ImageImageImage

Dario Saric news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,633

Re: Welcome Dario Saric! 

Post#61 » by Saberestar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:12 pm

$60M / 4 years for Saric.... yeah or nah?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#62 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Saberestar wrote:$60M / 4 years for Saric.... yeah or nah?
Ask me in about 65 games :)

But yeah if he plays like he has the past couple weeks I'd absolutely be interested in bringing him back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#63 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:10 am

Certainly not going to decide after 11 games.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#64 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:42 pm

If Saric shoots around 40% from 3 and continues to grade out as a plus defender to go along with his good bbiq and character I'd say let's not overthink things and keep him because that's basically the profile you want next to Ayton. Plus hes only 25 so you'll be getting his prime years and a RFA so they have matching rights and that scares some offers away.

The defensive thing is interesting because he's grading out better than ever. Some could be small sample size and the flaw in advanced stats where because the team is defending pretty well he gets a boost. But maybe he just got better, that does happen with young guys and maybe this is a defensive system that fits him. Will be an interesting thing to monitor as the sample size grows.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#65 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:10 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:If Saric shoots around 40% from 3 and continues to grade out as a plus defender to go along with his good bbiq and character I'd say let's not overthink things and keep him because that's basically the profile you want next to Ayton. Plus hes only 25 so you'll be getting his prime years and a RFA so they have matching rights and that scares some offers away.

The defensive thing is interesting because he's grading out better than ever. Some could be small sample size and the flaw in advanced stats where because the team is defending pretty well he gets a boost. But maybe he just got better, that does happen with young guys and maybe this is a defensive system that fits him. Will be an interesting thing to monitor as the sample size grows.

With his improved defense I think he is close to a perfect fit next to Ayton.

He is part of our core, a young veteran who plays smart basketball and is skilled. He is not athletic but he is big and plays hard.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#66 » by Dual » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 pm

If only he could dunk a little more :D
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#67 » by suns12345 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:47 am

His ball handling and playmaking are useful too. Always good to have an extra guy out there who can make a play late in the shot clock or grab and go off a rebound. Especially when Ayton’s back and how limited he can look putting the ball on the floor and making plays.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#68 » by jcsunsfan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Saberestar wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:If Saric shoots around 40% from 3 and continues to grade out as a plus defender to go along with his good bbiq and character I'd say let's not overthink things and keep him because that's basically the profile you want next to Ayton. Plus hes only 25 so you'll be getting his prime years and a RFA so they have matching rights and that scares some offers away.

With his improved defense I think he is close to a perfect fit next to Ayton.

He is part of our core, a young veteran who plays smart basketball and is skilled. He is not athletic but he is big and plays hard.
The perfect fit next to Ayton would be KAT or AD. But Daric is a good fit.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#69 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:18 pm

He does fit Ayton pretty well. I remember saying that Kaminsky was what we expected/hoped Bender would be but honestly, Saric is probably a closer comp. Solid passing, 3pt shooting, smart defense and just high IQ. And Bender was theoretically a perfect fit next to Ayton.

I'm still not all the way there yet in terms of keeping Saric long term but I'm slowly getting there.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#70 » by RiRuHoops » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:11 pm

Growing tired of his inconsistent but mostly sucky self. Any chance to flip him for Jae Crowder from Memphis ?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,380

Post#71 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:55 pm

With what he's shown us so far, And with regards to his glaring inconsistencies, No. Personally, unless we see drastic improvements in his production and consistency, I wouldn't pay him anything over 7-8 million per. And that'd be a fairly generous increase over his 3.48 million base salary. Again with respect to his current production and consistency issues. Of course we did tender the qualifying offer, So we must like him enough to match his market value within reason. But personally, I'd cap him at 10 million, No higher. If he gets over that in free agency, let him walk honestly.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#72 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

With what he's shown us so far, And with regards to his glaring inconsistencies, No. Personally, unless we see drastic improvements in his production and consistency, I wouldn't pay him anything over 7-8 million per. And that'd be a fairly generous increase over his 3.48 million base salary. Again with respect to his current production and consistency issues. Of course we did tender the qualifying offer, So we must like him enough to match his market value within reason. But personally, I'd cap him at 10 million, No higher. If he gets over that in free agency, let him walk honestly.

Yeah, he has played really bad in the last three games (but it is true that he has had some knee problems in two of them). If his bad play continues he will not get that type of contract next year.

Hopefully he improves... good opportunity today against his former team.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#73 » by Crives » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Yeah, he has played really bad in the last three games (but it is true that he has had some knee problems in two of them). If his bad play continues he will not get that type of contract next year.

I have a feeling Sarics strengths/weaknesses will look much better when playing alongside Ayton.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#74 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 pm

Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

I have a feeling Sarics strengths/weaknesses will look much better when playing alongside Ayton.

I've also heard multiple times (and I think even he said) he always for some reason gets off to slow starts at the beginning of seasons.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#75 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Definitely agree man. Although I do like his versatility and hope that he regains his rythym for us.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#76 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

I hope for this too man, as Jones's entire offensive scheme is predicated upon having a dominant post player to create gravity and open shots for our perimeter oriented bigs.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#77 » by Revived » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:29 pm

God no. Half that, $30M over 4 years is much more appropriate.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#78 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Crives wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Yeah, he has played really bad in the last three games (but it is true that he has had some knee problems in two of them). If his bad play continues he will not get that type of contract next year.

I've also heard multiple times (and I think even he said) he always for some reason gets off to slow starts at the beginning of seasons.

Hopefully he starts clicking at exactly the right time coinciding with Aytons' return to give us a big surge. And I really do want him to play well, as when our offense is on, it's amazing to watch. But hope not too good, Wherein he gets priced out of a reasonable resigning amount in the free agency market.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#79 » by Saberestar » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#80 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter
His teammates in Philly loved 'the homie' too.

He's played well of late too.

Return to Phoenix Suns