ImageImageImageImageImage

A Tech Guy with a Jumper - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: S.Dinwiddie vs Kyrie Irwing 

Post#661 » by Shark » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Dinwiddie is still our 6th man after Kyrie comes back and as a 6th man he's still going to get close to starter minutes. And as long as LeVert is out we're still going to need a second ball handler out there. Its also painfully obvious that the bench is in sore need of someone that create on offense.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#662 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:31 am

Depends what you like. If you're into hero balling and dazzling highlights, then Kyrie's your man. If you wanna win, you go with Spencer. He's a dog and a team player.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,829

Post#663 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:07 am

mcscotty wrote:Depends what you like. If you're into hero balling and dazzling highlights, then Kyrie's your man. If you wanna win, you go with Spencer. He's a dog and a team player.

So, you're on here telling us, Nets fans, that Spencer has never played hero ball?

Interesting take.

If you're on here to spread anti Kyrie nonsense just know that you're in the wrong place for it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#664 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:13 am

Shark wrote:Dinwiddie is still our 6th man after Kyrie comes back and as a 6th man he's still going to get close to starter minutes. And as long as LeVert is out we're still going to need a second ball handler out there. Its also painfully obvious that the bench is in sorely need of someone that create on offense.

It looks like Kyrie will be back before LeVert. We should go with Allen/Prince/Harris/Temple/Irving first unit to give Kyrie max floor space. Spencer will lead the 2nd unit and be the main option

Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 267

Post#665 » by Curns13 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:18 am

I havent posted in ages, but this has forced me out of my slumber to write just five words. GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!!!
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#666 » by gigantes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:21 am

Curns13 wrote:I havent posted in ages, but this has forced me out of my slumber to write just five words. GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!!!

Just in general, or in response to something in particular?
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#667 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
mcscotty wrote:Depends what you like. If you're into hero balling and dazzling highlights, then Kyrie's your man. If you wanna win, you go with Spencer. He's a dog and a team player.

So, you're on here telling us, Nets fans, that Spencer has never played hero ball?

Interesting take.

If you're on here to spread anti Kyrie nonsense just know that you're in the wrong place for it.

You're obviously a Kyrie fanboy and he seems untouchable in your world. But others are questioning him, even on this very forum. I didn't start this thread. But I'll gladly share my opinions.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#668 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:39 am

mcscotty wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Interesting take.

You're obviously a Kyrie fanboy and he seems untouchable in your world. But others are questioning him, even on this very forum. I didn't start this thread. But I'll gladly share my opinions.

I'm not a Kyrie fanboy you moron, I'm supporting a Nets player who I'm seeing being attacked from all ends. And I will do so with facts, and not your **** ing narrative fueled hot takes.

This thread wasn't started by a Nets fan, but by a troll to spread anti Kyrie nonsense on our forum.

You can share your opinions, but you should at least have facts to back up your opinions because on the Nets forum we don't take hot takes lightly especially from outsiders.

I have watched Spencer Dinwiddie from the first day we got him out of the G League. for you to assert that he doesn't play hero ball in an attempt to slight Kyrie is a load of bull ****. You don't know what you're talking about.

I will wager that you've barely watched Dinwiddie play. You're just on here talking ****. **** off.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#669 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:43 am

gigantes wrote:
Curns13 wrote:I havent posted in ages, but this has forced me out of my slumber to write just five words. GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!!!

A Nets player is being attacked and slandered. It's clear what Curns is going off about.

I'm sorry I have watched this team for a long time and I'll be damned if I'll let outsiders come on here and talk **** about a player who wanted to come here and win a championship for this team.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#670 » by gigantes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
gigantes wrote:

A Nets player is being attacked and slandered. It's clear what Curns is going off about.

I'm sorry I have watched this team for a long time and I'll be damned if I'll let outsiders come on here and talk **** about a player who wanted to come here and win a championship for this team.

Every point OP made is a reasonable point IMO.

I get that tempers are high right now and that this "mcscotty" person is just trying to be an obnoxious twat, but the thread topic is basically an extension of what we were talking about based on Karate Diop's post.

The timing of this thread kind of sucks, though, I'll give you that. :/

EDIT: Eh, and now it's been merged.
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#671 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:09 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
mcscotty wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Interesting take.

I'm not a Kyrie fanboy you moron, I'm supporting a Nets player who I'm seeing being attacked from all ends. And I will do so with facts, and not your **** ing narrative fueled hot takes.

This thread wasn't started by a Nets fan, but by a troll to spread anti Kyrie nonsense on our forum.

You can share your opinions, but you should at least have facts to back up your opinions because on the Nets forum we don't take hot takes lightly especially from outsiders.

I have watched Spencer Dinwiddie from the first day we got him out of the G League. for you to assert that he doesn't play hero ball in an attempt to slight Kyrie is a load of bull ****. You don't know what you're talking about.

I will wager that you've barely watched Dinwiddie play. You're just on here talking ****. **** off.

I could come up with lots of empirical data that shows how much better teams are without Kyrie are on the court. I tend to prefer the eye test though. I can't believe you guys haven't seen it yet. The arrogance and smugness that Kyrie displays both on and off the court just kills team chemistry. You guys were one of the better stories in the league last season. Kyrie came and instantly stopped all momentum. He goes down with an injury and suddenly the team is resurrected. But Kyrie will come back and be Kyrie. Anyway, this guy does a pretty good job of explaining the dilemma.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#672 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:13 am

if you want elite offense, you go with Kyrie. our offense was significantly better before he went down... and thats without the benefit of playing a ton of scrub teams like this recent stretch he has been out for.

if you want to win, you go with kyrie. since he has actually won a ring and had 55 and 49 win seasons in boston.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#673 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:14 am

mcscotty wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Interesting take.

it sounds like you are more of a Kyrie Hater, trolling on another teams board, and ignoring the facts
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#674 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:15 am

mcscotty wrote:

you actually cant. which is why you didnt and instead cherry picked a video highlight which is purely anecdotal
mcscotty
Rookie

Post#675 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:38 am

Prokorov wrote:
mcscotty wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Interesting take.

it sounds like you are more of a Kyrie Hater, trolling on another teams board, and ignoring the facts

You're all saying I'm ignoring the facts. What facts has anyone brought up? Show me the facts? Anyway, I don't want to have arguments with people that resort to calling me a "moron"or "twat". It's clear I'm dealing with the lowest common denominator. I'll just break out the popcorn and enjoy the show. You'll all come around to my views in short order.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#676 » by MGrand15 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:49 am

Dinwiddie and Kyrie have had ZERO issues playing together. They're a +7.8 per 100 possessions. We don't have to choose between them. Spencer is 6'6 and can easily play the 2.

Celtic fans are salty because their players start to pout if they don't get 10+ isolations per game. Our guys aren't like that. Our system is built for guards to cook. Whether it's Kyrie, Dinwiddie, or LeVert - those guys are going to have moments where they dominate the ball. Everyone else knows their role.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#677 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 am

mcscotty wrote:You're all saying I'm ignoring the facts. What facts has anyone brought up? Show me the facts? Anyway, I don't want to have arguments with people that resort to calling me a "moron"or "twat". It's clear I'm dealing with the lowest common denominator. I'll just break out the popcorn and enjoy the show. You'll all come around to my views in short order.

1) i did not call you any of those names. I do not condone that. I will say you set yourself up for an abrasive response when you go to another teams forum and baselessly trash their best player and dont back it up with any facts

2) Why do we have to show you the facts? you are the one coming here making the claims. shouldnt the burden be with you? But, since I always bring the facts:

Nets with irving on the floor and on/off

117 points per 100 possessions (101 points per possession without)
+6.4 BPM (more then twice the next net, one of only 3 nets in the positive. dinwiddie is -0.7)

Kyrie is better then diniwiddine in:

points, assists,rebounds, FG%, 3PT% FT% PER, TS%

beyond that he also has a better BPM, VORP, RPM, and win shares

there is not a single metric that shows dinwiddie has helped the team more then kyrie... there isntone that shows its even remotely close.

It is awesome the nets have won 5 of their last 6. it helps that we have played the worst teams in the NBA for 4 of those wins. our bench absolutely KILLED us the first 2 weeks of the season, Kyrie played like an MVP while the bench blew lead after lead. he setup the game winning bucket for allen vs. minny and he missed both FTs. he got 2 huge steals on morant and dinwiddie missed the FTS that allowed the crowder game winning 3.

as far as hero ball, diniwddie has more FGA in isolation than kyrie does. kyrie has more possesions in the pick and roll then dinwiddie does
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#678 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:08 am

mcscotty wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
mcscotty wrote:

You're all saying I'm ignoring the facts. What facts has anyone brought up? Show me the facts? Anyway, I don't want to have arguments with people that resort to calling me a "moron"or "twat". It's clear I'm dealing with the lowest common denominator. I'll just break out the popcorn and enjoy the show. You'll all come around to my views in short order.

You are clearly trying to look like an uneducated fan with a anti-Kyrie agenda, if you are going to come into a NETS forum and tell us that our own homegrown guys don’t play hero ball as if you’ve watched them for every single 82 games for the last 4 years.
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Re: The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#679 » by BKSZN » Sun Dec 1, 2019 4:31 am

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Mayor - Spencer Dinwiddie Thread  

Post#680 » by Paradise » Sun Dec 1, 2019 5:08 am

Return to Brooklyn Nets