ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

gyp
Sophomore
And1: 46

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1161 » by gyp » Sat Dec 7, 2019 6:10 pm

By far my biggest pet peeve at games is people not saying “excuse me” or “sorry” or “thanks” or mumbling something anything or nodding their head or even looking at you when they’re entering or exiting the row. Just plowing right through without acknowledging to me and the people next to me that i/we exerted energy allowing their impolite ass to pass by.

The loud entertainment during every break doesn’t bother me that much but I don’t like it when they play music during game action.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1162 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Dec 7, 2019 6:13 pm

gyp wrote:By far my biggest pet peeve at games is people not saying “excuse me” or “sorry” or “thanks” or mumbling something anything or nodding their head or even looking at you when they’re entering or exiting the row. Just plowing right through without acknowledging to me and the people next to me that i/we exerted energy allowing their impolite ass to pass by.

The loud entertainment during every break doesn’t bother me that much but I don’t like it when they play music during game action.

Especially during play. Went to a Steelers game a couple years ago and anyone who did this would be heckled mercilessly until they sat down.
Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Post#1163 » by Toodles1980 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 7:10 pm

gyp wrote:By far my biggest pet peeve at games is people not saying “excuse me” or “sorry” or “thanks” or mumbling something anything or nodding their head or even looking at you when they’re entering or exiting the row. Just plowing right through without acknowledging to me and the people next to me that i/we exerted energy allowing their impolite ass to pass by.

Maybe it's because the games are better attended, but I have noticed a huge increase in people who don't wait until the game stops to get up and go get a beer or something. It's super annoying as my seats are near the end of the row, so I always get stuck dealing with it. I still wish the ushers would hold fans until a stoppage in play, that would eliminate half the problem.

My other pet peeve is the t-shirt tosses during game play. I know they have the Gruber sponsorship money, but idiots getting up and screaming to get $5 t-shirts while I'm trying to watch the best basketball team this city has seen since the '70's is obnoxious.

And now I am officially the old man shouting at a cloud.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#1164 » by drew881 » Sat Dec 7, 2019 7:13 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Especially during play. Went to a Steelers game a couple years ago and anyone who did this would be heckled mercilessly until they sat down.

Why the NBA doesn’t institute NHL-style ushering practices is beyond me. If you had ushers only letting people in at the whistle, then people would more likely also be more mindful to leave at a whistle.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#1165 » by HKPackFan » Sun Dec 8, 2019 1:59 am

Toodles1980 wrote:

Maybe it's because the games are better attended, but I have noticed a huge increase in people who don't wait until the game stops to get up and go get a beer or something. It's super annoying as my seats are near the end of the row, so I always get stuck dealing with it. I still wish the ushers would hold fans until a stoppage in play, that would eliminate half the problem.

My other pet peeve is the t-shirt tosses during game play. I know they have the Gruber sponsorship money, but idiots getting up and screaming to get $5 t-shirts while I'm trying to watch the best basketball team this city has seen since the '70's is obnoxious.

And now I am officially the old man shouting at a cloud.

I'm watching on TV and find it annoying after a 3,to see a t-shirt ball thrown onto the screen in the middle of action.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1166 » by BradMKE » Sun Dec 8, 2019 2:33 am

Toodles1980 wrote:Maybe it's because the games are better attended, but I have noticed a huge increase in people who don't wait until the game stops to get up and go get a beer or something. It's super annoying as my seats are near the end of the row, so I always get stuck dealing with it. I still wish the ushers would hold fans until a stoppage in play, that would eliminate half the problem.

We’ve discussed this in this thread before. When the arena opened, there was (and possibly still is) a section on the FF web site about the ushers holding people until a break in play before letting them return to their seat. They tried it and too many people complained that they had to wait so it was scrapped and they were allowed to come and go at any time, annoying us aisle seat holders by returning in the middle of play.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#1167 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:21 am

I swear the arena audio volume was turned up the season. New speakers maybe? I’m 28, I couldn’t imagine being a kid at these games. The music is so damn loud at times.
Bucksmaniac
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1168 » by Bucksmaniac » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 am

Adding to these complaining posts about the arena and its atmosphere (many of which are warranted ime) the largest cheer by far tonight was showing Packers players on the jumbotron attending the game. It would be nice if they could get more diehard Bucks fans in the gates so they care about the game more than tshirts and which local celebrities are there.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#1169 » by ejn1214 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 am

Anyone look at the resale tickets for Wednesday? They look super cheap if anyone is interested. I was thinking of selling mine until I saw what they were going for. I'm guessing its the 8:30 weeknight start and no Zion.
BradMKE
Senior

Post#1170 » by BradMKE » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:04 pm

ejn1214 wrote:Anyone look at the resale tickets for Wednesday? They look super cheap if anyone is interested. I was thinking of selling mine until I saw what they were going for. I'm guessing its the 8:30 weeknight start and no Zion.

I was lucky enough to sell mine for 2x what I paid back before Zion got hurt. Also supposed to be pretty cold tomorrow which combined with the late start will scare people away.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#1171 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:44 pm

crkone wrote:
Read on Twitter

They built it and they sure came.

In 1988, the Bradley Center became the new home of the Milwaukee Bucks. It was a magnificent, state-of-the-art facility that was envisioned to provide the Bucks with a hefty and much-needed boost at the gate.

The Bucks had previously called the Milwaukee Arena their home and, while the Arena was charming, it was also small. Built in 1950, the Arena had a seating capacity of only 12,200. The BC, on the other hand, had a seating capacity of 18,717 for basketball games.

The Bucks wound up drawing 700,984 fans for 41 regular-season games — an average of 17,097 per game — during their first season in the BC. That was substantially more than the 10,771 average from the previous season in the Arena.

After three decades of playing in the BC, the Bucks relocated down the block once again, this time into Fiserv Forum, a chic facility with a seating capacity of 17,500.

As expected, the Bucks saw a bump in attendance from the previous season in the BC. But it wasn’t nearly as enormous as the one they received after moving to the BC from the Arena. After averaging 16,714 fans in their BC farewell season, the Bucks averaged 17,602 in Fiserv last season.

What’s more, in the Bucks’ first season in the BC, their attendance total of 700,984 ranked seventh among the then 25 NBA teams. In comparison, the Bucks’ total attendance last season in Fiserv was 721,672. Yet, that ranked just 17th in the now 30-team league.

So, how are the Bucks faring against the other 29 NBA teams so far this season?

After 15 regular-season home games, the Bucks rank 18th in the league in average attendance at 17,509 – just a smidgen down from last season.

That decline is reminiscent of the Bucks’ decrease in attendance in their second season in the Bradley Center.

After ranking seventh in the league with an average attendance of 17,097 in their first season in the BC, the Bucks dropped to 10th at 16,087 during the 1988-1989 season.

The Bucks’ average attendance this season is also more than 3,000 fewer the Philadelphia 76ers’, the top drawing home team in the NBA. The 76ers’ average home attendance is 20,517.

Basic math is hard. The Bucks are averaging a sellout. Maybe compare seating capacity to total attendance? :dontknow:

— One might assume the Bucks would be a “must-see’’ team for fans in other NBA cities, especially since they boast a marquee player in Giannis Antetokounmpo.

But that assumption isn’t true. The Bucks rank a mere 19th in average road attendance at 17,380.

Not surprisingly, the LeBron James-led Lakers are packing arenas around the league. The Lakers are averaging a league-best 18,876 on the road.

Interestingly, three of the NBA’s worst teams –Cleveland (18,666), New York (18,430) and New Orleans (18,407) – are ranked second through fourth in average road attendances.

The Bucks have played 2 away games against teams in the top 10 of average home attendance. No **** the road attendance is low. They've played 6 games in cities with bottom 10 home attendance. I guess the Cavs and Knicks are must see in person teams.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#1172 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:05 pm

Anyone have experience buying off StubHub?

I'm looking to go in March and it seems it's the cheapest for tickets between Ticketmaster and tickpick.....but still at least $150 for a family of 4.

Will prices likely drop? I'm looking specifically for the Detroit game on the 23rd
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1173 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:27 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Anyone have experience buying off StubHub?

I'm looking to go in March and it seems it's the cheapest for tickets between Ticketmaster and tickpick.....but still at least $150 for a family of 4.

Will prices likely drop? I'm looking specifically for the Detroit game on the 23rd

I always check Stubhub, Tick Pick and Seat Geek (as well as Ticketmaster). Just make sure you filter "show prices with fees" with SH and Seat Geek so you know up front the true cost. Tick Pick already has those added in. Ticketmaster you don't see the actual fees until you add them to your cart (but before you buy). Each of them are the cheapest for various games. Lately I've had better luck with the resale tickets on TM but it's always a crap shoot so check them all. You will almost always pay less than the inflated face value prices.

A Monday night game in March vs. Detroit will be about as cheap of a ticket as there is. Hard to say whether prices will go down. Sometimes they do but not always.

I'm seeing a lowers for under $100 for that game on SH (fees included).
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1174 » by glenn » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:45 pm

In general tickets for non-premier weekday games like this one will drop. Season ticket holders will put them up at the price they want and then reduce them as game day approaches if they don't get any bites. That said, 150 for four tickets isn't bad.
:reporter:
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,395

Post#1175 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:49 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:I swear the arena audio volume was turned up the season. New speakers maybe? I’m 28, I couldn’t imagine being a kid at these games. The music is so damn loud at times.

As somebody who loves music, especially hip-hop, the in-game music has to be one of my least favorite aspects of watching an NBA game live. I mean, when a wu-tang song comes on it's cool, but other than that... And switching the song every possession gets obnoxious. If you're going to play a soundtrack, at least let people feel the song. The lack of attention span in the world these days is a bit much.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1176 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:58 pm

glenn wrote:

In general tickets for non-premier weekday games like this one will drop. Season ticket holders will put them up at the price they want and then reduce them as game day approaches if they don't get any bites. That said, 150 for four tickets isn't bad.

I misread the OP, I read it as $150 each. Yeah $150 for 4 is a good deal. Uppers at FF are fine, certainly better than the BC.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1177 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:47 pm

Looks like STHers will be autobilled on January 15th for next year. I haven't seen any pricing yet. My tickets went up 30% last year and afraid they will go up again. First year of Fiserve was a steal due to the Bucks being good, this year was still worth it, but if prices go up again I'm not sure it worth the hassle of finding someone to use tickets again in early December.

Add in the looming Super Max deadline, I might opt out and wait until end of summer if any seats are still available.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#1178 » by KidA24 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:29 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Looks like STHers will be autobilled on January 15th for next year. I haven't seen any pricing yet. My tickets went up 30% last year and afraid they will go up again. First year of Fiserve was a steal due to the Bucks being good, this year was still worth it, but if prices go up again I'm not sure it worth the hassle of finding someone to use tickets again in early December.

Add in the looming Super Max deadline, I might opt out and wait until end of summer if any seats are still available.

I told my rep I wanted to hold off on the auto billing, they said no problem.

They wanted to put people on a "12 month plan to make it easier"

Aka, we want more money sooner to invest.

Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
BradMKE
Senior

Post#1179 » by BradMKE » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:41 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Looks like STHers will be autobilled on January 15th for next year. I haven't seen any pricing yet. My tickets went up 30% last year and afraid they will go up again. First year of Fiserve was a steal due to the Bucks being good, this year was still worth it, but if prices go up again I'm not sure it worth the hassle of finding someone to use tickets again in early December.

Where did you get the January 15th date? The email I received on 12/19 says February 15th.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1180 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:34 am

BradMKE wrote:

Where did you get the January 15th date? The email I received on 12/19 says February 15th.

As a benefit for being part of our Green and Growing, automatic renewal, your first payment for the 2020-2021 season will be ran on January 15, 2020. This will be your first of twelve payments. Your first payment amount will be based on the current season's monthly payment plan.

Once we finalize pricing for the 2020-21 season, we will be sending updated payment information to reflect what your payments will be from February onward.

I think it is kind of a joke and arrogant of the organization to make fans put down a deposit with pricing to be determined later. Basic business law says they have to make it refundable since it's not a valid contract but really rubs me the wrong way that they take our renewal from granted after 2.5 years of decent basketball and 2 playoff series wins in thirty years.

The only reason this makes sense is they want to see how many people renew so they can see how much they can raise ticket prices.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks