ImageImageImageImageImage

What is your ideal lineup for the 2020 season if you had it your way?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: What is your ideal lineup for the 2020 season if you had it your way? 

Post#41 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:29 am

freypies wrote:Never happening, but for dream but semi-possible scenario, trade Russell plus pick from this year for Gobert.

Run:

Steph/Evans/Bowman
Klay/Burks/Poole or Lee (depends on how Poole looks by season's end)
Paschall/Iguodala/Glenn Robinson
Draymond/Looney/Spellman
Gobert/Looney (PF or C for him)/Smailagic

I am confident that lineup would beat any other in the league provided health.

I like your thinking my man, but the Jazz have Mike Conley, so why would they do that trade? Not happening.
BballIntellect
Junior
And1: 151

Post#42 » by BballIntellect » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:25 pm

- Curry

- Klay

- Draymond

- Dlo

- Looney

- Paschall

- WCS

- Will Barton (with the trade exception)

- Iggy (hopefully)

- Evans

- Spellman

- Poole

- Ky Bowman (he's done enough to earn a backup role behind Steph next year, he's been one of our best players)

- Smailagic

- The Top 5 pick we should be able to get (I've not done enough research yet on who we should target in the draft but I've heard that it's not the strongest draft)

I've just listed the 15 man roster which is the maximum aloud. We have 14 players on our roster this year because of the hard cap.

I think the roster I just listed is good enough to compete in the playoffs but it's not a surefire championship team.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#43 » by mos_def » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:58 pm

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#44 » by floppymoose » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:12 am

My ideal lineup:

BballIntellect
Junior
And1: 151

Post#45 » by BballIntellect » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:12 am

floppymoose wrote:My ideal lineup:

ORTG : 150

DRTG : 145
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#46 » by superunknown » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:59 pm

any lineup including gianis :D
he alongside the splash brothers would be virtually impossible to stop. you don't double team him, he'll get to the paint and score two, worse case scenario will go to the FT line and put the opponent team on bonus early for the rest of the quarter. if you double team him, splash brothers will kill you on the perimeter with the 3s. defensively, there's no better player to run a new version of the death lineup.
this even for a team with the "mighty" kawhi (which at the moment seems a monster capable to beat anyone by himself, at least listening to all media and so called experts/analysts).
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#47 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:13 am

Steph- Bowman-
Klay- Burks
Paschall- Iguodala- Robinson
Draymond- Spellman-
?- Looney- Spellman-

Poole- Chriss- Smiley

Pieces to use to fill out the roster.

DLo trade - Need a starter out of the deal. But it has to be a fit. Which could mean two players. I would think a pick would be needed coming back. Who knows? The teams are limited. Need a small forward or a center.

17 million dollar Trade Exception - limited options here. Might end up being a smaller piece. Depends on the player and need for sure. I would try to land the best shooter possible here.

Draft Pick- should be a very high pick. I would keep this pick and not trade it. With an aging core, adding a top 5 talent could be huge in extending the Warriors being winners. Have to take the BPA, no doubt hands down. Can't let position matter here. If the top 2 guys are really close though, them you may want to take the position.

MLE- probably goes to Iguodala, or broken up into a couple players.

Vet minimum- I would hope for Iguodala to take this route, but I doubt it, he will want more. Could be a spot to add Bogut here.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#48 » by killmongrel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:57 am

Mylie10 wrote:Steph- Bowman-
Klay- Burks
Paschall- Iguodala- Robinson
Draymond- Spellman-
?- Looney- Spellman-

Poole- Chriss- Smiley

Pieces to use to fill out the roster.

DLo trade - Need a starter out of the deal. But it has to be a fit. Which could mean two players. I would think a pick would be needed coming back. Who knows? The teams are limited. Need a small forward or a center.

17 million dollar Trade Exception - limited options here. Might end up being a smaller piece. Depends on the player and need for sure. I would try to land the best shooter possible here.

Draft Pick- should be a very high pick. I would keep this pick and not trade it. With an aging core, adding a top 5 talent could be huge in extending the Warriors being winners. Have to take the BPA, no doubt hands down. Can't let position matter here. If the top 2 guys are really close though, them you may want to take the position.

MLE- probably goes to Iguodala, or broken up into a couple players.

Vet minimum- I would hope for Iguodala to take this route, but I doubt it, he will want more. Could be a spot to add Bogut here.
I'm starting to think that Chriss might be traded. He's playing really well, but we have a glut of bigs but no true center if we get rid of WCS. We might just trade Chriss to a contender for a pick. Same with Burks. RG3 I see us trying to keep on the vet. minimum. I don't think we take Iguodala back for more than the vet. minimum. I'm pretty sure he has spoken to the guys and FO quite a bit. There's no way he's trying to squeeze a few extra million, especially when he has so many ventures in Silicon Valley outside of basketball. He knows Joe Lacob will take care of him.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#49 » by freypies » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:24 pm

Honestly, even if no trades work out, and somehow we simply retain everyone from this year to the next, which is incredibly unlikely with Burk's value rising, WCS playing poorly, decisions with the 2-way players, etc, I still think we're a solid team that has a chance for the top spot.

PG: Steph, Russell, Bowman, Evans
SG: Klay, Russell, Burks, Poole, GRIII
SF: Paschall, Klay, GRIII, Draymond, Burks
PF: Draymond, Paschall, Looney, Chriss, Spellman
C: Looney, Spellman, Chriss, WCS, Draymond, Smailagic

I think our sour spots are the lack of a good "big" Center and a great wing player who can ball handle as well as shoot, which we need to address.

If we get Giannis, we have literally nothing to worry about for next year. If we can get a star wing or center that will be amazing. Worst case, we get a great player from a high draft pick, and a great player for the $17 million exception we have. In the worst case scenario (assuming no injuries pleasseeee), we are still really solid. We can only really get better imo.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#50 » by giberish » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:15 pm

For now the lineup looks like:

Curry/Bowman
Klay/?
?/Paschall
Draymond/Spellman
?/Looney

With Dlo, a high lotto pick, the 'no hard cap' MLE and the Iggy TPE to work with. I'm not counting Burks or Robinson, they're UFA's with no bird rights, if there's any demand they have to be signed with MLE money. If not they're 3rd string options. I don't see Poole or Evans above 3rd string either.

The team needs a starting SF - easily the toughest find. Get past the elite stars and ???. There's also a need for another center option with Looney. Looney could even start but if his health is a long-term issue it's safer with him in a bench role. I'd also look for a quality 3rd guard. Bowman's been good for the current roster but probably the 10th man of that lineup so a quality backup SG who may also cover some PG minutes is nice.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mylie10 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:00 pm

So I've been thinking about Robinson at the 2. I love that and it reminds me of the advantage Klay has as a big 2. Robinson at small forward is meh. He's ok, but he's not a mismatch in our favor. He's undersized against many of the leagues best small forwards. But as a 2 guard he is a much better mismatch in our favor.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#52 » by Samurai » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:28 pm

Mylie10 wrote:So I've been thinking about Robinson at the 2. I love that and it reminds me of the advantage Klay has as a big 2. Robinson at small forward is meh. He's ok, but he's not a mismatch in our favor. He's undersized against many of the leagues best small forwards. But as a 2 guard he is a much better mismatch in our favor.

So you would rather have GR3 at the 2 and Klay at the 3 instead of the positions they are more familiar with? If you are looking for mismatches, why not put Klay at the 2 and Paschall at the 3? He is too strong for most 3’s to guard when he takes it to the rim.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#53 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:45 pm

To me, the ideal lineup has the Warriors trading a package centered around Russell, Draymond, our 2022 #1 pick, and virtually anything else necessary to pair Giannis with Curry and Klay. It would require Giannis coming out and saying he wanted to come to the Warriors, and more work to make the salaries work. But I don't think that's realistic.

I think either of the following 2 are much more realistic scenarios. I personally don't see the Warriors keeping Russell, because I think defensively it's a train wreck on the perimeter if he's playing with Curry, and the Warriors will move him to get frontcourt help and "restore" Klay to the SG position.

I also think the Warriors will end up with a draft pick in the 5-8 range. My guess is they'll end up ultimately winning 25-30 games this season after Russell, Curry, and (maybe) Klay get back, and the bottom of the East is a predictable train wreck.

Scenario 1: Warriors trade Russell to Minnesota for Wiggins straight-up. Assumes Wiggins continues to show all-around improvement and effort.

Starters: Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Draymond/Looney
Bench: Bowman/Poole/Evans/Iguodala/Paschall/Spellman/Chriss
Draft Pick: Tyrese Maxey, Isaiah Stewart or Jaden McDaniels

Scenario 2: Warriors trade Russell to New York for Mitchell Robinson, Kevin Knox, Marcus Morris (expiring) and Charlotte's second-round pick (which the Knicks have the rights to).

Starters: Curry/Klay/Knox/Draymond/Robinson
Bench: Bowman/Poole/Evans/Iguodala/Paschall/Looney/Spellman
Draft Pick: Maxey or McDaniels (round 1); Isaac Okoro (round 2)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#54 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:49 pm

Center Position:
A) Draft Wiseman
B) Trade TPE for Valancunas/Nurkic
C) Sign Howard/Gasol/Ibaka with the MLE

Small Forward:
A) Trade Russell for Gordon
B) Trade Russell for Covington/Wiggins
C) Sign Ariza/Bazemore with the MLE

* Trade Russell and 1st rounder for Gordon, Bamba, Iwundu
* Trade TPE for Wright and Curry
* Sign Gasol with MLE
* Sign Igoudola with Vets Minimum

C Gasol, Looney, Bamba
PF Green, Paschall, Spellman
SF Gordon, Igoudola, Iwundu
SG Thompson, Curry, Poole
PG Curry, Wright, Bowman
BongBoyKlay
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#55 » by BongBoyKlay » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:19 am

PG: Steph/Bowman/Evans
SG: Klay/Poole
SF: Paschall/First round pick(Scottie Lewis, Okoro)/Iggy
PF: Draymond/Spellman
C: Myles Turner/Looney/Smiley

Since this is if I had it my way, I am hoping that Turner's usage continues to decrease in Indiana and he becomes unhappy and asks for a trade. Turner would be huge for our defense, and would be able to provide the inside presence that we have been missing since Bogut. He also adds a new dimension to our offense with his shooting and passing. It would be interesting to see how Kerr would use him as a screener for Steph and Klay. This also allows the Warriors to have a very balanced roster with players that can contribute in a variety of different ways, which will allow Kerr to try out a lot of different lineups depending on the matchup. We would have to work out a three team trade because Indiana doesn't need Russell. Orlando could be a possibility with Gordon going to the Pacers.

This would allow the Warriors to use their first round pick on a defensive wing, such as Scottie Lewis or Isaac Okoro, that can slot in and defend immediately. I think either of those players would immediately help the Warriors on defense, and it would allow them to gradually improve their offense and shooting since they will not be needed as creators. This is assuming the Warriors start winning when Steph comes back and the pick ends up in the lower half of the lottery.

If the pick end up being a top three pick they can go BPA and bring him off the bench as a scoring 6th man since its looking like the best players in this draft are going to be scoring guards. They could also trade down and still pick a defensive wing while adding another asset or two from another lottery team that wants to move up. A team such as the Hawks or Pelicans who has many young assets and could end up with multiple first round picks would be an for the Warriors to looks at if they were to trade down.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#56 » by cpower » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 am

Anyway we can get Jimmy Butler for Dlo + filler + picks?
BongBoyKlay
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#57 » by BongBoyKlay » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:00 am

cpower wrote:Anyway we can get Jimmy Butler for Dlo + filler + picks?

I don't think Miami would want to trade Butler considering they just got him and he seems like a great fit for their culture and team. Unless things suddenly change and he wants out, I don't see them trading him.

I also don't know if he would be a great fit with the Warriors culture, and I could see him and Draymond going at it pretty quickly. Although he would help us on defense, he plays a lot more iso ball than the Warriors do and he might mess up the flow of the offense.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mylie10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:55 am

Miami has a nice roster. Tons of shooting all over the floor. Butler is in a great situation right now. They aren't making any drastic moves right now.
Khoee wrote “
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#59 » by killmongrel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:15 am

DAWill1128 wrote:Center Position:
A) Draft Wiseman

Small Forward:

* Sign Gasol with MLE

C Gasol, Looney, Bamba
PG Curry, Wright, Bowman
I like some of the stuff you said.

A pretty good situation that I was thinking about would be.

If we don't get a top pick, maybe draft Cole Anthony. Trade DLO+fillers for Aaron Gordon(I think he can improve his shooting)+Terrance Ross. Use the TPE for Jonas Valancunias. Use the MLE if there is a good FA. Get Iguodala for vet. minimum.

Steph/Cole/Bowman
Klay/Ross/Poole
Gordon/Paschall/Iguodala
Green/Spellman/Chriss
Valancunias/Looney/Smailagic
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,182

Post#60 » by xdrta+ » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:08 pm

killmongrel wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:Center Position:
A) Draft Wiseman

Small Forward:

* Sign Gasol with MLE

C Gasol, Looney, Bamba
PG Curry, Wright, Bowman
I like some of the stuff you said.

A pretty good situation that I was thinking about would be.

If we don't get a top pick, maybe draft Cole Anthony. Trade DLO+fillers for Aaron Gordon(I think he can improve his shooting)+Terrance Ross. Use the TPE for Jonas Valancunias. Use the MLE if there is a good FA. Get Iguodala for vet. minimum.

Steph/Cole/Bowman
Klay/Ross/Poole
Gordon/Paschall/Iguodala
Green/Spellman/Chriss
Valancunias/Looney/Smailagic

I don't see how you use the trade exception for Valanciunas, or even more so for Nurkic, as was mentioned. Are they going to give him up for a draft pick?

Return to Golden State Warriors