ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#861 » by killmongrel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Can't get anybody really good with the MLE.

That's why a guy like Crowder would work.

Yeah, I suppose. My objection wasn't so much that the MLE is used on him if he can show that he is consistent at still being a solid player - he's been underwhelming for a while - it's that the FO needs a better SF than him to be a serious contender.

I hope either Paschall continues to progress and he can be put at the spot, DLO stays and Klay works at the 3, DLO is traded for an SF, the TPE lands us a decent starting SF.We have to hope either of those situations happens.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#862 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Geeze, get outta my head Mylie.

He'd be a great addition to this team. Put him next to Draymond to cover the glaring defensive shortcomings, and he'd be a rock star for us. We haven't had a big man scorer like him at all in the Steph/Klay/Dray era. He'd rebound for us, finish around the rim,set great screens, plus he can shoot the ball all the way to the 3 line now.

It would likely have to be a 3 way if the Magic were set on Fultz to lead them. However they may want to move forward younger now with Dlo at PG and bring Fultz off the bench with the emergence of Isaac up front.

Maybe there's a 3 way with New York,or Minnesota? I can see both of those teams having interest in Dlo.

Curry/Cole Anthony(1st rnd)/Bowman
Klay/Poole
Jae Crowder (MLE)/Iguodala/Burks
Draymond/Paschall
Vucevic/Looney/Smiley

Mmmhmmmm. :nod:
Jae Crowder isn't good.

He'd fit in with that group. Tough and strong guy, good defense and can hit the corner 3 ball.

Whatever though, if you see a better realistic 2020 UFA that would take the MLE and fit into our group, I'm all ears.

I'll go PJ Tucker instead. I'd only want Crowder at the vet min. But he's a good player on a good team.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#863 » by xdrta+ » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:56 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Jae Crowder isn't good.

He'd fit in with that group. Tough and strong guy, good defense and can hit the corner 3 ball.

Whatever though, if you see a better realistic 2020 UFA that would take the MLE and fit into our group, I'm all ears.

I'll go PJ Tucker instead. I'd only want Crowder at the vet min. But he's a good player on a good team.

I like Tucker, of course, but the MLE will be under $6M and I don't think you'll get Tucker for that.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#864 » by The-Power » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Coxy wrote:The point is, we shouldn't be breaking DLo down into smaller parts, and as we are the big boys and light years ahead (lol), we should be using DLo with some other pieces to grab an ever better player and star, not the other way around.

The DLo to Minny for Roco and Teague idea can lick my balls.

Then why do you want to trade Russell for Vucevic? Because he sure as hell isn't a better player or star. A 29 years old Center with strengths but also clear weaknesses (ask Magic fans)? No, thanks. Not for Russell.

I tend to agree with you on trades that are acceptable. Focus on packaging Russell and our top pick to get a true star on the team, or – if you don't believe that Russell is a fit – trade him for a useful player and (!) a significant asset that can be used in later trades to fetch us a really good player. Vucevic is only a useful player. Where is the significant asset?
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#865 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:54 pm

The-Power wrote:
Coxy wrote:The point is, we shouldn't be breaking DLo down into smaller parts, and as we are the big boys and light years ahead (lol), we should be using DLo with some other pieces to grab an ever better player and star, not the other way around.

Then why do you want to trade Russell for Vucevic? Because he sure as hell isn't a better player or star. A 29 years old Center with strengths but also clear weaknesses (ask Magic fans)? No, thanks. Not for Russell.

I tend to agree with you on trades that are acceptable. Focus on packaging Russell and our top pick to get a true star on the team, or – if you don't believe that Russell is a fit – trade him for a useful player and (!) a significant asset that can be used in later trades to fetch us a really good player. Vucevic is only a useful player. Where is the significant asset?

Vucevic is way better than you are giving credit. Like way better. Useful is a total put down.

And with Steph Klay and Draymond, he's a much better fit than D Lo is. And if we're talking overall value versus DLo O would agree, which means we could most likely pull more than just Vucevic out of a deal. Also has a declining scale contract. So does Aaron Gordon for that matter.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
The-Power
General Manager

Post#866 » by The-Power » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:41 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
The-Power wrote:

Vucevic is way better than you are giving credit. Like way better. Useful is a total put down.

And with Steph Klay and Draymond, he's a much better fit than D Lo is. And if we're talking overall value versus DLo O would agree, which means we could most likely pull more than just Vucevic out of a deal. Also has a declining scale contract. So does Aaron Gordon for that matter.

Based on what, a career-year in a contract-year? Sorry, but Vucevic is nothing special at all. Volume scorer at mediocre efficiency, with mediocre defense, who made the playoffs once in his career and completely shrunk in that series. 29 years old. He's skilled but soft; a solid player, starting-caliber. Not someone I'd be excited about in return for Russell at all.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#867 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 pm

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,213

Post#868 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 am

Why is paying $19 million for Tyler Johnson a good idea? Oh I guess he's expiring but what can the Warriors get for $19 million next year?

Gordon supposedly has a bargain contract but it seems he's having a rough year so far, shooting has fallen off.

Is there any scenario in which keeping Russell would be a better idea than trading for these wings? From the limited data set, Russell and Curry do not mesh together well when they're both playing. But when staggered, could help the poor bench scoring.

Is there a wing in the draft who'd at least be a good role player, to back Klay at the 3?

Before he signed the extension, everyone was after Beal. But Anthony Edwards sounds like he has the potential to be another Beal.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#869 » by xdrta+ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:46 am

I'd like to see Curry and Russell play together a lot more before I wrote them off. Thompson too.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#870 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:53 am

wco81 wrote:Why is paying $19 million for Tyler Johnson a good idea? Oh I guess he's expiring but what can the Warriors get for $19 million next year?

it's an expiring, it's just used to salary match, it's essentially DLo for Cam Johnson + Phx 1st.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#871 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:54 am

clyde21
RealGM

Post#872 » by clyde21 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:54 am

xdrta+ wrote:I'd like to see Curry and Russell play together a lot more before I wrote them off. Thompson too.

DLo should not be on this roster next year
wco81
RealGM

Post#873 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:19 am

But what could the team do with an expiring?

Can they expect that cap space for the following free agency period?

Supposedly the FA class is weak next year anyways.

Now if there was a third team which wanted that expiring ...
The-Power
General Manager

Post#874 » by The-Power » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:09 pm

If people want to get rid of Russell: what about a trade centered around Bradley Beal? Of course having John Wall and his albatross contract on the team is a problem for the Wizards when thinking about bringing in another PG. But that aside, I think it would make some sense.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#875 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:52 pm

The-Power wrote:If people want to get rid of Russell: what about a trade centered around Bradley Beal? Of course having John Wall and his albatross contract on the team is a problem for the Wizards when thinking about bringing in another PG. But that aside, I think it would make some sense.

He would fit better for a faster offense, and he is robably better than Dlo, but it doesn't assist in our positional conundrum. We really should be looking to deal Dlo (if that is the plan of our FO), for a SF or C for the next run. My preference would be for a C, if we don't get a shot at drafting Wiseman. In order to unleash the best of Curry and Klay again next season, we need our defensive identity back to get consistent and regular stops so we can get out and run teams off the court again. Think back to the time of Bogut, that's what we want again.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#876 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 am

Maybe we can get a leg up on next year and get Reddick in here. Pelicans are going nowhere this season. We get him in here now with the idea of him staying next year. Then your bench shooter is taken care of.
Khoee wrote “
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#877 » by azwfan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:31 am

Mylie10 wrote:Maybe we can get a leg up on next year and get Reddick in here. Pelicans are going nowhere this season. We get him in here now with the idea of him staying next year. Then your bench shooter is taken care of.

He's making 13m. Not sure how we can get him until the summer when we can use our TPE. Maybe we get #1 pick the Pelicans get #2 and wanna trade up (assuming they don't want Wiseman).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#878 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 am

wco81 wrote:But what could the team do with an expiring?

Can they expect that cap space for the following free agency period?

Supposedly the FA class is weak next year anyways.

Now if there was a third team which wanted that expiring ...

to be able to do the trade.
wco81
RealGM

Post#879 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:03 am

Reddick will be like 36 or 37 next year, can't defend, can't create shots for himself or others.

He's not going to take some minimum deal either.
CaliWG
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#880 » by CaliWG » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:38 pm

An interesting trade idea, but it would have to wait until next summer: DLo for Brandon Ingram in a sign and trade. Both are young. Both would be on max rookie extensions. And both are borderline all-stars (Ingram has taken a huge step forward this year). Yet Russell doesn't necessarily fit alongside Steph, and Ingram plays the same position (theoretically) as Zion. So both teams would improve their overall roster balance. Ingram would fit in really nice at the SF spot for the Warriors next year, and he'd be a piece to build around post Steph & Klay.

Return to Golden State Warriors