ImageImageImageImageImage

Vogel Western Conf. Coach of the Month!!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

XXBKXX
Senior
And1: 253

Vogel Western Conf. Coach of the Month!! 

Post#1 » by XXBKXX » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:29 am

Im glad Vogel is finally getting some recognition for the work hes done so far. After losing the first game of the year, Frank rallied the troops and coached them to the best franchise start for the Lakers (17-2). Frank wasnt the first choice, but just like an undervalued player off the bench, Vogel stayed ready and has taken full advantage of his opportunity. Im convinced more than ever we lucked out on missing on Ty.

Its like night and day watching a seasoned coach in Vogel vs what we had in Luke. Lukes offense was vanilla at best.. and his hockey lineup switches were maddening. Frank thankfully subscribes to staggered substitutions-- having either LBJ or AD on the floor at all times. Our defensive schemes are much better and the ATO sets are next level compared to Lukes.

Frank has done a good job thus far.. interesting to see how he gets everyone to respond to the last loss heading into this tough month..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,094

Re: Vogel Western Conf. Coach of the Month!! 

Post#2 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:54 am

Well we lost vs Mavericks, can we start the fire him chants?

LOL
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#3 » by Beethoven » Tue Dec 3, 2019 4:07 pm

Congrats to Vogel.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#4 » by tamaraw08 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 6:44 pm

XXBKXX wrote:Im glad Vogel is finally getting some recognition for the work hes done so far. After losing the first game of the year, Frank rallied the troops and coached them to the best franchise start for the Lakers (17-2). Frank wasnt the first choice, but just like an undervalued player off the bench, Vogel stayed ready and has taken full advantage of his opportunity. Im convinced more than ever we lucked out on missing on Ty.

Its like night and day watching a seasoned coach in Vogel vs what we had in Luke. Lukes offense was vanilla at best.. and his hockey lineup switches were maddening. Frank thankfully subscribes to staggered substitutions-- having either LBJ or AD on the floor at all times. Our defensive schemes are much better and the ATO sets are next level compared to Lukes.

Frank has done a good job thus far.. interesting to see how he gets everyone to respond to the last loss heading into this tough month..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lakers have the best record after a very light schedule, (26th is strength of schedule (?)) with two superstars fully committed to play defense and play like 35 mins/game. I am not saying Vogel have not done anything to contribute to this team. I like his half game adjustments but there's still issues with this team their over reliance on James and AD.
Luke Walton is no Phil Jackson or Pops but he has done a pretty good job so far, just one more loss compared to 8th place- healthier Suns, missing Fox for 10 games and Bagley for 18 games.
Celtics Ainge said it best, Lakers have a much better chemistry right now compared to last season when the younger players think they were as good a James, this time, there's a clear hierarchy and they are more organized.
Last season, James wasn't as committed on defense, Ball,Rondo, Hart and Ingram missed a ton of games and the trade rumors completely demoralized the team.
Also don't forget Vogel's Orlando Magic was really bad and vastly improved on defense when he left the team.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#5 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:03 pm

Congrats Lebron... Uh.. I mean "Frank Vogel."
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#6 » by Beethoven » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:23 pm

If we beat Milwaukee and win the xmas game, and come out of this month w a winning record, can Vogel repeat as coach of the month? Is that possible technically?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#7 » by iamworthy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Kilroy wrote:Congrats Lebron... Uh.. I mean "Frank Vogel."

:lol:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#8 » by stan francisco » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 am

Vogel and his star studded staff has done well. They were also handed quite the roster.

I’m impressed with his halftime adjustments, too. It’s almost as with the Lakers when Kobe, Shaq, Phil went at it; if we were close or tied at the half, you knew we’d win that game. This almost feels similar.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#9 » by BEazy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 am

So put Luke Walton with this roster and would he have the same results right now? I don't think so. I'll give props to Vogel, because I actually think he's a good coach. Very underrated IMO. At the same time, I also give props to J Kidd and Lionel Hollins. Phil Handy is awesome as well.

As I've said numerous of times, I'm so glad we stayed away from Tyronn Lue. That guy would get pushed around so much with the players we have.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#10 » by Kilroy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:20 am

IDK, every time I see shots of the huddle, it looks to me like LeBron is running it and drawing up plays.

Even if that is just a coincidence, I just don't think you can discount how much influence LeBron has in what's going on, on the court right now... Vogel definitely deserves some credit, but, it's hard for me to give him all of it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#11 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Well deserved, it is nice to have a great coach again since 2010.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#12 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Kilroy wrote:IDK, every time I see shots of the huddle, it looks to me like LeBron is running it and drawing up plays.

Even if that is just a coincidence, I just don't think you can discount how much influence LeBron has in what's going on, on the court right now... Vogel definitely deserves some credit, but, it's hard for me to give him all of it.

Isn’t there some saying to the effect of the coach teaches in practice and the players execute in the game or something like that.
I have heard players interviews where they rave about Vogels methods of teaching in practice and they take it and apply it to games.
Forum permissions