ImageImageImage

Booker updates and news

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
5
7%
2nd best
9
13%
3rd best
25
37%
4th best
22
32%
5th best
7
10%
 
Total votes: 68

User avatar
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
Posts: 5,451
And1: 5,514
Joined: Dec 24, 2013
Contact:
   

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#581 » by NTB » Sat Nov 9, 2019 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 23,010
And1: 10,953
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#582 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 pm

Damkac wrote:https://www.nba.com/article/2019/11/08/kia-mvp-ladder-week-1-2019-20
Book in the top 10!
Nice to see him finally getting some respect.

Yeah but he's just an empty stats on a bad team guy

:roll: :roll: :roll:
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
cberry78
Junior
Posts: 337
And1: 300
Joined: Apr 21, 2015
 

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#583 » by cberry78 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:51 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Damkac wrote:https://www.nba.com/article/2019/11/08/kia-mvp-ladder-week-1-2019-20
Book in the top 10!
Nice to see him finally getting some respect.

Yeah but he's just an empty stats on a bad team guy

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh come on, it's 2019! The Suns have a winning record! Book's an empty stats guy on good team now.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 23,010
And1: 10,953
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#584 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 pm

cberry78 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Damkac wrote:https://www.nba.com/article/2019/11/08/kia-mvp-ladder-week-1-2019-20
Book in the top 10!
Nice to see him finally getting some respect.

Yeah but he's just an empty stats on a bad team guy

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh come on, it's 2019! The Suns have a winning record! Book's an empty stats guy on good team now.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 11,692
And1: 7,342
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#585 » by Saberestar » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 11,692
And1: 7,342
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#586 » by Saberestar » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:00 am

Bogyo
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,465
And1: 750
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#587 » by Bogyo » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:14 pm

I really like Books athleticism this year. I think he is close to his prime in this regard, but he might have one more small step - I really hope he does. His finishing ability seems to have gotten better in traffic, and I just really love the banging dunks from time to time, those are well timed, dynamic, really fluid moves which seem really natural for him now. I've been waiting for this since his rookie season, and it's finally here!!! I'm all smiles!

(I hope he shows how to achieve this to DeAndre, who could use these type of flushes as an athletic 7 footer.)

Ps.: this post got to be a bit more about dunking than I envisioned when I started typing, but I guess it' OK like this, although the main point is the new-found athleticism (and finally lost baby-fat) of Book, which also helps his D. Just another level for him. All star.
User avatar
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 23,010
And1: 10,953
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: Australia

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#588 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Bogyo wrote:I really like Books athleticism this year. I think he is close to his prime in this regard, but he might have one more small step - I really hope he does. His finishing ability seems to have gotten better in traffic, and I just really love the banging dunks from time to time, those are well timed, dynamic, really fluid moves which seem really natural for him now. I've been waiting for this since his rookie season, and it's finally here!!! I'm all smiles!

(I hope he shows how to achieve this to DeAndre, who could use these type of flushes as an athletic 7 footer.)

Ps.: this post got to be a bit more about dunking than I envisioned when I started typing, but I guess it' OK like this, although the main point is the new-found athleticism (and finally lost baby-fat) of Book, which also helps his D. Just another level for him. All star.

Having fresh legs certainly helps with getting more elevation. I would agree also that his finishing with both hands has gotten even better and I would again attribute that to just being fresher and not having to work so hard on iso possessions just to get a tough, defended pull up shot.

I do love seeing him throwing down these monster dunks! He's always (to me) seemed more like a finesse shooter/crafty finisher at the rim but to now add occasional rim rocker certainly makes him even more fun to watch
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though
Bogyo
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,465
And1: 750
Joined: Jul 29, 2013

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#589 » by Bogyo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:49 pm

I guess he read the forum and liked my comment :D Although his overall game was very subpar against the Nugs, that dunk was 10/10
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 61,452
And1: 34,172
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#590 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:16 pm

2. Which player with better than +1000 odds has the most difficult path to winning MVP?

MacMullan: He's not close to that top group, but just think if Devin Booker were playing for a contending team with another All-Star veteran to support him. We might be giving him more love here. Booker is averaging 24.8 points, shooting nearly 52% from the field, hitting 95% from the line and dishing out 6.1 assists. He also provides great highlight reels. But after a surprising start, the Suns have lost six of their past 10. And since we NBA fans have short attention spans, we're already on to other teams.


https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28171732/nba-mvp-race-doncic-harden-giannis-winning-right-now
alamin330
Senior
Posts: 585
And1: 312
Joined: Sep 30, 2009

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#591 » by alamin330 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:51 pm

Monty doesn’t know how to use Devin
User avatar
Jstock12
General Manager
Posts: 9,336
And1: 16,025
Joined: Jun 24, 2012

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#592 » by Jstock12 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:26 pm

Do you think Booker will sustain the 50/40/90 splits for the season and get into the 50-40-90 club?
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 61,452
And1: 34,172
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#593 » by bwgood77 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:47 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Do you think Booker will sustain the 50/40/90 splits for the season and get into the 50-40-90 club?


Possibly if we are healthy. If we have injuries to other key players often, likely not.
darmani
Pro Prospect
Posts: 760
And1: 830
Joined: Dec 20, 2018
 

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#594 » by darmani » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 11,692
And1: 7,342
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#595 » by Saberestar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 25,529
And1: 11,428
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#596 » by Revived » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am

Read on Twitter


...

Mood:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter


Image
User avatar
Frank Lee
RealGM
Posts: 10,160
And1: 4,324
Joined: Nov 07, 2006

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#597 » by Frank Lee » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:23 pm

May be he's going bowling
What ? Me Worry ?
Saberestar
RealGM
Posts: 11,692
And1: 7,342
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#598 » by Saberestar » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Starter
Posts: 2,016
And1: 558
Joined: Apr 13, 2012

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#599 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 pm

I don't know if this is speculation more than shared inside information. But I just came across this shortly ago. And it's Kellan Olson indicating more or less that Booker's injury is apparently a forearm contusion.
https://arizonasports.com/story/2196696/deandre-ayton-back-to-normal-in-return-shorthanded-suns-fall-to-lac/ .

With that in mind, it was easy to forget there was a game in there to win, one the Suns were without Devin Booker (right forearm contusion), Cam Johnson (left hip soreness) and Tyler Johnson (illness) on the second game of a back-to-back.


Per Google reference:

Most contusions simply require time to heal. Soft tissue contusions can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to heal. Bone contusions take a bit longer — usually one to two months — depending on how severe the injuryis. As you recover, you can follow the RICE protocol to help manage your symptoms.Apr 12, 2018


So let's hope that it's only a muscle contusion that takes only up to a couple of weeks to heal, Rather than a bone contusion that could possibly take months to fully heal. :o
Overlord Stern....."Crushing the teams that oppose the will of the elite Big Market. "All shall fall before the power of the Darkside!
User avatar
Dual
Starter
Posts: 2,047
And1: 1,039
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
 

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#600 » by Dual » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:29 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:I don't know if this is speculation more than shared inside information. But I just came across this shortly ago. And it's Kellan Olson indicating more or less that Booker's injury is apparently a forearm contusion.
https://arizonasports.com/story/2196696/deandre-ayton-back-to-normal-in-return-shorthanded-suns-fall-to-lac/ .

With that in mind, it was easy to forget there was a game in there to win, one the Suns were without Devin Booker (right forearm contusion), Cam Johnson (left hip soreness) and Tyler Johnson (illness) on the second game of a back-to-back.


Per Google reference:

Most contusions simply require time to heal. Soft tissue contusions can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to heal. Bone contusions take a bit longer — usually one to two months — depending on how severe the injuryis. As you recover, you can follow the RICE protocol to help manage your symptoms.Apr 12, 2018


So let's hope that it's only a muscle contusion that takes only up to a couple of weeks to heal, Rather than a bone contusion that could possibly take months to fully heal. :o

If it's going to be months, or we forget about the playoffs or we make a move for a shooter.
After how the team handle the Aytons suspension, maybe playoffs is not in Jones mind after all.
But Jones just said that they are hopeful he comes back on friday.
Is just frustrating how this team inform about injuries, never see something like this in all years I follow the NBA and I dont like it.

Return to Phoenix Suns