ImageImageImage

OT: Inter Miami Club de Futbol

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

OT: Inter Miami Club de Futbol 

Post#1 » by 50CalClips » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:18 am

Officially, "Club International de Futbol Miami," will be entering MLS in 2020 (along with Nashville SC).

I gotta say, they nailed it. This feels like it'll succeed.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,891

Re: OT: Inter Miami Club de Futbol 

Post#2 » by eddieheatfan » Wed Dec 4, 2019 12:30 am

50CalClips wrote:Officially, "Club International de Futbol Miami," will be entering MLS in 2020 (along with Nashville SC).

I gotta say, they nailed it. This feels like it'll succeed.

my dad should be thrilled about this since he is a soccer fan but as for now he only follows FC barcelona
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#3 » by Dr_Heat » Wed Dec 4, 2019 1:44 am

Let’s go Inter Miami

:rock:
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#4 » by 50CalClips » Wed Dec 4, 2019 2:03 am

Was never really into "Soccer", growing up... but for some reason Los Angeles Football Club has taken hold of my fandom. Ever since then, I've been catching up on -Soccer- Football as much as I can.

It's just been a fun time following LAFC and MLS (and world Football). The -fan- supporters culture adds so much to the whole experience.

P.S. F&ck the NFL
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#5 » by 50CalClips » Wed Dec 4, 2019 2:08 am

The World's Game...

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#6 » by goodboy » Wed Dec 4, 2019 3:23 am

gom should be all over this
Bright
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran
And1: 5,417

Post#7 » by El Alonzo scowl » Thu Dec 5, 2019 1:09 am

Sorry but I only have enough willpower to follow one crappy fútbol league and that's the Ecuadorean league. Chucha de tu madre soy amarillo hasta la muerte, dale Barcelona!
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#8 » by 50CalClips » Fri Dec 6, 2019 3:15 am

Happy to welcome Inter Miami CF to the League for their first game ever...

2020 schedules announced today. Opening Weekend matches:

Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020
    D.C. United vs. Colorado Rapids, 1 p.m. (Audi Field)
    Montreal Impact vs. New England Revolution, 3 p.m. (Olympic Stadium)
    Houston Dynamo vs. LA Galaxy, 3:30 p.m. (BBVA Stadium)
    San Jose Earthquakes vs. Toronto FC, 5:30 p.m. (Avaya Stadium)
    FC Dallas vs. Philadelphia Union, 6 p.m. (Toyota Stadium)
    Orlando City SC vs. Real Salt Lake, 6 p.m. (Exploria Stadium)
    Nashville SC vs. Atlanta United, 8 p.m. (Nissan Stadium)
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Sporting Kansas City, 10:30 p.m. (BC Place)

Sunday, March 1, 2020
    Columbus Crew SC vs. New York City FC, 12:30 p.m. (MAPFRE Stadium)
    New York Red Bulls vs. FC Cincinnati, 1 p.m. (Red Bull Arena)
    Seattle Sounders FC vs. Chicago Fire FC, 3 p.m. (CenturyLink Field)
    Los Angeles Football Club vs. Inter Miami CF, 5:30 p.m. (Banc of California Stadium)
    Portland Timbers vs. Minnesota United FC, 7:30 p.m. (Providence Park)

If there could be such a thing, it'd be cool if L.A. vs Miami could develop into a "cross-conference," bi-coastal rivalry.

LAFC.com - December 5, 2019
    Just a few days ago, Inter Miami co-owner Jorge Mas was recorded telling his team’s supporters, “Everybody talks about LAFC and the 3252 but the 305 here, you gotta make it rock.” Now they’ll get their chance to see what everybody’s talking about up close and personal. And maybe there will be some more home opener magic waiting for them.

50CalClips
Rookie

Post#9 » by 50CalClips » Fri Dec 6, 2019 3:25 am

El Alonzo scowl wrote:Sorry but I only have enough willpower to follow one crappy fútbol league and that's the Ecuadorean league. Chucha de tu madre soy amarillo hasta la muerte, dale Barcelona!

Being an FIU "Football" fan draws all the willpower out of ya, does it?

(;

Kiddin ya, but really it could be a fun time if you just buy in, and not focus on the fact that MLS is not a world-class league (yet).
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran

Post#10 » by El Alonzo scowl » Fri Dec 6, 2019 5:45 am

50CalClips wrote:
El Alonzo scowl wrote:Sorry but I only have enough willpower to follow one crappy fútbol league and that's the Ecuadorean league. Chucha de tu madre soy amarillo hasta la muerte, dale Barcelona!

(;

Kiddin ya, but really it could be a fun time if you just buy in, and not focus on the fact that MLS is not a world-class league (yet).

What part of hasta la muerte do you not understand? If Barcelona Sporting Club played Inter Miami I'd hope Barcelona puts five behind them and I'd be sitting in the stadium with La Sur Oscura.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#11 » by 50CalClips » Fri Dec 6, 2019 7:53 pm

El Alonzo scowl wrote:
50CalClips wrote:

(;

What part of hasta la muerte do you not understand? If Barcelona Sporting Club played Inter Miami I'd hope Barcelona puts five behind them and I'd be sitting in the stadium with La Sur Oscura.

Different leagues, different hemispheres... you can have more than one team. Inter Miami could just be your "adopted" team.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#12 » by Joel Embust » Fri Dec 6, 2019 11:16 pm

Man I love the club logo's and color scheme.
El Alonzo scowl
Veteran

Post#13 » by El Alonzo scowl » Sat Dec 7, 2019 12:06 pm

50CalClips wrote:Different leagues, different hemispheres... you can have more than one team. Inter Miami could just be your "adopted" team.

Gross
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#14 » by 50CalClips » Sat Dec 7, 2019 5:36 pm

HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#15 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 7:24 pm

Not gonna lie, I've never been a huge soccer fan. Was never a huge part of my culture or upbringing.

However I was at UCF about 5 years ago when this Orlando City madness started, and although I was never a huge OC fan, I started to watch a little bit more.

From the second this Inter Miami team was announced, I've been all in. I am SOOOO pumped to be at the game in March, to get season tickets to the inaugural season and to try to get my family and friends to go with me knowing they'll love it and have our own team to build from the ground up.

I'm pumped!! Now can we name a coach?

I have also seen a bunch of names we have signed, which for the most part look like club players or lower level guys, however is there anyone on our roster I should be super pumped about? Heard this goalie we got is sick.

GO MIAMI GO!
Read on Twitter
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#16 » by 50CalClips » Mon Dec 9, 2019 10:05 pm

Long video, but interesting for the hardcores...

"FutbolMiamiTV" is an Inter Miami podcast that's been around for a while. Here they interview one of the founders of the biggest supporters groups for LAFC. It's a good listen for the Miami supporters who want to be a part of the foundation of the club/supporters group(s).

For some reason, I already feel a kinship with Inter Miami CF... as if we're going to have a friendly, long-distance rivalry. There's a similar feel with NYCFC, too, idk why exactly.

BaffLer
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,351

Post#17 » by BaffLer » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:02 am

I'm trying to get into cinematography and photography so I follow a lot of directors, photographers, etc. Dude I follow just released his latest work with FIFA and HighSnobiety shot on film.

Admittedly, I'm not one to watch soccer regularly. But the atmosphere in games always catches my eye.

RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#18 » by RJM » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:07 pm

I can't wait for this team to launch. Inter Miami’s U-14s are going to be playing in a tournament against Barça, LA Galaxy, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Arsenal, and a few other teams. The development is already underway.

They’ve been recruiting from all around South Florida. Many local club teams have happily given up their best players. Beckham’s presence has seriously legitimized Inter Miami’s project down there.

Combine that with the two stadiums they’re building in Lauderdale and Miami (one for MLS, the other for the B team they’re eventually going to field in NASL/USL) and you've got something really special.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#19 » by 50CalClips » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 pm

RJM wrote:I can't wait for this team to launch. Inter Miami’s U-14s are going to be playing in a tournament against Barça, LA Galaxy, Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG, Arsenal, and a few other teams. The development is already underway.

They’ve been recruiting from all around South Florida. Many local club teams have happily given up their best players. Beckham’s presence has seriously legitimized Inter Miami’s project down there.

Combine that with the two stadiums they’re building in Lauderdale and Miami (one for MLS, the other for the B team they’re eventually going to field in NASL/USL) and you've got something really special.

Before the club was even formed (a year before they even played the first match), the LAFC Supporters Groups members were establishing the culture of the club. A group of them showed up at an LAFC U-12 academy match with full-on drums, chants, banners, and smoke/flares...

At 3:55 minutes:

The sleeping giant has been awoken. The U.S. is finally going to break out onto the world stage when it comes to Soccer/Football, in this coming generation. These youth academies associated with MLS teams are the game-changer.

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#20 » by HIF » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:11 am

Hate the name but I'll cheer them on.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to Miami Heat