ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#901 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:05 am

Mylie10 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Vucevic out 4 weeks, hmmm :wink:

WCS to Magic for 2024 2nd rd pick? Or are we aiming for 2020 2nd? Don't wanna ask for too much cause still want them to take our calls later in case we're dealing Dlo.

All I want from Orlando for Willie is 2 free passes to Disney World.

I kind of agree. I don’t know if an asset can be extracted for WCS, given that he’s an expiring, and not offering much. But right now, he’d be the guy I’d be looking to move - I’m stunned to say this, but I’d rather see Chris’s stick around, and we need to dump something to sign Bowman to a standard deal, or he’ll be sitting in the G-League for a couple of months when we simply need a PG somewhere......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#902 » by cdubbz » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:04 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
azwfan wrote:WCS to Magic for 2024 2nd rd pick? Or are we aiming for 2020 2nd? Don't wanna ask for too much cause still want them to take our calls later in case we're dealing Dlo.

All I want from Orlando for Willie is 2 free passes to Disney World.

I kind of agree. I don’t know if an asset can be extracted for WCS, given that he’s an expiring, and not offering much. But right now, he’d be the guy I’d be looking to move - I’m stunned to say this, but I’d rather see Chris’s stick around, and we need to dump something to sign Bowman to a standard deal, or he’ll be sitting in the G-League for a couple of months when we simply need a PG somewhere......

WCS is part of my package for Drummond and Morris! He will be their Center haha
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#903 » by cdubbz » Wed Dec 4, 2019 7:54 pm

How exactly does the trade exception work? The Iggy TE is $17million — I’m guessing we can just trade that for a player of $17mil contract? Or pair it with another players salary for a trade correct?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#904 » by xdrta+ » Wed Dec 4, 2019 8:07 pm

cdubbz wrote:How exactly does the trade exception work? The Iggy TE is $17million — I’m guessing we can just trade that for a player of $17mil contract? Or pair it with another players salary for a trade correct?

Trade exceptions are never traded. A TE is an exception to the cap that allows a team to go over the cap in order to take back more salary than they send out. In this case, $17M more, so the Warriors could trade a draft pick ($0) for up to a $17M player even though they're over the cap. You can only use it for trades or to claim someone off waivers.

In theory, this is the completion of the Iguodala trade, known as a non-simultaneous trade. They have one year to complete the trade. Hope this helps.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#905 » by killmongrel » Wed Dec 4, 2019 8:08 pm

cdubbz wrote:How exactly does the trade exception work? The Iggy TE is $17million — I’m guessing we can just trade that for a player of $17mil contract? Or pair it with another players salary for a trade correct?
If a team for whatever reason doesn't want to keep a player, the Warriors can make a deal to take that player and get them off the other team's books without having to send over salary. It's like an MLE except we can't use it on free agents. In other words, we'd be taking a salary that has been considered undesirable. Doesn't mean there aren't any good players to possibly sign using the TPE, but it's tricky. We may have to incentivize the deal with a pick or picks. We can use as much of the TPE to match a salary, or as little. We just can't bundle it with another salary if the player we want makes more than 17m.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#906 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 4, 2019 8:58 pm

killmongrel wrote:
If a team for whatever reason doesn't want to keep a player, the Warriors can make a deal to take that player and get them off the other team's books without having to send over salary. It's like an MLE except we can't use it on free agents. In other words, we'd be taking a salary that has been considered undesirable. Doesn't mean there aren't any good players to possibly sign using the TPE, but it's tricky. We may have to incentivize the deal with a pick or picks. We can use as much of the TPE to match a salary, or as little. We just can't bundle it with another salary if the player we want makes more than 17m.

Also CDubbz,

You can break the 17 mil exception into two players. For instance you can do a deal for a guy making 8 mil, and then a separate deal for a another guy up to 9 mil. They just can't be combined into one deal.

So if you find two different players whose salary fits under the 17 mil it can really help you fill our your roster.

But like others have said the incentive to do this is not great without the Warriors adding picks or future picks to the deal.

And we only have one week in the summer to get it done.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#907 » by azwfan » Sat Dec 7, 2019 3:35 am

Burks was traded for a 1st rd pick last year. He's playing better this year.
Could probably get a 1st for GR3 at this point also.
WCS... someone please take him.

Get to work Bob.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#908 » by BW32 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 7:20 am

azwfan wrote:Burks was traded for a 1st rd pick last year. He's playing better this year.

Get to work Bob.

Burks expiring contract was traded for taking an extra year on Brandon Knight, Burks himself was maybe worth a second tho I would bet he was worthless.

Truth is meh role players don't go for firsts, trades like that usually involve eating some garbage contract with an extra year to get a first and we obviously can't do that since those players make peanuts and we are also hard capped.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#909 » by cpower » Sat Dec 7, 2019 4:18 pm

We need to make trades for next year now. 25 games in and we are not getting better defensively, we need help
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#910 » by Samurai » Sat Dec 7, 2019 5:50 pm

cpower wrote:We need to make trades for next year now. 25 games in and we are not getting better defensively, we need help

Why make a trade now? If our defense is bad, that helps our tanking efforts to get a higher draft pick for next year; if we improve our defense now, then it increases the chance to win more games this season which would hurt our draft position. Seems to make a lot more sense to make a trade in the off-season to let our tank roll this season and then build the best team we can, offensively and defensively, to compete next season.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#911 » by azwfan » Sat Dec 7, 2019 6:16 pm

BW32 wrote:
azwfan wrote:Burks was traded for a 1st rd pick last year. He's playing better this year.

Get to work Bob.

Burks expiring contract was traded for taking an extra year on Brandon Knight, Burks himself was maybe worth a second tho I would bet he was worthless.

Truth is meh role players don't go for firsts, trades like that usually involve eating some garbage contract with an extra year to get a first and we obviously can't do that since those players make peanuts and we are also hard capped.

Such a buzz kill. :lol:

You're right though. Mainly just want WCS gone - but if that isn't easy enough hoping we can get something worthwhile for Burks / GR3.

In other news, after watching a few SCW games (honestly only a pieces of a few games), I'm thinking its going to be Juan Toscano Anderson or Devyn Marble for the other 2-way spot after we get Bowman on a NBA deal. Both seem to be very... g league... but I like their defensive acumen and hustle. Not sure either is worth a damn offensively... though i'd say Marble is easily ahead of JTA on that side of the floor - with JTA being the better defender. I don't think either has much of a future in the NBA, but they should both be more entertaining (at least for a few games) than WCS.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cpower
RealGM

Post#912 » by cpower » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:28 am

looks like Covington will get traded soon, he is drawing massive attention right now...If we don't pull the trigger now it will be very difficult to find someone as good fit as he is ..
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#913 » by xdrta+ » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:38 am

I hope they wait until summer to trade Russell. Package him with a high draft pick and get real talent. Covington doesn't do it for me.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#914 » by killmongrel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:58 am

cpower wrote:looks like Covington will get traded soon, he is drawing massive attention right now...If we don't pull the trigger now it will be very difficult to find someone as good fit as he is ..
Why do you say that? Also, I won't lose any sleep if Covington gets traded. He's not worth giving up DLo.
cpower
RealGM

Post#915 » by cpower » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 am

xdrta+ wrote:I hope they wait until summer to trade Russell. Package him with a high draft pick and get real talent. Covington doesn't do it for me.

tell me who is the real talent that makes us a contender again?
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#916 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:39 am

cpower wrote:looks like Covington will get traded soon, he is drawing massive attention right now...If we don't pull the trigger now it will be very difficult to find someone as good fit as he is ..

Covington+FRP+filler for Dlo would be a sweet deal.
cpower
RealGM

Post#917 » by cpower » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:41 am

ahmetmekin wrote:

too bad people dont look at fit and chemistry instead look for "scorers and stars"
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#918 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:45 am

cpower wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:

too bad people dont look at fit and chemistry instead look for "scorers and stars"

A legit SF (considering KD and Iggy are gone at the same time) is obligatory to be a real contender. Pretty much all better options are either superstars or rising stars. If they don't get Covington soon they will most likely get a worse player in summer.
cpower
RealGM

Post#919 » by cpower » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:27 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
cpower wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:Covington+FRP+filler for Dlo would be a sweet deal.

A legit SF (considering KD and Iggy are gone at the same time) is obligatory to be a real contender. Pretty much all better options are either superstars or rising stars. If they don't get Covington soon they will most likely get a worse player in summer.

or we end up with DLO/Curry/Klay lineup would pretty much guarantee the worst defense in the league, next year DLO's value will be worse and Curry is 33. I think the era is over either way unless you get Giannis
BballIntellect
Junior
And1: 151

Post#920 » by BballIntellect » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:32 pm

cpower wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
cpower wrote:too bad people dont look at fit and chemistry instead look for "scorers and stars"

or we end up with DLO/Curry/Klay lineup would pretty much guarantee the worst defense in the league, next year DLO's value will be worse and Curry is 33. I think the era is over either way unless you get Giannis

We won't be the worst defense. Probably bottom 10 tho. And why would Dlo's value be worse next year?

Return to Golden State Warriors