6%

Total votes: 31

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Andre Igoudala: Do we need him? 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:13 pm

So it seems like the stove is heating up a bit on Iggy... Windy says Mavs might make a move, etc...
Made me think... Do we need him? If so, what would it cost to get him and how much should we spend?

So give me your thoughts... Should we go after AI, and if so, give me your trade proposal.
Or do you think we should just wait until after the deadline and see if he gets bought out? Do you think the interest is over-blown and he'll still be on the table?
Or do you think we need something other than what Iggy brings to the table and we should be looking elsewhere?

Personally? I go back and forth... The longer Iggy sits, the more concerned I am that he'll come in ready to contribute. Old bones and all that... If he could do for us what he did for GSW, I'd probably over-pay a little to get him, but I'm just not sure that's what we'd get.
Also personally... I think Kuz is a bad fit for this team right now. He's getting better, but he's still a ways away from what we're going to need as far as punch off the bench come playoff time... So again... IF we got GSW Iggy, I'd probably be willing to see Kuz go in the process... Although I get that's probably an over-pay at this point, it's also expedient... Not to mention, Kuz is about to get over-paid himself... Not sure if I'm ready for that as a Laker fan. Not seen enough from him yet to start thinking about the stupid money being thrown around.

Also, I still think we need an upgrade at the 1 and I think we might be better off moving one of Howard or McGee for a more active/athletic big... We've run into a series of teams now that have made Howard and McGee almost non-factors and made them look pretty slow, heavy-footed in the process. If Kuz could be a stretch 4 for us, and play physical in the paint, he might be more useful than a 2/3 scorer off the bench... But he shy's away from contact.

I mention Kuz because he's clearly our most attractive trade piece... Not because I'd like to see him gone before anyone else on the team not named AD or LeBron... Or maybe Green...

So IDK... What you got?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Re: Andre Igoudala: Do we need him? 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 pm

KCP needs to be included to make the money work, and he has a no trade clause that he has no reason not waive. It’s truly pointless to discuss a trade for Iggy.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:19 pm

I think Kuz Dwight and McGee all fit just fine as of now and even KCP. I wouldnt want to mess w the chemistry right now. Defense will be better once Avery comes back and playoffs nearing will hopefully make all players step up. Hopefully Rondo, KCP, Kuz will step up to provide playmaking/scoring when Lebron sits, in due time.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#4 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 am

We need a player like Iggy but if we can't get him we'll still be fine. I prefer signing Iggy than trading for him because at this point I don't think we have anyone to trade for him that the Grizzlies would want. We have a good thing going right now and I don't wanna mess it up with a major roster revamp.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,113

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:11 am

if it's not free, it's not worthwhile
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#6 » by Landsberger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:17 am

I think the Iggy people are thinking of isn't the Iggy of reality these days. If he gets bought out then sure... but if even one team is willing to trade for him then we can't do that without a series of implausible threading of needles...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#7 » by stan francisco » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:18 am

To get past the Clips, we need Iggy and FVF, IMO.

Trade KCP (Klutch can convince him) and filler (Cook?). Either that or JMG for Iggy. The other for Fred.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,508

Post#8 » by zimpy27 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:39 am

I think you take him if free but if not free then it's a lot to give up for someone who may be washed.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#9 » by TylersLakers » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:23 am

Yes, we need him. This team lacks one wing defender in crunch time and he would fit that role perfectly.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#10 » by danfantastk32 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:21 am

I would not trade Kuz. I think people will be disappointed in the Iggy we get now. Decent bench guy who's gonna give 10-12 minutes, with an occasional 3, and even more occasional great moment. While my faith that Kuz is gonna become an allstar is waning, I think we should keep him, and if we don't think we'll shell out the $$ this offeason for Kuz....then try and get more for him than Iggy. I think we can.

If we can pick up Iggy on the waiver....that's totally freakin great. Perfect. But I wouldn't unload one of our very few young talent for him. It will just turn fans sour, when he's not the savior some hoped for.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#11 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:23 am

The question is not how to get him. The question is do we need him. Simple answer is yes. Iggy can guard any of the clips top 2, and/or Lou will if needed. With iggy, we can have a multi faceted defensive and offensive attack.
Lets say down the stretch if games, coach throws a lengthier AD on kawhi, who cannot shoot over AD. We would then have an iguodala to throw at pg. With an iggy, we have more weapons in the aresenal.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#12 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:14 pm

We need him if we want to get past the Clippers.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#13 » by bellabiyel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:06 pm

we needed him against the clips and we needed him away from the clips
AUSTHIM REAVES
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,897

Post#14 » by thebigbird » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:51 pm

We need him, but we need the players we'd have to give up in a trade for him too. Only grab him if he's free. Otherwise it's not worth it.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#15 » by Landsberger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:27 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:The question is not how to get him. The question is do we need him. Simple answer is yes. Iggy can guard any of the clips top 2, and/or Lou will if needed. With iggy, we can have a multi faceted defensive and offensive attack.
Lets say down the stretch if games, coach throws a lengthier AD on kawhi, who cannot shoot over AD. We would then have an iguodala to throw at pg. With an iggy, we have more weapons in the aresenal.

So... Iggy can play 35 minutes in playoff games over a 7 game series?.... See this is where I think people are missing on this. He was played over 30 min/game in the finals and was not really much of a deterrent to Leonard who scored above his season averages in just about every stat. Meanwhile he shot 33% from the line and 30% from 3. If this is what we want to acquire I'd say we have it already on the team in a few guys who can also diversify the scoring much more than Iggy could. In the end if/when we play the Clippers PG and Leonard will get there's just like Lebron and Davis will. The series will be won by the balance of the teams IMHO.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:50 am

If it come to trading for Iggy then why not first look at Ingles?

He's cheaper and has a more recent history of giving PG13 fits.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#17 » by nzahir » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:38 am

zimpy27 wrote:If it come to trading for Iggy then why not first look at Ingles?

I don't see why the Jazz really move him?

And salaries are still tough. I think we must accept the fact that KCP wont waive that NTC.

We dont have much salaries to move. Avery at 4.5 is something, but do we really want to move Avery? I wouldn't want to rn without a better plan at point guard
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by zimpy27 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:59 am

nzahir wrote:

And salaries are still tough. I think we must accept the fact that KCP wont waive that NTC.

We dont have much salaries to move. Avery at 4.5 is something, but do we really want to move Avery? I wouldn't want to rn without a better plan at point guard

Lakers have Bradley (4.8), Cousins (3.5), Cook (3), Daniels (1.6), Dudley (1.6), Kuzma (2) all without NTC. That's 16.5m, which gets about 20.5m in contract matching.

Caruso, KCP are fine at PG role if you bring someone back that can playmake like Ingles.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#19 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 am

Need Iggy? Yes!

But the next question is how do you get him? At this point we need to weigh the ways on how to acquire him.

Buyout - Definitely you try to grab him after a buyout.

Trade - This is where you think twice and consider who are you going to give up for him. I think it will take a lot of players to at least match salaries and I don't think the Grizzlies will be interested with Dudley, Troy Daniels and fillers. We can't trade away KCP, Rondo or McGee because of NTC. Even if we give away Kuz I don't think salaries will match. If we say we go for a trade we must also consider how many players we will as it could greatly damage the chemistry that we have right now.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#20 » by nzahir » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:12 am

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Lakers have Bradley (4.8), Cousins (3.5), Cook (3), Daniels (1.6), Dudley (1.6), Kuzma (2) all without NTC. That's 16.5m, which gets about 20.5m in contract matching.

Caruso, KCP are fine at PG role if you bring someone back that can playmake like Ingles.

Is Avery expendable? Defense has been even surprisingly good

Avery, cousins(waive) Daniels, and 2 2nds for Ingkes Ingles?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers