Players with best +/- with LeBron and AD

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,507

Players with best +/- with LeBron and AD 

Post#1 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 12:53 am

I thought it'd be interesting to show the players with the best chemistry to LeBron and AD because both these guys will play 40+ minutes in the playoffs.

Here is a list of the average rank of 2-man relationships that Lakers players have with LeBron and AD. The lower the rank, the better the player fits with LeBron and AD:

2 Caruso
4.5 Howard
5 Green
5 Cook
5.5 Bradley
5.5 Kuzma
7 McGee
8.5 Caldwell-Pope
9.5 Rondo

This is the likely minutes distribution and rotation that best takes advantage of this data.

16 mins: Cook, Green, LeBron, Kuzma, AD
10 mins: Bradley, Caruso, Green, LeBron, AD
10 mins: KCP, Caruso, LeBron, AD, Howard
6 mins: Cook, Bradley, LeBron, Kuzma, Howard
6 mins: Bradley, KCP, Caruso, AD, Howard

42 mins - LeBron, AD
26 mins - Caruso, Green
22 mins - Cook, Bradley, Kuzma, Howard
16 mins - KCP

Some points to take away:
- There is risk to trading Bradley and Kuzma for another player.
- Lakers best bet is picking up Collison then trading Kuzma and Bradley for an SG/SF (Iggy or Bogdan).
- Cook is underrated and doesn't get enough minutes.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Players with best +/- with LeBron and AD 

Post#2 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:06 am

I don't think the Lakers have any interest in trading Bradley. I think they'd trade Cook and the Cousins exception with Kuz.
That would get them Brogdon and free up a roster spot for Collison. Then they could just waive Daniels if Iggy became available.

Cook may be a good fit on paper but the sample size is really small and the eye test isn't that great. He's not a good defender or a great facilitator. He's got decent handles and can penetrate and dish, but Bradley is a far better fit just based on how much better the defense is with him on the floor.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,835

Post#3 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jan 7, 2020 1:47 am

Cook sucks. He'd be slightly useful as a deep reserve if he was making 3s, but he's not so his value is pretty much nil.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#4 » by Showtime:Part2 » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:12 am

The only surprise to me here is kcp
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,112

Post#5 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 7, 2020 10:14 pm

Cook's stats are inflated due to early season burn and would probably come back to earth should he actually start getting PT
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#6 » by NippySudz » Wed Jan 8, 2020 12:06 pm

Kilroy wrote:I don't think the Lakers have any interest in trading Bradley. I think they'd trade Cook and the Cousins exception with Kuz.
That would get them Brogdon and free up a roster spot for Collison. Then they could just waive Daniels if Iggy became available.

Cook may be a good fit on paper but the sample size is really small and the eye test isn't that great. He's not a good defender or a great facilitator. He's got decent handles and can penetrate and dish, but Bradley is a far better fit just based on how much better the defense is with him on the floor.

Avery Bradley is fool's gold. Ask any clipper fan and they'll tell you. Doc use to play this guy heavy mins and he couldn't produce

Against playoff teams were bigger physical guards, he's a non factor

He cannot guard Westbrook, harden, Luka. The clippers, they switch on him and he gets bullied. His abysmal from three so clippers just packed the paint or helped off Bradley and dared him to shoot

If the Lakers can find an attractive offer for him, they should pull the trigger. He's been living off his Boston rep far too long.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,507

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Cook's stats are inflated due to early season burn and would probably come back to earth should he actually start getting PT

Yeah this seems to be the case, though I think he gets more hate than he deserves because his 3% is poor.

He's the only PG we have that can shoot off the dribble and draw gravity with his perceived threat. He might be more of a sign of how much better the Lakers could be with a decent PG.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#8 » by Kilroy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:31 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Cook's stats are inflated due to early season burn and would probably come back to earth should he actually start getting PT

Yeah this seems to be the case, though I think he gets more hate than he deserves because his 3% is poor.

He's the only PG we have that can shoot off the dribble and draw gravity with his perceived threat. He might be more of a sign of how much better the Lakers could be with a decent PG.

He seems to have games where he scores at will off the dribble, like last night... Then games where he's completely lost.

Beyond that though, he really provides nothing. He's not finding guys for open looks, he can't defend, he's not a solid 3pt threat... So he's kind of marginally useful at best.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers