ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 36: Los Angeles Lakers (28-7) vs. Detroit Pistons (13-23) - 10:00 PM ET

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: Game 36: Los Angeles Lakers (28-7) vs. Detroit Pistons (13-23) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#121 » by Ball so hard » Mon Jan 6, 2020 1:00 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:Svi became an elite sharpshooter once he left LA, no surprise here, the trend continues.

PD: Rondo and Kuz are both killing any lead the team has. It is time to make some moves.

Svi was always an elite shooter... it's more apparent now because he's been given an opportunity.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,131

Re: Game 36: Los Angeles Lakers (28-7) vs. Detroit Pistons (13-23) - 10:00 PM ET 

Post#122 » by lambchop » Mon Jan 6, 2020 2:21 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
lakerRD wrote:How do we get Svi back?

Not calling you out as I have no basis to do so... but this is typical of Lakers fans. We have zero patience when it comes to young players. The same fans who are screaming trade Kuzma will be asking how do we trade for Kuzma in 2 years.

True. But put Svi back in a win now / we're trying to build consistency for the playoffs/ we're on ESPN first take every day type of scenario and watch him falter.

It's "easy" to excel in a low pressure situation. Once the players have that grounded confidence they can thrive or at least fulfill their roles more consistently.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#123 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Jan 6, 2020 6:23 pm

Ball so hard wrote:

Not calling you out as I have no basis to do so... but this is typical of Lakers fans. We have zero patience when it comes to young players. The same fans who are screaming trade Kuzma will be asking how do we trade for Kuzma in 2 years.

I always liked Svi and didn't want him to be moved.
We can really use his shooting to spread the floor. He is a sharp shooter.
Not really talking about Kuzma.
Formerly lakerRD
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#124 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jan 7, 2020 3:13 pm

lakerRD wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:

I always liked Svi and didn't want him to be moved.
We can really use his shooting to spread the floor. He is a sharp shooter.
Not really talking about Kuzma.

I like Svi but the issue that I have with him is that he is not the Reggie Miller/Kyle Korver/Clay Thompson type that runs around getting himself open. He is the Stand around catch and shoot type that every body knows to cover and it’s easy to defend. That’s why he only shoots a low number of times.
Forum permissions