ImageImageImageImage

Official UCF Sports Thread - Basketball: NIT Bid? Football: Spring Practice Underway

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: UCF Football vs South Florida 

Post#1021 » by craig01 » Sun Dec 8, 2019 3:11 pm

Bowl Update: looks like tampa as of now.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,903

Post#1022 » by Knightro » Sun Dec 8, 2019 8:25 pm

Gasparilla Bowl v. Marshall.

Yuck.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,120

Post#1023 » by pepe1991 » Sun Dec 8, 2019 9:23 pm

Scott Perry incredible 12-year streak of failing to make the playoffs
GM, Knicks
4-19 (on pace for 14 wins)
17-65
29-53

VP, Kings
27-55 (left in summer but there to build roster)

Ast GM, Magic
29-53
35-47
25-57
23-59
20-62
(team had made the playoffs 6 straight years when he arrived)

Ast GM, Pistons
25-41
30-52
27-55
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1024 » by nymets1 » Sun Dec 8, 2019 10:40 pm

Yea I'm very unhappy with Marshall as our opponent. I've said if we don't get Miami, FSU or Pitt to please decline the bowl game. FSU, Miami, Pitt, Cincinnati and SMU should be unhappy with their bowl game opponent. Temple I don't think is unhappy with their opponent and the location of the bowl game.

Smu plays Florida Atlantic on FAU'S campus, A true home game for FAU
Miami plays Louisiana Tech in Louisiana so Louisiana Tech has home field
Pittsburgh plays Eastern Michigan
Temple plays North Carolina in Maryland
Florida State plays Arizona State in Texas

If I'm Temple, I'm fine with UNC as my opponent with the game in Maryland. But UCF, SMU, Miami, Pitt and FSU should be unhappy.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Re: UCF Football vs Marshall 

Post#1025 » by UCFJayBird » Mon Dec 9, 2019 1:54 pm

Eh. While i'm not excited for the bowl game, largely because it's against Marshall and I think we should be playing a better team, I get it. It's close by, so there's a good chance a lot of fans buy tickets, which is important for the bowls obviously. Most fans lack enthusiasm for these games, so location and fans ability/willingness to travel becomes quite important. On the plus side we should steam roll to a 10th victory and our NFL prospects like Davis shouldn't feel the pull to play.

I'm honestly perplexed at why so many bowl games are the middle of the day on a workday though. That seems like the opposite of what they need. smh. That part I don't get.

Debating whether to go. Ironically it's probably the only bowl game (because of time, location, and work schedule) that I could've gone to.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1026 » by Knightro » Mon Dec 9, 2019 2:17 pm

The timing, unfortunately, means I actually *can't* attend the game because the 23rd is the one day of Christmas week I actually have to work and can't get off since I'm taking the rest of that week off.

UCF is 17.5 point favorites btw. The biggest favorite of all the bowl games.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1027 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:11 am

nymets1 wrote:I've said if we don't get Miami, FSU or Pitt to please decline the bowl game.

With all due respect and in the friendliest way I can possibly say this ...

You are the birth child of Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne.

The ignorance of this request was politely explained to you. Beyond that, you spout nonsense about the Magic day after day. Seriously man, do you honestly believe what you write?
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1028 » by nymets1 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:46 am

Why does Temple get to play North Carolina a team from the AAC a power conference and everybody in our conference is playing a team from the group of 5.

When we get past Christmas, I'll start getting tickets for UCF basketball vs Memphis, Cincy,Houston, Wichita State and Temple.

nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1029 » by nymets1 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:47 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:I've said if we don't get Miami, FSU or Pitt to please decline the bowl game.

The ignorance of this request was politely explained to you. Beyond that, you spout nonsense about the Magic day after day. Seriously man, do you honestly believe what you write?

You don't want FSU to play UCF. You know in your heart FSU can't hang with UCF. UCF would beat FSU if you played you guys.

MagicFan101
RealGM

Re: UCF Football vs South Florida’s 

Post#1030 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:34 pm

nymets1 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

You don't want FSU to play UCF. You know in your heart FSU can't hang with UCF. UCF would beat FSU if you played you guys.

I am an alumni of both FSU and UCF. I’m not arguing against one program or the other.

We explained to you the contractual agreements between bowls and conferences which made such a matchup all but impossible. Your call to boycott the bowl entirely HURTS UCF ... you damn fool.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1031 » by nymets1 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:33 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

I am an alumni of both FSU and UCF. I’m not arguing against one program or the other.

We explained to you the contractual agreements between bowls and conferences which made such a matchup all but impossible. Your call to boycott the bowl entirely HURTS UCF ... you damn fool.

What's the benefit of playing Marshall? Most people probably never heard of that school. If UCF were to lose to Marshall, it would be a bad embarrassing loss. If they do play Marshall, Um UCF better win that game or bad consequences coming.

Gabriel Davis is not going to want to play Marshall or whoever on our team that wants to sit out this game. If we played Miami or FSU, Gabriel Davis would play for sure.

MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#1032 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 pm

nymets1 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:

What's the benefit of playing Marshall? Most people probably never heard of that school. If UCF were to lose to Marshall, it would be a bad embarrassing loss. If they do play Marshall, Um UCF better win that game or bad consequences coming.

Gabriel Davis is not going to want to play Marshall or whoever on our team that wants to sit out this game. If we played Miami or FSU, Gabriel Davis would play for sure.

You need to ghost for a while. Sit quietly, listen, read and learn. Do not post until you understand the sport and the business around it.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1033 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:18 pm

nymets1 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:

money, exposure, players get to have fun and experience another game, especially those graduating who may never play competitive sports again, it's a reward for most players at the end of a long and stressful season, fans get to attend or watch another game (which most would prefer to passing up just because it's against a team we should handle easily).
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#1034 » by UCF » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Blame ESPN if you don’t like the matchup. They own most of the bowls these days.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1035 » by nymets1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:01 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
nymets1 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

You need to ghost for a while. Sit quietly, listen, read and learn. Do not post until you understand the sport and the business around it.

Bro you don't understand me. We wanted to play FSU or Miami. Apparently FSU and Miami doesn't want to schedule us for football in the regular season. This bowl game was our chance to get FSU or Miami with whoever is in charge of scheduling the bowl games to put UCF to play FSU or Miami. It's not fair that Florida and Florida State play each other every year and UCF can't get a chance to play Florida, FSU or Miami.

UCF baskeball we played Miami earlier in the season and we played Miami in the past when they still had Shane Larkin. But still UCF basketball doesn't get to play Florida or FSU.

You said you have ties to FSU and UCF but I remember you were upset the 2 seasons that UCF went undefeated.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1036 » by Knightro » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:01 am

Congrats to Jeff Lebby for getting the Ole Miss OC gig.

That’s like a 700K a year raise.

Interested to see who Heupel gets to fill that spot. He’s almost certainly not going to give up playcalling, so I’d expect a younger coach in the role.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,073

Post#1037 » by UCF » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:10 am

That’s big time money compared to what we can offer.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1038 » by Knightro » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:41 am

UCF officially signed 17 high school players today and brought in a graduate transfer OT from Tennessee.

5 Defensive Backs
4 Offensive Linemen (3 HS, 1 transfer)
3 Defensive Ends
2 Linebackers
2 Tight Ends
1 Wide Receiver
1 Running Back

They had 22 available scholarships heading into the day, so that leaves four open spots remaining for more high school players (final signing day is February 5th) and transfers.

https://ucf.rivals.com/commitments/football/2020
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,816

Post#1039 » by drsd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:58 am

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1040 » by UCFJayBird » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:03 pm

How Johnny Richardson (the RB we recruited) is only a 2* is beyond me. Kid is a 4* talent from what i've seen.

Return to Orlando Magic