Kings Trade Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Kings Trade Thread 

Post#541 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:26 am

NYG wrote:Not a Spurs fan, but would DeRozan and/or Aldridge make sense for the Kings?

Does Dedmon, Barnes, Joseph and Conditional Kings 1st make sense or does that just make things messier?

I don't believe either of those guys make sense for the Kings- if Fox and Bagley can get healthy.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#542 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 3, 2019 7:29 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:
KF10 wrote:Buddy can explode at any night but does have some quiet games when his shot doesn’t fall.

Bogdan has a higher floor than Buddy but doesn’t have the potential explosive output Buddy has, IMO.

I will say Buddy has been busting his butt on defense when the shot isn't falling. He has lapses but I'm impressed with his effort when his shot isn't falling.
I share the same opinion.

Buddy isn't a lockdown guy by any means but his IQ growth on the defensive end is easy to spot.

That motor never stops.

My main gripe about Buddy is the lack of playmaking skills. *cringe*
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#543 » by kalenclayton » Tue Dec 3, 2019 5:31 pm

NYG wrote:Not a Spurs fan, but would DeRozan and/or Aldridge make sense for the Kings?

Does Dedmon, Barnes, Joseph and Conditional Kings 1st make sense or does that just make things messier?

The Kings aren’t in a position to be sending out a first. The ceiling isn’t high enough yet. Couple that with Barnes being awesome this season and it becomes an absolute ‘no’. Aldridge would be a good fit, but only for cheap, which I don’t think would or should happen.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#544 » by City of Trees » Wed Dec 4, 2019 6:56 am

Uncertainty surrounds Harry Giles' situation and the possibility of him walking after the season. One thing is for sure at the moment Harry is out of the rotation and things only get worse once Marvin returns from injury. Kings might be better served cashing in what value is left.

My proposal: Giles/Ariza to Memphis for Iggy

Why? Get value for Giles. Iggy is a rental but will fill the role Ariza couldn't.

Memphis moves their rental for a chance to develop Giles.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,014

Post#545 » by dckingsfan » Thu Dec 5, 2019 9:01 pm

City of Trees wrote:Uncertainty surrounds Harry Giles' situation and the possibility of him walking after the season. One thing is for sure at the moment Harry is out of the rotation and things only get worse once Marvin returns from injury. Kings might be better served cashing in what value is left.

Why? Get value for Giles. Iggy is a rental but will fill the role Ariza couldn't.

I do that in a heartbeat. I thought I saw that Memphis was looking for picks though...
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#546 » by City of Trees » Thu Dec 5, 2019 11:46 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
City of Trees wrote:Uncertainty surrounds Harry Giles' situation and the possibility of him walking after the season. One thing is for sure at the moment Harry is out of the rotation and things only get worse once Marvin returns from injury. Kings might be better served cashing in what value is left.

I do that in a heartbeat. I thought I saw that Memphis was looking for picks though...
Asking for a 1st is what I've heard. No team giving up a 1st is where we are at so far.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,014

Post#547 » by dckingsfan » Fri Dec 6, 2019 1:06 am

City of Trees wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:

Asking for a 1st is what I've heard. No team giving up a 1st is where we are at so far.

Well, I think it is a good trade for the Kings... if Memphis would go for that I would jump on it.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#548 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 am

If it were a pretty protected ‘22 or later I would love this.

It would go a long distance to helping us 1) make the playoffs and 2) establish legitimacy to get the respect for our stars nationally.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#549 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Iggy has looked like a faded version of himself for a few years now. Ariza is much more of a threat defensively than Iggy these days. I'd stick with Trevor all day. Plus Trevor is playing a lot of minutes at PF which I don't think Iggy can pull off in the same way.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#550 » by City of Trees » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:21 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:Iggy has looked like a faded version of himself for a few years now. Ariza is much more of a threat defensively than Iggy these days. I'd stick with Trevor all day. Plus Trevor is playing a lot of minutes at PF which I don't think Iggy can pull off in the same way.
IMO last year Iggy>Ariza. I havent seen Iggy play this year but if what youre saying is true it sounds like his decline is in 5th gear.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#551 » by sacking123 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:Iggy has looked like a faded version of himself for a few years now. Ariza is much more of a threat defensively than Iggy these days. I'd stick with Trevor all day. Plus Trevor is playing a lot of minutes at PF which I don't think Iggy can pull off in the same way.

I would agree. Ariza is starting to get some rust off and Luke obviously trusts him, particularly defensively. He won’t end up getting a huge amount of mins, but will be good for 10-14mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#552 » by City of Trees » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:53 am

simonbampfield wrote:

I would agree. Ariza is starting to get some rust off and Luke obviously trusts him, particularly defensively. He won’t end up getting a huge amount of mins, but will be good for 10-14mpg.

Im not mad at Ariza if this is the Ariza we get.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#553 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 am

I think Memphis will want a pick for Iggy. But maybe at the deadline they could be interested if they get no other offers.
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#554 » by bleeds_purple » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:32 am

Iggy would bring more playmaking. Ariza would bring more shooting. The rest is somewhat of a wash.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#555 » by nzahir » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:10 pm

What are a few guys you would target? Large or small.

And do you guys value future 1sts because of the inevitable of paying Fox and likely Bagley on top of Hield and Barnes
bleeds_purple
Analyst

Post#556 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:33 pm

nzahir wrote:What are a few guys you would target? Large or small.

And do you guys value future 1sts because of the inevitable of paying Fox and likely Bagley on top of Hield and Barnes

Honestly, I don't think we should make any moves. We are reintroducing players from injuries. That's enough disruption already. There's no great move to be made and this roster has no big needs.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#557 » by City of Trees » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:18 pm

Trades I would make:

Dedmon for an expiring/2nd

Giles for a pick or prospect

IMO they aren't actively shopping a 1st. Vlade should have learned his lesson.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#558 » by blind prophet » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:48 am

I'd wager most of us want to keep Bogi, but if the FO won't pay him, they need to move him for something.

Giles probably couldn't land a top 55, but maybe move him for something if possible.

Everything else fits or is a negative value contract.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#559 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 am

blind prophet wrote:

I'd wager most of us want to keep Bogi, but if the FO won't pay him, they need to move him for something.

Giles probably couldn't land a top 55, but maybe move him for something if possible.

Everything else fits or is a negative value contract.

Question is what do you want for Bogi?

Most people here want a lot or rather not move him (not sure if financially feasible).

A good player with a steal of a contract, like RoCo? Or 1st(s)?
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#560 » by sacking123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:36 am

bleeds_purple wrote:

Honestly, I don't think we should make any moves. We are reintroducing players from injuries. That's enough disruption already. There's no great move to be made and this roster has no big needs.

I agree here.
IMO the FO did a nice job of building the roster and a few things haven’t gone to plan ie Dedmon, injuries to Bags and Fox.
The second thing could have had an impact on the 1st too.

At the end of the day Dedmon will be useful as an injury replacement.
I would just see out Giles on the team, but having said that I don’t think we know his true situation.

Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings

Return to Sacramento Kings