Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 RESTART

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Around The NBA: 2019-20 RESTART 

Post#1 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:44 am

Lets continue here!
The Cult of Personality
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Re: Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season #2 

Post#2 » by RSP83 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:13 am

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#3 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:44 am

I didnt realize Embiid was only avg 22ppg. From the 27 last year thats a pretty big drop.

He did respond today after Charles and Shaq called him out.
The Cult of Personality
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,537

Post#4 » by dice » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I didnt realize Embiid was only avg 22ppg. From the 27 last year thats a pretty big drop.

He did respond today after Charles and Shaq called him out.

playing less minutes is part of it
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#5 » by kodo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 am

RSP83 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256454/Sam-Presti-Would-Unlikely-Be-Blocked-By-Thunder-If-Wanted-To-Leave-For-Another-Job

Let's get rid of GarPax and bring this guy on board.

That would be amazing, but I doubt JR knows who he is.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,792

Post#6 » by Jcool0 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:06 am

Yikes. Get better!

Read on Twitter
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#7 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:54 am

What a disappointing end to the Celtics/Sixers game. It was close most of the night, Celtics down late and go on a run, then a big no call changed the entire flow with under a minute left.

Richardson clearly fouls Brown before the ball has even been inbounded and instead of free throws for Boston they end up with a turnover.

With all the time wasting that happens during an NBA game, I hate that they can’t just have a video ref watching replays and making a quick decision to override such calls/no calls. It wouldn’t take more than 20 seconds to see that was a foul and call it accurately
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,196

Post#8 » by HomoSapien » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:57 am

kodo wrote:
RSP83 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256454/Sam-Presti-Would-Unlikely-Be-Blocked-By-Thunder-If-Wanted-To-Leave-For-Another-Job

There's also Masai who is refusing to sign an extension with the Raptors. My dream scenario is that we take Masai and then poach our former D-League coach, Nick Nurse.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#9 » by DASMACKDOWN » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:26 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
kodo wrote:

There's also Masai who is refusing to sign an extension with the Raptors. My dream scenario is that we take Masai and then poach our former D-League coach, Nick Nurse.

Masai basically has to turn down the extension for now because he is first in line for the biggest exec contract in league history.

There is no cap on execs. And you have the Knicks who are drowning in money, would probably offer him 15 mil a year. He is currently making 5 mil.

If Toronto only offers him 10, Iif I were him, I would turn it down. He cant lose taking the money from the Knicks. At the end of the day, if it doesnt work out, the blame would always go to Dolan.
The Cult of Personality
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#10 » by samwana » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:15 pm

What's up with Zion, is he the Greg Oden of this draft or is he coming back?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#11 » by kodo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't think he'll be as bad as Oden, him needing microfracture at 19 was a horrible sign before he played his first NBA game.

Maybe more like Blake Griffin who had to miss his rookie year w/ meniscus surgery like Zion. I think he'll play, be spectacular, but eventually the weight & playstyle will have a cumulative effect over the seasons.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,590

Post#12 » by Jimako10 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Butler with 3 triple doubles in the last 6 games (remember when he wanted to play PG?). Miami with the #2 seed currently. They are looking really good. Four of their six losses came on the 2nd leg of a back to back, all of which were away games and 3 of which were against really good teams (PHI, BOS, LAL). They haven't lost at home yet this year which is true for only one other team (PHI). I'm glad Butler has finally found a home that's a perfect fit for him.

But he's not worth paying the supermax...
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,589

Post#13 » by Ice Man » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 pm

samwana wrote:What's up with Zion, is he the Greg Oden of this draft or is he coming back?

His surgery was 8 weeks ago. They said at the time a 6 to 8 week recovery, which seemed optimistic to me for miniscus removal. I wold start to worry if he's not back within the next 4 weeks, though.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,589

Post#14 » by Ice Man » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:51 am

Jimako10 wrote:Butler with 3 triple doubles in the last 6 games (remember when he wanted to play PG?). Miami with the #2 seed currently. They are looking really good. Four of their six losses came on the 2nd leg of a back to back, all of which were away games and 3 of which were against really good teams (PHI, BOS, LAL). They haven't lost at home yet this year which is true for only one other team (PHI). I'm glad Butler has finally found a home that's a perfect fit for him.

All true, but the Lakers came into Miami today and took care of business. The Heat need one more stud to compete at the top end. Which isn't a knock on what Miami has made of itself, I didn't think they would be relevant this year and credit to them, but they have more work ahead of them.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,537

Post#15 » by dice » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:40 am

Ice Man wrote:
samwana wrote:What's up with Zion, is he the Greg Oden of this draft or is he coming back?

His surgery was 8 weeks ago. They said at the time a 6 to 8 week recovery, which seemed optimistic to me for miniscus removal. I wold start to worry if he's not back within the next 4 weeks, though.

there are whispers that he will stay out until around the all-star break or even skip the season, but hornets management is vehemently denying it
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#16 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:55 am

Since I don't have league pass this year (I'm not paying to watch a bunch of guys I genuinely don't like, lose games and get myself angry just because they're in Bulls uniforms..**** this team) I'm forced to watch whatever games are free to air, which means a lot of Lakers, Clippers and Pelicans games.

This Laker/Heat game was once again ruined by a big non call at the end by the refs. It was an enjoyable game most of the way with the Heat controlling the first half and the Lakers controlling the 2nd, leading to a close 4th quarter.

With under a minute to play Danny Green has the ball, dribbles, picks up the ball, loses it by himself and then dribbles again, right in front of the ref and the entire Heat bench and crowd see the violation but somehow the ref doesn't call it? No one even came close to touching the ball other than Green. The Heat were down by 1 at the time I think, had just made 2 straight 3's and had all the momentum, instead the Lakers keep the ball and get to the free throw line to extend the lead.

Nunn had an outstanding drive and dunk on McGee in the first half, then he followed it up with a great drive and tough shot over Howard who knocked him down on the play, ran down the court and knocked him down again and moments later cloth lined him. They called a personal foul on Howard but that POS is so dirty, he gets away with so many dirty fouls every game it's unbelievable he has yet to be suspended. I hope someone puts him on his ass soon, if I were Spoelstra I would have put James Johnson out there just to take 1 good hard foul against him and put him at the line.

The Heat also played a completely different game both halves, it was weird to watch and had nothing to do with any adjustments the Lakers made on defense. The Lakers do have good interior defense and I have no idea why guys keep challenging McGee with soft attempts. Anyway, in the 1st half the Heat players were moving around without the ball, cutting and the ball kept moving which was beautiful to watch, in the 2nd half all of that slowed down significantly as guys stood around watching

It's also amazing how poorly teams are on fast breaks, the Heat had 2 fast breaks that they had a 4 on 2 advantage and they didn't score on either. Guys are so used to running to the 3 point line that what should be as easy a basket as you can ask for was messed up both times. They kept the ball, but you shouldn't be getting blocked by Danny Green on a 4 on 1 fast break with him as the trailing 2nd defender.

The Lakers have been really lucky to walk away with a handful of wins this season, they could so easily 19-7 instead of 23-3 but hey whatever, they're the best team in the league right now unfortunately and only an injury to AD or Lebron will change that. Surely one of them is due to sit out some games soon?
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#17 » by Dan Z » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 am

I was curious so I looked up Malcolm Brogdon's stats for the season. Whoever was pushing for the Bulls to sign him was right...they should've gone after him. Brogdon over Satoransky/Young would've been a much better addition to the team.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,590

Post#18 » by Jimako10 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Jimako10 wrote:Butler with 3 triple doubles in the last 6 games (remember when he wanted to play PG?). Miami with the #2 seed currently. They are looking really good. Four of their six losses came on the 2nd leg of a back to back, all of which were away games and 3 of which were against really good teams (PHI, BOS, LAL). They haven't lost at home yet this year which is true for only one other team (PHI). I'm glad Butler has finally found a home that's a perfect fit for him.

All true, but the Lakers came into Miami today and took care of business. The Heat need one more stud to compete at the top end. Which isn't a knock on what Miami has made of itself, I didn't think they would be relevant this year and credit to them, but they have more work ahead of them.

Ahh I jinxed them! I made this post before I knew they were playing the Lakers tonight. Miami was missing 2 important pieces in WInslow and Dragic, but still gave a pretty damn good effort. You are completely right that they are 1 piece away from being a real contender, but knowing Riley and the age of Butler, I think they are gonna pull a trigger on that piece sometime this season, if not in the off season when they have bunch of 1 year contracts left to trade.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#19 » by Leslie Forman » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Dan Z wrote:I was curious so I looked up Malcolm Brogdon's stats for the season. Whoever was pushing for the Bulls to sign him was right...they should've gone after him. Brogdon over Satoransky/Young would've been a much better addition to the team.

It made no sense to me how he wasn't hotter property on the market. A wing who can handle, pass, shoot, defend, with great intangibles, on an upward trajectory? The guy was looking like a 90% Jimmy Butler but he was available for just 60% of the money. Why weren't a dozen teams in for him? Even in this analytics age, NBA front offices are still so dumb.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#20 » by Dan Z » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
Dan Z wrote:I was curious so I looked up Malcolm Brogdon's stats for the season. Whoever was pushing for the Bulls to sign him was right...they should've gone after him. Brogdon over Satoransky/Young would've been a much better addition to the team.

It made no sense to me how he wasn't hotter property on the market. A wing who can handle, pass, shoot, defend, with great intangibles, on an upward trajectory? The guy was looking like a 90% Jimmy Butler but he was available for just 60% of the money. Why weren't a dozen teams in for him? Even in this analytics age, NBA front offices are still so dumb.

My guess is that most teams thought he was a solid player, but not good enough to justify a big contract.

For the Bulls, and to your point, I'm surprised that they didn't go after the player who has upside (Brogdon) over two players who don't really have any (Tomas and Thad).

This year alone Brogdon would be the difference in all the close games the Bulls have had.

Return to Chicago Bulls