Andre Iguodala, Warriors Have Mutual Interest In 20-21 Reunion

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Andre Iguodala, Warriors Have Mutual Interest In 20-21 Reunion 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 2, 2020 4:40 pm

The Golden State Warriors and Andre Iguodala have mutual interest in a reunion during the 2020 offseason.

Iguodala remains in limbo as the Memphis Grizzlies attempt to trade him by the deadline and he continues to live in the Bay Area. Iguodala continues to remain "deeply connected to the people in the (Golden State) organization who matter" writes Anthony Slater of The Athletic. 

If Iguodala is not traded by the deadline and is eventually bought out, the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers are expected to be the two teams he considers. 

Via Anthony Slater/The Athletic

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: Andre Iguodala, Warriors Have Mutual Interest In 20-21 Reunion 

Post#2 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Jan 2, 2020 5:33 pm

The moment Dre hangs up his sneakers, I want to see him become Bob Myers' apprentice in the front office.

The moment Draymond calls it quits, I want to see him on the bench as one of Kerr's assistants.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#3 » by cdubbz » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:09 pm

thinkingwarriors wrote:The moment Dre hangs up his sneakers, I want to see him become Bob Myers' apprentice in the front office.

The moment Draymond calls it quits, I want to see him on the bench as one of Kerr's assistants.

Iggy as a future GM of the Warriors would be great
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#4 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 6:16 pm

He will turn 36 this month, and has already played 1,250 games. He wasn't even in top 200 in PER last season. He could still be a rotation piece by next year, but I don't think he has the 6th man value anymore.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:18 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:The moment Dre hangs up his sneakers, I want to see him become Bob Myers' apprentice in the front office.

He can't even negoitate his way out of Memphis lol..
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#6 » by cheese318 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 5:27 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:

He can't even negoitate his way out of Memphis lol..

This is def going to be his last big contract even though he has made a great living in his career NBA earnings ($166M lifetime earnings) so if he truly wanted to give them a deal to get free he should be able to do so. Seems like MEM truly thinks he’s a valued asset.

Only way he is a valued asset is if MEM is willing to eat a bad contract 1-2 years long. If not this posturing is a waste of time. Another team will trade for him and buy him out imo if the trade is to dump a bad contract. Which contending teams are going to offer picks and matching salary to make this happen?
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion