Looks like Frank Vogel is doing interesting things in LA

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,234

Looks like Frank Vogel is doing interesting things in LA 

Post#1 » by boomershadow » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Now, I admit to being a big Frank Vogel fan, so I'll get that out of the way. I was surprised when the Lakers picked him to be their coach, and I've been paying some attention to them when normally I wouldn't want anything to do with the Lakers.

They're currently 12-2, sitting in the number one spot in the Western Conference. They're playing pretty impressive defense. Team chemistry looks much better than they had last year. Dwight Howard is buying into his role. They're getting contributions from guys like Alex Caruso whose name I had to Google. Bron looks more engaged and energized than most people probably expected to see at this point in the season.

A lot of people in the media ripped on Frank as being a second, third, or fourth choice for the job after tnn e Lue and Williams rumors, but that team looks a lot more interesting than the public/media perception of them going into the season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

Re: Looks like Frank Vogel is doing interesting things in LA 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Frank was always best at team defense and chemistry. Offense was always his trouble, but when you’ve got two guys that you can truly just toss the ball to and let them make plays in Lebron and Davis, he’ll do fine.

So long as he isn’t usurped by a Jason Kidd from behind him on the bench, he’ll do great there.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#3 » by Pacersike » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 am

Good for him, he'll always have a special place in our hearts.

I also think the players on the Lakers complement his qualities very well.

Frank a ring before we do, good possibility :D
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#4 » by Grang33r » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Always been a fan of Vogel's, so i wasn't too surprised he killed his interview with the Lakers and got the job. Of course i didn't think they would be this good this quick, but it sure helps having James and Davis on his side while he gets his defense and everyone else on board.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r

Return to Indiana Pacers