RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,026

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#221 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:40 pm

SweetTouch wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
SweetTouch wrote:
The King has won a title three different years against the better team so I have faith he could do it again for the fourth time

Since when were the Spurs better than not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7?
Hell they were better than the Mavs but choked that away

Okc, Spurs, and warriors were the favorites

SPURS Had them in 6, but they choked
OKC has Westbrook KD, harden
Warriors, David vs Goliath for the history books

And yes The King has lost one while being the favorite but he’s won 3 while being the underdog

Miami was actually quite heavily favored the first year vs the spurs when they won. They were slight underdogs the following year when they lost.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#222 » by Ball so hard » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Meh, all that razzle-dazzle and his defender was still right there in his face. He appears to have more raw talent than Zo had at the same age, but I doubt he'll be as impactful as Zo.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#223 » by Slava » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:29 pm

TyCobb wrote:Embiid just lost his right to open his mouth the rest of the season and playoffs. Damn thats ugly.

That Toronto defence is a buzzsaw though. All that length and movement with high IQ defensive instincts.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#224 » by stan francisco » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Slava wrote:
TyCobb wrote:Embiid just lost his right to open his mouth the rest of the season and playoffs. Damn thats ugly.

That Toronto defence is a buzzsaw though. All that length and movement with high IQ defensive instincts.

Indeed. And good coaching.

Siakam is a beast and FVF is the PG the Lakers need. I’d give up JaVale (preferrably KCP) to get FVF and I’d take the chance that he’ll re-sign next summer.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,653

Post#225 » by dockingsched » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:49 pm

You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#226 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:12 am

dockingsched wrote:You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.

Okay, now we’re talking. Do you think a Klutch can talk KCP into going to Toronto despite the NTC? What is his value in a three team deal? Is JMG worthless around the league? Not even close. Big for small is a balancing factor. Add a guard, like Cook or Daniels

Or, what would you consider giving up for a potential four month lease in FVF? What’s fair to you?

Why would Toronto trade him? They only would if they already know he’s walking this summer. I think he is ready to move on, and I think they know it. Basing that off of a recent interview.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#227 » by thebigbird » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:28 am

stan francisco wrote:
dockingsched wrote:You’d give up a dime a dozen limited big man for a good young still improving guard, how generous of you.

Okay, now we’re talking. Do you think a Klutch can talk KCP into going to Toronto despite the NTC? What is his value in a three team deal? Is JMG worthless around the league? Not even close. Big for small is a balancing factor. Add a guard, like Cook or Daniels

Or, what would you consider giving up for a potential four month lease in FVF? What’s fair to you?

Why would Toronto trade him? They only would if they already know he’s walking this summer. I think he is ready to move on, and I think they know it. Basing that off of a recent interview.

Why trade KCP though? He's been great lately and is shooting 44% from 3 on the year.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#228 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:22 am

thebigbird wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Why trade KCP though? He's been great lately and is shooting 44% from 3 on the year.

Because he’s been shooting 44% from three and has been less inconsistent lately.

I was just told above that JMG is not enough of an offer for FVF. You’re saying KCP is too much? No suggestions? I’m just curious if anyone else here sees the fit.

I happen to think he’s the perfect fit to start at point on this team. I’d like to get him here before he hits FA.

McGee is tradable if DMC comes back healthy in April/May. KCP has value and is tradable with a healthy Bradley. All other tradable pieces are fillers at best.

Iggy and Van Fleet would complete this roster. If we can get their expirings for Javale, Pope and Cook or a young talented player, do it.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#229 » by kblo247 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:56 am

Melo !!!

Feel good for him. He’s in the best system he can be in with their ISO’s and mid range heavy style. He’s not asked to play like anyone but what Melo great, which is like Dwight being asked to simply play D.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#230 » by Landsberger » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:57 pm

I hate Melo.... but not as much as CP3. Couldn't care less about what he's doing.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#231 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:02 pm

So do we think that if we would have kept BI instead of Kuz that BI would be having the same kind of season he is having or would he still be mediocre from the 3, missing FT, and getting mauled on his way to the basket?
Forum permissions