Around the NBA XI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,513

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#241 » by Michael Lucky » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:54 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:Ingram would be a good 6th man scoring option on a contender. Someone who is asked to get buckets when the stars are on the bench, not asked to carry the team all game, not in the game when the stars need someone who is good off the ball and not ball stopping.

Might have been more useful than Kuzma to the Lakers?

Wish this narrative would stop. Lakers had to trade Ingram over Kuzma to get AD or the salaries would never have matched.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#242 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Dec 1, 2019 5:17 pm

Austin Rivers: other Harden there is no player that can score 60 points in 3 quarters?
Kobe says hi!
I mean that is playing now.
Klay Thompson says hi!
AR: oh
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#243 » by Landsberger » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:05 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:Austin Rivers: other Harden there is no player that can score 60 points in 3 quarters?
Kobe says hi!
I mean that is playing now.
Klay Thompson says hi!
AR: oh

What did Booker have at the end of 3 a couple years ago?
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#244 » by bb22 » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:00 pm

Next two games vs Denver and Utah scare me. Both teams are coming home and trying to turn this around after some disappointing basketball. Lakers need to be locked in or else losing 3 in a row is very likely.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#245 » by Kilroy » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:08 pm

I think we're going to drop some games this trip... I might even go so far as to say it's by design. I don't think we honestly want to be working this hard all season... We also haven't been playing that well but muscling out wins and that's bound to bite us.

I think we need to drop a few games in a row to force us to take a good look at who we are and make some adjustments.

I expect a blow-out this trip. Hopefully not against the Clips.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#246 » by Pythagoras » Wed Dec 4, 2019 4:35 am

Westbrook scored 19 points tonight... On 30 shots... 30 shots to score 19 points.

He should get a DNP-CD next game for that garbage.
Numbers rule the universe.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#247 » by iamworthy » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#248 » by Landsberger » Thu Dec 5, 2019 1:20 am

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I watched a few of their early season games.... he also has air balled a couple FT's to the side of the basket again. That is just flat out baffling.... short happens to everyone at least once in a career it seems but to miss the basket entirely to one side from 15' is truly a flawed stroke.

That said I had hoped that getting out of the timeline of LA would change it for him. Looks like it might take more time.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#249 » by iamworthy » Thu Dec 5, 2019 2:04 am

Landsberger wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I watched a few of their early season games.... he also has air balled a couple FT's to the side of the basket again. That is just flat out baffling.... short happens to everyone at least once in a career it seems but to miss the basket entirely to one side from 15' is truly a flawed stroke.

That said I had hoped that getting out of the timeline of LA would change it for him. Looks like it might take more time.

I expected a turnaround as well, I’m not sure what’s going on with him. The talent is there, it’s almost like he has no inner drive.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#250 » by tugs » Thu Dec 5, 2019 6:46 am

Anyone else rooting for the Blazers to get the 8th spot while we're at #1 for a James-Anthony playoffs matchup?
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#251 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Dec 5, 2019 10:53 am

tugs wrote:Anyone else rooting for the Blazers to get the 8th spot while we're at #1 for a James-Anthony playoffs matchup?

Nope. I would like to avoid Dame if possible. Dame + McCollum will be a tough match up for our guards but I'm confident we could still win if we happen to meet them in the playoffs.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#252 » by Landsberger » Fri Dec 6, 2019 2:34 am

The maturing of Devin Booker is surprising to me. He's not a very likable player from a personality standpoint but scoring is up... efficiency is way up... assists are up and senseless chucking and hero ball are down. Being an Azzclown personally is steady however.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#253 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:30 am

iamworthy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I expected a turnaround as well, I’m not sure what’s going on with him. The talent is there, it’s almost like he has no inner drive.

ALMOST? Worthy I'm calling you out on that statement.

Ball had more spotify tracks than he had made free throws last season. He released 21 tracks on Spotify and made 20 free throws all of last season for us. That should tell you about his work ethic right there. He has no inner drive, don't qualify it with "almost like"
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#254 » by kblo247 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:31 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
tugs wrote:Anyone else rooting for the Blazers to get the 8th spot while we're at #1 for a James-Anthony playoffs matchup?

Nope. I would like to avoid Dame if possible. Dame + McCollum will be a tough match up for our guards but I'm confident we could still win if we happen to meet them in the playoffs.

I would love to see Rondo unleashed on those fools with AD again :lol:
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#255 » by iamworthy » Fri Dec 6, 2019 2:36 pm

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

ALMOST? Worthy I'm calling you out on that statement.

Ball had more spotify tracks than he had made free throws last season. He released 21 tracks on Spotify and made 20 free throws all of last season for us. That should tell you about his work ethic right there. He has no inner drive, don't qualify it with "almost like"

:lol: Alright, you got me.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#256 » by Beethoven » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:41 pm

Im so glad we rid of lonzo and Hart per the package both of these non impactful for either team and are basically filler now. Hindsight looking much better in us getting the better deal now as those two are addition by subtraction. (Ingram too somewhat but most would argue against that)
Could care less about the four lottery picks.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#257 » by Landsberger » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:36 am

40 Point beatdown underway on a fully healthy and load managed Clips team tonight....
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#258 » by kid idioteque » Sat Dec 7, 2019 4:22 am

Landsberger wrote:40 Point beatdown underway on a fully healthy and load managed Clips team tonight....

Our pleasure.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#259 » by BEazy » Sat Dec 7, 2019 6:05 am

Its been a looooooong time since I’ve seen an opposing arena’s fans leaving the game early. Kobe and Pau days. Man I love this!

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#260 » by Slava » Sat Dec 7, 2019 11:18 pm

Lonzo with a 1-9 fg 0-7 3 pt performance. I'm so glad we don't have to deal with that dude and his bull. Even Ingram has come back to his usual passive stuff after a hot start.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers