ImageImageImage

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): Up to an estimated $22.6 million, none if Tim Hardaway Jr. opts in.
Two-Way Players: Josh Reaves, Antonius Cleveland
Texas Legends Stats

Exceptions
Trade Exception (Wesley Matthews, expiring 1/31/20) — $1,233,152
Trade Exception (Harrison Barnes, expiring 2/7/20) — $11,825,694

Future draft picks: https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Re: Trade Central 19-20 / cap info (pg.1) 

Post#2 » by bran muffin » Sun Dec 1, 2019 1:43 am

For those unaware about trade rules:

• If the Mavs send out more than $19.6M in contracts, they can receive 125% of that amount back.
  • If the Mavs send out less than $19.6M in contracts, they can receive the amount they sent out plus $5M.
  • The TPE cannot be combined with other contracts to acquire one big contract.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#3 » by 2011Champs » Mon Dec 2, 2019 5:20 am

I hate looking at that graph and being reminded about the salaries for Maxi, Powell and Seth. (Yes, I know I’m a broken record about that)As far as I can tell Mavs were bidding against themselves turning assets into liabilities. All those guys should have the same contract as Dorian Finney Smith.
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#4 » by DJ_3_Ball » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:06 pm

2011Champs wrote:I hate looking at that graph and being reminded about the salaries for Maxi, Powell and Seth. (Yes, I know I’m a broken record about that)As far as I can tell Mavs were bidding against themselves turning assets into liabilities. All those guys should have the same contract as Dorian Finney Smith.

Mavs definitely were not bidding against themselves with Seth Curry. Lakers wanted him. I'm pretty sure POR resigns him for $4 mil. Lakers for damn sure do.

Powell, yes. I don't know of a single other team in the NBA who offers him 4 years for $43 mil. Can't think of an NBA team who offers him 3 years even. No one who offers him more than $15 mil even. Just real bad.

Maxi, all it takes is one other team to force your hand. I don't know. He probably was overpaid, but maybe another team got involved. I don't think Mavs hold onto him for $4 mil a year. 4 years $34 mil for Maxi. There's still a chance he plays up to that contract.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#5 » by arkuo » Mon Dec 2, 2019 7:01 pm

You know what needs to happen in January? Bob Myers and the Warriors need to do the Mavs a solid and send us D'Angelo Russel so Lebron can't get to the finals without going through us. So even from the outside looking in, Steph Curry and the Warriors get to ruin Lebron's year again.

Make it happen!!
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#6 » by Darren » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:15 pm

I think the Mavs has to move on with players who doesn't fit well.

Seth Curry - low PER, 12?
Jalen Brunson - low PER, 11?
Dwight Powell - career low at almost everything except shooting percentage
Tim Hardaway - low PER, 12?
(I think Curry's per will improve with pick-n-roll with Zinger who's having 16 PER right now. Both player could significantly improved. Hardaway has been solid lately as well.

The Mavs should also move players with low usage
Justin Jackson - 15-16 PER, career high with everything
Boban Marjanovic - 18 PER, career average
COurtney Lee - 15-16 PER, career high with everything
Delon Wright - also career high in nearly everything
Isisah Roby - no stats
Ryan Broekhoff - offers enough defense?

The Mavs should find minutes for JJ
Jose Juan Barea - 27 PER, second only Luka

The Mavs should find better usage for Curry and Porzingis.

The Mavs should also work with Kleber, Wright and DFS to help both being more consistent on both end.

Afterall, 1-2 frontcourt defensive piece is needed. Powell and Brunson must be moved. If the Mavs plan to create a Max slot to make a run at FVV, then more players will be involved in trade.
Darren
RealGM

Post#7 » by Darren » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:22 pm

I am a fan of Van Vleet's skills and fit. I think it's good to create rooms for FVV. Potentially, this gives Zinger and pick-n-roll mate and clutch shooter and playmaker. I am all in on this option. Most teams are planning for 2021. I could see the Mavs being able to move nearly all players mentioned above. That's not much suitors for FVV.

Toronto - Lowry? No bird right. UFA.
LAC - Beverely. No good role
LAL - might be a good option. But could LAL offers a Max slot and potentially a career changing option? It depends on the speculations on Lebron's twight years and AD's thought.

To be sure, if the Mavs creates a max slot, then AD will definitely consider playing in Dallas as well.
Darren
RealGM

Post#8 » by Darren » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:27 pm

For example, Powell and Brunson to Pheonix for Diallo and expiring contract or prospects is fine. Pheonix is still searching for rotation PG. Powell offers some shooting and rim rolling to Pheonix. Diallo, meanwhile, provides a little ore athleticism and defense. I will also do Diallo and filler for Brunson and filler deal. The Mavs should be desperately to fix the frontcourt issue and find minutes for Barea.and other players.
Darren
RealGM

Post#9 » by Darren » Tue Dec 3, 2019 3:32 pm

Trading for Ibaka and FVV is another option when opportunities appear. The Mavs might not have much to offer. But things might change due to FVV's UFA status.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#10 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:03 pm

What do you guys think Brunson's worth is?

Asking as an outsider (lakers fan)

What are your main needs rn and who are some targets?

I know a 3 and d wing is a need correct
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#11 » by JamesConway » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

A lot of talk about Powell's positive impact on our ORTg due to his rim running abilities. Tristan Thompson seems like a player who should be able to fill out the roll man-role, too, while also providing an upgrade inside.

'15-'16: 91st percentile as a PnR rollman
'16-'17: 79th percentile as a PnR rollman
17-'18: 81st percentile as a PnR rollman

Then LeBron left CLE and his numbers took a hit:

- '18-'19: 61st percentile as a PnR rollman
- '19-'20: 35th percentile as a PnR rollman

==> Imo his dip here in PnR-plays is explainable and I'd expect him to bounce back to his older numbers quickly once he plays with a better PG than the kids CLE has at that position.

On the boards Thompson has a higher TRB% and his On-Off-numbers on the boards are also a big plus in comparison to Powell.

I think he is the big man-target who makes the most sense a) stylistically and b) should be within our reach asset-wise without depleting our rotation too much. CLE has a high payroll for a lottery squad and he will be an UFA next summer. Seems like an ideal fit as a trade target for the Lee-contract. Maybe throw in a 2nd round pick and another minimum-guy to make the numbers work (Broekhoff would be enough) and you should be there already.

PF: Porzingis | Kleber
C: Thompson | Powell

would be a heck of a frontcourt with two good rim runners as well as two floor spacers.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#12 » by Imon » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:31 pm

JamesConway wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

A lot of talk about Powell's positive impact on our ORTg due to his rim running abilities. Tristan Thompson seems like a player who should be able to fill out the roll man-role, too, while also providing an upgrade inside.

'15-'16: 91st percentile as a PnR rollman
'16-'17: 79th percentile as a PnR rollman
17-'18: 81st percentile as a PnR rollman

Then LeBron left CLE and his numbers took a hit:

- '18-'19: 61st percentile as a PnR rollman
- '19-'20: 35th percentile as a PnR rollman

==> Imo his dip here in PnR-plays is explainable and I'd expect him to bounce back to his older numbers quickly once he plays with a better PG than the kids CLE has at that position.

On the boards Thompson has a higher TRB% and his On-Off-numbers on the boards are also a big plus in comparison to Powell.

I think he is the big man-target who makes the most sense a) stylistically and b) should be within our reach asset-wise without depleting our rotation too much. CLE has a high payroll for a lottery squad and he will be an UFA next summer. Seems like an ideal fit as a trade target for the Lee-contract. Maybe throw in a 2nd round pick and another minimum-guy to make the numbers work (Broekhoff would be enough) and you should be there already.

PF: Porzingis | Kleber
C: Thompson | Powell

would be a heck of a frontcourt with two good rim runners as well as two floor spacers.

The most surprising thing about this Powell stat is that it shows RC uses analytics. :lol:

I mean, I'm half joking. RC has never been the type of guy to publicly brush off analytics but I've never totally gotten the feeling that he has embraced it either. I guess there is a good balance between old-fashioned basketball knowledge and NBA numbers crunchers.
bran muffin
Starter

Post#13 » by bran muffin » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:22 pm

nzahir wrote:What do you guys think Brunson's worth is?

The Mavs see him strictly as a backup, like they saw J.J. Barea. He's valuable mostly because he's a solid backup under a minimum salary for 3 years. He is the only backup point guard on the roster, so I doubt the Mavs are looking to move him.

As for the Mavs needs: a 3-and-D shooting guard like Danny Green is top priority. A stretch PF/C like Olynyk is probably their second priority. They tried to get those two guys over the summer and failed.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#14 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:33 pm

bran muffin wrote:

The Mavs see him strictly as a backup, like they saw J.J. Barea. He's valuable mostly because he's a solid backup under a minimum salary for 3 years. He is the only backup point guard on the roster, so I doubt the Mavs are looking to move him.

As for the Mavs needs: a 3-and-D shooting guard like Danny Green is top priority. A stretch PF/C like Olynyk is probably their second priority. They tried to get those two guys over the summer and failed.

What are JJ and Delon considered?

You guys have Maxi and Powell who can stretch the floor though?
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#15 » by dirkforpres » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:40 pm

Brunson is here to take pressure off of Luka playing PG the entire game... I think his ceiling is as a potential 6MOY candidate down the road, but I think all signs point to him being a likely trade candidate if an all star becomes available... which answers your 2nd question. The easy money target is on Andre Drummond. Dallas needs help at the 5 spot and the Pistons are in a tailspin and need youth... Brunson/Lee/Powell and picks is probably Dallas’ offer but I’m not sure that gets it done... I can guarantee Dallas will go after Hernangomez from Charlotte eventually... they tried to get him last year and didn’t get it done, but he isn’t playing there at all, is one of Luka’s best friends, and provides help at C. Easy match
FIRE JASON KIDD
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,766

Post#16 » by Archx » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:41 pm

bran muffin wrote:

Would rather add someone like Baynes. Strong center who can protect the rim effectively and is not afraid of contact. Remember, defense is still a problem in tougher matchups. Also don't forget that this team has 4 PG's, but Brunson should be a priority moving forward over Barea. I think he can still improve drastically.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#17 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:41 pm

dirkforpres wrote:

Brunson is here to take pressure off of Luka playing PG the entire game... I think his ceiling is as a potential 6MOY candidate down the road, but I think all signs point to him being a likely trade candidate if an all star becomes available... which answers your 2nd question. The easy money target is on Andre Drummond. Dallas needs help at the 5 spot and the Pistons are in a tailspin and need youth... Brunson/Lee/Powell and picks is probably Dallas’ offer but I’m not sure that gets it done... I can guarantee Dallas will go after Hernangomez from Charlotte eventually... they tried to get him last year and didn’t get it done, but he isn’t playing there at all, is one of Luka’s best friends, and provides help at C. Easy match

You guys really need a 5? Why spend all that money at the C position? Shouldn't Kristaps be playing small ball 5 anyways, or you guys don't think so.

I thought Powell and Maxi are pretty good fits. Drummond takes up space in the paint for Luka
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,796

Post#18 » by dirkforpres » Tue Dec 3, 2019 11:52 pm

nzahir wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:

You guys really need a 5? Why spend all that money at the C position? Shouldn't Kristaps be playing small ball 5 anyways, or you guys don't think so.

I thought Powell and Maxi are pretty good fits. Drummond takes up space in the paint for Luka

Right now we have Powell starting at center... KP plays mostly PF, at least on offense, and I think that’s where Carlisle is most comfortable with him. Getting a guy like Drummond opens up the championship window for Dallas immediately and also gives Luka a lob threat... All the while, not compromising any of our precious 2021 cap space. In all likelihood, it’s probably just me daydreaming too much - Dallas messed up already once before- breaking up the leagues #1 offense to trade for Rajon Rondo... so I doubt they do anything like that again so soon
FIRE JASON KIDD
bran muffin
Starter

Post#19 » by bran muffin » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:04 am

nzahir wrote:What are JJ and Delon considered?

Delon completely slipped my mind, lol. The Mavs probably see JJ as more of a coach at this point in his career.

nzahir wrote:You guys have Maxi and Powell who can stretch the floor though?

The Mavs already had KP, Maxi, and Powell on the roster when they tried to swing a trade for Olynyk. So they obviously want another stretch big.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#20 » by arkuo » Wed Dec 4, 2019 5:15 am

bran muffin wrote:
nzahir wrote:You guys have Maxi and Powell who can stretch the floor though?

The Mavs already had KP, Maxi, and Powell on the roster when they tried to swing a trade for Olynyk. So they obviously want another stretch big.

I have a feeling that deal was low key hinged on getting Derrick Jones Jr. He's the guy that can dunk from the FT line and plays above the rim.

You see our analytics numbers and how Luka is most effective with a rim runner? This Jones kid can dunk looking down at the rim. He adds a facet to the game that we currently dont have.

Return to Dallas Mavericks