ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Darren Collison considering coming out of retirement, interested in Lakers and Clippers

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Woj: Darren Collison considering coming out of retirement, interested in Lakers and Clippers 

Post#1 » by Slava » Wed Jan 1, 2020 8:58 pm

Read on Twitter

If he considering a major role, Lakers should be a no-brainer.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Woj: Darren Collison considering coming out of retirement, interested in Lakers and Clippers 

Post#2 » by kblo247 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:11 pm

Slava wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he considering a major role, Lakers should be a no-brainer.

The whole Cousins exemption being offered to him over the pro rated vet min in a heartbeat.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,654

Re: Woj: Darren Collison considering coming out of retirement, interested in Lakers and Clippers 

Post#3 » by dockingsched » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:12 pm

This can be really awesome or pretty heart breaking depending on where he goes :lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#4 » by TylersLakers » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:53 pm

This has to happen. He would fill the biggest need this team has.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Wed Jan 1, 2020 10:10 pm

If there is a possibility of getting an exemption for Cousins and getting Collison it would be more than the vet min.... if money is the key to him. If it's playing time then I'd say he's got more opportunity here as well.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#6 » by bb22 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 10:32 pm

"I am one of the Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me."
D. Collison
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#7 » by iamworthy » Wed Jan 1, 2020 10:39 pm

Landsberger wrote:If there is a possibility of getting an exemption for Cousins and getting Collison it would be more than the vet min.... if money is the key to him. If it's playing time then I'd say he's got more opportunity here as well.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Crooked-I
General Manager
And1: 2,686

Post#8 » by Crooked-I » Thu Jan 2, 2020 12:29 am

Hopefully Vogel and Collison had a good relationship when on the Pacers because he'd solve a lot of problems for us. He'd probably be our best guard right alongside KCP(yes I said it KCP).
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

RIP Kobe and Gigi
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,301

Post#9 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jan 2, 2020 12:51 am

Collison is a 10 year vet. His vet min is 2.56 mil (same as Dudley and Dwight)

The Lakers have played 33 games, the Clippers have played 35. A pro-rated contract would equal 1.53 mil (if he signed today) for the Lakers, 1.47 mil for the Clippers.

The 1.75 mil exception is not pro-rated and won't decrease in value. This is clearly advantage Lakers.

And for every game the Clippers play without signing Collison, that contract loses 30k per game in value. Not to even mention the role and potential better endorsements he'd get as a starter on the Lakers compared to as a Clip.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#10 » by bellabiyel » Thu Jan 2, 2020 2:03 am

i hope he and vogel has good relationship it should be aadvantage
AUSTHIM REAVES
politm
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#11 » by politm » Thu Jan 2, 2020 3:55 am

C'mon LeBron, do your magic...
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#12 » by kblo247 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:11 am

Dr Aki wrote:Collison is a 10 year vet. His vet min is 2.56 mil (same as Dudley and Dwight)

The Lakers have played 33 games, the Clippers have played 35. A pro-rated contract would equal 1.53 mil (if he signed today) for the Lakers, 1.47 mil for the Clippers.

The 1.75 mil exception is not pro-rated and won't decrease in value. This is clearly advantage Lakers.

And for every game the Clippers play without signing Collison, that contract loses 30k per game in value. Not to even mention the role and potential better endorsements he'd get as a starter on the Lakers compared to as a Clip.

plus the last time he was with Doc his minutes were limited as hell. This team is better than that group on the perimeter.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,830

Post#13 » by Beethoven » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:31 am

Wouldn't he be out of shape and sort of wobbly from his knee surgery couple years ago ?
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#14 » by nzahir » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:34 am

Beethoven wrote:Wouldn't he be out of shape and sort of wobbly from his knee surgery couple years ago ?

What?

Why would a knee surgery from years ago be an issue moreso now when he just played last season???

He isn't trying to get signed rn, he wants 1-2 months to get in shape. And its not like he hasn't played any ball or worked out, I bet he still is consistently working out, just not in NBA game shape.

He was playing games this summer
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#15 » by Ballerhogger » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:41 am

TylersLakers wrote:This has to happen. He would fill the biggest need this team has.

Agreed .

:pray:
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Beethoven » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:43 am

nzahir wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Wouldn't he be out of shape and sort of wobbly from his knee surgery couple years ago ?

What?

Why would a knee surgery from years ago be an issue moreso now when he just played last season???

He isn't trying to get signed rn, he wants 1-2 months to get in shape. And its not like he hasn't played any ball or worked out, I bet he still is consistently working out, just not in NBA game shape.

He was playing games this summer

Ok got it. No worries.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Beethoven » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:49 am

I don't know how much faith he has in his religion to keep him a man of integrity but I can see Ballmer offering him incentives and cash under the table to entice him to the hobos.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#18 » by Kilroy » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:02 am

I think we should be cautious with a 30+ guy taking a year off, and trying to come back... That usually doesn't look anything like it did before the player left.
But if he can do what he was doing before he retired, it'd be a god-send for us...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#19 » by LALifer49 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:47 am

Kilroy wrote:I think we should be cautious with a 30+ guy taking a year off, and trying to come back... That usually doesn't look anything like it did before the player left.
But if he can do what he was doing before he retired, it'd be a god-send for us...

Well, it’s worth pointing out, less than a year off. Half a season really. And not coming back from injury. True he’ll need to get in shape, but hopefully that isn’t too large an obstacle, considering he’s planning this comeback Im sure he’s been maintaining decent shape.

Another thing I noted when looking at his stats that I take as a positive is his numbers are super consistent, assists/points/tos, fg/3s/fts very consistent his whole career, so he seems quite reliable.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#20 » by JVL » Thu Jan 2, 2020 9:59 am

He's a Laker unless he has a bad relationship with Vogel.

Would be a great signing if he's in solid shape. Dude is extremely consistent, lights out from 3, takes care of the ball. He's the piece we desperately need to make us very dangerous.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers