ImageImageImage

Hassan Whiteside appreciation thread

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

LordRiley
Sixth Man
And1: 6,515

Re: Hassan Whiteside appreciation thread 

Post#61 » by LordRiley » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:42 pm

Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:
Rafly wrote:Strange that you interrupt your busy life to show up for Hassan stuff. But do you or do Hassan. All good.

Why does it matter to you, which thread i decide to post in? Seems like you have too much time on your hands, to know when i show up, and what threads i decide to post in. Get a life kid. :lol:

Lol ok Hassan fanboy. Doesn’t matter to me. It’s just strange. Have some sort of fetish or something? Literally all it take is a couple of clicks to see a persons recent posts and your Heat ones are all about your guy. I just don’t have it in me to put another grown man on a pedestal. But like I said do you.

And yes fortunately, I have enough time on my hands to do as I please. In Colombia right now, will be in Brazil for the copa America final on Sunday and I’ll be back in Miami next week. I think I’m doing alright for a 29 year old kid who spends too much time on realgm apparently.

You don’t think it’s strange you know exactly when someone posts, and who they post about? Again, you have too much time on your hands to worry about what i choose to post about. Also, no one cares where you are but you.
Rafly
Starter
And1: 10,501

Post#62 » by Rafly » Thu Jul 4, 2019 7:57 pm

LordRiley wrote:
Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:Why does it matter to you, which thread i decide to post in? Seems like you have too much time on your hands, to know when i show up, and what threads i decide to post in. Get a life kid. :lol:

Lol ok Hassan fanboy. Doesn’t matter to me. It’s just strange. Have some sort of fetish or something? Literally all it take is a couple of clicks to see a persons recent posts and your Heat ones are all about your guy. I just don’t have it in me to put another grown man on a pedestal. But like I said do you.

And yes fortunately, I have enough time on my hands to do as I please. In Colombia right now, will be in Brazil for the copa America final on Sunday and I’ll be back in Miami next week. I think I’m doing alright for a 29 year old kid who spends too much time on realgm apparently.

You don’t think it’s strange you know exactly when someone posts, and who they post about? Again, you have too much time on your hands to worry about what i choose to post about. Also, no one cares where you are but you.

Nah. Like I said it’s two clicks away. Some reading comprehension classes will do you some good. Make some time for that education is important. Good luck I’m done here.
LordRiley
Sixth Man
And1: 6,515

Post#63 » by LordRiley » Thu Jul 4, 2019 8:11 pm

Rafly wrote:
LordRiley wrote:
Rafly wrote:Lol ok Hassan fanboy. Doesn’t matter to me. It’s just strange. Have some sort of fetish or something? Literally all it take is a couple of clicks to see a persons recent posts and your Heat ones are all about your guy. I just don’t have it in me to put another grown man on a pedestal. But like I said do you.

Nah. Like I said it’s two clicks away. Some reading comprehension classes will do you some good. Make some time for that education is important. Good luck I’m done here.

Ok. :lol:
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#64 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Thu Jul 4, 2019 11:26 pm

Donald Trump is an idiot.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#65 » by Maroko » Fri Jul 5, 2019 12:02 am

What did i just read ? A guy complaining about the heat trading Hassan Whiteside but he has the guy who made it happen as his avy and as his nickname... does it make any sense ?

Read on Twitter
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#66 » by KingDavid » Fri Jul 5, 2019 3:55 pm

Should be excellent for pdx. Wish it could have worked out here, but Spo's infatuation with small ball is obnoxious most of the time.

We're gonna be hurting for rebounds. I think Bam is a 4, not a 5.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
Sgt P
Sixth Man
And1: 2,551

Post#67 » by Sgt P » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Congrats HW. Glad we do not have to watch you anymore. Grow tf up.

Added
Lillard on playing with Whiteside:
Bigs are people that need to be patted on the back and kicked in the ass sometimes.
" Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." said C.P.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#68 » by Maroko » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:40 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:In the minority here but...

Led our team in PER every year that he was here.

In this past supposed failure of a season, you won't find another player in the entire HISTORY of the league who averaged his pts rebs blks in his allotted minutes.

Our Defense became top 5 the second he got here and every year since.

His worst season average will likely top Bam's best future season avg

But hey apparently he Sucked because he didn't sing "zippity do da" out of his rear end because he didn't enjoy having his career unfairly tanked.

The vile the man gets here does not line up with his production. The second the new toy was drafted, appreciation was lost forever.

LordRiley wrote:THat’s Heat fans for ya. Going to be funny when Heat are at the bottom of the league in rebounds and points in the paint. Mark my words, Heat will regret this.

Sinobas wrote:Why are so many of you glad to see him gone? This trade seems like a steal for the Blazers.

TroubleS0me wrote:Our best center since Shaq?
gonna miss him, he really helped us when it came to rebounds & defense for this team, we struggled with that b4 him. Should have been in all star a few yrs back.

DefenseWins wrote:This might very well be great for the Blazers. Hassan never really blossomed like he could have because of the offense we would try to run. I'm sure Hassan is happy now that he might actually get to play. He will get some nice looks with Lillard there too.

KingDavid wrote:Should be excellent for pdx. Wish it could have worked out here, but Spo's infatuation with small ball is obnoxious most of the time.

We're gonna be hurting for rebounds. I think Bam is a 4, not a 5.

somerandomdude wrote:I'm happy for him. He was getting screwed by Spo badly. Now, Portland gets a motivated Hassan on a contract year and he's gonna just how much Spo was holding him back.

JustiseForMiami wrote:i have no doubt hassan will have a great year. He will be very effective.

It is passed this year after he gets paid again that i'd be wary of

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#69 » by KingDavid » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 am

Whew r/ripcity sounds like how we used to. Very polarizing, his stats are fine but on court it looks like nothing is done and hella lazy. They're not too worried because they have nurkic ready to take his place once he's healthy.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,635

Post#70 » by DayofMourning » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:55 am

It's not all about volume stats, unless you're trying to up your 2K rating.
Rock Hardy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,868

Post#71 » by Rock Hardy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:45 am

KingDavid wrote:Whew r/ripcity sounds like how we used to. Very polarizing, his stats are fine but on court it looks like nothing is done and hella lazy. They're not too worried because they have nurkic ready to take his place once he's healthy.

Yup. You have one group saying that he's not the reason that they're losing, and that he's contributing because he shows random bursts of effort, and his stats look fine. Then you have the other group pointing out all the non-boxscore things that are contributing to the losses, like not rotating out to the perimeter to defend the 3, leading to the opposing team suddenly becoming Splash Bros Redux, and his phantom screens that manage to make the guards look worse (Goran sends Dame his condolences), and his sloppy post game rife with turnovers, and his general lethargy out there. None of that shows up in the box scores, but they're visible aggravations that wear on you mentally over time. Now Stotts is getting heat from some of those fans who can't explain why everyone on the team looks poorly managed, or inconsistent.

That's the Hassan Whiteside Experience, and they haven't even entered the phase of disgruntlement, when his minutes get slashed (he's already getting taken off the floor late in games) because he's a liability, no matter what the counting stats say. He's a classic example of a player trying to game the system. Focus on the counting stats, and do just enough in just enough moments to trick a GM into giving you money. Then mail it in every chance you get after that. When Pat retires, I can't wait to see the excerpt from his memoirs mentioning the rough patch in his marriage, or his slide into depression and substance abuse that coincided with the period of giving Hassan, Dion, and JJ those contracts, because he's not someone who should be easy to fool.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#72 » by BBallFreak » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:03 pm

I appreciate what trading him has meant to the team. Jimmy Butler and Meyers Leonard have been perfect fits here, and Bam's opportunity to be the full time starter has been a revelation. I appreciate Hassan. Appreciate that he's gone...

Return to Miami Heat