And1: 2,750

Re: Amick: Lakers listening to offers for Kuzma 

Post#21 » by ROballer » Mon Jan 6, 2020 7:57 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes please!!!!

I've talked about this deal as one of the only deals around the league that make any sense for Kuz. Luke likes him, he's on a cheap contract for the next couple seasons, etc.

We'd also have to give up Bradley to match salaries. I would also want a draft pick back, if I'm the Lakers. Maybe a 2021 1st or something that's Top 10 protected for Sacramento.

This would be ideal since it will free up a roster spot to sign Collison. I doubt we could score a 1st from them with their outlook, but they do have 4 second rounders this year. I'll take two of them, it's better than nothing.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Post#22 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:16 pm

Divac is easily the worst GM in the league so any move with the Kings is a good move.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#23 » by hazy_01 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:50 pm

For Bogs and potentially more? Bye Kuz, good to know ya
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,651

Post#24 » by dockingsched » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Im just enjoying Woj being cut out of these leaks
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#25 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:14 pm

I like how Kuz has been playing recently, but this kinda seems like a no-brainer. My full-on paranoia about Lakers targeting 'Shooters' and having them come in and lay bricks, is strong... But we need to do something.

A guy like Brogs should get a ton of open looks here.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#26 » by Ball so hard » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:15 pm

kblo247 wrote:Another Kuzma note:

Kyle Kuzma has 10 games with at least 12 FGA. In those games he's averaging 19 PPG on 47/38/85 splits. He’s also played over 27 mins in each of those games where his attempts were basically close to his first two years ... just saying. Minutes and attempts are almost equal to automatic production from him. He’s just playing his role this year

Same can be said of KCP, when he’s gotten his big minutes he’s put up shots and produced all year. It’s on Vogle to figure out how to to get them time they deserve much like Lou and Trez get off the bench, as they’ve produced despite being short leashed

I've been saying essentially the same thing for months now. Minutes and touches are way down, yet people are wondering why he isn't producing. It's really not complicated.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#27 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:23 pm

If we could sign Collison and trade for Bogs... That'd be pretty solid, and wouldn't completely close the door on signing Iggy too if he hit the buyout market...

Now if we could just find a way to disappear Rondo for a few months.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#28 » by Ball so hard » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:29 pm

Bagdonovic is a very good player, but i'm not sure this is the right move. We essentially be trading our only trade piece for a player that plays just about all is minutes at the SG and SF position, which happens to be our deepest position. We have Green, Bradley, KCP, and even Lebron spending a great deal of time at the SG/SF position.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#29 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:40 pm

Ball so hard wrote:Bagdonovic is a very good player, but i'm not sure this is the right move. We essentially be trading our only trade piece for a player that plays just about all is minutes at the SG and SF position, which happens to be our deepest position. We have Green, Bradley, KCP, and even Lebron spending a great deal of time at the SG/SF position.

He'd essentially be playing the same position as Kuz though... Kuz isn't playing PF very much right now any we switch like crazy anyway...
And I'd assume we wouldn't pull the trigger on this trade unless we knew Collison was coming.

Bradley Green Lebron Davis McGee, probably isn't going to be effected by any of this...

But instead of Rondo KCP Kuz Howard Davis, or Rondo Caruso KCP Kuz Howard... We'd have Collison KCP Bogs to throw in with Davis and Howard or Howard and Caruso.

It also gives us another guy we can throw in on the nights Green can't get shots off or hit the backboard.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#30 » by NBAWestFan » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:46 pm

TyCobb wrote:Rondo, Kuzma, and Cook for Rose and pick.

Get it done already.

I like the Idea of getting Rose.

He is a playmaker. Not sure Detroit wants to give him up but maybe for a young Kuzma.

DRose

Then get a Defense Kawhi/PG Stopper
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#31 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:51 pm

I think Collison/Love would be a really great combination of talent to pick up, but I don't know how you make money work... Unless you gave Kuz a ridiculous extension in the process.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Post#32 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:25 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:

Get it done already.

He is a playmaker. Not sure Detroit wants to give him up but maybe for a young Kuzma.

DRose

Yeah I have been wanting this too. Rose brings so much to the table.
Bogdan doesnt seem like such a good move. I see his 3pt numbers dwindling when he gets here. Other than that , he is not worth much else in the scheme of our offense. I rather have Kuzma.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#33 » by bb22 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:37 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:Bagdonovic is a very good player, but i'm not sure this is the right move. We essentially be trading our only trade piece for a player that plays just about all is minutes at the SG and SF position, which happens to be our deepest position. We have Green, Bradley, KCP, and even Lebron spending a great deal of time at the SG/SF position.

He'd essentially be playing the same position as Kuz though... Kuz isn't playing PF very much right now any we switch like crazy anyway...
And I'd assume we wouldn't pull the trigger on this trade unless we knew Collison was coming.

Bradley Green Lebron Davis McGee, probably isn't going to be effected by any of this...

But instead of Rondo KCP Kuz Howard Davis, or Rondo Caruso KCP Kuz Howard... We'd have Collison KCP Bogs to throw in with Davis and Howard or Howard and Caruso.

It also gives us another guy we can throw in on the nights Green can't get shots off or hit the backboard.

IMO Bogdanovic is a fairly good playmaker, is patient running the pnr, and would complement Lebron and AD well given his shooting and underrated passing ability. He's played in some big games in Europe, and knows how to execute under pressure. If they were to trade for him, I would actually consider giving him Rondo's/Caruso's role as primary ball-handler in that second unit. Let Caruso play off the ball and do what you wish with Rondo.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#34 » by iamworthy » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:42 pm

ROballer wrote:I was on the original Bogdan wagon, switched to Bertans at some point..

But **** it, I'll still take Bogie in a heartbeat!!

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#35 » by Slava » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:43 pm

Not sure how reliable this dude is but Pincus retweeted him and it seems to go with what Stein's tweet suggested.

Read on Twitter
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#36 » by bb22 » Mon Jan 6, 2020 10:47 pm

Beethoven wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:

Get it done already.

DRose

Yeah I have been wanting this too. Rose brings so much to the table.
Bogdan doesnt seem like such a good move. I see his 3pt numbers dwindling when he gets here. Other than that , he is not worth much else in the scheme of our offense. I rather have Kuzma.

In the perfect world, you would have Rose instead of Rondo. Kuz and Rose would make for a good second unit.
Wouldn't trade Kuz + another dude for Rose, though.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#37 » by NippySudz » Mon Jan 6, 2020 11:40 pm

Ball so hard wrote:

Kyle Kuzma has 10 games with at least 12 FGA. In those games he's averaging 19 PPG on 47/38/85 splits. He’s also played over 27 mins in each of those games where his attempts were basically close to his first two years ... just saying. Minutes and attempts are almost equal to automatic production from him. He’s just playing his role this year

Same can be said of KCP, when he’s gotten his big minutes he’s put up shots and produced all year. It’s on Vogle to figure out how to to get them time they deserve much like Lou and Trez get off the bench, as they’ve produced despite being short leashed

I've been saying essentially the same thing for months now. Minutes and touches are way down, yet people are wondering why he isn't producing. It's really not complicated.

He's supposed to be great in his role though. I don't know why people keep giving him excuses. Marcus Morris looks like an All-star on the knicks, but if he went to the lakers or clippers, he's not getting touches.

Sometimes, you can be a great scorer on a bad team. That happens. He has to be more efficient with his touches. I will say though rondo freezing him out doesn't help BUT he cannot score 0 in one game, 19 in another, then 4 in the next game. 4 points against the pistons?

Come on man.

I think he has some talent. I don't see all star, but I think by going to another team, he will have room to grow his game.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#38 » by kblo247 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:05 am

NippySudz wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

He's supposed to be great in his role though. I don't know why people keep giving him excuses. Marcus Morris looks like an All-star on the knicks, but if he went to the lakers or clippers, he's not getting touches.

Sometimes, you can be a great scorer on a bad team. That happens. He has to be more efficient with his touches. I will say though rondo freezing him out doesn't help BUT he cannot score 0 in one game, 19 in another, then 4 in the next game. 4 points against the pistons?

Come on man.

I think he has some talent. I don't see all star, but I think by going to another team, he will have room to grow his game.

What is his role though? Until recently no bench player on the Lakers had cracked 25mins regularly, so there was no sixth man. Not him, not Dwight, not Rondo, Not KCP. It took Bradley going down and a 9 man rotation for Vogle to start breaking the minutes up to starters minutes for Kuzma and KCP. And even then KCP hasn't gotten big minutes to the other night since Bradlewy started back starting. Vogle has a problem giving 30 mins to them unlike Lou and Trez get for example. A lot of problems and being great in the role comes with time and shots. He has to give Kuz and KCP the guaranteed time to play big minutes which means cutting the time of Rondo and Caruso to the lower teens
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#39 » by kblo247 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:06 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Bogdanovic for Kuzma? Ill take that deal!

A guy who shoots the three worse, defends worse, and is shorter so essentially AD and Bron have no backup if one gets hurt :lol:
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#40 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:12 am

kblo247 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

Come on man.

What is his role though? Until recently no bench player on the Lakers had cracked 25mins regularly, so there was no sixth man. Not him, not Dwight, not Rondo, Not KCP. It took Bradley going down and a 9 man rotation for Vogle to start breaking the minutes up to starters minutes for Kuzma and KCP. And even then KCP hasn't gotten big minutes to the other night since Bradlewy started back starting. Vogle has a problem giving 30 mins to them unlike Lou and Trez get for example. A lot of problems and being great in the role comes with time and shots. He has to give Kuz and KCP the guaranteed time to play big minutes which means cutting the time of Rondo and Caruso to the lower teens
His role os to lead the second unit and score. Rondo makes that kinda hard but then again, he has games where he gets touches and cannot score. It's not as much as touches he got prior to this year's team but if he gets 10 shots, he needs to make at least 5. That's efficient. Shoot 38 pct from three..that's all they need him to do. KCP out here in limited mins looking serviceable and to be honest he is.

I don't see a trade happening and neither does any member in the media but it goes to show he's not untouchable. Can the Lakers win with kyle kuzma? They have a shot. If they were to get a sweet deal, it would pretty much a wrap.

But that's not likely..they're pinched a little by the AD trade and cap space.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Return to Los Angeles Lakers