Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,424

Re: Welcome Ty Jerome! 

Post#121 » by Revived » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:20 am

ATTL wrote:
darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Weeks away? Did we ever find out what grade of sprain it was?

Might have been an amputation.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#122 » by cberry78 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:46 am

Revived wrote:
ATTL wrote:
darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

https://www.cvmc.org/blog/rehabilitation-therapy/how-come-back-stronger-and-faster-after-ankle-sprain

Grades of ankle sprain:

Grade 1 sprains are light sprains that usually allow return to sport in 2-3 weeks.
Grade 2 ankle sprains involve greater injury to the ligament and can take up 4-6 weeks to allow full return to sport.
Grade 3 injuries are more severe in nature and often involve full tearing of the ligament and possible bone fracture. The length of time to recover from grade 3 ankle sprains could be 3 months or more.

At this point it has to be a Grade 3, so probably another month or so until he's ready.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#123 » by suns12345 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 pm

cberry78 wrote:
Revived wrote:
ATTL wrote:

https://www.cvmc.org/blog/rehabilitation-therapy/how-come-back-stronger-and-faster-after-ankle-sprain

Grades of ankle sprain:

Grade 1 sprains are light sprains that usually allow return to sport in 2-3 weeks.
Grade 2 ankle sprains involve greater injury to the ligament and can take up 4-6 weeks to allow full return to sport.
Grade 3 injuries are more severe in nature and often involve full tearing of the ligament and possible bone fracture. The length of time to recover from grade 3 ankle sprains could be 3 months or more.

At this point it has to be a Grade 3, so probably another month or so until he's ready.

Not claiming to be an expert...

Grade 3 is probably surgery, so not that. It’s only been a month, and he’s walking around and doing shooting etc. So I’d say he’s on that 4-6 week timeline. Hopefully coming back in the next couple of weeks
cberry78
Bench Warmer

Post#124 » by cberry78 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:40 pm

suns12345 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
Revived wrote:Might have been an amputation.

Grades of ankle sprain:

Grade 3 is probably surgery, so not that. It’s only been a month, and he’s walking around and doing shooting etc. So I’d say he’s on that 4-6 week timeline. Hopefully coming back in the next couple of weeks

Oh I agree, I'm no expert either, and I hope it's sooner rather than later. But aren't we already 2 months into his ankle injury with another month or so to go according to Monty? Or is my timeline out of whack?
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#125 » by Barkley6 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 pm

suns12345 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:

Grades of ankle sprain:

So surprisingly, in my experience even Grade 3 sprain's dont always require surgery. I coach high school soccer and had a kid get a grade 3 sprain and she was on crutches for a while and an air cast even longer, but she never had surgery and was good to play the next season.
Revived
RealGM

Post#126 » by Revived » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:11 pm

suns12345 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:

Grades of ankle sprain:

I doubt he comes back in 2019.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#127 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Read on Twitter

This is a good sign. I assume they will get him in a couple games up there at some point before he rejoins the suns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#128 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:43 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is a good sign. I assume they will get him in a couple games up there at some point before he rejoins the suns.

It means injury-wise he is in playing condition. Now he just needs to get his cardio in shape.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#129 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:18 pm

Read on Twitter

I'm a little surprised they won't have him play more than 1 game before returning to the suns.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#130 » by ATTL » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Well this is the first good news we've had in awhile.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#131 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Damn that's pretty big news. I really thought he was still weeks away as reported and based on what Monty was saying about how they planned to get him playing 3 on 3 and 5 on 5 in practice first.

Let's see when he'll actually make his NBA debut
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
suns12345
Starter

Post#132 » by suns12345 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm a little surprised they won't have him play more than 1 game before returning to the suns.

Is this guy a good source?

even if he is, re joining the team on Wednesday doesn't necessarily mean he is suiting up. maybe he will go back for another NAZ game and then suit up.

Anyway, hopefully he is back soon and then back up to speed soon too so he plays to his ability. always hard post injury
cberry78
Bench Warmer

Post#133 » by cberry78 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 pm

suns12345 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

even if he is, re joining the team on Wednesday doesn't necessarily mean he is suiting up. maybe he will go back for another NAZ game and then suit up.

Anyway, hopefully he is back soon and then back up to speed soon too so he plays to his ability. always hard post injury

Well it makes sense that it's only for 1 game. NAZ goes on the road for it's next 2 and doesn't play again at home until Dec 3rd. The Suns play 3 games during that time that Jerome can travel and practice with the team.
Revived
RealGM

Post#134 » by Revived » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:16 am

Really excited about this news. Jerome can be a difference maker for that 2nd unit.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Post#135 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:24 am

suns12345 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes, he's a good source and one of the better pod/writer guys. He is now covering us for Forbes.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#136 » by Fo-Real » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:49 am

Jared Harper is down there tearing it up and Lecque's shooting form looks to be improving.
suns12345
Starter

Post#137 » by suns12345 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:23 am

Ty looking a bit rusty with his shooting, but just peeled off three FG's in a row
Revived
RealGM

Post#138 » by Revived » Mon Dec 9, 2019 5:18 am

He looks overwhelmed athletically. I’m hoping it’s just rust from coming back from injury but this was a knock on him in college as well.

Really hope he can provide some stability at backup PG spot.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#139 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 9, 2019 6:12 am

Definitely overwhelmed athletically but unlike Nash, he doesn't have the ball handling wizardry to negate those disadvantages and take advantage of his IQ.

Love his passing, vision and basketball IQ he's shown but it's hard to be a needle mover if he isn't able to move defenses with his ball handling
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Post#140 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:59 am

I have really high hopes for Ty Jerome. If he gets it going him and Cam will be able to light it up off the bench. Both their shots are so pure.

Return to Phoenix Suns