ImageImageImageImageImage

FRED VANVLEET OR KYLE LOWRY FOR KUZMA

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Rakkasan
Sophomore
And1: 127

FRED VANVLEET OR KYLE LOWRY FOR KUZMA 

Post#1 » by Rakkasan » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:40 am

Is there a chance the Lakers could get Fred or Kyle for Kuzma and other considerations. The Lakers badly need a starting point guard, and it's not logical that the Raptors will pay both Lowry and Vanvleet, both would be an excellent fit for the Lakers.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: FRED VANVLEET OR KYLE LOWRY FOR KUZMA 

Post#2 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:42 am

I would love either of them... But no. I'd say there's no chance, unless they really wanted Cousins or something like that.

Even with an extend and trade of Kuz, I don't think we could put together a package they'd be willing to take with close to matching salaries. And if we did, what would they get out of it?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#3 » by stan francisco » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:38 am

I’ve been driving the FVV bus around here. But it only makes us better if Kuz stays. I’d give up KCP and filler or McGee (before TD). Lowry is up there in age but sure, we can send Cook, Daniels and a rook. Or KCP.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#4 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:40 am

Naw. Raptors don’t take any of our stuff for Fred. And matching Lowry’s salary seems near impossible.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#5 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:41 am

Kuz makes enough for a bag chips, best of luck matching salaries, by the way have you ever heard of a little doohickey we use here called the trade checker?
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#6 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:15 am

Technically... After the 15th Quinn Cook and Kuzma for Vanvleet works
https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7252081

But I'd have to assume Toronto would hard-pass that one... Even if we threw in one of our 2030 firsts.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#7 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:46 am

Besides all the matching salary stuff, which in no way works. Besides the raps not willing to release anyone to us. Besides us needing more shooting in Kuz, due to all the driving Bron.does. And that ownership likes Kuz. Besides all that, I would go younger with fleet.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by stan francisco » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:48 am

The reason why he asks, and why I’ve been harping about FVV is that FVV let the cat out of the bag a month or two ago. He’s not likely to resign.

So, he either walks for no return or they trade him before the deadline.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:11 am

I think what FVV wants is hardly as important in this case, as what Toronto can get for him... He's not made a trade demand to LA, and he hasn't said he'd only sign long term with the Lakers... So that leaves the whole NBA open... And I'm sure there are a number of teams that would line up to pay a whole lot more than Kuzma for him.
Only real incentive for them to deal with us is that we could give them salary relief. But hard to believe that's all they'd want for a talent like FVV.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,654

Post#10 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:48 am

Half of you guys here are clueless

1) We can't get Lowry. Salary is impossible.

2) Kuzma's value likely isn't even at FVV's value anymore. LET ALONE guys like KCP and filler. So at best, it would be kuzma, salary filler, 2nds, and even THT

3) KCP has a NTC, he will likely not accept a deal. I can see it MAYBE if it was a no tax state like MIA or Dallas, added with his kicker. About an extra 1.5-2M in terms of tax savings and trade kicker (15%). Maybe bigger role and opts out for bigger deal.
Rakkasan
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Rakkasan » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:21 am

There's also this thing called "third team involvement" I'm quite sure there is no way the Clippers are going to get Paul George and Kawhi!
Rakkasan
Sophomore

Post#12 » by Rakkasan » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:31 am

stan francisco wrote:I’ve been driving the FVV bus around here. But it only makes us better if Kuz stays. I’d give up KCP and filler or McGee (before TD). Lowry is up there in age but sure, we can send Cook, Daniels and a rook. Or KCP.

With or without Kuzma FFV makes the Lakers significantly better, and probably the favorite in the west. To me Kuzma has to be dumped before the rest of the league finds out just how limited he is as a player. In fact trading him to the Bulls for Lauri (the latest rumor)would be a steal, as Lauri isn't playing particularly well now, but he will, whereas Kuzma just has a limited game period. I don't actually think the Bulls would touch that trade.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,654

Post#13 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:36 am

Rakkasan wrote:
stan francisco wrote:I’ve been driving the FVV bus around here. But it only makes us better if Kuz stays. I’d give up KCP and filler or McGee (before TD). Lowry is up there in age but sure, we can send Cook, Daniels and a rook. Or KCP.

With or without Kuzma FFV makes the Lakers significantly better, and probably the favorite in the west. To me Kuzma has to be dumped before the rest of the league finds out just how limited he is as a player. In fact trading him to the Bulls for Lauri (the latest rumor)would be a steal, as Lauri isn't playing particularly well now, but he will, whereas Kuzma just has a limited game period. I don't actually think the Bulls would touch that trade.

Bulls wouldn't do it lol

If they did, LAL should take the deal and run. Lauri has been awful, but he should pick it up

Still not a great fit on the team, but he could be swung again if need be
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#14 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:15 am

nzahir wrote:2) Kuzma's value likely isn't even at FVV's value anymore. LET ALONE guys like KCP and filler. So at best, it would be kuzma, salary filler, 2nds, and even THT

Yeah, I do think the KCP and filler idea is just flat insulting to Toronto. If I were the GM for Toronto, and the Lakers called with that BS, I'd try my best to keep a straight face and say "only if you'll add AD for Lowry in the deal".

I think the Kuzma deal is unreal (prob not a joke...but unreal) at this point too. VanVleet is really making a name for himself these days, and Kuz is not.

Same goes for Lowry. The guy is 33...so has some years left. They have him on contract for this year and next. If they do decide to part ways.....they're gonna want some legit stuff for him. Not Kuz, KCP, and whatever else we can U-haul into their locker-room.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by stan francisco » Tue Dec 3, 2019 12:55 pm

Did everyone miss what FVV said in an interview recently. They will probably lose him after this season. For nothing.
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#16 » by RamonSessions7 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:47 pm

Rakkasan wrote:There's also this thing called "third team involvement" I'm quite sure there is no way the Clippers are going to get Paul George and Kawhi!

Except clippers had the cap space to do it. Lakers do not have the cap to get Lowry nor the assets to sniff a borderline eastern all-star level FVV.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#17 » by bb22 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:58 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Raps signed FVV to a long term deal. They have a lot of expiring salary after this season, and Lowry expires the season after. They can ride with FVV and Pascal until 2021, and then hope to use Ujiri’s connection with Giannis to sign the Greek freak.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#18 » by Landsberger » Thu Dec 5, 2019 1:32 am

FVV would come here and fill a 22 min a game role off the bench as a back up PG? In that role, on this team as constructed, he's a 12 point guy. Those who think LeBron is handing over the ball handling duties and he starts don't understand or haven't watched the last 10 years of basketball. Part of why everyone wants to trade Kuzma is because of the role he's in now vs last year. It's not regression or lack of progress. He missed camp, finally got a few good games under his belt and had some meaningful runs in games where we needed him. These were followed with him basically being relegated to a corner safety valve. The idea that we bring another guy who's succeeding in a situation that's working for him and he magically makes the opportunity here work like that is like believing in magic.

After watching this season to this point offensively I'm not sure how we'ed have fit Leonard into this team. Bron is what he is... doesn't look like he's ready to play off the ball for more than a possession or 2 and the truth be told that's been working for us to this point. The consternation about Kuzma and Rondo seems like targets for people that seem to need to have targets.
Rakkasan
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Rakkasan » Sun Dec 8, 2019 5:54 pm

Landsberger wrote:FVV would come here and fill a 22 min a game role off the bench as a back up PG? In that role, on this team as constructed, he's a 12 point guy. Those who think LeBron is handing over the ball handling duties and he starts don't understand or haven't watched the last 10 years of basketball. Part of why everyone wants to trade Kuzma is because of the role he's in now vs last year. It's not regression or lack of progress. He missed camp, finally got a few good games under his belt and had some meaningful runs in games where we needed him. These were followed with him basically being relegated to a corner safety valve. The idea that we bring another guy who's succeeding in a situation that's working for him and he magically makes the opportunity here work like that is like believing in magic.

After watching this season to this point offensively I'm not sure how we'ed have fit Leonard into this team. Bron is what he is... doesn't look like he's ready to play off the ball for more than a possession or 2 and the truth be told that's been working for us to this point. The consternation about Kuzma and Rondo seems like targets for people that seem to need to have targets.

Kyle Kuzma flat out sucks, everytime he even touches the ball he is tripping over his own feet, an accident waiting to happen. The Lakers are exactly the same thing the Cavs were in the East. If Vanvleet can to the Lakers he would definitely start and play more than 22 mins a game.If Lakers think they're going to win a tiltle with Lebron going one on one with PG and Kawhi with no other shot creators or scorers on the floor, they are in for a big surprise. People are complaining about the Clippers load management, they aren't load managing, they are already bored with the regular season and are killing time waiting on the playoffs.While the Lakers are going all out because they have too.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#20 » by Landsberger » Sun Dec 8, 2019 6:13 pm

Rakkasan wrote:
Landsberger wrote:FVV would come here and fill a 22 min a game role off the bench as a back up PG? In that role, on this team as constructed, he's a 12 point guy. Those who think LeBron is handing over the ball handling duties and he starts don't understand or haven't watched the last 10 years of basketball. Part of why everyone wants to trade Kuzma is because of the role he's in now vs last year. It's not regression or lack of progress. He missed camp, finally got a few good games under his belt and had some meaningful runs in games where we needed him. These were followed with him basically being relegated to a corner safety valve. The idea that we bring another guy who's succeeding in a situation that's working for him and he magically makes the opportunity here work like that is like believing in magic.

Kyle Kuzma flat out sucks, everytime he even touches the ball he is tripping over his own feet, an accident waiting to happen. The Lakers are exactly the same thing the Cavs were in the East. If Vanvleet can to the Lakers he would definitely start and play more than 22 mins a game.If Lakers think they're going to win a tiltle with Lebron going one on one with PG and Kawhi with no other shot creators or scorers on the floor, they are in for a big surprise. People are complaining about the Clippers load management, they aren't load managing, they are already bored with the regular season and are killing time waiting on the playoffs.While the Lakers are going all out because they have too.

Well.... If you are trying to convince Laker fans that Love = Davis then you probably shouldn't come back and post here.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers