Re: 2019-2020 Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#81 » by nzahir » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:44 am

TylersLakers wrote:Cousins, Kuzma and Bradley for Covington, Vonleh

- Covington would fit amazing next to LeBron, AD
- Opens up a roster spot on the buyout market
- Cleans up the back court minutes, giving more time to Caruso/Rondo

NO

RoCo is one of the best help and team defenders, but not an elite man defender

Avery is very good on defense and ramps up our intensity. He also has some playmaking abilities.

We also lose our offensive ceiling and potential now

https://stats.nba.com/players/isolation/?SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TypeGrouping=defensive&sort=PPP&dir=-1&CF=GP*G*10:POSS_PCT*GE*1.0

Here is my trade idea. Gets us Gallo and Royce. We lose Green and Kuzma. Good replacement for Danny and a big upgrade from Kuzma. Legit 3rd option scorer who can be 6th man.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1919448

Bogdan or Bertans are the only other options I am thinking of rn
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,899

Post#82 » by ILC » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Kuzma, Cook and Daniels for Bogdan

then Bradley for Crowder to replace Kuzma's stretch 4 role.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#83 » by Beethoven » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:19 pm

IlCapitano wrote:Kuzma, Cook and Daniels for Bogdan

I like this right here.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#84 » by Spens1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:17 am

Maybe later in the season (pending on trade request given how damn bad they are):

Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green, KCP + 2 firsts for Bradley Beal
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#85 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:35 am

Spens1 wrote:Maybe later in the season (pending on trade request given how damn bad they are):

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What 1sts?

Wiz laugh and block number
nzahir
RealGM

Post#86 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:39 am

Beethoven wrote:

I like this right here.

Ive proposed this trade or similar trade multiple times.

Kings won't do it. Kuzma doesn't fit them very well.

They also don't have 2 extra spots.

I would move those 3 and 2-3 2nds for Bogdan though

Not moving Avery for Jae (who is a below avg player). Main Rotation:

Avery, Green, Lebron, AD, Mcgee
Rondo, Caruso, KCP, Bogdan, Dwight
Dudley

We are a bit thin with larger forwards on the bench, but o well, most teams are now anyways.

Come playoff time Mcgee will get even less run. Bogdan also lets us play less Rondo. 10 deep right there w/o Dudley. Mcgee playing super small minutes though and Rondo should really only play when Lebron sits and maybe a couple min with Lebron.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#87 » by Spens1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:14 am

nzahir wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Maybe later in the season (pending on trade request given how damn bad they are):

What 1sts?

Ones in the future or the ones not tied up. I did say we'd need some kind of trade request on his end (then again, maybe it would just be easier to land him in F.A).
nzahir
RealGM

Post#88 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:23 am

Spens1 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

What 1sts?

Ones in the future or the ones not tied up. I did say we'd need some kind of trade request on his end (then again, maybe it would just be easier to land him in F.A).

2026 is the next pick we can trade I believe. Not even sure if we are allowed (or would) to trade 2028, thats insane to even think about

They would still say no, dont even dream of someone like that
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,899

Post#89 » by ILC » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 pm

nzahir wrote:
Beethoven wrote:

I like this right here.

Ive proposed this trade or similar trade multiple times.

Kings won't do it. Kuzma doesn't fit them very well.

They also don't have 2 extra spots.

I would move those 3 and 2-3 2nds for Bogdan though

Not moving Avery for Jae (who is a below avg player). Main Rotation:

Crowder was there as a body who plays the same position and has a skillset that would fit the team to replace Kuzma. Can't stay on Dudley as your backup 4.

Bradley and a few seconds for Bertans works too or insert Bradley in the above deal and take Bjelica back from Kings. I'd send 2 more seconds too to sweeten the deal. They avoid having to pay Bogdan this summer and get an extra Kuzma year on low salary. They can cut Daniels then.

Rondo, Caruso, Bogdan, KCP, Green as guards
Bogdan, KCP, Green, LBJ as wings
LBJ, Bjelica, Dudley, AD as stretch 4s
McGee, Dwight, AD as Cs

Get an additional ballhandler and shooter and playmaker in Bogdan and a solid 20mpg stretch 4 in Bjelica.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,808

Post#90 » by TheGOATWill » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:22 pm

THT plus filler and a 2 for Bertans? Wiz add a high upside prospect rather than lose Bertans this summer for nothing.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#91 » by nzahir » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:45 pm

TheGOATWill wrote:THT plus filler and a 2 for Bertans? Wiz add a high upside prospect rather than lose Bertans this summer for nothing.

Salaries don't match

We need to also send Boogie (who gets cut by them likely) or Cook and Daniels.

I have a feeling that we don't want to move Boogie so we can bring him back for cheap this summer. Bring back Dwight hopefully and hope Mcgee opts out or we don't play him. I wonder if we can trade him next year or if the NTC stands if he opts in (anyone know this)?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#92 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:52 am

It looks to me like Iggy, Bogdonovic, and Dennis Schroeder are the best/most realistic trade targets for us... Bogdon though is under contract for a few more years and may mess with our ability to build.

Guys like Love, Galinari, Russell, and even guys like Dragic or CP3 are just too damn expensive to make salaries work.

Our best bet at getting anyone good would be if we could both convince KCP to agree to a trade AND get Kuz to do an extend/trade.

So I guess it really comes down to Iggy... Schroeder is a bit of a locker room problem but he could score and defend off the bench at a higher level than our guards. But I think Iggy is maybe the only real option we have to get to that next level. Preferably after a buy out though.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#93 » by Landsberger » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Kilroy wrote:It looks to me like Iggy, Bogdonovic, and Dennis Schroeder are the best/most realistic trade targets for us... Bogdon though is under contract for a few more years and may mess with our ability to build.

Guys like Love, Galinari, Russell, and even guys like Dragic or CP3 are just too damn expensive to make salaries work.

Our best bet at getting anyone good would be if we could both convince KCP to agree to a trade AND get Kuz to do an extend/trade.

So I guess it really comes down to Iggy... Schroeder is a bit of a locker room problem but he could score and defend off the bench at a higher level than our guards. But I think Iggy is maybe the only real option we have to get to that next level. Preferably after a buy out though.

If OKC is in top pick territory come February I could see a scenario where CP3 pitches a fit to get bought out. I don't want to see it but it's there nonetheless. It's a little bit of a stretch since he's got 2 more years after this one left but I don't see anyone trading for him and he's not making a difference there.

Now.... you and I have swallowed our Howard hate and you have done the same for Cousins ( :wink: ) but CP3 being a Laker would be a serious test for me. Don't overlook it.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#94 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:09 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Kilroy wrote:It looks to me like Iggy, Bogdonovic, and Dennis Schroeder are the best/most realistic trade targets for us... Bogdon though is under contract for a few more years and may mess with our ability to build.

If OKC is in top pick territory come February I could see a scenario where CP3 pitches a fit to get bought out. I don't want to see it but it's there nonetheless. It's a little bit of a stretch since he's got 2 more years after this one left but I don't see anyone trading for him and he's not making a difference there.

Now.... you and I have swallowed our Howard hate and you have done the same for Cousins ( :wink: ) but CP3 being a Laker would be a serious test for me. Don't overlook it.

That's just a hell of a lot of money to buy-out... I hate CP3, but his antics might actually be exactly what this team needs. We need another scorer and we need a disrupter on the other end of the floor... We have AB for actual defense at the G spot, but we don't have a guy that actually disrupts the offensive flow of teams... Few are better at that than CP3...

Rondo might actually kill him in practice though. It may be an either/or situation with those 2... And while I think CP3 is better right now, AD and Cousins love Rondo...

That said... CP3 seems a little out of shape to me this season.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#95 » by Landsberger » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:06 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

That's just a hell of a lot of money to buy-out... I hate CP3, but his antics might actually be exactly what this team needs. We need another scorer and we need a disrupter on the other end of the floor... We have AB for actual defense at the G spot, but we don't have a guy that actually disrupts the offensive flow of teams... Few are better at that than CP3...

Rondo might actually kill him in practice though. It may be an either/or situation with those 2... And while I think CP3 is better right now, AD and Cousins love Rondo...

That said... CP3 seems a little out of shape to me this season.

Call me crazy but his body language is that of a guy mailing it in.... Now... $100+M is a lot of reasons to ride out the career but I'm with you... he seems mentally and physically out of it. Maybe he's more "broke down" that we know.

All of that said... he would make a lot more sense on THIS team coming off the bench than in the starting lineup. He's ball dominant and so is Bron.... and Davis loves him some isolation as well.
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#96 » by zuju » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Trading Cousins is not even a choice. AD loves him. Cousins himself is also a very talented player. If he could return to 75% of his athleticism, his skills could already make him one of the best center / power forward in the league. Whenever AD or LBJ rest, the pick & roll game can be continued with Cousins's presence. Cousins is reportedly impacting the locker room positively & even pushed LBJ to stay aggressive. No matter his intention to do all that, it is not a bad thing to have. If you are worried about his attitude problem after renewed his contract, sign him to some kind of contract similar to Dwight's. A multi year deal with team options. (Note: He was never a locker room problem in the Pelicans and his contract would not be expensive unless he played great in the playoff this season)

For me, I would try to trade Cook or Troy Daniels for a wing player or simply a second round pick.

Sign Lance Stephenson or a similar player who can shoot, attack the rim a bit, handle the ball a bit, create a bit and defense decently. I think we are regretting not to sign one more player who can create by himself e.g. Jaabri Parker, Trey Burke etc. who I suggested in the off season.

Trading Kuzma will only be considered comes all star break unless a very attractive proposal comes early.
gordonyao
Sophomore
And1: 53

Post#97 » by gordonyao » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:49 am

trade cousins + cook + dudley for waiter + a couple of srp
sign jeff green to replace dudley
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#98 » by Slava » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:05 am

^ The ****?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
nzahir
RealGM

Post#99 » by nzahir » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:38 pm

Time to trade for a penetrating guard as we are dead last in penetration

Rondo leads it for our guards with 7.2 and he finishes at 33.3%...AWFUL

Rose drives 16.2 times a game and finishes at 56.3%

Teague drives 13.4 times and at 46.5%. Huge upgrade over Rondo if he gets bought out

Augustin 10.4, 42.1%, meh. Better than what we have rn though. 49% last year

Schroeder 12.2 at 47%

In terms of most realistic:
Augustin
Rose
Teague/Schroeder

If we could move Avery (to 3rd team for 2nd), Boogie, Cook, and maybe even another 2nd for Schroeder I would easily do it

Gets OKC under tax and 1-2 small assets. Lets them tank if they want to have a fire sale
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#100 » by zuju » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:44 am

nzahir wrote:Time to trade for a penetrating guard as we are dead last in penetration

Rondo leads it for our guards with 7.2 and he finishes at 33.3%...AWFUL

Rose drives 16.2 times a game and finishes at 56.3%

Teague drives 13.4 times and at 46.5%. Huge upgrade over Rondo if he gets bought out

Augustin 10.4, 42.1%, meh. Better than what we have rn though. 49% last year

Schroeder 12.2 at 47%

In terms of most realistic:
Augustin
Rose
Teague/Schroeder

If we could move Avery (to 3rd team for 2nd), Boogie, Cook, and maybe even another 2nd for Schroeder I would easily do it

Gets OKC under tax and 1-2 small assets. Lets them tank if they want to have a fire sale

Rather try to trade Cook for DSJ if possible (wonder how low DSJ's value is to NY now).
Super high upside, excellent penetration and the fire / passion is all there for DSJ
Signing Jeff Green will help immediately. Waive Dudley for him would be ideal

Return to Los Angeles Lakers