Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Kudos, front office! Thanks, Rob! 

Post#42 » by Slava » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Dr Aki wrote:now that the team is in a groove

we've heard absolutely nothing about kurt rambis

or Linda Rambis either. It could be a case of Jeannie/Rob/LeBron taking steps to reduce the noise behind closed doors or the media just not caring to poke holes when the performance on the court is good.

Vogel going out of his way to indicate the work done by a nascent analytics department has been quite welcomed as well.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,330

Post#43 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Slava wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:now that the team is in a groove

we've heard absolutely nothing about kurt rambis

or Linda Rambis either. It could be a case of Jeannie/Rob/LeBron taking steps to reduce the noise behind closed doors or the media just not caring to poke holes when the performance on the court is good.

Vogel going out of his way to indicate the work done by a nascent analytics department has been quite welcomed as well.

we've also barely heard a peep about kidd, hollins and simon as well. it's all about vogel
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,760

Post#44 » by evilpimp972 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Vogel is back to his Indiana days. Finally releasing the potential of DPOY Anthony Davis in 1 month (something Gentry couldnt do in 3 years)
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#45 » by lakerz12 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:58 pm

The whole "terrible front office/joke of a franchise" stuff was just typical anti-Laker noise.

You can't build a great roster overnight. It was never as bad as it was reported to be.

Obviously the Lakers were fortunate to land LeBron in free agency, and that has to do with the Laker location and legacy.

If they didn't get LeBron they would have probably never gotten AD.

But I always felt Rob was capable of making smart moves.

And I'm very happy with Vogel. It's great to see LeBron, AD, Howard, McGee, etc. all buying into his philosophy and putting their egos second.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#46 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Yes....and one of the things I like, is that it would be easy for Rob, Jeanie, or one of the Rambi to come out in an article making a victory speech. But none of that. People threw shade a Jeanie for not being more public/vocal during the chaos....but here she is being pretty quiet during a rosy period.

A) unlike ballz and his crap franchise.....the Lakers have been there/done that a bunch. They know how to act.
B) 14-2 is nice....but until there's hardware...we're nowhere.
C) I don't think this group is into the accolades and noise.

The road wasn't smooth, and some mistakes were totally made. Welcome to the world. Nobody's perfect. But we've built a solid - legit team, if nothing else....and have quite a strong coaching staff.......and sh&& got awfully quiet from some folks.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#47 » by bb22 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:22 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:Yes....and one of the things I like, is that it would be easy for Rob, Jeanie, or one of the Rambi to come out in an article making a victory speech. But none of that. People threw shade a Jeanie for not being more public/vocal during the chaos....but here she is being pretty quiet during a rosy period.

A) unlike ballz and his crap franchise.....the Lakers have been there/done that a bunch. They know how to act.
B) 14-2 is nice....but until there's hardware...we're nowhere.
C) I don't think this group is into the accolades and noise.

The road wasn't smooth, and some mistakes were totally made. Welcome to the world. Nobody's perfect. But we've built a solid - legit team, if nothing else....and have quite a strong coaching staff.......and sh&& got awfully quiet from some folks.

Everyone in the front office is in the background, where they should be. I think Magic leaving was a noble move, even though it seemed untimely and surprising to most in the organization. Now the focus is back on the stars, where it should be.

The new coaching staff deserves a lot of credit, too. Clearly much more experienced and respected by the players. I loved that they signed Phil Handy. Players love him and he's been on the bench for the past 5 finals.
Rakkasan
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#48 » by Rakkasan » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:41 am

The front office got played by Kawhi, and now they have a roster full of below average role players. How good are the Lakers going to be when the rest of the league stop chasing pu**y and starts focusing on their playoff runs, and the Lakers have almost nothing left because their two stars are already having to play playoff minutes to beat the Bulls, Grizzlies, and other scrub teams? Not to mention besides their two stars they don't have one player that can guarantee them 10pts a game. If they don't make a trade they might not get out the first round.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#49 » by nzahir » Mon Dec 2, 2019 2:02 am

Rakkasan wrote:The front office got played by Kawhi, and now they have a roster full of below average role players. How good are the Lakers going to be when the rest of the league stop chasing pu**y and starts focusing on their playoff runs, and the Lakers have almost nothing left because their two stars are already having to play playoff minutes to beat the Bulls, Grizzlies, and other scrub teams? Not to mention besides their two stars they don't have one player that can guarantee them 10pts a game. If they don't make a trade they might not get out the first round.

I think even with the team as is, they should win a rd, MAYBE 2

But not going to the finals with this team

Kawhi thing screwed them and Kuzma hasn't lived up

But even after the Kawhi stuff, some good and bad moves by Pelinka imo

Good:
Avery for room exception
Dwight for min
Caruso for about 2.5M
Green for 15M is an overpay but necessary
Boogie for 3.5M, just got unlucky

Bad:
KCP 8M
Cook 3M
Rondo vet min
Not signing some type of athletic 3/4 defender

Ok:
Mcgee 4M
Dudley and Daniels (has been bad though) for min

Could have had Marcus Morris I believe for 2 years 25M (PO). Mcgee takes 3.25M, Danny Green takes a .75M paycut this yr

Avery, Green, Lebron, AD, Mcgee
Rondo, Caruso, Kuzma, Morris, Dwight

In this world I would have moved Kuzma for a backup guard who can shoot it
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#50 » by Landsberger » Mon Dec 2, 2019 2:51 am

What guard above the G League do you get for 1.9M? That's the issue with Kuzma. I think he'll come around but he's not really tradable unless we're giving up 1 or 2 others if we hope to get anything in return.

I'd trade Cousins contract and Cook or Caruso for that guard we need.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#51 » by nzahir » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:54 am

Landsberger wrote:What guard above the G League do you get for 1.9M? That's the issue with Kuzma. I think he'll come around but he's not really tradable unless we're giving up 1 or 2 others if we hope to get anything in return.

I'd trade Cousins contract and Cook or Caruso for that guard we need.

You package with other contracts

But derrick white is one example.

Bogdan for Kuzma, Boogie, and Cook works. Perfect 6th man who can possibly close games for us depending on matchup. He can handle the ball more and he should work with lebron and ad or with just 1 of them since he can shoot it and handle.

Also he reduces need to play rondo.
Rakkasan
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#52 » by Rakkasan » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:00 am

What has Rob done? The Lakers are exactly what everyone said they'd be, a two man team with very little dept,no third option, and no more than a second round team. I don't see them winning a seven game series in the west with a Cavaliers 2.0 roster, unless they are the first or second seed, which might not happen once they start playing good teams. At least with Kyrie you had a premiere scorer and playmaker, with AD you have a second option that needs someone to get him the ball, and he can't create for others.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#53 » by stan francisco » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:52 am

It’ll be fun to re-read this thread after we win it all this season.

Two small moves for Iggy and FVV would makes us the team to beat. And if Cousins gets healthy...
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,957

Post#54 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:39 am

How in the f*ck are we gonna get Fred Van Vleet?
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#55 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:54 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:How in the f*ck are we gonna get Fred Van Vleet?

Stan's been super high on us getting FVV. I just don't think there's a chance in hell we're gonna pawn off KCP, Cook, and some far-distant pick for the guy. Toronto could prob get 2 top-15 picks easily for the guy.

Personally I don't think we'd come close even offering Kuzma for him. I wouldn't make that trade if I were Toronto.

I think Stan's spot on with how cool it would be to get him. We just don't have anything of worth to them. We might be able to get Lowry, as I would keep FVV and Siakem and go with the young guys. Lowry is much more realistic IMO. But even then....you'd think they'd get something better than our collection of spare-parts not named Lebron and AD.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers