Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Amick: Lakers listening to offers for Kuzma 

Post#1 » by dockingsched » Sun Jan 5, 2020 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,466

Re: Amick: Lakers listening to offers for Kuzma 

Post#2 » by dockingsched » Sun Jan 5, 2020 5:04 pm

Makes some sense to try to move him now. Long term, he’s looking at an extension this summer or restricted free agency next summer and with him basically playing the same position as AD, it’s hard to justify a significant contractual investment.

Short term with the current title hopes and Lebron’s age, you’re better off with someone who’s entire value is in current level of play, not in potential.

He’s playing well enough that he brings you on court value so you shouldn’t trade him unless it’s the right package, but he’s still far enough from his free agency that some may still put value in him across the league.

Don’t expect a package to be able to be worked out, but it makes all the sense in the world to try to see what you can get for him now before you’re forced to commit to him at free agency.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,804

Post#3 » by TyCobb » Sun Jan 5, 2020 7:02 pm

Rondo, Kuzma, and Cook for Rose and pick.

Get it done already.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#4 » by myersia » Sun Jan 5, 2020 7:08 pm

I love kuzma. But we need to trade him and get value now. Especially in the form of a playmaker, defensive, decent shooting pg.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#5 » by Landsberger » Sun Jan 5, 2020 9:42 pm

At his number right now it seems like selling very low. At draft time however his number jumps quite a bit to $3.6M Who are we going to get with him and some bench fodder that's realistically better? Maybe it can be done but seems like an iffy proposition.

Kuz is the last guy we have some level of control over. Davis and Bron will eat all of the cap along with Green. So if he's sent packing we're down to 1 year scraps to piece together teams over the next 4 years or so. We're not getting any valuable long term signings for the MLE and we don't draft again until I retire.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#6 » by kblo247 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 10:07 pm

TyCobb wrote:Rondo, Kuzma, and Cook for Rose and pick.

Get it done already.

Did you forget the tidbit of history where the pressure of playing with Lebron was so much that Rose broke mentally and ran away from the cavs team? So you want him to return to play with lebron and deal with being a Laker and Hollywood :lol: :lol:

And Amick isn’t writing anything knew Shams wrote yesterday that teams were calling about Kuz and asking Rob about him but rob wasn’t shopping him. McTen also asked Kuz directly and he said he’s gotten used to it as he’s been in trade talks and rumors every year since he got drafted in January and February.

You deal also ignores Rondo has the right to veto any deal he is in.

Did I add in the fact back to Kuzma if you take out the first 4 games of the year where he returned with no camp, he’s shot 41 from three even with the half court heaves and buzzer beaters he takes that others shy away from to kill their percentage? Did you know he shoots 55% from the corner on threes this year, better than anyone on the team? Did you know hes 94th percentile in the league defending the pick and roll on the year showing he’s improved his defense? Oh and that he’s doing all this playing 7 less minutes a night and taking 6 less shots than last year.

Least you could have did was add Markieff to make it less laughable an offer
kblo247
RealGM

Post#7 » by kblo247 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 10:18 pm

What the lakers should do is consolidate Cook, Caruso, and Bradley into one player like Markieff Morris.

Then they should promote kcp to full time starter.

Then you lower Rondos minutes so he stays healthy for the playoffs and isn’t over exposed .

Then your prioritize Kuzma getting 27-30mins a night and using him as not just the Bron/AD replacement but as the swingman replacement because Greens minutes are clearly being monitored to the playoffs come because of past injuries.

Then you sign Collison, let him work his way to nba shape, and give him 20 mins a night.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#8 » by kblo247 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 10:23 pm

Last but not least reading is fundamental

Amick confirmed, as did Charania, that there’s interest around the league, but added: “From the Lakers’ perspective, this open-phone-lines approach is merely a case of Pelinka doing due diligence as opposed to having substantive discussions.

“If only because nothing of real interest has come their way — yet.”

https://bit.ly/2QMz7Qt
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#9 » by Kilroy » Sun Jan 5, 2020 11:15 pm

I still think our price is going to be too high for Kuz... I kind of doubt he gets moved..
That's generally how I interpret "listening to offers" anyway. It's more fishing for offers and hoping to get your number.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM

Post#10 » by kblo247 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 12:04 am

Kilroy wrote:I still think our price is going to be too high for Kuz... I kind of doubt he gets moved..
That's generally how I interpret "listening to offers" anyway. It's more fishing for offers and hoping to get your number.

His price is 2 mil and the only way to get real talent is to deplete guys who can play and make yourself worse in Green or piss off guys who can veto you in Rondo, kcp, and Javale for the second straight year and cause them to all look at LeBron like a cancerous bitch .

It is much smarter to keep Kuzma, try to pay Collison for the DPE, and then look to consolidate Caruso and Bradley into one player with Cook as the guy to make money work
kblo247
RealGM

Post#11 » by kblo247 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 12:08 am

Another Kuzma note:

Kyle Kuzma has 10 games with at least 12 FGA. In those games he's averaging 19 PPG on 47/38/85 splits. He’s also played over 27 mins in each of those games where his attempts were basically close to his first two years ... just saying. Minutes and attempts are almost equal to automatic production from him. He’s just playing his role this year

Same can be said of KCP, when he’s gotten his big minutes he’s put up shots and produced all year. It’s on Vogle to figure out how to to get them time they deserve much like Lou and Trez get off the bench, as they’ve produced despite being short leashed
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#12 » by Landsberger » Mon Jan 6, 2020 12:39 am

The "Trade Kuzma" stuff is based in the thought that we need a starting PG. Bron is and will be the primary ball handler when he's in he game. That's where he's the best and quite frankly we're the best. Now we do need a PG who can create and score off the bench but if you take Kuzma then who is this PG creating for? Dudley? To me a trade of Kuzma may give us a serviceable PG off the bench but you lose a young forward who can score in bunches.... which is the only thing we have going for us on our bench at the moment. You trade Kuzma at the draft when he's worth double what he is now... or you re-sign him. I don't see us able to get anyone in FA who can bring what he does with our cap situation not to mention our draft situation.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#13 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:01 am

kblo247 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:I still think our price is going to be too high for Kuz... I kind of doubt he gets moved..

His price is 2 mil and the only way to get real talent is to deplete guys who can play and make yourself worse in Green or piss off guys who can veto you in Rondo, kcp, and Javale for the second straight year and cause them to all look at LeBron like a cancerous bitch .

It is much smarter to keep Kuzma, try to pay Collison for the DPE, and then look to consolidate Caruso and Bradley into one player with Cook as the guy to make money work

Actually, technically... I think his price is whatever the other team will take back in an 'extend and trade'...

I don't think anyone honestly believes all Kuz is worth is his current contract value.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
kblo247
RealGM

Post#14 » by kblo247 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:45 am

Kilroy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Actually, technically... I think his price is whatever the other team will take back in an 'extend and trade'...

I don't think anyone honestly believes all Kuz is worth is his current contract value.

No I don’t mean that. I mean to try to trade him mid season you are very limited in what you can do.

It’s easy in the lotto or offseason but right now with teams hard capped, rosters set, you are very limited.

I mean the Bulls for instance would extend him, as would power forward heaven NY, or SA with Pop raving about him in team USA. The problem is none of those teams can give you back true value for him and none of them can give you back what you would want if you were LA because you would need to make money match.

I mean if I’m the spurs and the lakers call and say Derozan for Kuzma, I do it because Derozan doesn’t fit in SA and he limits them, whereas KYLE is the stretch 4 they need with Aldridge and cost controlled. But then you go into well you have to throw in Green to make money work because KCP and Javale can say no, be pissed after saying no and sulk after the Lebron **** last year, and so on.

Same scenario comes up with Lavine and Marcus Morris is going to have the same problems Kuz has here off the bench, whereas Randle isn’t a winning player so you don’t help yourself if you are LA.

The Rose stuff gets mentioned on message boards but it ignores Rose was broken by Lebron to the point he left the team for his own mental health. And even last year he ignored Bron trying to shake his hand in one TV game. He isn’t with that circus mentally and the la spotlight and expectations add to it.

Kuzma isn’t a problem and honestly I get people fretting over stuff but the simple solution is okay the boy 30 damn minutes a night. He’s shot the 3 like asked. He’s come off the bench like asked. He’s defended like asked. And you control his salary for another year and half and have him restricted. It’s not hard to use Kuz as a swing when he’s defending as he has. In fact he’s seen the floor with Ad, Bron, and Dwight as well as AD, Bron, and Javale recently and the lineups been a +. And using him as a swing some more keeps AD at the 4 with less wear and it keeps Green fresh for the playoffs.

They also need to do the same with KCP. Let him eat some of Bradley, Rondo, and Caruso minutes don’t he’s sitting between 27-30mins a night regardless of starting.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#15 » by iamworthy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes please!!!!
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#16 » by TylersLakers » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:38 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes please!!!!

I've talked about this deal as one of the only deals around the league that make any sense for Kuz. Luke likes him, he's on a cheap contract for the next couple seasons, etc.

We'd also have to give up Bradley to match salaries. I would also want a draft pick back, if I'm the Lakers. Maybe a 2021 1st or something that's Top 10 protected for Sacramento.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

Post#17 » by Slava » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:42 pm

It's happening!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#18 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:45 pm

Bogdanovic for Kuzma? Ill take that deal!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#19 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:49 pm

I was on the original Bogdan wagon, switched to Bertans at some point..

But **** it, I'll still take Bogie in a heartbeat!!
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#20 » by iamworthy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:54 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes please!!!!

My post from the other kuz tread we had

iamworthy wrote:Can we get bogdon bogdanovic?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1887903&start=240

:nod:

Return to Los Angeles Lakers