2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Countdown
Ballboy
And1: 5

Re: 2019-2020 Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#21 » by Countdown » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:34 am

nzahir wrote:
Countdown wrote:The Lakers roster is pretty fine right now. I don't see the need for a trade at all.

Getting Iggy would be off waivers.

You clearly don't see the offensive challenges we have then

Kuzma has really been pathetic. I will give him 10-15 games to see what I really think though

I never loved his fit anyways, but if he can't even shoot it and keeps making dumb plays...get him out

If we had a knockdown shooter rn in his spot, we would be murdering teams

Kuzma is getting paid next to nothing over the next two years - he’s not going anywhere unless a bonafide all star is involved.

And we ARE murdering teams. By playing D. Over the last 7 game winning streak they’ve played against 5 teams with winning records and have beaten them on average by at least 10 points.

The offense will come.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#22 » by nzahir » Sat Nov 9, 2019 7:43 am

Countdown wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Countdown wrote:The Lakers roster is pretty fine right now. I don't see the need for a trade at all.

Getting Iggy would be off waivers.

You clearly don't see the offensive challenges we have then

Kuzma has really been pathetic. I will give him 10-15 games to see what I really think though

I never loved his fit anyways, but if he can't even shoot it and keeps making dumb plays...get him out

Kuzma is getting paid next to nothing over the next two years - he’s not going anywhere unless a bonafide all star is involved.

And we ARE murdering teams. By playing D. Over the last 7 game winning streak they’ve played against 5 teams with winning records and have beaten them on average by at least 10 points.

The offense will come.

Nobody is trading a bonafide star for a guy who shoots 3s currently worse than u and me

On top of the salaries

A real backup pg or another ball handler who can shoot it is enough

Bogdan from the kings would be nice, but he will need to get paid soon and it looks like we are also saving cap for 2021
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#23 » by ROballer » Sat Nov 9, 2019 9:11 am

thomas1897 wrote:Can the Lakers add another scorer like JJ Redick? His ability to hit the outside shot would benefit the Lakers. It can only help this team as the season progresses and if any injuries occur.

Yep, there are articles all over the place the last three days who say KCP+Horton Tucker for Redick is a discussed proposal.
Of course, we'd need to wait until December and convince KCP to agree to waive his NTC.

But I'd be all over that if we can do it. We get a knockdown shooter and free up a roster spot to sign Iguodala when he gets his buyout.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#24 » by zuju » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:47 pm

ROballer wrote:
thomas1897 wrote:Can the Lakers add another scorer like JJ Redick? His ability to hit the outside shot would benefit the Lakers. It can only help this team as the season progresses and if any injuries occur.

Yep, there are articles all over the place the last three days who say KCP+Horton Tucker for Redick is a discussed proposal.
Of course, we'd need to wait until December and convince KCP to agree to waive his NTC.

But I'd be all over that if we can do it. We get a knockdown shooter and free up a roster spot to sign Iguodala when he gets his buyout.

I still want to see how THT plays before trading him. Seems very talented.

I have suggested in the offseason to sign one of trey burke or Jabari Parker to add scoring from the bench.

My suggestion to add some scoring sparks off the bench maintains. The question is: Who could be use / sacrefice?

Bradley and Green are so good on the defensive end and provide some 3 point shootings => great great role players

KCP with the no trade clause and no value on the market

One of Cook and Daniels could be dealt I think. We don't have the time to test who's shot falls and who's not every night. The provide some similar function on the team with cook providing more "play making" ability

Howard and Mcgee can't be trade unless another centre comes in. Howard is too good to be traded as well.

Kuz's contract is too valuable given his performance.

The second question is : Who is available on the market ?

DSJ seems to be on an all time low value. But it may take quite some asset to get him.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#25 » by ROballer » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:07 pm

If you can get Redick for those two, you do it everyday.

Kblo can suck his di*k all day long, KCP is utter trash. He's simply a terrible basketball player and spare me the "he starts slow argument". Conveniently, he plays better when we're already done for the season and have nothing to fight for.
Not this year baby, this year we're legit. If you can't play when the stakes are high and the games you play count you shouldn't be on the roster.

We're in win now mode, we don't have the time to wait for THT to be ready to contribute..

A potential Caruso/Redick/Iguodala/Kuzma/Howard bench is scary good. You can plug every single one of those guys with the starters as well.

Countdown
Ballboy

Post#26 » by Countdown » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:57 pm

ROballer wrote:We're in win now mode, we don't have the time to wait for THT to be ready to contribute..

1. Who would trade for an injured rookie who hasn't played a minute of NBA ball yet?

2. The Lakers are 7-1. They ARE winning now.
Countdown
Ballboy

Post#27 » by Countdown » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:59 pm

nzahir wrote:
Countdown wrote:
nzahir wrote:You clearly don't see the offensive challenges we have then

The offense will come.

Nobody is trading a bonafide star for a guy who shoots 3s currently worse than u and me

On top of the salaries

A real backup pg or another ball handler who can shoot it is enough

Bogdan from the kings would be nice, but he will need to get paid soon and it looks like we are also saving cap for 2021

Are you seriously suggesting trading Kuz for a backup PG because "he hasn't been able to hit his 3 in his first three games"?
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#28 » by zuju » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 am

Countdown wrote:
ROballer wrote:We're in win now mode, we don't have the time to wait for THT to be ready to contribute..

1. Who would trade for an injured rookie who hasn't played a minute of NBA ball yet?

2. The Lakers are 7-1. They ARE winning now.

I also seems to be able to do a few things that we need - defend , ball handling and shot creation.
He's thick with ultra long arms and will be able to defend 1-3 making our rotation very versatile.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,463

Post#29 » by dockingsched » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:24 pm

A guy who can’t really shoot, isn’t a great ball handler, and is an average at best but usually a below average defender, who is going to be looking for an extension starting this upcoming summer...I’m not really sure why anyone would think Kuzma has any trade value whatsoever, specially once it’s known the Lakers are trying to move on from him.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#30 » by Danny Darko » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:50 pm

not considering trading THT who already looks legit in his rehab stint. Teams with our cap and build need to develop young talent like the spurs have to KEEP winning.

Also let's worry about Kuz and where he's at closer to trade deadline, but he's probably just ditching "lethal to your career shooter" away from being solid from 3 again and he is playing better D this year.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#31 » by ROballer » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Come December 15th, 3 team trade:

Lakers trade: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Rajon Rondo, 2nd round pick
Lakers receive: Chris Paul

Thunder trade: Chris Paul, Abdel Nader, Andre Roberson, Paul George 10 mil trade exception
Thunder receive: Andre Iguodala, Kyle Anderson, Rajon Rondo, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 2nd round pick from Lakers

Grizzlies trade: Kyle Anderson, Andre Iguodala
Grizzlies receive: Andre Roberson, Abdel Nader, Paul George 10 mil trade exception

Why for the Lakers?

It's obvious. Chris Paul is old and washed up, yes, but it's a massive upgrade at the PG position nontheless. Absolute perfect 3rd option at this stage in his career. Albatross contract doesn't count a lick with Lebron and Davis signed for multi-year deals, we're not going to have cap-space for years to come regardless if Paul is on the payroll or not.

Why for the Thunder?

They get rid of Paul's contract which almost everyone doesn't want and get a single player with a multi-year deal(Kyle Anderson, 9 mil per) and a bunch of expirings, plus a pick. There really isn't much more than they can get for that massive cap hit Paul will have for that team.

Why for the Grizzlies?

They don't have any plans for Iguodala but they're expecting something in return. Getting rid of Anderson's 3 year contract is more than enough(injury prone and doesn't really fit with their new roster, he's already a 20 min bench guy).

Thunder go into full rebuilding and buyout Iguodala, who signs with us obviously.

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#32 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:25 pm

ROballer wrote:Come December 15th, 3 team trade:

Thunder trade: Chris Paul, Abdel Nader, Andre Roberson, Paul George 10 mil trade exception
Thunder receive: Andre Iguodala, Kyle Anderson, Rajon Rondo, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 2nd round pick from Lakers

Grizzlies receive: Andre Roberson, Abdel Nader, Paul George 10 mil trade exception

Why for the Lakers?

It's obvious. Chris Paul is old and washed up, yes, but it's a massive upgrade at the PG position nontheless. Absolute perfect 3rd option at this stage in his career. Albatross contract doesn't count a lick with Lebron and Davis signed for multi-year deals, we're not going to have cap-space for years to come regardless if Paul is on the payroll or not.

Why for the Thunder?

They get rid of Paul's contract which almost everyone doesn't want and get a single player with a multi-year deal(Kyle Anderson, 9 mil per) and a bunch of expirings, plus a pick. There really isn't much more than they can get for that massive cap hit Paul will have for that team.

Why for the Grizzlies?

They don't have any plans for Iguodala but they're expecting something in return. Getting rid of Anderson's 3 year contract is more than enough(injury prone and doesn't really fit with their new roster, he's already a 20 min bench guy).

Thunder go into full rebuilding and buyout Iguodala, who signs with us obviously.

Lakers give 10m in contracts
Lakers get 40m in contracts

That's not even close to being allowed
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#33 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:14 pm

ROballer wrote:Come December 15th, 3 team trade:

Why for the Lakers?

Why for the Thunder?

Why for the Grizzlies?

Lol you still pushing KCP on a trade. When you gonna learn he basically has a no trade clause.
Forum permissions