Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Re: Lakers progress so far 

Post#61 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 am

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Ab will remain the starting pg. Caruso will not be able to stay with the westbrooks,dames, currys of the world. AB will.

You're on this kuz train hard. While I agree his performance per dollar is great, kuz himself isn't that very good. You projected him to be the third star. It's still early but even if he returns to last year's form 45% from the field and 30% from three will not cut it fora team with championship aspirations.

Just imagine what Ingram would be doing on this team right now. Dude is having a great year so far.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Like I’ve said, let’s revisit once he’s got his cardio going and has warmed up a bit. I never said he’s Ingram. I said he’s going to be our third star.

And there’s no doubt Ingram is ahead (a year and talent wise). He’s not a Laker anymore. Siakam would be good, too. He’s not a Laker either.

Are you arguing that we should’ve kept Ingram? I agree, although it wouldn’t work cap space wise.
You said James worthy level impact in another thread. Can you specify what you mean by that? What do you mean by star? Star on this team or star in this league?

When you put kuzma and worthy in the same sentence, you're giving kuzma a ton of praise

What do you think of his defense? What does cardio have to do with his defense?

FYI, it’s part of grownup conversation etiquette to answer the questions you’re asked in return after you bombard someone with questions yourself with questionable intent, and get straight up answers despite it.

Just sayin’.

What’s up with the Kuzma hate, btw? Is that you, Tatum? BI? Or did Kuz bag you ex GF or mom or something?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#62 » by NippySudz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:08 am

stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Like I’ve said, let’s revisit once he’s got his cardio going and has warmed up a bit. I never said he’s Ingram. I said he’s going to be our third star.

And there’s no doubt Ingram is ahead (a year and talent wise). He’s not a Laker anymore. Siakam would be good, too. He’s not a Laker either.

Are you arguing that we should’ve kept Ingram? I agree, although it wouldn’t work cap space wise.
You said James worthy level impact in another thread. Can you specify what you mean by that? What do you mean by star? Star on this team or star in this league?

When you put kuzma and worthy in the same sentence, you're giving kuzma a ton of praise

FYI, it’s part of grownup conversation etiquette to answer the questions you’re asked in return after you bombard someone with questions yourself with questionable intent, and get straight up answers despite it.

Just sayin’.

What’s up with the Kuzma hate, btw? Is that you, Tatum? BI? Or did Kuz bag you ex GF or mom or something?
Sorry I apologise for not answering your questions. It's not my intention. I tend to read posts then try to answer along paragraph by paragraph but Tapatalk doesn't show me the full posting while composing a text.

I do not hate kuzma. I think for his value, he is good. I have a problem with people overhyping kuzma and I'm not talking about specifically you but media, social media and fans.

I think putting him in tbe same sentence as a hall of famer is sort of absurd or people online speaking to his work ethic as if he's the next Kobe Bryant. I find that kinda crazy.

He's a good player. He can be third option. But being third option doesn't make you a star, all star or Superstar. Working with Kobe Bryant doesn't make someone great. Having great work ethic doesn't make someone great. Some people will twice as hard and will never be LeBron James.

And again it's not directed at you specifically. It's just what I hear and read for fans.

I said kuzma is more like jr Smith. A streaky scorer that can give you 30 some nights but is not going to be consistent. I also said despite his shortcomings, he shouldn't be traded.

So take it as you will.

stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:49 am

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:You said James worthy level impact in another thread. Can you specify what you mean by that? What do you mean by star? Star on this team or star in this league?

Just sayin’.

Sorry I apologise for not answering your questions. It's not my intention. I tend to read posts then try to answer along paragraph by paragraph but Tapatalk doesn't show me the full posting while composing a text.

I do not hate kuzma. I think for his value, he is good. I have a problem with people overhyping kuzma and I'm not talking about specifically you but media, social media and fans.

I think putting him in tbe same sentence as a hall of famer is sort of absurd or people online speaking to his work ethic as if he's the next Kobe Bryant. I find that kinda crazy.

He's a good player. He can be third option. But being third option doesn't make you a star, all star or Superstar. Working with Kobe Bryant doesn't make someone great. Having great work ethic doesn't make someone great. Some people will twice as hard and will never be LeBron James.

And again it's not directed at you specifically. It's just what I hear and read for fans.

I said kuzma is more like jr Smith. A streaky scorer that can give you 30 some nights but is not going to be consistent. I also said despite his shortcomings, he shouldn't be traded.

So take it as you will.

It was presented as his max ceiling projection for his career. A third star on a championship team with similar impact. Nobody here said he’s James Worthy just yet or compared them as players much more than them similarly being the third best player.

I believe he’s got the makeup to be a winner of multiple rings as the third wheel. You believe he’ll be a Jr Smith. We’ll have to see.

I base my predictions mostly on the eye test, and also on their intelligence in interviews, if they walk the talk in the gym or not, if they’re true alpha in clutch moments, team defense, if they sense and react to momentum swings, what obstacles they overcame so far, their overall character, a bunch of stuff.

He checks all the boxes for me. Hard worker, determined, underdog, junk yard dog, fearless, runs the flank, good touch on floaters, soft hands around the rim, attacks fearlessly, plays off the ball, shoots the three...

He’s young, it’s a completely new system, he missed the first 15 games of the season (including preseason), his cardio is behind schedule due to the injury...

Let’s see how he’s playing by ASB.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#64 » by NippySudz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:26 am

stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Just sayin’.

So take it as you will.

It was presented as his max ceiling projection for his career. A third star on a championship team with similar impact. Nobody here said he’s James Worthy just yet or compared them as players much more than them similarly being the third best player.

I believe he’s got the makeup to be a winner of multiple rings as the third wheel. You believe he’ll be a Jr Smith. We’ll have to see.

I base my predictions mostly on the eye test, and also on their intelligence in interviews, if they walk the talk in the gym or not, if they’re true alpha in clutch moments, team defense, if they sense and react to momentum swings, what obstacles they overcame so far, their overall character, a bunch of stuff.

He checks all the boxes for me. Hard worker, determined, underdog, junk yard dog, fearless, runs the flank, good touch on floaters, soft hands around the rim, attacks fearlessly, plays off the ball, shoots the three...

He’s young, it’s a completely new system, he missed the first 15 games of the season (including preseason), his cardio is behind schedule due to the injury...

I dont see it even for his ceiling

Even Jr Smith had clutch moments.

His work ethic is better than jr Smith that's for sure.

But I'm willing to exercise patience until asb.

He played great tonight so I'll give him credit.

stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#65 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 am

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Sorry I apologise for not answering your questions. It's not my intention. I tend to read posts then try to answer along paragraph by paragraph but Tapatalk doesn't show me the full posting while composing a text.

So take it as you will.

I dont see it even for his ceiling

Even Jr Smith had clutch moments.

His work ethic is better than jr Smith that's for sure.

But I'm willing to exercise patience until asb.

He played great tonight so I'll give him credit.

I’ve seen him do this too many times not to expect it to become consistent. He’s in his third year. It’s not until now consistency can be expected. Let’s re-visit by ASB when he’s got a chance to show some bigger sample size of consistency or not.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#66 » by Landsberger » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 am

The Kuzma debate rages on. I was in the house for the game tonight and though he played a very solid game on both ends. I think the rep he has as a poor defender is a lazy observation by many. He was in position most of the night tonight and played smart off the ball. Caruso has a rep as a defender yet he was overmatched while shooting like crap again. Fans get an initial impression and never change it seems.

I think we got a glimpse of the what may be the stable second unit tonight. Rondo had a good first stretch but wasn't as great in his second one. Kuzma was active offensively and didn't settle to shooting the 3 all night. If Rondo can lead an uptempo second unit with Howard and Kuzma along with one of Bron or Davis we've got something IMHO. Rondo is fantastic in broke court situations. Howard and Kuzma do very well moving off the ball which is perfect for Rondo as well. I hope we can get some consistent minute for that group together and see what they can do.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by NippySudz » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:17 am

Landsberger wrote:The Kuzma debate rages on. I was in the house for the game tonight and though he played a very solid game on both ends. I think the rep he has as a poor defender is a lazy observation by many. He was in position most of the night tonight and played smart off the ball. Caruso has a rep as a defender yet he was overmatched while shooting like crap again. Fans get an initial impression and never change it seems.

I think we got a glimpse of the what may be the stable second unit tonight. Rondo had a good first stretch but wasn't as great in his second one. Kuzma was active offensively and didn't settle to shooting the 3 all night. If Rondo can lead an uptempo second unit with Howard and Kuzma along with one of Bron or Davis we've got something IMHO. Rondo is fantastic in broke court situations. Howard and Kuzma do very well moving off the ball which is perfect for Rondo as well. I hope we can get some consistent minute for that group together and see what they can do.
I don't think it's lazy at all. I think it's based on last season and this season this far. There wasn't as much defense tenacity as the raptor game from both sides.

Caruso is no where near hyped as kuzma. He's expected to perform in limited mins. Kuzma was getting lit up by a championship team and a champion wing that had handles. Having his way with him. It's easy to dismiss that game in favor of this chippy suns team. It doesn't mean kuzma fixed it but if he can keep up his offensive production, it'll be huge even in light of his defense.

I thought rondo was great. For someone coming back from injury, he did well. Got kuz some of his buckets where kuz likes it. I don't know if rondo can keep it up. Like kuzma, he's a polarizing figure (?)

I like rondo

I'm excited for lac vs lal WCF match up. I hope it happens. That's what I want.

Landsberger
General Manager

Post#68 » by Landsberger » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:25 am

It was an interesting crowd in PHX. The Laker fans were about 1/3 of the crowd tonight. The noise for Rondo, Howard and Kuzma's plays was drowning out the PHX fans. PHX games always bring out the Laker fans over here.... and a bunch from over there as well. Good game and good to see us win when LeBron wasn't great against a young and energetic team. Veteran led team for sure.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:32 am

Good to great transition defense. Fourth quarter beat down again.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#70 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:14 pm

I was just looking at the schedule for the season. If we're healthy and have a decent lead in the conference we have a chance to rest down the stretch. Our last 14 games are not against any of the top contenders. In fact many are going to be against the bottom dwellers if seems. Reason I was looking.... just bought tickets to the last game of the year which will be here in PHX.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:42 pm

It’s coming together. Last game looked great, even without LBJ and AD.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,831

Post#72 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:47 pm

stan francisco wrote:It’s coming together. Last game looked great, even without LBJ and AD.

I hope this is the crew's MO going forward, to not depend on Lebron and AD all the time. 8-)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#73 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:03 pm

B- We get an A if we split the series with the Clips and at least show we can beat the Bucks.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers