How do the Jazz stack up against WC Contenders?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Soul Patch
RealGM
And1: 920

Re: How do the Jazz stack up against WC Contenders? 

Post#201 » by Soul Patch » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:24 am

What’re you guys talking about again?
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#202 » by 50CalClips » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:10 am

See you next week, Utah.
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#203 » by TNJazz » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:44 pm

50CalClips wrote:See you next week, Utah.

Looking forward to it! :nod:
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#204 » by 50CalClips » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:15 pm

TNJazz wrote:
50CalClips wrote:See you next week, Utah.

Looking forward to it! :nod:

Was looking forward to Real Salt Lake vs Los Angeles FC next week as well (MLS Playoffs).
I still want our REVENGE!

Read on Twitter
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#205 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Paul George's return to action over first three games is the most impressive return to action after a long layoff that I have ever seen. He's averaging 29.3 ppg on 16 attempts in 24 mpg. On a per 36 minute basis, he is averaging 43.4 ppg on 24 attempts. He's got a 38 PER. George has started out so hot I am wondering whether he could still make a run for MVP. Hopefully I am jinxing him with all this praise though. :lol:

I never thought the Jazz would stack up very well against the Clippers, but for awhile, I was hoping that due to Leonard periodically missing games and PG missing all the early games, they might not finish the regular season in the WC top four, but that is looking pretty unlikely now. Paul George is probably going to be able to lead the Clips to plenty of wins when Kawhi is load managing.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,681

Post#206 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 3:41 pm

Luigi wrote:7/16/19 Depends on what they Lakers can do with their cap space.

They've added Danny Green 2/30 and JaVale McGee 2/8.2. I think they have 8 left, then vet minimums.

So they added Howard, who is playing well off the bench, and they just blew us out at Vivint a couple of days ago. Before the season, I had the Clips down as our worst matchup, but now I think the Lakers may have edged them out as a worse matchup. Gobert is our only player who can deal with McGee, AD or Howard in the paint, and he can only deal with one of them at a time. So your big fear of twin tower matchups has come to fruition here. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers sweep us if we meet them in the playoffs.

Caution: My post suffers from recency bias. :lol:

The Clippers, with Harrell and Williams playing so well in addition to Leonard and George, are even better than I thought they would be, but I think we could at least win one game against them in a playoff series with Gobert dominating the paint.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#207 » by Catchall » Sat Dec 7, 2019 12:14 am

I think the Jazz would beat Denver, Houston or Dallas in a series. These LA teams are a load, however, and I think we need to make a roster move or two to deal with them.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#208 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Dec 7, 2019 12:27 pm

Houston had embarrassed us two seasons in a row in the playoffs and beat us 4-1 twice in a row. I'm not ready to say we can beat them in a series. I think Denver is more formidable than it was last season too.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.

Return to Utah Jazz