Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,924

Re: 2019-2020 Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#61 » by zimpy27 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:42 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
The minimum outgoing salary to trade for Mills is 7.43 million dollars.

That's why Cook is in the deal. Unless you'd prefer to trade Bradley or Caruso instead.

I'm always hesitant to trade KCP and any other guard/wing defenders because we need as many 3&D guys in the playoffs.

I wouldn't trade KCP either.

Right now I'd trade Dudley, Daniels, Cousins, Rondo and Kuzma.

I'd want a bench leader coming back for all that.

Rondo has to waive his de facto NTC. I doubt that happens.

Kuz I wouldn't give up, not for Mills. THT maybe.

Throwing too many players the Spurs' way also complicates things because they don't have any open spots either and then a third team definitely has to become involved

Oh sure. Bogdan (8.5m), Rose (7.3m), Ingles (12m), White (1.9m) are the guys I'd try to target to lead the bench unit. Ingles would probably require giving up Bradley.

Mills is nice, just worried about his ability to lead a bench unit and/or defend.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#62 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:59 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
I wouldn't trade KCP either.

Right now I'd trade Dudley, Daniels, Cousins, Rondo and Kuzma.

I'd want a bench leader coming back for all that.

Throwing too many players the Spurs' way also complicates things because they don't have any open spots either and then a third team definitely has to become involved

Oh sure. Bogdan (8.5m), Rose (7.3m), Ingles (12m), White (1.9m) are the guys I'd try to target to lead the bench unit. Ingles would probably require giving up Bradley.

Mills is nice, just worried about his ability to lead a bench unit and/or defend.

If you could take 1 of those guys, who would you take?

I would go with Bogdan

I don't know if I can trust Rose's shot and his defense has been an issue. Better with ball in hand, but thats fine if he is just the bench spark plug. Likely cant close games unless hes feeling it.

Ingles would require Avery and I am iffy on it, even though I brought the idea up as well.

I like White, but if we move Kuzma for him, we lose some offensive firepower. Would need another deal where we could get a bench shooter/scorer.

All I know is if this team wants to legit compete for a title this year and go toe to toe with the top few teams, we need a more reliable #3 guy and an upgrade at backup pg.

And it seems like we will have to move Kuzma to do so.

Thoughts on RoCo? We do lose shot creation though
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#63 » by zimpy27 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:26 am

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:

I would go with Bogdan

I don't know if I can trust Rose's shot and his defense has been an issue. Better with ball in hand, but thats fine if he is just the bench spark plug. Likely cant close games unless hes feeling it.

Ingles would require Avery and I am iffy on it, even though I brought the idea up as well.

I like White, but if we move Kuzma for him, we lose some offensive firepower. Would need another deal where we could get a bench shooter/scorer.

All I know is if this team wants to legit compete for a title this year and go toe to toe with the top few teams, we need a more reliable #3 guy and an upgrade at backup pg.

Yeah I'd go Bogdan as well. I doubt the Kings would help the Lakers though.

Lakers have the defense to cover Rose. I'm only reserved to take him because his value has blown up lately and I doubt it's sustainable.

Doubt Spurs or Jazz would help Lakers as well.

I think convincing Darren Collison to play in the NBA again is a surer bet than these options. :lol:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#64 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:40 am

I'm still curious about Wade... Can he play? He was doing well his final season. I'd rather see him out there than Rondo...

Also, there's been some rumors about Dragic being available... He's old but he can still hit 3s in bunches, moves well without the ball, can defend, etc... I think he'd instantly be our first PG off the bench after AB and would provide consistent scoring. That said, the price would probably be too high for us to match without including Kuz and we shouldn't do that.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
nzahir
RealGM

Post#65 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:46 am

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I would go with Bogdan

Lakers have the defense to cover Rose. I'm only reserved to take him because his value has blown up lately and I doubt it's sustainable.

I think convincing Darren Collison to play in the NBA again is a surer bet than these options. :lol:

Collison would be legit perfect here

Can shoot it, create, and play some pesky d (bit tiny, but we aren't asking for him to be perfect)

Trust him more than I do Kuzma

Wish someone could get a hold of him

I do also forget that it will be tough to get West teams to work with LAL as well. But it has happened
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#66 » by zimpy27 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 9:45 pm

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:If you could take 1 of those guys, who would you take?

I would go with Bogdan

Can shoot it, create, and play some pesky d (bit tiny, but we aren't asking for him to be perfect)

I do also forget that it will be tough to get West teams to work with LAL as well. But it has happened

I think the Bulls could be a realistic trading partner.

Statoransky (10m), Arcidiacono (3m), Harrison (1.6m) and Valentine (3.4m) all seem like decent value players and they are all aged 25-28.

Statoransky and Harrison for Kuzma, Daniels, Cook/Cousins works

OR Arcidiacono and Valentine for Kuzma and Daniels
nzahir
RealGM

Post#67 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:18 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Statoransky (10m), Arcidiacono (3m), Harrison (1.6m) and Valentine (3.4m) all seem like decent value players and they are all aged 25-28.

As someone who has been selling Kuzma low, I think these are a bit low, especially the 2nd one
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by zimpy27 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:24 pm

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Collison would be legit perfect here

As someone who has been selling Kuzma low, I think these are a bit low, especially the 2nd one

Second one is low for sure but the first is bang on value and good value if they take Cousins.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#69 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:36 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Second one is low for sure but the first is bang on value and good value if they take Cousins.

Heres my problem with the trade

We have less offensive firepower and no 3rd option still. Also no 3/4 wing defender. We do get a nice backup pg though who can space the floor though and create
LeCalinou
Junior
And1: 121

Post#70 » by LeCalinou » Mon Dec 9, 2019 8:49 pm

nzahir wrote:I didn't see a thread for 2019-2020 trades (yes I know about the Dec 15th restriction for basically everyone) so I thought why not make one if I am allowed to.

Who are some low key targets that make sense?

Our biggest need last night was another playmaker who can get inside and create for himself and others. This was clear even with Rondo. Maybe Rondo is enough with Kuzma back too, but I am not sure, especially if we have to play Lebron with Rondo and AD.

Need a guy who can run pick and rolls and score.

Here are some names, many are underwhelming, but realistic. Some are underrated when looking at pick and roll efficiency as ball handler.

Reggie Jackson (KCP, Cook, Cook, Cousins to cut, and cash)
Dj Augustin (KCP, THT, 2nd, cash. I don't think its enough tbh)
Trey Burke (for troy daniels or cook, more spacing for them)
JJ barea (for troy daniels)
Schroder (for KCP, Cousins to cut, Daniels)
Patty Mills (KCP, Boogie to cut, 2nd)

Only way to get a much better guard would be to use Kuzma and I don't know if we do that this year.

Reggie Jackson is ok, but not really a team player.
Schroeder too.
The others have marginal talent - related to the current roster.
Patty Mills is the only one that would make sense.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#71 » by Landsberger » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:38 am

21-3.... best start in franchise history. 4 pages of angst over guys we absolutely NEED to contend. Once again.... 21-3.... best start in franchise history...

If these detracting threads are to be believed we've not only beaten other teams to be 21-3 we've also beaten Kuzma and Rondo....
nzahir
RealGM

Post#72 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:51 am

Landsberger wrote:21-3.... best start in franchise history. 4 pages of angst over guys we absolutely NEED to contend. Once again.... 21-3.... best start in franchise history...

If these detracting threads are to be believed we've not only beaten other teams to be 21-3 we've also beaten Kuzma and Rondo....

You do realize this team has problems still right?

So you try to fix them.

You cant have your 3rd scorer putting up 11ppg.

Clippers have 3 guys in the 20s and one guy at 19.

Need a consistent bench vs LAC.

Who you trust on this team come playoff time?
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#73 » by Landsberger » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:27 pm

nzahir wrote:
Landsberger wrote:21-3.... best start in franchise history. 4 pages of angst over guys we absolutely NEED to contend. Once again.... 21-3.... best start in franchise history...

So you try to fix them.

Davis himself said after the Portland game that he and LeBron were going to take the majority of shots and that the support player would need to be ready to hit key shots when the time comes. That is how we're going to play. No one will be a 3rd scorer in this system at the moment.... and quite frankly we don't need one.

The system doesn't fit Kuzma's talents but the thought that you can bring a guy into this situation and have him get 15-18 off the bench is ignoring how Vogel is doing rotations and the offense we're running. 21-3 is not having problems..... it's the best start for the best franchise ever. The Clippers 3 guys got their butts handed to them by the Bucks the other night. I don't understand the fear of that team at all. I've watched a lot of their games and PG/Leonard play essentially the same position so I think they have a lot to work out to be as good as some Laker fans think they are.
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#74 » by One Love » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:26 pm

21 & 3 dawg...

Respect...
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#75 » by zimpy27 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:41 pm

nzahir wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
nzahir wrote:Collison would be legit perfect here

RPM: Valentine 7th, Harrison 57th, Satoransky 172nd, Kuzma 179th, Arcidiacono 197th
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#76 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Landsberger wrote:
nzahir wrote:

So you try to fix them.

Davis himself said after the Portland game that he and LeBron were going to take the majority of shots and that the support player would need to be ready to hit key shots when the time comes. That is how we're going to play. No one will be a 3rd scorer in this system at the moment.... and quite frankly we don't need one.

The system doesn't fit Kuzma's talents but the thought that you can bring a guy into this situation and have him get 15-18 off the bench is ignoring how Vogel is doing rotations and the offense we're running. 21-3 is not having problems..... it's the best start for the best franchise ever. The Clippers 3 guys got their butts handed to them by the Bucks the other night. I don't understand the fear of that team at all. I've watched a lot of their games and PG/Leonard play essentially the same position so I think they have a lot to work out to be as good as some Laker fans think they are.

I read the part you don't need a 3rd Scorer.
I think the Lakers do need more Veteran Fire Power who can step it up come Playoff time.
As mention The Clippers have too much Fire Power for the Lakers and the 1 to 2 punch was very predictable.
A team when championships and getting one more guy who can contribute in the crunch time will help alot.
I wouldn't want someone too old or too young.
Christmas Day will be like Game 2 of the WCF. Lakers got punch in the Face the 1st game from what I saw.
The Clippers were too deep.
Hopefully the bench can rise up or will they melt away in the Big game. We shall see.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#77 » by Landsberger » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:57 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
nzahir wrote:You do realize this team has problems still right?

So you try to fix them.

I read the part you don't need a 3rd Scorer.
I think the Lakers do need more Veteran Fire Power who can step it up come Playoff time.
As mention The Clippers have too much Fire Power for the Lakers and the 1 to 2 punch was very predictable.
A team when championships and getting one more guy who can contribute in the crunch time will help alot.
I wouldn't want someone too old or too young.
Christmas Day will be like Game 2 of the WCF. Lakers got punch in the Face the 1st game from what I saw.
The Clippers were too deep.
Hopefully the bench can rise up or will they melt away in the Big game. We shall see.

Again.... don't get the fear of the Clippers. The Bucks are able to match out size and can score more than the Clippers. That's the team I think we could have real issues with in a 7 game series. We shall see.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#78 » by lazybatman » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am

Dr Aki wrote:Spurs trade:
Patty Mills (12.4 mil, 13.3 mil) for

Lakers trade:
Quinn Cook (3.0 mil, 1.0 mil guaranteed for 2020/21)
Demarcus Cousins (3.5 mil exp, straight waive)
Troy Daniels (1.6 mil exp - waive or routed to a third team most likely)
Cash considerations for waives

Why for Spurs
Spurs trade Mills because Mills is the 4th best paid player on the Spurs, but only plays the 7th most minutes on the team. Spurs instead get a career >40% 3pt shooter and get a good look at him and can simply waive him as his 2020/21 contract is only guaranteed for 1.0 mil.

Overall, the Spurs save roughly 4.0 mil this season (more if a third team takes on Daniels), roughly 10.3 to 12.3 mil next season depending on if they want to keep Cook, open up playing time for their future guard rotation of Murray, Forbes, White, Walker (<5.0 mpg) and even Keldon Johnson (who's only played 2 minutes, but looks like an interesting athletic 3&D player)

Why for Lakers
Lakers move Quinn Cook and Troy Daniels, both are 40% 3pt career shooters that are struggling to break into the Lakers guard rotation of Bradley/Rondo/Caruso and Green/KCP.

This gives them a guard that isn't afraid to launch threes off the dribble. Mills offer a lot more than Cook does as he can also handle the ball. Mills also has plenty of playoff experience, can't ever not have enough of that. Patty Mills' contract also runs until the end of 2020/21 and thus, will not jeopardise the 2021 FA game plan.

Cousins and Daniels are basically salary filler to create a legal trade. Trading 3 for 1 also allows the Lakers to keep extra slots open for when coveted vets come onto the market.

That's probably the only realistic trade idea on the forum.

2 problems -
- Can we keep Boogie? Don't think he's a Spurs kinda player anyway.
- Coach Pop hates Lakers.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#79 » by nzahir » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:16 pm

What teams really can even use Kuzma rn?

Pacers? If they move one of their bigs maybe.
Pistons if they trade Blake.
Cavs if they trade Love Maybe?
Wizards?
Jazz?
Spurs if they rebuild/retool and move LMA.
I think HOU makes a ton of sense. They can use a longer forward who is cheap. But they can only send back pick(s) really. If Eric Gordon was trade eligible I would love a deal centered around Kuzma and KCP or Kuzma, Cook, and Boogie/Daniels
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#80 » by TylersLakers » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:36 am

Cousins, Kuzma and Bradley for Covington, Vonleh

- Covington would fit amazing next to LeBron, AD
- Opens up a roster spot on the buyout market
- Cleans up the back court minutes, giving more time to Caruso/Rondo

Return to Los Angeles Lakers