Russell Westbrook: Patrick Beverley Ticked Y'All Like He Playing Defense

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Russell Westbrook: Patrick Beverley Ticked Y'All Like He Playing Defense 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Russell Westbrook criticized the defense of Patrick Beverley after James Harden scored 47 points in the Houston Rockets' 102-93 win over the Los Angeles Clippers.

Westbrook and Beverley have been rivals dating back to the 2013 playoffs when the former suffered a torn meniscus when the latter collided with him after calling a timeout.

"Pat Bev trick y'all, man, like he playing defense," Westbrook said. "He don't guard nobody, man. It's just running around, doing nothing. ... All that commotion to get 47."

Westbrook celebrated Beverley's sixth foul with a mocking wave.

"Don't start that, don't start that," Beverley told ESPN as he exited the Clippers' locker room. "I don't care about that."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,507

Re: Russell Westbrook: Patrick Beverley Ticked Y'All Like He Playing Defense 

Post#2 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm

"Ticked y'all"

I hope he doesn't get too ticked.
Dunk93
Junior
And1: 176

Post#3 » by Dunk93 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Better hope y'all don't get da lyme.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Please, for the love of every young NBA fan, teach these players how to speak properly!!
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#5 » by Donnyxc » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Even I'm a little Ticked by the misquote in this headline.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#6 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:08 am

Should Westbrook really be bashing someone else's defense? (And based on 1 game, like he was so silly realGM poster)
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#7 » by CanesHeatFins » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 am

TheCage4 wrote:Please, for the love of every young NBA fan, teach these players how to speak properly!!

I know right, all these black guys should speak identical to the way your parents taught you how to speak. The same thing goes for those people from Boston, the south, or any dialect of the English language for that matter. Get with the program people and speak in a manner that people like "TheCage4" can finally respect you.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Post#8 » by Dan33185 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:02 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:Please, for the love of every young NBA fan, teach these players how to speak properly!!

I know right, all these black guys should speak identical to the way your parents taught you how to speak. The same thing goes for those people from Boston, the south, or any dialect of the English language for that matter. Get with the program people and speak in a manner that people like "TheCage4" can finally respect you.

Found the racist.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#9 » by NoZoLakers » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:05 pm

westbrook not wrong, Beverly shows a lot of activity n effort on d but that overzealous approach leads to him getting beat alot n fouling alot too, if refs really paid attention to him, hed foul out by half time
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by TheCage4 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 am

CanesHeatFins wrote:

I’d venture to say you, my friend, could benefit from some reading comprehension too.

No where in my comment did I reference ethnicity or geographical location. The fact that you derived that from what I wrote speaks to a deeper issue that you yourself may be struggling with.

So with that said, please get with the program and respect your fellow RealGM posters and keep your race driven dialogue to yourself.

Thank you.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#11 » by CanesHeatFins » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:03 am

TheCage4 wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:

I’d venture to say you, my friend, could benefit from some reading comprehension too.

No where in my comment did I reference ethnicity or geographical location. The fact that you derived that from what I wrote speaks to a deeper issue that you yourself may be struggling with.

So with that said, please get with the program and respect your fellow RealGM posters and keep your race driven dialogue to yourself.

Thank you.

LOL..If anyone here is struggling with deeper issues, its probably the dude trying to be the grammar police on a basketball forum.

Lacking self awareness I see. You might wanna try some reading comprehension with your own post before preaching to others about the lack of theirs. Basically you somehow managed to preach "respect your fellow poster" while at the same time attempting to ridicule my reading comprehension within the same post.

So with that said, please get with the program and respect your fellow RealGM posters and keep your judgemental hypocritical comments to yourself.

Thank You
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by TheCage4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:17 am

CanesHeatFins wrote:
TheCage4 wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:

Thank you.

LOL..If anyone here is struggling with deeper issues, its probably the dude trying to be the grammar police on a basketball forum.

Lacking self awareness I see. You might wanna try some reading comprehension with your own post before preaching to others about the lack of theirs. Basically you somehow managed to preach "respect your fellow poster" while at the same time attempting to ridicule my reading comprehension within the same post.

So with that said, please get with the program and respect your fellow RealGM posters and keep your judgemental hypocritical comments to yourself.

Thank You

Sigh.

A clear example of today’s way to respond to ridicule- continue to spin and redirect the subject dialogue until we’ve run out of enough bread crumbs to find our way back.

I wish you a safe journey home.

Return to Wiretap Discussion