Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,744

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#741 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:03 pm

WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't know where you guys are at, but as an OG cord cutter around here a decade ago, I think I've about hit my boiling point. Right now I've got high speed internet, Netflix, Hulu Live, Amazon Prime Video with HBO and Starz, and today I tried out Disney+. It's likely I'm forgetting something. I'm spending so far beyond what I'd ever spent on cable. I don't really know what the solution is anymore, outside of going 100% streaming sites and torrents. My folks use some Spectrum or DTV solution for everything and they pay $200 a month.

Yup, that's why I switched to 100% illegal years ago. There isn't any kind of savings anymore in cable vs ala carte programming. My Nvidia Shield controls pretty much my entire home and I run everything through it. Only thing I pay for now is Private Internet Access, which is about $40/year and a RealDebrid account, which is roughly the same cost.

I'm intrigued by this. Did some very basic research online and it seems like a pretty slick way to go once you have everything set up.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,356

Post#742 » by M-C-G » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:39 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:
I had a 2013 Samsung tv that they started taking apps away from and stopped updating. That was enough for me to absolutely 100% not even consider them when I got my new tv last Christmas.

Bought a samsung a year ago and paid a pretty penny. Frankly, I don't think it really outperforms our $125 Roku TV. It's very glitchy, picture of dark scenes at night in movies is almost completely black and the sound leveling feature works for ****, so you are constantly adjusting the volume on different shows and different apps. Will not buy again, which is a shame, because that was a name I associated with Quality. Makes me think they are just being built cheap somewhere with the same parts as some **** brand and slapping the Samsung nameplate on at the end.
I was a hardcore Samsung guy especially when plasmas were the tech of the day but last TV I bought was a 60 inch TCL, just couldn't resist the price and 18 months in I've been pleasantly surprised with TCL no issues at all.

Oh and on an unrelated note I'm not surprised Vue is shutting down, I switched from YouTube TV because I wanted the redzone channel and oh my is Vue a steaming pile of poop from a speed and over all UI perspective. Really hope YouTube TV gets something worked out with the NFL by next football season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I am hoping Hulu does, or with Vue being out of the market, someone expands into that space with more options. Even if Prime offered Redzone that would probably give me everything I need if coupled with Hulu fairly basic package.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#743 » by emunney » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:42 pm

The solution is don't get everything?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#744 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:56 pm

emunney wrote:The solution is don't get everything?

Come on, that's just silly.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#745 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 am

I don't know how some of you have so much time to watch TV.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#746 » by steger_3434 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I don't know how some of you have so much time to watch TV.

Some spend free time watching tv. Some spend it at arts

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#747 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I don't know how some of you have so much time to watch TV.

I hope you realize how stupid you sound saying this on a message board.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#748 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:28 am

It helps if you can catch up on your stories when you're at work.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#749 » by trwi7 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:It helps if you can catch up on your stories when you're at work.

Or retired for 25 years.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#750 » by TroyD92 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:44 am

Any recommendations for Disney + content ?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#751 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:28 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't know where you guys are at, but as an OG cord cutter around here a decade ago, I think I've about hit my boiling point. Right now I've got high speed internet, Netflix, Hulu Live, Amazon Prime Video with HBO and Starz, and today I tried out Disney+. It's likely I'm forgetting something. I'm spending so far beyond what I'd ever spent on cable. I don't really know what the solution is anymore, outside of going 100% streaming sites and torrents. My folks use some Spectrum or DTV solution for everything and they pay $200 a month.

Yup, that's why I switched to 100% illegal years ago. There isn't any kind of savings anymore in cable vs ala carte programming. My Nvidia Shield controls pretty much my entire home and I run everything through it. Only thing I pay for now is Private Internet Access, which is about $40/year and a RealDebrid account, which is roughly the same cost.

I'm intrigued by this. Did some very basic research online and it seems like a pretty slick way to go once you have everything set up.

I love it. In addition to it running everything I use for streaming, I have a two 5 TB drives hooked up to it for a program called RetroX. Basically every emulator available and every game from MAME up through the Wii. It's amazing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#752 » by steger_3434 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:33 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Any recommendations for Disney + content ?

I’ve been bouncing around. Watched old yeller, fox and hound, an episode of ducktails and an episode of the simpsons so far

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#753 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#754 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:21 pm

Hulu (no ads) + Live TV is changing their price from $50.99 to $60.99 and that's about the last nail in the coffin. I need to figure out how to pirate **** again.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#755 » by wapith » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:31 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Hulu (no ads) + Live TV is changing their price from $50.99 to $60.99 and that's about the last nail in the coffin. I need to figure out how to pirate **** again.

I have the ad version and it just increased from $44.99 to $54.99. This really pisses me off as I just converted from Spectrum tv + internet less than a month ago. Went through the pain of switching internet providers from Spectrum to AT&T too, and now I'll be paying more for internet + Hulu than I was for Spectrum cable + internet... ugh!

Though I am pretty sure I can go back to Spectrum internet and get their new customer rate now... Pretty stupid.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#756 » by glenn » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Yeah, I was already on the fence about continuing with Hulu TV (they are buggy as hell and frequently cut off the end of shows). Now with the price increase I'm pretty much set on going back to cable. It sucks, but at least I'll have a year at a promotional price and a DVR that actually functions.
:reporter:
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#757 » by WRau1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Hulu (no ads) + Live TV is changing their price from $50.99 to $60.99 and that's about the last nail in the coffin. I need to figure out how to pirate **** again.

I'll pm you what I use.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#758 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Had Vue - Just changed to YouTube TV - Very easy to use and less delay than Vue ( about 30 secs )

Negatives:
- only 3 streams at once ( 1 have 5 TV's inside my house and 1 outside )
- No NFL network

Postives:
- No freeze frame moments so far
- cheaper than Vue
- Recommend channels right up to - very easy to switch from bucks game to TNF yesterday.

Also just got disney + , so far so good - Have a 2yr old and i can only watch frozen or Moana so many times

I have spectum internet and pay $40 per month for 12 months - and i never pay full price for internet. At month 11, i usually cancel and go to like AT&T and get there promo rate and then after there promo rate is done, i switch back to Spectum, but sign my wife up and so on.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#759 » by tski1972 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:40 am

I am lost when it comes to anything outside of cable tv, but let me see if I understand this correctly.

I do not have any smart TVs in my house. If I get a Roku I can plug it into my tv and still stream YouTube TV, correct?

I would have get one for each tv however, correct?

There is no monthly fee for having the Roku, only fees for any streaming service I elect to purchase, correct?

Basically what I’m saying is....

http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#760 » by glenn » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:55 am

tski1972 wrote:I do not have any smart TVs in my house. If I get a Roku I can plug it into my tv and still stream YouTube TV, correct?

Correct

tski1972 wrote:I would have get one for each tv however, correct?

Correct, unless you don't mind unplugging it and moving it around the house.

tski1972 wrote:There is no monthly fee for having the Roku, only fees for any streaming service I elect to purchase, correct?

Correct
:reporter:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks