2020 Trade Deadline Thread - Lets Go!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Re: 2019-2020 Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#101 » by nzahir » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:54 am

zuju wrote:
nzahir wrote:Time to trade for a penetrating guard as we are dead last in penetration

Rondo leads it for our guards with 7.2 and he finishes at 33.3%...AWFUL

Rose drives 16.2 times a game and finishes at 56.3%

Teague drives 13.4 times and at 46.5%. Huge upgrade over Rondo if he gets bought out

Augustin 10.4, 42.1%, meh. Better than what we have rn though. 49% last year

Schroeder 12.2 at 47%

In terms of most realistic:
Augustin
Rose
Teague/Schroeder

If we could move Avery (to 3rd team for 2nd), Boogie, Cook, and maybe even another 2nd for Schroeder I would easily do it

Gets OKC under tax and 1-2 small assets. Lets them tank if they want to have a fire sale

Rather try to trade Cook for DSJ if possible.
Super high upside, excellent penetration and the fire / passion is all there for DSJ
Signing Jeff Green will help immediately. Waive Dudley for him would be ideal

DSJ is awful lol, not really a good penetrator either, and an AWFUL shooter and defender

Green won't do **** for us

Not a good defender, not a good shooter, not a good creator

Don't just give an opinion of yours and then don't back it up with no numbers or a reason why they would work.

There is a reason DSJ was moved out quickly in DAL and why he has been **** in NY.

There is a reason why Green was waived by Utah

Look at their adv metrics on 538s RAPTOR or RPM or PIPM.

Watch some tape if you want
zuju
Senior
And1: 119

Post#102 » by zuju » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:22 am

nzahir wrote:
zuju wrote:
nzahir wrote:Time to trade for a penetrating guard as we are dead last in penetration

Rondo leads it for our guards with 7.2 and he finishes at 33.3%...AWFUL

Rose drives 16.2 times a game and finishes at 56.3%

Teague drives 13.4 times and at 46.5%. Huge upgrade over Rondo if he gets bought out

Augustin 10.4, 42.1%, meh. Better than what we have rn though. 49% last year

Schroeder 12.2 at 47%

In terms of most realistic:
Augustin
Rose
Teague/Schroeder

If we could move Avery (to 3rd team for 2nd), Boogie, Cook, and maybe even another 2nd for Schroeder I would easily do it

Gets OKC under tax and 1-2 small assets. Lets them tank if they want to have a fire sale

Super high upside, excellent penetration and the fire / passion is all there for DSJ

DSJ is awful lol, not really a good penetrator either, and an AWFUL shooter and defender

Don't just give an opinion of yours and then don't back it up with no numbers or a reason why they would work.

There is a reason DSJ was moved out quickly in DAL and why he has been **** in NY.

Sorry for not quoting out stats
But, the problem here is, is Cook at this point better than DSJ and what can we get by trading Cook alone?
I actually wouldn't mind trading Cook and Troy for a bottle of beer
Cousins is doing all the right things now, is AD's man and we are not trading him I guess.
Shall we attach Kuz or THT with Cook? Very debatable and controversial here.
Lastly, is Dudley better than Jeff Green? I don't think we have a question to it even if we do not look at the metrics
We can wait for better options though
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#103 » by nzahir » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:28 am

zuju wrote:
nzahir wrote:
zuju wrote:

But, the problem here is, is Cook at this point better than DSJ and what can we get by trading Cook alone?
Cousins is doing all the right things now, is AD's man and we are not trading him I guess.
Lastly, is Dudley better than Jeff Green? I don't think we have a question to it even if we do not look at the metrics

Dudley is better for us than Green is. At least he can shoot the 3 and plays smart team d

Boogie likely not moved b/c I bet we want him to sign with us this summer for a 1 yr redemption year and we get a cheap 6th man who destroys bench units

Not moving Kuzma unless we are getting Bogdan or in a big move for a star (where Green must be included for salary reasons and now we must replace him too somehow).

For guys like Rose, Augustin, Schroeder I would move our small pieces like Avery, Cook, 2nds.
zuju
Senior

Post#104 » by zuju » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:34 pm

nzahir wrote:
zuju wrote:
nzahir wrote:DSJ is awful lol, not really a good penetrator either, and an AWFUL shooter and defender

Dudley is better for us than Green is. At least he can shoot the 3 and plays smart team d

Boogie likely not moved b/c I bet we want him to sign with us this summer for a 1 yr redemption year and we get a cheap 6th man who destroys bench units

Not moving Kuzma unless we are getting Bogdan or in a big move for a star (where Green must be included for salary reasons and now we must replace him too somehow).

For guys like Rose, Augustin, Schroeder I would move our small pieces like Avery, Cook, 2nds.

Dudley to me is too slow to guard anyone one on one. He could not do what he think he should on defense despite his high basket ball IQ.
His only positive contributions are locker room presence and 3 pt shooting
Green is not ideal of course. If we get him, we would have a better bench. He played with James in Cle back in 2017-2018. His win share was third in the team. His chemistry with James is ok.
We still need to wait for AI and I like Lance stephenson back to our team as well. Yet, we do not need this depth. Instead, we only need 9-10 quality player with diverse functions. That is, we may look to replace some of our present players to some more useful players
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#105 » by BEazy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:24 am

How about looking into Kris Dunn from Chicago? Coby White has obviously took over his role and flourishing. His value around the league is at a all time low. Maybe with a change of scenery, he can flourish with our system and we can get rid of Rondo in the process.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#106 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:08 pm

We need shooting. We may need to trade our fake shooters (Green, Cook, Daniels) for someone who can hit actual 3s and play some defense.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
zuju
Senior

Post#107 » by zuju » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:28 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:How about looking into Kris Dunn from Chicago? Coby White has obviously took over his role and flourishing. His value around the league is at a all time low. Maybe with a change of scenery, he can flourish with our system and we can get rid of Rondo in the process.

Rondo is also AD's man. AD okay, Watched some clips, Dunn does not shoot 3s. He do not even try when he was left wide opened.
Please correct me if I am wrong
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#108 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:04 pm

These are guys I've been thinking about:

Alec Burks
E'Twaun Moore
Wayne Ellington

I think Ellington is the guy we should go for. He can make big shots that we will need. Also just looked at Moore's 3pt % for his career. The dude has stayed within 40% for most of his career. Pretty impressive.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#109 » by TylersLakers » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Fresh360Waves wrote:These are guys I've been thinking about:

Alec Burks
E'Twaun Moore
Wayne Ellington

I think Ellington is the guy we should go for. He can make big shots that we will need. Also just looked at Moore's 3pt % for his career. The dude has stayed within 40% for most of his career. Pretty impressive.

I like Moore. I also think Josh Hart would fit perfect on this team. Sucks we had to give him away.

I floated this idea on the game thread:

But Lonzo/Hart for Kuzma/Bradley/Cook

- Gives us some switchability
- Hart's a tough guy who rebounds great for his position, can hit big shots
- Lonzo gives us another ball handler and defender, and we've seen him fit well next to LeBron. The shot has improved a bit.
- For New Orleans, unless they decide to trade Jrue/Redick, Kuzma is a guy that fits next to Zion and everyone else falls into place ino their roles.

Or do we just stand pat and see what happens in the buyout market? I know Jeff Teague would fit great on this team. That's a good name.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#110 » by BEazy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:14 pm

zuju wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:How about looking into Kris Dunn from Chicago? Coby White has obviously took over his role and flourishing. His value around the league is at a all time low. Maybe with a change of scenery, he can flourish with our system and we can get rid of Rondo in the process.

Rondo is also AD's man. AD okay, Watched some clips, Dunn does not shoot 3s. He do not even try when he was left wide opened.
Please correct me if I am wrong

Yeah, you’re right. He doesn’t even attempt 3 point shots. We are kind of limited with what we can get and also stay flexible. Also, Dunn is an expiring contract. I’m sure Chicago is going to ask for a pick or something. This is going to be a nightmare for Rob.

Also, I found out that Rondo, JaVale, and KCP all have no trade clauses in their contract... :banghead:

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#111 » by Kilroy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:22 pm

If we hear positive things about the possibility of getting Iggy after a buy-out, maybe we could trade Green:

Green, Cook, Bradley for JruH Trade ID #7260838

Same trade works for Russell too, but I doubt GSW wants to load up on vets. I'm guessing if they trade Russell, they'll want picks and we don't have that to give.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#112 » by TyCobb » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:25 pm

I’d love to get a competitor like Rose.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#113 » by Kilroy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:31 pm

TyCobb wrote:I’d love to get a competitor like Rose.

Bradley Cook Kuz for Drose https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7260844 :dontknow:

Not sure if that's what Detroit is looking for or not.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#114 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:39 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Fresh360Waves wrote:These are guys I've been thinking about:

Alec Burks
E'Twaun Moore
Wayne Ellington

I like Moore. I also think Josh Hart would fit perfect on this team. Sucks we had to give him away.

I floated this idea on the game thread:

But Lonzo/Hart for Kuzma/Bradley/Cook

- Gives us some switchability
- Hart's a tough guy who rebounds great for his position, can hit big shots
- Lonzo gives us another ball handler and defender, and we've seen him fit well next to LeBron. The shot has improved a bit.
- For New Orleans, unless they decide to trade Jrue/Redick, Kuzma is a guy that fits next to Zion and everyone else falls into place ino their roles.

Or do we just stand pat and see what happens in the buyout market? I know Jeff Teague would fit great on this team. That's a good name.

I wish we had kept Hart too: he's the ultimate glue guy for any team. He was my favorite Laker from the young core. He's not really that young but you get my point.

I like the Lonzo/Hart trade for Kuz/Bradley/Cook. Kuz isn't going to be any better than he is now. Losing Bradley and Cook won't be a drop off either. I'm not much of a fan of Cook.

I feel like the buyout this year won't be that great outside of potentially Iggy. I think Memphis eventually will have no choice but to buyout Iggy. No team is going to give up a valuable asset for Iggy.

And as far as Teague, he hasn't been that great in the recent years. Not sure if the Lakers should waste a roster spot on him but maybe he just needs a change of scenery? I'm on the fence about him.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#115 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Man if the Lakers could pull that off, wow. His competitive nature is exactly what this Lakers team needs.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran

Post#116 » by Fresh360Waves » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Kilroy wrote:

Bradley Cook Kuz for Drose https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7260844 :dontknow:

Not sure if that's what Detroit is looking for or not.

They may actually consider it. Detroit needs someone that can help with scoring.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#117 » by TylersLakers » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Well, unfortunately for my lady, I'm on holidays and I'm spending it on the NBA Trade Machine on ESPN.

We have no picks to offer in trades. Just the way it is. Our only avenue to make "trades" that bring us any sort of value back is by trading Kyle Kuzma. If we don't trade him, we can only rely on the buyout market.

Because of that and the fact we can beat 90% of the teams in the league, I don't anticipate a trade until the week, days or hours before the deadline to see what kind of momentum takes place with buyouts and what other chips fall.

So for a package that involves Kuzma, Bradley and Cousins (combined $10,241,600) we can take back around $14-15M. Here's the deals I've highlighted league wide.

-------------

Atlanta: I don't see a trade option here unless Atlanta would be willing to give up Kevin Huerter, which I don't think they would. If they did, Huerter + Bembry + Parker is a deal that makes sense. Atlanta says no.

Boston: Marcus Smart & Carsen Edwards. Boston says no. Smart is the soul of their team. Wouldn't Smart vs Beverley be fun in the Western Conference Finals? I think a legit fight would break out between the two and both would be suspended for the series.

Brooklyn: Don't see a deal that makes sense unless it involves Joe Harris, Dinwiddie or Levert. Dinwiddie seems basically untouchable to me from a national perspective unless it's a big time player. Joe Harris + Temple is a deal that works. Doesn't get us a playmaking guard, but does get us some shooting (Harris) and perimeter D (Temple). Brooklyn says no.

Charlotte: Yuck. Hopefully Marvin Williams gets bought out and we keep Kuzma.

Chicago: I love Satoransky. Not so much Kris Dunn. Satoransky works straight up. I think Chicago says no. They already have too many guys similar to Kuzma.

Cleveland: Anyone else surprised that Dellavedova & Brandon Knight are still in the league? I figured both were in Greece or Spain or something. Yuck.

Detroit: Highlight this one. Langston Galloway + Derrick Rose. Galloway is a career 42% 3PT shooter and he can light it up. Certainly makes us smaller on the wing however. Big time pressure on Green, LeBron, AD to defend wings.

Indiana: Another highlight. Justin Holiday, Aaron Holiday, and Doug McDermott. Once Oladipo comes back, there's going to be a glut of guards on that team. Kuzma is a versatile wing who plays off ball and can shoot. Maybe Indiana values Aaron Holiday more than I think they do. But for the Lakers, this deal accomplishes everything. Side note: I hate Kawhi Leonard for holding up our cap space and taking Brogdon out of the picture.

Miami: I don't see any sort of deal here. No to Dion Waiters.

Milwaukee: I don't think Milwaukee trades with us in a million years. But boy does George Hill and Wes Matthews sound good in purple and gold.

New York: Hey, what's another combo forward for the Knicks? If they were smart, they'd trade off Morris and Portis in separate deals. Then make this trade. Allonzo Trier + Ellington + future protected 1st rounder. Trier is underrated good from a guard spot and Ellington can shoot the nets off the rim. He must be dying to get out of there. Averaging 14 MPG.

Orlando: I like Aminu, Augustin and Ross. However the salaries are difficult. A deal for Ross alone works, but is that worth giving up Kuzma? I say no.

Philadelphia: Don't see a deal that makes sense. Tobias Harris. $32M a year currently, and goes up for the next 5 years. I know they had not much choice, but that's an absolutely brutal contract. Maybe their hope is they trade it for a combination of players, but I don't see anyone taking him at that price. Puke.

Toronto: It hurts my heart we have no way of getting Kyle Lowry. Major kick in the balls. I like Norm Powell and I love VanVleet. I don't think Toronto loves Kuzma as much as I love VanVleet.

Washington: I like the idea of a healthier Isaiah Thomas. I like the idea of CJ Miles. Not for Kuzma. I'd rather just lose in the WCF in 6 games with the roster we have and make an addition in the off-season.

Dallas: For the package of Kuz/Cousins/Bradley I don't see anything that would fit. However, Dallas did have big time interest in Danny Green and Green chose the Lakers over Dallas. Would a trade of Green/Bradley/Cousins/Cook for Wright/Curry/Lee make sense? I think it would. For both sides.

Denver: Grant + Beasley works. Does Denver do that? Questionable.

Golden State: Yuck.

Houston: Unless they give up PJ Tucker, nothing makes sense. Tucker + Rivers makes sense.

Memphis: I like Jae Crowder. Not for Kuzma however. Just buy out Iguoudala, Memphis.

T-Wolves: Covington/Napier makes sense. Do Lakers give up Kuzma for that? I wouldn't unless Minnesota threw us a Top 5 protected pick or something.

New Orleans: I've talked about the possibilities. Just don't see anything.

OKC: Schroder is nice, but I would never give up Kuzma for him.

Phoenix: Yuck.

Portland: Yuck. Bazemore would be good on a buyout.

Sacramento: Sacramento seems like the team. Bogdanovic + Bjelica + lottery protected 1st works for Kuzma/Cousins/Bradley/Daniels.

San Antonio: Don't really see a deal worth it to give up Kuzma. Patty Mills + Bellinelli would be nice, but that deal would involve way too many bodies.

Utah: Don't see anything.

------------

So there you go. Sacramento, T-Wolves, Dallas, Indiana and Detroit are the only teams I can find value for. In my opinion, we really just have to hope the buyout market shakes out for us.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#118 » by myersia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:17 pm

TylersLakers wrote:Well, unfortunately for my lady, I'm on holidays and I'm spending it on the NBA Trade Machine on ESPN.

We have no picks to offer in trades. Just the way it is. Our only avenue to make "trades" that bring us any sort of value back is by trading Kyle Kuzma. If we don't trade him, we can only rely on the buyout market.

Because of that and the fact we can beat 90% of the teams in the league, I don't anticipate a trade until the week, days or hours before the deadline to see what kind of momentum takes place with buyouts and what other chips fall.

So for a package that involves Kuzma, Bradley and Cousins (combined $10,241,600) we can take back around $14-15M. Here's the deals I've highlighted league wide.

-------------

Atlanta: I don't see a trade option here unless Atlanta would be willing to give up Kevin Huerter, which I don't think they would. If they did, Huerter + Bembry + Parker is a deal that makes sense. Atlanta says no.

Boston: Marcus Smart & Carsen Edwards. Boston says no. Smart is the soul of their team. Wouldn't Smart vs Beverley be fun in the Western Conference Finals? I think a legit fight would break out between the two and both would be suspended for the series.

Brooklyn: Don't see a deal that makes sense unless it involves Joe Harris, Dinwiddie or Levert. Dinwiddie seems basically untouchable to me from a national perspective unless it's a big time player. Joe Harris + Temple is a deal that works. Doesn't get us a playmaking guard, but does get us some shooting (Harris) and perimeter D (Temple). Brooklyn says no.

Charlotte: Yuck. Hopefully Marvin Williams gets bought out and we keep Kuzma.

Chicago: I love Satoransky. Not so much Kris Dunn. Satoransky works straight up. I think Chicago says no. They already have too many guys similar to Kuzma.

Cleveland: Anyone else surprised that Dellavedova & Brandon Knight are still in the league? I figured both were in Greece or Spain or something. Yuck.

Detroit: Highlight this one. Langston Galloway + Derrick Rose. Galloway is a career 42% 3PT shooter and he can light it up. Certainly makes us smaller on the wing however. Big time pressure on Green, LeBron, AD to defend wings.

Indiana: Another highlight. Justin Holiday, Aaron Holiday, and Doug McDermott. Once Oladipo comes back, there's going to be a glut of guards on that team. Kuzma is a versatile wing who plays off ball and can shoot. Maybe Indiana values Aaron Holiday more than I think they do. But for the Lakers, this deal accomplishes everything. Side note: I hate Kawhi Leonard for holding up our cap space and taking Brogdon out of the picture.

Miami: I don't see any sort of deal here. No to Dion Waiters.

Milwaukee: I don't think Milwaukee trades with us in a million years. But boy does George Hill and Wes Matthews sound good in purple and gold.

New York: Hey, what's another combo forward for the Knicks? If they were smart, they'd trade off Morris and Portis in separate deals. Then make this trade. Allonzo Trier + Ellington + future protected 1st rounder. Trier is underrated good from a guard spot and Ellington can shoot the nets off the rim. He must be dying to get out of there. Averaging 14 MPG.

Orlando: I like Aminu, Augustin and Ross. However the salaries are difficult. A deal for Ross alone works, but is that worth giving up Kuzma? I say no.

Philadelphia: Don't see a deal that makes sense. Tobias Harris. $32M a year currently, and goes up for the next 5 years. I know they had not much choice, but that's an absolutely brutal contract. Maybe their hope is they trade it for a combination of players, but I don't see anyone taking him at that price. Puke.

Toronto: It hurts my heart we have no way of getting Kyle Lowry. Major kick in the balls. I like Norm Powell and I love VanVleet. I don't think Toronto loves Kuzma as much as I love VanVleet.

Washington: I like the idea of a healthier Isaiah Thomas. I like the idea of CJ Miles. Not for Kuzma. I'd rather just lose in the WCF in 6 games with the roster we have and make an addition in the off-season.

Dallas: For the package of Kuz/Cousins/Bradley I don't see anything that would fit. However, Dallas did have big time interest in Danny Green and Green chose the Lakers over Dallas. Would a trade of Green/Bradley/Cousins/Cook for Wright/Curry/Lee make sense? I think it would. For both sides.

Denver: Grant + Beasley works. Does Denver do that? Questionable.

Golden State: Yuck.

Houston: Unless they give up PJ Tucker, nothing makes sense. Tucker + Rivers makes sense.

Memphis: I like Jae Crowder. Not for Kuzma however. Just buy out Iguoudala, Memphis.

T-Wolves: Covington/Napier makes sense. Do Lakers give up Kuzma for that? I wouldn't unless Minnesota threw us a Top 5 protected pick or something.

New Orleans: I've talked about the possibilities. Just don't see anything.

OKC: Schroder is nice, but I would never give up Kuzma for him.

Phoenix: Yuck.

Portland: Yuck. Bazemore would be good on a buyout.

Sacramento: Sacramento seems like the team. Bogdanovic + Bjelica + lottery protected 1st works for Kuzma/Cousins/Bradley/Daniels.

San Antonio: Don't really see a deal worth it to give up Kuzma. Patty Mills + Bellinelli would be nice, but that deal would involve way too many bodies.

Utah: Don't see anything.

------------

So there you go. Sacramento, T-Wolves, Dallas, Indiana and Detroit are the only teams I can find value for. In my opinion, we really just have to hope the buyout market shakes out for us.

Kuzma, like me, is from Michigan. I think pistons trade make sense. Bron respects Rose.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#119 » by Landsberger » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 pm

^^Good work Tyler.

While the fan base is divided on Kuzma I'm not sure the FO is. I'm not sure we'd be trading him. If he begins to produce like he has over the last few games then I'm sure he's not going anywhere. We'd get nothing as impactful in return and we'd give up at least 2 more pieces in the process.

My guess is that we move the Rookies and maybe Green to get a PG. Green has been decent or bad. I've only seen one or two games of good from him. Green is at $14M or so.... That gets you a PG and KCP/Daniels/Cook can hold that spot down with 85% of what Green is bringing.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#120 » by Kilroy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:10 am

If Lebron is out, and AD is banged up, we could be looking at a lot more losses. We'll see how desperate the FO gets..

Return to Los Angeles Lakers