Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cameron Reddish 

Post#481 » by Stillwater » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:the amount of people who were wrong around the association that saw this kid as a high ceiling prospect based on body type and fundamentals clearly must be a record. ATL fell for the hype even after he disappointed at Duke . I said it from the jump...he is not a lottery level prospect imo.
He clearly lacks the mental fortitude and work ethic required to play well against grown men.
Now there are a lot of lottery picked players that struggle early on especially when thrown in the fire , but all his supporters were suggesting the fit was perfect for him with a high dime bomb chucking pg that cant defend and n their defense prob didnt have a clue their boy Collins was a fraud and wouldnt be around to catch lobs or grab defenders attention away from Reddish.
He sucks, he is a big time bust and i am about the only person on here that singled him out in the draft process as being so.
Garland looks bad too so dont cone on here thinking im just hating or being a homer...CLE should have known better than to pick an injured player

The Cam Reddish sucks viewpoint wasn't a rare thing to be seen around here.

the reddish will become a better player in the nba and was held back by his teammates was pretty much the common excuse then it was the core muscle bs after the season that even i gave him a pass for until it was obviously bs by his camp to regain hype draft value. not sure if was you or someone with a sim user name but i do remember what was likely you giving honest opinions about Reddish most of which also agreed he sucked... but nobody had him valued in the 40s or 50s in their top 100 like i did.
i mean i knew he'd get way overpicked in my mock, but never have been a supporter of him.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#482 » by Illmatic12 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:24 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:the amount of people who were wrong around the association that saw this kid as a high ceiling prospect based on body type and fundamentals clearly must be a record. ATL fell for the hype even after he disappointed at Duke . I said it from the jump...he is not a lottery level prospect imo.
He clearly lacks the mental fortitude and work ethic required to play well against grown men.
Now there are a lot of lottery picked players that struggle early on especially when thrown in the fire , but all his supporters were suggesting the fit was perfect for him with a high dime bomb chucking pg that cant defend and n their defense prob didnt have a clue their boy Collins was a fraud and wouldnt be around to catch lobs or grab defenders attention away from Reddish.
He sucks, he is a big time bust and i am about the only person on here that singled him out in the draft process as being so.
Garland looks bad too so dont cone on here thinking im just hating or being a homer...CLE should have known better than to pick an injured player

Then why is everyone saying "It's too early , give him more time like Trae Young" when there's no track record of Cam being good in the first place?

Even if he pans out , it'll be as an okay role player who should've been drafted in the mid/late first. Why should we expect him to live up to his draft status at this point .
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,322

Post#483 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:05 am

Illmatic12 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Then why is everyone saying "It's too early , give him more time like Trae Young" when there's no track record of Cam being good in the first place?

Even if he pans out , it'll be as an okay role player who should've been drafted in the mid/late first. Why should we expect him to live up to his draft status at this point .

What do you mean "everyone"? In the general board there already have been multiple threads created to talk about how horrible he is. On this very same thread you don't have to go that far back to find people saying he was the next Wesley Johnson (aka bust). There have been plenty of people on here for the past year saying he is a bust and wouldn't take him in the 1st round.

Does he have his defenders? Ya. But all I'm saying is the, "Cam isn't good and is a bust" take isn't new or rare. It was actually talked about a lot for the past year, by many different people.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,891
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#484 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:09 am

Not only did the Hawks offense not make him the best player in the league, he’s way worse than any of us could have expected.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
marco102
Junior
And1: 717

Post#485 » by marco102 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:

Yep a whole 12 games into his career at 20 years old and he’s already a huge massive bust with no chance. Lol And in no way were you the only that didn’t like Reddish. Plenty of people were not high on him because of his shooting %’s at Duke. He’s only starting because of injurie(s) to Huerter.

Funny Trae is averaging 9.7 assists without Collins but I was told Collins was the only reason Trae averaged more assists than Sexton..Yes Garland looks bad (and is supposed to be Cle’s future at PG??) and Porter Jr is no top 5 talent!

porter has shown more than reddish and cost cle a fraction of what reddish cost atl...
but thats fine try to turn this into me hating when the fact is i saw this coming after 3 college games and wrote him off completely after choking all season in college. yes there were some who moved him down their boards but nobody was as low on him as me...nobody.
btw trae young for all his attributes as a ball handler and floor general still cant carry his team to the playoffs by the looks of it.
Reddish should be benched until he grows a pair, but the truth is atl is too invested in him going 10th to do what needs to be done.
Sexton is far more impressive as a developing player on both sides of the ball even though Trae is clearly better at making his teammates better , but keep on sleeping on him.
Garland is not in shape

1. Trae's offense and defense have improved this season. Before the two LA Shlackings he was rated the same as Luka Doncic on defense. Collin Sexton is a good young player. I don't believe he'll be on Trae Young's level on offense EVER and his defense will not be enough to make up for it.
2. You're willing to metion Garland is not in shape, but won't acknowledge that Cam was out the entire summer rehabbing. Like I said before. If you expected Cam to be bad, why are you making threads about how bad he was. The reasonable Hawks fan knew he was a project and he's shown some improvements. The only thing Cam is not doing at a rookie level is shooting. That can be worked on. He's playing tough defense, rebounding, and getting a few assists. He's not very confident but for the most part he's giving good effort out there.
You just don't like the Hawks because some see their young core as having the potential to be way better than Cleveland's. It's okay man. Cleveland's young core has the potential to be good too.
I'm working with my firm to assist small businesses apply for the stimulus assistance. If you're interested please pm.
We are also offering a cashflow bootcamp for small businesses (https://www.aprio.com/whatsnext/covid-19-cash-flow-bootcamp/ ).
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#486 » by Stillwater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:36 pm

marco102 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:Yep a whole 12 games into his career at 20 years old and he’s already a huge massive bust with no chance. Lol And in no way were you the only that didn’t like Reddish. Plenty of people were not high on him because of his shooting %’s at Duke. He’s only starting because of injurie(s) to Huerter.

Funny Trae is averaging 9.7 assists without Collins but I was told Collins was the only reason Trae averaged more assists than Sexton..Yes Garland looks bad (and is supposed to be Cle’s future at PG??) and Porter Jr is no top 5 talent!

porter has shown more than reddish and cost cle a fraction of what reddish cost atl...
but thats fine try to turn this into me hating when the fact is i saw this coming after 3 college games and wrote him off completely after choking all season in college. yes there were some who moved him down their boards but nobody was as low on him as me...nobody.
btw trae young for all his attributes as a ball handler and floor general still cant carry his team to the playoffs by the looks of it.
Reddish should be benched until he grows a pair, but the truth is atl is too invested in him going 10th to do what needs to be done.
Sexton is far more impressive as a developing player on both sides of the ball even though Trae is clearly better at making his teammates better , but keep on sleeping on him.
Garland is not in shape

1. Trae's offense and defense have improved this season. Before the two LA Shlackings he was rated the same as Luka Doncic on defense. Collin Sexton is a good young player. I don't believe he'll be on Trae Young's level on offense EVER and his defense will not be enough to make up for it.
2. You're willing to metion Garland is not in shape, but won't acknowledge that Cam was out the entire summer rehabbing. Like I said before. If you expected Cam to be bad, why are you making threads about how bad he was. The reasonable Hawks fan knew he was a project and he's shown some improvements. The only thing Cam is not doing at a rookie level is shooting. That can be worked on. He's playing tough defense, rebounding, and getting a few assists. He's not very confident but for the most part he's giving good effort out there.
You just don't like the Hawks because some see their young core as having the potential to be way better than Cleveland's. It's okay man. Cleveland's young core has the potential to be good too.

This is the problem I have with many Hawks fans...not with the ATL Hawks team... they have a couple nice building blocks and that is it but to ATL fans they are the next GSW which is extremely homerish.
Young will never be a good defender now matter how hard he tries, and that my friend negates his elite court vision come playoffs when he will face rosters hell bent on playing 2-way basketball which is almost never the case in the regular season.
CLE is terrible right now and they don't even have enough time in their development process to know if any of their young players are going to be core peices, any one of them could be out of the league in 2 years or a full time starter on a contender I don't look at them and see a lesser upside roster compared to ATL at all, too me neither have shown enough to be excited about the future
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,445

Post#487 » by rpa » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Cam Reddish reminds me of Ben McLemore (aka the worst rookie in league history to get major minutes). Yeah, he's that bad.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,127

Post#488 » by clyde21 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:28 pm

again, Cam shouldn't be getting minutes now anyways, I like that Atlanta let's their young guys go out there and play, but Cam specifically just isn't close to being ready even now to be on the court both physically and mentally

problem is once you give a young player those minutes and then take them away, you gotta ask what that is gonna do to his psyche/confidence...he has some serious serious core issues he needs to fix and focus on, but i don't know how you can phase him out of the lineup at this point, especially for a guy like Cam who already doesn't seem to have a mental edge out there.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#489 » by The_Hater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm

At what point do the Hawks realize thst they need to stop playing him 25-30 mpg and send him to the G league for a couple of Months if not a couple of years? Are they really waiting for some miracle to happen and Reddish suddenly becomes a competent player? I’m not even convinced that will turn him into a useful player, he’s very very bad right now, but he absolutely should not be playing regular NBA rotation minutes.

And there isn’t really a recent NBA equivalent to what we’re watching, no recent lottery pick has been even close to this bad offensively. The best comparison I can think of is the Raptors started playing Bruno Cabaclo rotation minutes as a rookie instead of sending him to the G league (and he spent 4 full years in the g league)
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
marco102
Junior
And1: 717

Post#490 » by marco102 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 pm

[/ quote] [b]You just don't like the Hawks because some see their young core as having the potential to be way better than Cleveland's. It's okay man. Cleveland's young core has the poten
This is the problem I have with many Hawks fans...not with the ATL Hawks team... they have a couple nice building blocks and that is it but to ATL fans they are the next GSW which is extremely homerish.
Young will never be a good defender now matter how hard he tries, and that my friend negates his elite court vision come playoffs when he will face rosters hell bent on playing 2-way basketball which is almost never the case in the regular season.
CLE is terrible right now and they don't even have enough time in their development process to know if any of their young players are going to be core peices, any one of them could be out of the league in 2 years or a full time starter on a contender I don't look at them and see a lesser upside roster compared to ATL at all, too me neither have shown enough to be excited about the future[/quote]

Well at least you finally admit why you are irrational. I never said I did. I said some, but I have no problem rooting for Cleveland and their potential. I liked Garland and Porter Jr. coming into the draft. As long as they stink when they play the Hawks, I'm rooting for them.
I'm working with my firm to assist small businesses apply for the stimulus assistance. If you're interested please pm.
We are also offering a cashflow bootcamp for small businesses (https://www.aprio.com/whatsnext/covid-19-cash-flow-bootcamp/ ).
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,891
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#491 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:43 am

Core issue or not, Cam just isn't good at basketball.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,288

Post#492 » by baldur » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:46 am

The_Hater wrote:At what point do the Hawks realize thst they need to stop playing him 25-30 mpg and send him to the G league for a couple of Months if not a couple of years? Are they really waiting for some miracle to happen and Reddish suddenly becomes a competent player? I’m not even convinced that will turn him into a useful player, he’s very very bad right now, but he absolutely should not be playing regular NBA rotation minutes.

And there isn’t really a recent NBA equivalent to what we’re watching, no recent lottery pick has been even close to this bad offensively. The best comparison I can think of is the Raptors started playing Bruno Cabaclo rotation minutes as a rookie instead of sending him to the G league (and he spent 4 full years in the g league)

huerter is injured and other wing players, evan turner, chandler parsons and allen crabbe are all awful players already.
The_Hater

Post#493 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:50 am

baldur wrote:
The_Hater wrote:At what point do the Hawks realize thst they need to stop playing him 25-30 mpg and send him to the G league for a couple of Months if not a couple of years? Are they really waiting for some miracle to happen and Reddish suddenly becomes a competent player? I’m not even convinced that will turn him into a useful player, he’s very very bad right now, but he absolutely should not be playing regular NBA rotation minutes.

huerter is injured and other wing players, evan turner, chandler parsons and allen crabbe are all awful players already.

They’re all better players than Reddish. Clearly. Just look at their track records.

We don’t have anyone better just isn’t a good argument to defend a guy playing as badly as Reddish is.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,288

Post#494 » by baldur » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:52 am

The_Hater wrote:
baldur wrote:

They’re all better players than Reddish. Clearly. Just look at their track records.

6We don’t have anyone better just isn’t a good argument to defend a guy playing as badly as Reddish is.

crabbe, turner and parsons are all gone by the end of year if not by february. and they are not far from being out of the nba as well. so perhaps it is still a good idea for rebuilding teams like atlanta to give more minutes to their rookies regardless of how bad they are currently.
The_Hater

Post#495 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:58 am

baldur wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
baldur wrote:huerter is injured and other wing players, evan turner, chandler parsons and allen crabbe are all awful players already.

6We don’t have anyone better just isn’t a good argument to defend a guy playing as badly as Reddish is.

crabbe, turner and parsons are all gone by the end of year if not by february. and they are not far from being out of the nba as well. so perhaps it is still a good idea for rebuilding teams like atlanta to give more minutes to their rookies regardless of how bad they are currently.

I didn’t say they were good players, but please look at Rediish’s statism he’s the worst offensive player in the entire league right now and that’s not even up for debate.

If the argument is that the Hawks want to play Him because he’s a prospect, that’s fine, but your post appears to claim that he’s playing because he’s better than the alternatives on the bench when he’s not. And he’s been so god awful I’m not sure the PT is helping his development base on the results.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
crows2
Senior
And1: 553

Post#496 » by crows2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:37 am

The worst-performed college lottery pick of the past decade is now the worst-performed NBA rookie. What a surprise. Anyone expecting him to suddenly become a good basketball player was deluded.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,869

Post#497 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:11 pm

The_Hater wrote:
baldur wrote:

We don’t have anyone better just isn’t a good argument to defend a guy playing as badly as Reddish is.

Track Record or not....Reddish is playing because:
Huerter is out injured again (shoulder), he started the season off the bench because of knee pain.
Evan Turner was out injured with achilles, his 1st game back was against LAC, still on minutes restriction.
Crabbe was out rehabbing, this is his 3rd game back of the season, and is still on minutes restriction.
Parsons was out rehabbing, this was his 1st game back of the season.
Vince Carter, out for personal reasons since the 5 game road trip began.

Just saying!
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#498 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:24 pm

crows2 wrote:The worst-performed college lottery pick of the past decade is now the worst-performed NBA rookie. What a surprise. Anyone expecting him to suddenly become a good basketball player was deluded.
dont waste your time the avg hawks poster is irrational to the point of calling everyone else irrational .
they git their entertaining little guard who wont ever lead them out of the East without at minimum someone better than an elite 2 way college role player they just traded up for as their 2bd option scorer
Collins is a fraud ( he was the only hawk i liked...go figure) he wont have that sane pop to his game now that we know where it cane from.
Reddish is 2 years away from 2 years away and thats just mentally who knows how bad his body really is.
i could go on and on but its a waste of time to try to convince a room full of dreamers its time to wake up
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,244

Post#499 » by UcanUwill » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:28 pm

We had a phase of drafting Euro scrub bench warmers with lotterry picks, but these GMS went one step forward and now are taking terrible college players with lottery picks too. Like does anyone shocked this kid cant play whatsoever, those on potential picks are the worsts.
The_Hater

Post#500 » by The_Hater » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:58 pm

UcanUwill wrote:We had a phase of drafting Euro scrub bench warmers with lotterry picks, but these GMS went one step forward and now are taking terrible college players with lottery picks too. Like does anyone shocked this kid cant play whatsoever, those on potential picks are the worsts.

There are more that a few people shocked, check the draft day steals thread.

At the same time, there were also plenty of people who couldn’t see what amounted to a bad college player suddenly making the leap into good NBA player. I personally didn’t think he was worth more than a 2nd round pick.

This situation reminds me of the Harrison twins only unlike them, Reddish didn’t stay around college long enough to completely tank his draft ranking. But they were also top 5 recruits, went to a big program and suddenly couldn’t make shots efficiently. And they never did.
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to NBA Draft