Kings General Discussion 2019-2020

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Kings General Discussion 2019-2020 

Post#181 » by kalenclayton » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 am

Read on Twitter

This one hurts. I’m a little surprised that James Ham was saying it’s a grade 3 sprain. That usually requires surgery. Hopefully he comes out of this quickly, but we don’t want any chronic issues.

Can the team sustain success with Yogi and Joseph at the helm?
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#182 » by SactoKingsFan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:40 am

It's gonna be rough without Fox. I guess it's gonna have to be a mix of Yogi and Joseph for some balance. Bogi will also need to take on more playmaking. Could also use more of Bjelica's passing ability.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#183 » by KF10 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 am

Fox and Bagley are out??

Who is going to step up?

The logical option is Buddy but I have a feeling that we may see more of Barnes carrying the scoring load as well.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#184 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 am

KF10 wrote:Fox and Bagley are out??

Who is going to step up?

The logical option is Buddy but I have a feeling that we may see more of Barnes carrying the scoring load as well.

I think the bigger issue is who will initiate the offense. Buddy and Barnes can score in isolation at a decent clip but they are not playmakers. If we are not going to complete go in the tank over this next month it's going to be a collective effort between Bogdan, Cojo, and Yogi to carry that responsibility.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,971

Post#185 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 pm

SactoKingsFan wrote:It's gonna be rough without Fox. I guess it's gonna have to be a mix of Yogi and Joseph for some balance. Bogi will also need to take on more playmaking. Could also use more of Bjelica's passing ability.

Bogi needs to start at PG, IMO.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,771

Post#186 » by BoogieTime » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:28 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:It's gonna be rough without Fox. I guess it's gonna have to be a mix of Yogi and Joseph for some balance. Bogi will also need to take on more playmaking. Could also use more of Bjelica's passing ability.

That’s what I would do. Don’t think Joseph is good at running any type of offense
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach

Post#187 » by SactoKingsFan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:58 pm

dckingsfan wrote:

Yeah, that's probably the best option. Not sure Luke will go with Bogi as the starter right away.

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#188 » by City of Trees » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:30 am

kalenclayton wrote:
Read on Twitter

This one hurts. I’m a little surprised that James Ham was saying it’s a grade 3 sprain. That usually requires surgery. Hopefully he comes out of this quickly, but we don’t want any chronic issues.

Curious what is done for a grade 3 procedure?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#189 » by kalenclayton » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:26 am

City of Trees wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Read on Twitter

I should’ve said: from what I’ve been told in the past, rest or surgery. I’m not a doctor and do not know exactly what is done in a procedure like that.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach

Post#190 » by SactoKingsFan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:51 am

kalenclayton wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
kalenclayton wrote:
Read on Twitter

I should’ve said: from what I’ve been told in the past, rest or surgery. I’m not a doctor and do not know exactly what is done in a procedure like that.
Usually doesn't require surgery for even grade 3. Wearing a cast or walking boot followed by rehab will typically facilitate the normal stages of healing without surgery.

dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#191 » by dckingsfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Back within two games of sixth place... fascinating.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#192 » by dckingsfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 154

Post#193 » by Lost in LA » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:47 pm

With Phoenix's latest loss, we are close to a playoff slot.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,771

Post#194 » by BoogieTime » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:59 pm

I hate bringing up Luka, but we are now at the point where Vlade needs to be fired on the spot for that draft day decision. Doesn’t matter what becomes of our players going forward. Vlade just needs to be fired for not selecting him as he takes his game to mvp discussion at 20. I really hoped the draft day decision would look better this year

When Vlade is fired, and accountability happens, I then can never mention Luka’s name again
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#195 » by sacking123 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:06 am

BoogieTime wrote:I hate bringing up Luka, but we are now at the point where Vlade needs to be fired on the spot for that draft day decision. Doesn’t matter what becomes of our players going forward. Vlade just needs to be fired for not selecting him as he takes his game to mvp discussion at 20. I really hoped the draft day decision would look better this year

When Vlade is fired, and accountability happens, I then can never mention Luka’s name again

It's hard not to ignore that is for sure.
For what it's worth, it should never have been Vlade's decision, it was crystal clear the Luka was the best player. This isn't hindsight either, he was clearly better than Ayton (who I think I had 3 or even 4 I can't remember). Which means Vlade would have selected Bagley any way.
I don't think you fire him right now, but as I've said a year or two ago, no playoffs by this year and that's it, see you later. Tired of hearing it's going in the right direction and blah, blah, blah.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#196 » by wco81 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:27 am

blind prophet wrote:
wco81 wrote:Meanwhile, Luka had 34 and 9 to lead his team to victory.

Bagley had a good rookie season so it quieted the doubters, because of Fox's improvement in his second year, because Doncic would have taken the ball away from Fox.

But it hasn't completely silenced the questions about choosing Bagley over Doncic.

In fact, Doncic is likely to be an all-star this year, while Fox and Bagley likely won't be. He may even come close to equaling their combined production.

Fox and Bagley may turn out to be good players but Doncic seems headed for multiple all-star berths.

I'd say over 90% of us knew the moment he was drafted it was a mistake.

Board was depressed.

Luka as been blowing up the past couple of weeks, with talk of him already being of the best players in the league. Certainly having one of the greatest season for a 20-year old in history.

Now, Tim MacMahon of ESPN claims one of the reasons Vlade passed on Luka was that he wasn’t impressed by Luka’s father.

Unbelievable.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#197 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 am

BoogieTime wrote:I hate bringing up Luka, but we are now at the point where Vlade needs to be fired on the spot for that draft day decision. Doesn’t matter what becomes of our players going forward. Vlade just needs to be fired for not selecting him as he takes his game to mvp discussion at 20. I really hoped the draft day decision would look better this year

Doesn't matter what becomes of his players? Right now Vlade is looking like he could be in the running for GM of the year depending on how things turn out. Just sayin'.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#198 » by SacKingZZZ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:20 am

wco81 wrote:
blind prophet wrote:
wco81 wrote:Meanwhile, Luka had 34 and 9 to lead his team to victory.

Bagley had a good rookie season so it quieted the doubters, because of Fox's improvement in his second year, because Doncic would have taken the ball away from Fox.

But it hasn't completely silenced the questions about choosing Bagley over Doncic.

In fact, Doncic is likely to be an all-star this year, while Fox and Bagley likely won't be. He may even come close to equaling their combined production.

Fox and Bagley may turn out to be good players but Doncic seems headed for multiple all-star berths.

I'd say over 90% of us knew the moment he was drafted it was a mistake.

Board was depressed.

Luka as been blowing up the past couple of weeks, with talk of him already being of the best players in the league. Certainly having one of the greatest season for a 20-year old in history.

Now, Tim MacMahon of ESPN claims one of the reasons Vlade passed on Luka was that he wasn’t impressed by Luka’s father.

Unbelievable.

I find it hilarious that every time Vlade looks to possibly be turning the corner as a GM somebody throws some dirt on him when he's not sitting alone in whatever boat they're attempting to sink. It's almost as if these "experts" have some type of agenda or a little egg on their face as they slowly watch their easy target slip out of striking distance. It may indeed prove out that Vlade whiffed on this draft for a stupid and petty reason but what's that to say for the other teams including the one that traded him? I mean give me a break.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#199 » by No-Man » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 pm

It's not like Bagley over Luka was Vlade's only egregious mistake uh? you can count with one hand's finger what he has done right as a GM (Fox's pick, Bogi trade, Hield-DMC move), and the rest hasn't just been meh or below average, it has been an utter disaster

Obviously the team has some talent, but that's not just something he should get props for lol, any team who has been bad and in the lottery for so long would get talent, you get lucky every now and then

Vlade may be improving, but he was like the worst GM in pro sports, so that ain't saying much, I get what he means as a person for the Kings and Kings fans, but let's be real here
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#200 » by bleeds_purple » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:56 am

That's pretty overblown. He's made two bad decisions in hindsight, the Stauskas trade and not drafting Luka. The Stauskas trade, you can at least say it was a win now move; there was a logic to it albeit flawed. Passing on Luka I hated it from day one but if Bagley pans out it at least softens the blow.

Overall he's done a decent job putting together a roster that fits together and can make the playoffs this year with upside to become a real contender if Fox and Bagley reach their potential. This is far from a fireable track record and the notion its an "utter disaster" is just laughable.

Return to Sacramento Kings