Moderator: lilfishi22

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,086
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#1021 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:29 am

We’ll never see either of those guys fight GSP at 170. I don’t think either is a competitive fight for GSP, even as he’s getting older.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#1022 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 am

Wo1verine wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Here's something I was pondering yesterday that will never happen that I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on...

Technically, GSP is still the lineal MW champion, right? What if he came back to fight at MW instead of WW/LW. How would him vs. Adesanya play out? It's just not his style to fight either Romero or Costa, but I actually think he would have a shot stylistically vs Israel.

The length with Izzy would be a major question mark. I also question GSP's conditioning at MW as well. I definitely agree that Izzy hasn't come close to fighting a MMA grappler on the level of GSP, but no way do I see GSP going back up in weight to fight a guy the size of Izzy. I think there are only 2 possible fights for GSP left, Khabib or Conor.

GSP would crush both those guys quite easily IMO.

Crush both Khabib and Conor?

Conor I say he beats him easily with ground and pound. Khabib I really dont know. Prime GSP? Without a doubt I would pick GSP. But I dont know how much he has dropped with his age and how well he would handle the cut (even though he does look leaner than ever now). Khabib has never faced an offensive grappler on the level of prime GSP. He would take down and pass guard of Wrestling All Americans with ease. I also think his jab and whatever gameplay him and zahabi would come up with would be hard to beat.

My dream scenario for this year would be this.

Conor fights and beats Cowboy (even though I would love to see Cowboy win and call it quits)
Khabib fights and beats Tony (even though personally I would love to see Tony win)
Conor fights GSP
Khabib fights Gaethje

The winner of Conor vs GSP fights the winner of Khabib/Gaethje. Then let 2 of the trio of losers fight each other. There you go Dana, I just gave you the perfect Money/Fan fights for the year for 155/170.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,086
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#1023 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:56 am

If GSP is even 80% of the speed he was at vs Bisping, he’ll beat Khabib’s face in until he panic wrestles.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1024 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:49 pm

Prime GSP would wreck Khabib but current GSP who's a little slower and a little less athletic, hard to know for sure but I'm still confident he'd beat Khabib. Only way GSP loses is if he gets clip by a HEAVY puncher and Khabib doesn't exactly have good stand up or does he have some special power.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#1025 » by Susan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Street Jesus was on Pardon My Take today. Crossing over into more and more mainstream stardom.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1026 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:46 pm

God damn, Ryan Hall still can't get a fight. He's fought three times since 2015. Without a fight since July last year, none in the foreseeable.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1027 » by Susan » Wed Jan 8, 2020 1:16 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:God damn, Ryan Hall still can't get a fight. He's fought three times since 2015. Without a fight since July last year, none in the foreseeable.

I mean, I get it. Dude is ferocious.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1028 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 8, 2020 2:39 pm

“Never thought I’d have to go this route, but then again, I also never imagined a laundry list of ranked professional tough guys turning down a fight with a skinny, blinky kid from the suburbs,” Hall wrote.

LOL.

Also, calling out Edgar and Aldo, two very tough stylistic matchups for him.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#1029 » by Jasen777 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:09 pm

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:God damn, Ryan Hall still can't get a fight. He's fought three times since 2015. Without a fight since July last year, none in the foreseeable.

I mean, I get it. Dude is ferocious.

Guys rather get knocked out a dozen times than get their knee broke.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1030 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:43 am

Seen guys try to wrestle the ref when they are TKO'd, but this ONE guy went for the kneebar. Could have been bad.

Read on Twitter
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1031 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Dang, ref spun the wrong way too! Lolz.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1032 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Dana is working on booking Cejudo/Aldo.

I guy who's lost his last 2 fights and his only fight at that weight class.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#1033 » by High 5 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:52 am

I just discovered that Bisping has a fake eye. Somehow I missed that news. Not really a big deal at this point, but seeing him take it out of his head was shocking enough that I needed to say something about it.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1034 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Laranja and Miller on MMARoasted today, OMG.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1035 » by Susan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:37 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Laranja and Miller on MMARoasted today, OMG.

Was it good?

Joe Rogan endorsed Bernie Sanders this week. Kinda nuts.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1036 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:38 am

Susan wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Laranja and Miller on MMARoasted today, OMG.

Was it good?

Joe Rogan endorsed Bernie Sanders this week. Kinda nuts.

...And other Dem candidate supporters arerailroading Bernie for "accepting" it, claiming Rogan is anti-LGBTG. Christ. I have had to reveal myself as a Rogan fan IRL (a very leftie IRL) in order to insist that Joe really isn't that bad. Rogan himself as earnest and good hearted, IMO. Prolly going to lose my career defending Joe "No Safe Spaces" Rogan against accusations of homophobia. Awesome.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#1037 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13 am

cowboyronnie wrote:...And other Dem candidate supporters arerailroading Bernie for "accepting" it, claiming Rogan is anti-LGBTG. Christ. I have had to reveal myself as a Rogan fan IRL (a very leftie IRL) in order to insist that Joe really isn't that bad. Rogan himself as earnest and good hearted, IMO. Prolly going to lose my career defending Joe "No Safe Spaces" Rogan against accusations of homophobia. Awesome.

Don't want to get to political here, but from my POV there's certainly some issues with Rogan. But the whole idea of running for office is to get people to vote for you, including people with major differences from you if you can.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#1038 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:...And other Dem candidate supporters arerailroading Bernie for "accepting" it, claiming Rogan is anti-LGBTG. Christ. I have had to reveal myself as a Rogan fan IRL (a very leftie IRL) in order to insist that Joe really isn't that bad. Rogan himself as earnest and good hearted, IMO. Prolly going to lose my career defending Joe "No Safe Spaces" Rogan against accusations of homophobia. Awesome.

Don't want to get to political here, but from my POV there's certainly some issues with Rogan. But the whole idea of running for office is to get people to vote for you, including people with major differences from you if you can.

Exactly. Bernie is running for the nomination to convince people he can get votes. And they want him to do this...by paring down support to only a select few unimpeachable people.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#1039 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Rogan is tough to read. His opinions blow in the wind and, more importantly, between guests of the podcast.

He's claimed himself libertarian before but is now endorsing Bernie.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1040 » by Susan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:33 am

REDDzone wrote:Rogan is tough to read. His opinions blow in the wind and, more importantly, between guests of the podcast.

He's claimed himself libertarian before but is now endorsing Bernie.

Maybe people's ideals are rooted in less these days or Bernie has an ability to get ideas explained in a way that converts people over?

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts