ImageImageImageImageImage

What is your ideal lineup for the 2020 season if you had it your way?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Re: What is your ideal lineup for the 2020 season if you had it your way? 

Post#81 » by cdubbz » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:43 am

clyde21 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
that why I said we trade down, grab a wing and pick up extra assets. I'd rather use that than spend a top5 pick on a back up PG. what's the logic there?

He’s a stud. I see what you’re saying but I’d rather have a top 5 prospect on the team than a late lottery pick plus thrown in assets (depends on what) but in my scenario we got our bigs covered, guards covered and yes the major hole is SF but grabbing a FA SF won’t be difficult.

doesn't really matter how much of a stud he is if he's going to be relegated to the bench while we leave a monstrous hole in the middle of our lienup

Relax it’s just a post. But that’s my lineup with hopes of landing a small forward in free agency. Trevor Arica or someone to soak up 20min and do some 3&D.

Also our bench unit has been awful so having an elite rookie prospect coming off the bench helps a ton. Warriors lack the scoring off the bench
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#82 » by clyde21 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 1:00 am

cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
He’s a stud. I see what you’re saying but I’d rather have a top 5 prospect on the team than a late lottery pick plus thrown in assets (depends on what) but in my scenario we got our bigs covered, guards covered and yes the major hole is SF but grabbing a FA SF won’t be difficult.

doesn't really matter how much of a stud he is if he's going to be relegated to the bench while we leave a monstrous hole in the middle of our lienup

Relax it’s just a post. But that’s my lineup with hopes of landing a small forward in free agency. Trevor Arica or someone to soak up 20min and do some 3&D.

Also our bench unit has been awful so having an elite rookie prospect coming off the bench helps a ton. Warriors lack the scoring off the bench

ok but pretty bad use of resources IMO
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#83 » by cdubbz » Wed Dec 4, 2019 4:35 am

clyde21 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

ok but pretty bad use of resources IMO

Meh. You have hopes of trading down for a rookie plus assets. That’s nice and all but WHO will be better than Cole Anthony? drafting a top talent never seems like bad use of resources
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#84 » by freypies » Thu Dec 5, 2019 8:54 am

A super fun, injury prone, we-can-worry-about-fit-later, and probably not very realistic, team for next year:

Current core players:
Curry, Klay, Draymond, D'Angelo, Looney, Paschall

Additional core players:
Wiseman
Gallinari (he said he's looking for a title instead of money in free agency, we may be able to use our trade exception on him)
Marc Gasol (wishful thinking, but MLE)
Iguodala

Others:
Bowman, Spellman, Chriss, Smailagic, Poole ( :( )

G: Curry/DLo/Bowman
G: Klay/DLo/Poole
F: Gallinari/Paschall/Iguodala/Smailagic
F: Draymond/Looney/Spellman/Chriss/Paschall/Smailagic
C: Wiseman/Gasol/Looney/Spellman/Chriss

Lol, is this even remotely possible? :D Would be epic though.

Curry, Klay, Draymond, D'Angelo, Gasol, Looney, Gallinari, Iguodala are all players who can play in crunch time minutes. And that's not including if Wiseman and Paschall are revelations next year and can do the same. I don't know if this can happen, but this would most definitely be my absolute favorite Warriors lineup if it did indeed transpire.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#85 » by Mylie10 » Thu Dec 5, 2019 11:52 am

freypies wrote:A super fun, injury prone, we-can-worry-about-fit-later, and probably not very realistic, team for next year:

Current core players:
Curry, Klay, Draymond, D'Angelo, Looney, Paschall

Additional core players:
Wiseman
Gallinari (he said he's looking for a title instead of money in free agency, we may be able to use our trade exception on him)
Marc Gasol (wishful thinking, but MLE)
Iguodala

Others:
Bowman, Spellman, Chriss, Smailagic, Poole ( :( )

G: Curry/DLo/Bowman
G: Klay/DLo/Poole
F: Gallinari/Paschall/Iguodala/Smailagic
F: Draymond/Looney/Spellman/Chriss/Paschall/Smailagic
C: Wiseman/Gasol/Looney/Spellman/Chriss

Lol, is this even remotely possible? :D Would be epic though.

Curry, Klay, Draymond, D'Angelo, Gasol, Looney, Gallinari, Iguodala are all players who can play in crunch time minutes. And that's not including if Wiseman and Paschall are revelations next year and can do the same. I don't know if this can happen, but this would most definitely be my absolute favorite Warriors lineup if it did indeed transpire.

Gallinari makes more than our exception so he can't be a candidate. The player has to make less than 17 mil
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#86 » by HiRez » Thu Dec 5, 2019 10:47 pm

cdubbz wrote:In this scenario I Draft Cole Anthony because we trade for Drummond.

I don’t think you get Drummond without including that pick (or someone we don’t want to send like Paschall). Would be ideal if we could, but I doubt it.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#87 » by xdrta+ » Thu Dec 5, 2019 10:55 pm

HiRez wrote:
cdubbz wrote:In this scenario I Draft Cole Anthony because we trade for Drummond.

I don’t think you get Drummond without including that pick (or someone we don’t want to send like Paschall). Would be ideal if we could, but I doubt it.

I must have missed something on trading for Drummond. You're going to trade for a guy who's going to be a FA next summer?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#88 » by HiRez » Thu Dec 5, 2019 11:05 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
HiRez wrote:

I must have missed something on trading for Drummond. You're going to trade for a guy who's going to be a FA next summer?

Sign & trade (DLo+), since we can’t afford a FA. Yes, it’s wishful thinking.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#89 » by xdrta+ » Thu Dec 5, 2019 11:19 pm

HiRez wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
HiRez wrote:I don’t think you get Drummond without including that pick (or someone we don’t want to send like Paschall). Would be ideal if we could, but I doubt it.

S&T means hard-capped again next season. I doubt the FO wants to go through that again, but maybe, who knows. I was in the Detroit area his rookie season and saw a bunch of his games. I really thought he was going to be a great one, but he never quite got over the hump. He'd look good on the Warriors, for sure.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#90 » by killmongrel » Fri Dec 6, 2019 6:42 am

xdrta+ wrote:
HiRez wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

S&T means hard-capped again next season. I doubt the FO wants to go through that again, but maybe, who knows. I was in the Detroit area his rookie season and saw a bunch of his games. I really thought he was going to be a great one, but he never quite got over the hump. He'd look good on the Warriors, for sure.

So if Drummond opts in, and we try to trade for him using DLO in the summer, that would hardcap us? If that's the case, then hell no. I don't really want Drummond in the first place. I think the best way to get a good center is by either using the TPE bundled with a bunch of second round picks that we gain by trading Burks and WCS this season. Or we just hope we can get a decent one using the MLE and depend on Green and Looney closing out games at the 5 as usual. I don't think we need to gamble so much.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#91 » by xdrta+ » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:01 am

killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
HiRez wrote:Sign & trade (DLo+), since we can’t afford a FA. Yes, it’s wishful thinking.

So if Drummond opts in, and we try to trade for him using DLO in the summer, that would hardcap us? If that's the case, then hell no. I don't really want Drummond in the first place. I think the best way to get a good center is by either using the TPE bundled with a bunch of second round picks that we gain by trading Burks and WCS this season. Or we just hope we can get a decent one using the MLE and depend on Green and Looney closing out games at the 5 as usual. I don't think we need to gamble so much.

Well, that's a little different. The previous post said sign and trade, that would hard cap us, (a team receiving a player in sign and trade is hard capped), but if he simply opted in for his $28M then it would be a regular trade. That's what Chris Paul did when he went to Houston. Of course, he'd be on a 1 year contract (the option year.)
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#92 » by killmongrel » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:10 am

xdrta+ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Well, that's a little different. The previous post said sign and trade, that would hard cap us, (a team receiving a player in sign and trade is hard capped), but if he simply opted in for his $28M then it would be a regular trade. That's what Chris Paul did when he went to Houston. Of course, he'd be on a 1 year contract (the option year.)
Okay, I see.

One of the options I'm really digging is using the TPE+ a second round pick for a player like Dedmon. Dedmon would be on his second year of his new deal and his 3rd year only 1m guaranteed.

Or we do the TPE+2021 1st round pick for a player like Valanciunas.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#93 » by Bayside » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:10 am

xdrta+ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

I cant recall what thread but early into the season. Like game 2. I brought this up. If you screen players with contracts around DLO's 27 mil, and going into free agency with an option year this is the candidate. Management would have models more sophisticated and more numerous. This one just seemed like even a layman could see. I have not brought it up since, but the modeling seems interesting for sure.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#94 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 8:48 pm

The draft pick packaged with Russell and swapping picks to trade back might be our best option.

Trade Russell and the lottery pick for Holiday and the Pelicans lottery pick. (Let’s them move up to grab whomever, we trade back).

We trade down in the draft and take Paul Reed.

Trade the TPE for Valancunas.

Sign Bellinelli with the MLE.

Bring back Iguodala.

C Valancunas, Looney, Spellman
PF Green, Paschall, Smailagic
SF Thompson, Igoudola, Reed
SG Holiday, Bellinelli, Poole
PG Curry, Bowman, Evans

We play an offensive lineup that you cannot defend and surround a big offensive center with stout defenders. We run a two guard lineup only with an all-nba defender instead of Russell. We draft the top defender who fills a need in the draft, bring back Igoudola as insurance. Bring in Bellinelli who is the top MLE caliber shooter. Swap any starter with the backup for rest days and injuries and we still win games. Tons of great lineup combinations.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#95 » by Samurai » Fri Dec 6, 2019 9:21 pm

killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Okay, I see.

One of the options I'm really digging is using the TPE+ a second round pick for a player like Dedmon. Dedmon would be on his second year of his new deal and his 3rd year only 1m guaranteed.

Or we do the TPE+2021 1st round pick for a player like Valanciunas.

Again, given his history I would not pursue Dedmon unless Curry says he is OK with it.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#96 » by Mylie10 » Fri Dec 6, 2019 10:00 pm

Curry
Klay
Covington (Minny trade)
Draymond
Looney

Bowman
Anthony Edwards (Draft Pick)
Paul Reed (Minny pick)
Paschall
Spellman

Smiley, Reddick(TPE), R. Lopez (MLE), Poole, Chriss

So to make this happen the Minny deal would be Russell and Jacob Evans for Covington, Teague, and their first rounder.

Teague expires, but he is used to make money work. Other option is for Dieng to be used, but he would be another 17 mil on the book The following year, and it would be tough to deal him for equal value. Covington makes 11 mil this year, and 12 next. So our slot for next year is only 12 mil. We also get their 1st round pick, who I've targeted Paul Reed for. Legit defender and up and coming offensive player. SF/PF, but I've got him targeted for small forward in the NBA. Elite shot blocker.

We need to deal Burks for a 2nd rounder, and Willie Cauley Stein for a 2nd rounder. These may be use to help sweeten a potential TPE trade.

For the TPE I go with JJ Reddick. He's at 13.4 this year and 13 next year. He would add big time shooting to the bench, and a guy who can fill in at starter if needed. We'd most likely need those 2nd round picks to get the Pelicans to buy in.

With the MLE I'm thinking center. Unless we get Wiseman instead of Edwards, I think Robin Lopez would be solid as a starter or bench center. We also have other guys like Looney, Spellman, etc. Who can play center as well. It doesn't have to be Lopez, but he's a solid veteran who plays solid defense.

Mostly just spit balling here at this very early juncture.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#97 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Dec 8, 2019 12:17 pm

D-Lo + Evans for Winslow + Johnson

TPE + early lottery pick for Fournier + late lottery to select Maldeon

MLE for Meyers Leonard

Bring back Igoudola

C Leonard, Looney, Spellman
PF Green, Johnson, Smailagic
SF Paschall, Winslow, Igoudola
SG Thompson, Fournier, Poole
PG Curry, Bowman, Maldeon

Return to Golden State Warriors