ImageImageImageImageImage

Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Which current Warriors do you want to see back on the roster next season? 

Post#101 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:59 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
but even IF they're not ready, who cares? that's the point. i'm not willing to pass up on good wing prospects, even IF they're not ready, just because of Damion **** Lee and Glen **** Robinson.

it's completely nonsensical.

That's a differen't subject then. The point I was trying to make was about you being so sure that they would be NBA ready on a contender fresh out of college, and how that observation was in fact, completely nonsensical.

again, I'm confident in my ability to know who's ready. i called Herro, PJ and Thybulle ready, look at what they're doing. this isn't really that hard tbh.

and again, whether they would be ready or not day one is completely irrelevant, it's a non-point anyways.

Nobody gives a crap if you called Herro, PJ, Thybulle, Shaq, Kareem, Messi, Mayweather. Seriously, I could throw out some names that I think will make it as well, however I do not know these kids, I don't know their inner drive, I don't know their bodies and if they have a potential issue. It would be incredibly arrogant of me to suggest I would know more than what full time NBA GM's and scouts do. GM's role the dice on the kids, some make it, some don't, that's the reality.

Dude, you're a fan like the rest of us, if you think you're so smart, get off a forum and go do something about it. If you think being a general manager of an NBA franchise is easy, go do it. You're self arrogance towards talent evaluation and making NBA trades is clear to us all, but if you're going to call your own card all the time so ridiculously, I for 1 will just continue to laugh at you.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#102 » by Bayside » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:37 am

The thing is. Even if your the best talent in your field you fail if you cant work with other people. If your a cancerous person who cant speak to people and get along with them you wont last. It is better to have a team of people working in unison then one "star" off on an island. Then lets just say- the person just thinks they are a star and out on the island is another story all together.. You find yourself without a red stapler and keep getting asked to move desks until your in the basement and the checks stop.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#103 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:07 am

BTW, the Warriors can do worse with low-salary wings.

For instance, they played McKinnie, including key minutes in the playoffs, last year. Like him as a player and root for him but I’d much rather have GR3, both as defender and take the 3s.

So they can draft rookies or look to sign min salary free agents and they can be much worse, especially shooting. The Warriors need guys who can reliably hit that corner 3, especially in lineups with Draymond.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,795

Post#104 » by michaelm » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:16 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Bayside wrote:Some of this stuff should be sent to university to discus in psych classes. Friggin clinical studies on this narcissistic Shtick.. Very impressed with a lot of posters on your ability to continue to not just ignore rantings.

I think you have to take people at face value, that they really believe the stuff they're saying and not just being controversial for the sake of attention(even though these venues encourage that sort of behavior). That said, I don't understand how someone could look at Damion Lee's play since coming back from his hand injury or the way we dominate 2nd unit rebounding with the Chriss/Spellman combo and say let's just dump all these guys. Teams are built through chemistry, not by restocking with the best rookie talent you can draft every year. People don't seem to realize that the talent differences between the vast majority of NBA players is tiny, quality coaching and chemistry generates championship teams far more reliably than obsessing about maximizing talent.

Constructing teams with whom he considered to be the next best talents available after him regardless of fit hasn’t so far worked as well as his fans and I am sure he himself thought it was going to in LeBron’s case.

GSW don’t have to draft the next Curry and Thompson (if he recovers well) they already have them, but not forever. If they can draft some obvious star and murder the league great, but many projections go astray, and young guys may not be robust enough from the get go and get injured as well. Draymond has probably given as much bang for the buck as anyone not drafted high in the last decade, but even he took 2 or 3 years to get going, and may not be the same himself in 2 or 3 years now.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#105 » by Warriorfan » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:28 pm

wco81 wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:

WCS, Burks, GR3 will all be traded at the deadline for picks

What do you think these players would bring back in return?

High second round picks? Mid to low first round picks at most?

Then the Warriors can draft more players like Jones, Evans and Poole with those picks?

These low picks won't produce like these vets for at least a couple of years, if ever.

Low picks also turned out Green Paschall.
Picks could be combined with the TPE to bring in better vets.

Burks and WCS might not be vet min players again. Both turned down bigger offers.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#106 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
That's a differen't subject then. The point I was trying to make was about you being so sure that they would be NBA ready on a contender fresh out of college, and how that observation was in fact, completely nonsensical.

again, I'm confident in my ability to know who's ready. i called Herro, PJ and Thybulle ready, look at what they're doing. this isn't really that hard tbh.

and again, whether they would be ready or not day one is completely irrelevant, it's a non-point anyways.

Nobody gives a crap if you called Herro, PJ, Thybulle, Shaq, Kareem, Messi, Mayweather. Seriously, I could throw out some names that I think will make it as well, however I do not know these kids, I don't know their inner drive, I don't know their bodies and if they have a potential issue. It would be incredibly arrogant of me to suggest I would know more than what full time NBA GM's and scouts do. GM's role the dice on the kids, some make it, some don't, that's the reality.

Dude, you're a fan like the rest of us, if you think you're so smart, get off a forum and go do something about it. If you think being a general manager of an NBA franchise is easy, go do it. You're self arrogance towards talent evaluation and making NBA trades is clear to us all, but if you're going to call your own card all the time so ridiculously, I for 1 will just continue to laugh at you.

trust me bruh, there isn't anyone here that values your opinion less than I do, so I couldn't give two **** what you think or don't think about my evals, and it's a good thing that's not the point either, because even IF the wings we draft aren't ready, we shouldn't be going into next year's team thinking that guys like GR3 and Lee will get any real minutes outside of garbage time minutes as 3rd unit players.

so yea, none of these guys should be in our plans moving forward, and the idea that we need to replace them with players 'ready to play now' is completely nonsensical given that guys like GR3 and Lee and Burks are available on waiver wire and in free agency every single year for dirt cheap.

basically...this is a really stupid ass hill to die on. the only one you should be laughing at is yourself.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#107 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:11 pm

michaelm wrote:
clyde21 wrote:what you rather have Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, or Matisse Thybulle today on the roster or Glen Robinson, Damion Lee and Omari Spellman?

if you choose the latter all i can do is laugh tbh.

How many picks did the Sixers waste while getting Thybulle ?.

I will go with Meyers over both you and the Sixers FO of recent years, although I was more confident when Jerry West was with the team; he may be a significant contributor to the Clippers being coherent straight away btw. I remain to be convinced the Lakers are a well constructed team, especially for the play-offs, also btw.

none? Philly's failings in the top 5 of the draft (Okafor, Noel) have nothing to do with the Thybulle pick. and this isn't about Thybulle, this is about us being able to find instant contributers in the 10-20 range.

also, isn't that your point all along? that we should pick someone ready in the top5 instead of trading down?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#108 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:20 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

trust me bruh, there isn't anyone here that values your opinion less than I do, so I couldn't give two **** what you think or don't think about my evals, and it's a good thing that's not the point either, because even IF the wings we draft aren't ready, we shouldn't be going into next year's team thinking that guys like GR3 and Lee will get any real minutes outside of garbage time minutes as 3rd unit players.

so yea, none of these guys should be in our plans moving forward, and the idea that we need to replace them with players 'ready to play now' is completely nonsensical given that guys like GR3 and Lee and Burks are available on waiver wire and in free agency every single year for dirt cheap.

basically...this is a really stupid ass hill to die on. the only one you should be laughing at is yourself.

How many more games do we have to win this season playing guys like GR3, Burks and Lee big minutes, getting significant contributions from them, before you decide they're quality rotation players that could be part of our winning formula once Steph and Klay are healthy?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#109 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:26 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

How many more games do we have to win this season playing guys like GR3, Burks and Lee big minutes, getting significant contributions from them, before you decide they're quality rotation players that could be part of our winning formula once Steph and Klay are healthy?

they are fringe 3rd unit players getting a lot of minutes because of injuries, and are quite possibly the single worst team in the league currently...like what are we even talking about here?

should I be impressed with GR3's -4 Net Rating, 0.0 VORP, -2.3 BPM and .063 WS/48?

or maybe I should be impressed with Lee's -1 Net Rating, negative VORP, negative BPM and **** replacement level WS/48?

there guys are NONE contributers on a winning team, 3rd unit/garbage time type players in a good situation, you should NOT be planning on having these guys as rotation players next season or you have failed.

our wing rotation next year should be Klay, Covington, Iggy and whoever we draft...that 5th wing can be GR3 i don't really care if you like him that much but he's not a guy you plan anything around.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#110 » by GQ Hot Dog » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:38 pm

clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

they are fringe 3rd unit players getting a lot of minutes because of injuries, and are quite possibly the single worst team in the league currently...like what are we even talking about here?

should I be impressed with GR3's -4 Net Rating, 0.0 VORP, -2.3 BPM and .063 WS/48?

or maybe I should be impressed with Lee's -1 Net Rating, negative VORP, negative BPM and **** replacement level WS/48?

there guys are NONE contributers on a winning team, 3rd unit/garbage time type players in a good situation, you should NOT be planning on having these guys are rotation players next season are you have failed.

The season isn't over yet. I'm going to wait until after the season to look at their impact stats because we have a coaching staff that's proving capable of weaving this group into a winning team. We started out the season objectively the worst team in basketball but now we've passed teams like Minny, Atl, NYK, Pels, Wiz and Cleveland. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that we could be fighting for the 8th seed by the time March comes around.

I think what you're not realizing is that this team is 90% what the team next season is going to be and we will be a playoff contender. The one thing we agree on is that we need a better wing defender than GR3 but I think that player might be drafted 12-16. Otherwise, our team is close to being set:

Curry/Bowman/Evans
D'lo/Lee/Poole
Klay/Paschall/rookie
Draymond/Spellman/Smailagic
WCS/Chriss/Looney
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#111 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:48 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

there guys are NONE contributers on a winning team, 3rd unit/garbage time type players in a good situation, you should NOT be planning on having these guys are rotation players next season are you have failed.

The season isn't over yet. I'm going to wait until after the season to look at their impact stats because we have a coaching staff that's proving capable of weaving this group into a winning team. We started out the season objectively the worst team in basketball but now we've passed teams like Minny, Atl, NYK, Pels, Wiz and Cleveland. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that we could be fighting for the 8th seed by the time March comes around.

I think what you're not realizing is that this team is 90% what the team next season is going to be and we will be a playoff contender. The one thing we agree on is that we need a better wing defender than GR3 but I think that player might be drafted 12-16. Otherwise, our team is close to being set:

Curry/Bowman/Evans
D'lo/Lee/Poole
Klay/Paschall/rookie
WCS/Chriss/Looney

ugh, no.

DLo should be traded ASAP, he's a **** fit next to Steph, I don't know how much more you need to see to realize that honestly...he's an absolutely terrible defender and an even worse off-ball player, too slow...and you can't have 2 guards that can't put pressure on-ball defensively in the back court, that's a terrible strategy.

also Klay can play SOME 3...but he's a much more valuable player at the 2 because of his size/switchability against smaller guards, but if he's at the 3 and asked to switched to 4s you're negating a lot of what he does defensively.

so that's the first thing that needs to happen, moving Dlo, packaging whoever to get the deal done.

and WCS should not really be on this roster either, Looney is better, better screen setter, better, more efficient defender, not sure why you have him #3 here...he should be #1.

what our team SHOULD look like:

Stephen Curry / Ochai Agbaji* / Ky Bowman
Klay Thompson / Scottie Lewis* / filler
Robert Covington / Andre Iguodala / filler
Draymond Green / / Eric Paschall / filler
Kevon Looney / Alen Smailagic / Andrew Bogut

*just inserting 2 names here i like frrom the draft but it could be other names as well.

if you want GR3 to fill the #3 SF spot that's fine it doesn't really matter to me but he should be in the plan to get major minutes at any point next season.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#112 » by Bayside » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:45 pm

michaelm wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
Bayside wrote:Some of this stuff should be sent to university to discus in psych classes. Friggin clinical studies on this narcissistic Shtick.. Very impressed with a lot of posters on your ability to continue to not just ignore rantings.

I think you have to take people at face value, that they really believe the stuff they're saying and not just being controversial for the sake of attention(even though these venues encourage that sort of behavior). That said, I don't understand how someone could look at Damion Lee's play since coming back from his hand injury or the way we dominate 2nd unit rebounding with the Chriss/Spellman combo and say let's just dump all these guys. Teams are built through chemistry, not by restocking with the best rookie talent you can draft every year. People don't seem to realize that the talent differences between the vast majority of NBA players is tiny, quality coaching and chemistry generates championship teams far more reliably than obsessing about maximizing talent.

Constructing teams with whom he considered to be the next best talents available after him regardless of fit hasn’t so far worked as well as his fans and I am sure he himself thought it was going to in LeBron’s case.

GSW don’t have to draft the next Curry and Thompson (if he recovers well) they already have them, but not forever. If they can draft some obvious star and murder the league great, but many projections go astray, and young guys may not be robust enough from the get go and get injured as well. Draymond has probably given as much bang for the buck as anyone not drafted high in the last decade, but even he took 2 or 3 years to get going, and may not be the same himself in 2 or 3 years now.

I am talking bout how "people" choose to write to other people on this board. It really is clinical in some cases and could be used for case studies. No amount of meds fixes that. Some personality disorders are on display for all to see. My opinion is that of a god and everyone else just suck it. blah blah blah. some really patient people on this board.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#113 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:06 pm

clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Curry/Bowman/Evans
D'lo/Lee/Poole
Klay/Paschall/rookie
WCS/Chriss/Looney

ugh, no.

DLo should be traded ASAP, he's a **** fit next to Steph, I don't know how much more you need to see to realize that honestly...he's an absolutely terrible defender and an even worse off-ball player, too slow...and you can't have 2 guards that can't put pressure on-ball defensively in the back court, that's a terrible strategy.

also Klay can play SOME 3...but he's a much more valuable player at the 2 because of his size/switchability against smaller guards, but if he's at the 3 and asked to switched to 4s you're negating a lot of what he does defensively.

so that's the first thing that needs to happen, moving Dlo, packaging whoever to get the deal done.

and WCS should not really be on this roster either, Looney is better, better screen setter, better, more efficient defender, not sure why you have him #3 here...he should be #1.

what our team SHOULD look like:

Stephen Curry / Ochai Agbaji* / Ky Bowman
Klay Thompson / Scottie Lewis* / filler
Robert Covington / Andre Iguodala / filler
Draymond Green / / Eric Paschall / filler
Kevon Looney / Alen Smailagic / Andrew Bogut

*just inserting 2 names here i like frrom the draft but it could be other names as well.

if you want GR3 to fill the #3 SF spot that's fine it doesn't really matter to me but he should be in the plan to get major minutes at any point next season.

I agree with most of your points (except Bogut I prefer a better C available.) but at the same time I think both Spellman and GR3 are really good players for 11th-15th spots in the roster. So why not keep them. I've seen many terrible players for those spots in the last few years so I am not sure it is a good idea to try other options.
freypies
Junior
And1: 120

Post#114 » by freypies » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:45 pm

I agree with Clyde's starting lineup here for the most part. Curry/DLo/Klay/Draymond just sounds outmatched size-wise against the actual good teams, I do not think we can keep DLo and still be top tier contenders. I do think we should get a big C though instead of making Looney our primary player at that spot, especially with his injury history. Valanciunas/Turner/Gasol etc would be perfect.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#115 » by michaelm » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:33 am

Bayside wrote:
michaelm wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

I am talking bout how "people" choose to write to other people on this board. It really is clinical in some cases and could be used for case studies. No amount of meds fixes that. Some personality disorders are on display for all to see. My opinion is that of a god and everyone else just suck it. blah blah blah. some really patient people on this board.

I think Clyde can be over the top at times but also makes some good calls. I was indulging myself somewhat, the posts allowed me to go to a hobby horse ie that Lebron is not a good GM, and his philosophy has very much been the assemble the best talent available, superstars if possible in his case, with no regard to fit which Clyde seems to be advocating on this thread, which is against my notion of how GSW have been successful and hopefully still may be again with the current core ie by team play and beautiful offensive schemes rather than LeBron ball.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#116 » by Warriorfan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:40 am

I do think most of the team is set. Warriors maneuvered to get multiple 2nds this year. To me its a sign they dont value 2020 draft much or just rebuilding long term depth on the cheap.

Maximing what they can get for their pick and DLo may just be keeping both or packaging it to get one who knows.

I see a team as having roles to fill and what is missing for next year a starting rim protecting C, and oversized wings who can pass and defend like Iggy and Livingston.
michaelm
RealGM

Post#117 » by michaelm » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:50 am

clyde21 wrote:
michaelm wrote:
clyde21 wrote:what you rather have Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, or Matisse Thybulle today on the roster or Glen Robinson, Damion Lee and Omari Spellman?

if you choose the latter all i can do is laugh tbh.

How many picks did the Sixers waste while getting Thybulle ?.

I will go with Meyers over both you and the Sixers FO of recent years, although I was more confident when Jerry West was with the team; he may be a significant contributor to the Clippers being coherent straight away btw. I remain to be convinced the Lakers are a well constructed team, especially for the play-offs, also btw.

none? Philly's failings in the top 5 of the draft (Okafor, Noel) have nothing to do with the Thybulle pick. and this isn't about Thybulle, this is about us being able to find instant contributers in the 10-20 range.

also, isn't that your point all along? that we should pick someone ready in the top5 instead of trading down?

My points were that it is hard to find players like Thybulle (I follow the Sixers somewhat as an Aussie because of Simmons) in that range and that it is even rarer for such players to be immediately serviceable as NBA players in general, let alone immediately integrate into GSW's fairly complex pattern of play. The Sixers also had about the most draft picks of any team ever, the whole aim of Hinkie’s “process”, and getting one player like Thyballe from all those picks may have been just the odds favouring them getting a player of his quality with that many picks rather than such players growing on trees as mid range picks. The Durant super team was eventually unsustainable and broke because of the what was required of the great players with no bench to speak of, and I agree with others that some of the players you completely deride are very serviceable bench players who can play the GSW way. If they can get Giannis or Davis or draft Wiseman at the cost of those players sure go for it I agree, even 1 more title with the current core would satisfy me and constitute beating the odds with the salary cap etc rules, but they are unlikely imo to get players from low draft picks who can immediately be plugged in to the team.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,688

Post#118 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Iguodala and Bogut are old. They might make good coaches.

The players we have have looked happy to be playing lately. I like that.

I can't think of any NBA team in history that had less continuity than last year's Warriors to this year's Warriors.
2015 Warriors had good continuity. The players had played together for a few years. I think that matters.

2015 Warriors were the youngest champions since the 1977 Blazers.

Evans and Poole might be mistakes but I wait 3 years before I say the scouting staff screwed up.

It is too soon to say DLO and Curry can't fit together.

A one on 5 bailout guy is a good thing to have. You want somebody that can score when the team offense breaks down and can score with 3 seconds left on the 24 clock. You don't want the bailout guy to disrupt the team offense. Keeping DLO might make sense. Are we sure that DLO won't become a OK defender? Are we sure that DLO can't be good playing off the ball? DLO has not had the chance to figure out how to play with Curry, Klay, Draymnd and Looney.

Can Looney stay healthy?
Do we get back the Klay we know or do we get an immobile version of Klay?

Can WCS stay mentally engaged in basketball.? Can WCS become a shot blocker? I read that he is afraid of breaking his fingers while shot blocking. Is WCS a cancer in terms of team effort? Can WCS play hard? If he does not play hard does he discourage other players from playing hard? Can WCS be happy siting on the bench? Can the Warriors afford WCS sitting on the bench?

Warriors better stop winning if they want Wiseman.
I don't want the Warriors to stop winning. The Warriors may actually be building something good with the players they have.
Who says G-Rob-3 can't play defense?

What is the salary cap situation next year? Why is everyone so sure that Burks does not come back? If DLO is traded then Burks might be a guy the Warriors might want to go to for offense when the team offense breaks down.

Lee stays. Warriors are keeping Lee and that is Good.

Bowman is good enough. I wanted a guy to defend quick point guards and I am OK with playing Curry at off guard while somebody quicker defends Kyrie. Livingston's length was nice gimmick defense at point guard but I am more comfortable with quickness. I think Bowman is adequate. If Curry is at off guard teams might post him up. Draymond gives good help defense but it would be nice to have a shot blocking center. I guess we are trying out Evans in the Livingston role.

We don't need Covington.

The Warriors have too many power forwards. I won't count Smailagic as anything until I see him play. One of Smailagic, Spellman and Chriss needs to go eventually. I could call all 3 of those guys undersized centers then counting Looney we would have 4 undersized centers.

Evans and Poole, Like Smailagic are just potential at this time. They have no role on a contender until they prove otherwise. I don't like throwing away potential.

If WCS could just turn himself into Bill Russell then this team does not need to add anything.

I would keep everybody and just add Wiseman if I could. That can't happen. There need to be cuts and Wiseman is just a dream.

The Warriors will be fine next year with what they have except they sort of need the shot blocking center.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,247

Post#119 » by xdrta+ » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:38 pm

Are the Warriors going to bring back Chriss? If not, there is no point in guaranteeing his salary for this year. They have one week to decide. I vote no.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#120 » by TB » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:20 am

My likely incorrect take on our roster:

Steph - ya lets keep him
Klay - seems like a fit
Dray - we do love you like that
DLo - really good player, potentially great player. But I lean heavily on the "trade him" side. Very smart to keep that max spot on the roster, but lets fill it with guys that really fit next to our big 3.
Looney - I see him as a solid backup big. But i'm actually not against trading because i'm getting tired of the constant injuries.
Bowman - solid 3rd PG, but one i think can become a solid backup. I'd like to get him signed up.
Lee - i actually like him as a fringe backup already, solid 3rd SG. I'd like to get him signed up.
Paschall - Right now i think he hovers between backup and 3rd string level, but I think he ends up in the average starter / great backup range. Keeper unless its in a mega-deal.
Burks - average backup, great 3rd stringer. Should be shopped for assets, since we likely cant afford him next year.
GR3 - Pretty much same as Burks. I'd have no problem with him (or burks) as a spot backup / 3rd stringer on minimum deals if available.
Evans - I see zero reason for him to be on the roster. He's barely a 3rd stringer on his good days.
Poole - Unplayable right now, but potential to be a good backup. But our window is closing fast (prolly 2-3 years MAX), so we don't have time to wait, i'd be fine trading him.
Chriss - Solid 3rd stringer, potential backup. I just worry if he won't realize that and cause issues if he's getting tons of DNPs.
Spellman - Solid 3rd stringer, potential backup. On rookie deal and shooting potential, so i'd keep him.
Smiley - He seems more playable off the bench than Poole, so i'd be fine keeping him around to see what we have.
WCS - average backup center at best. I'd be looking to trade him. If we dont and he picks up his player option, so be it.... worse options out there.

If it went my way, we would have the pieces below, and those TBD's would be filled with trades/picks/FAs.

Steph / TBD / Bowman
Klay / TBD / Lee
TBD / Iggy / GR3
Dray / Paschall / Smiley
TBD / Looney / Spellman or Chriss

It's a lot of holes, but doable with DLo and draft picks.

Example, DLo for Covington/Okogie/Teague fills starting SF and backup SG...then draft a center or trade the pick + Looney for a center.

Another example: trade DLo for Drummond, use pick for a starting wing or trade it for a starting wing....

Lots of options, gonna be a fun off-season.

Return to Golden State Warriors