2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like 

Post#281 » by TASTIC » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:26 pm

sunskerr wrote:Tastic went and picked up my scraps (Coby White and Kevin Porter Jr.) in the dynasty league. I wanted to trade those guys for draft picks lol but no one would bite. And I've got my keepers already for next year. Wish I could have kept them because I still believe they're decent prospects for rebuilding teams (which I'm not anymore, apparently - thanks Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram), so to see them picked up is, while predictable, still annoying. In fact I was a bit surprised no bottom feeder wanted to give up their 2nd or 3rd round picks for them- which I think was a mistake on their part because some of those teams at the bottom are rostering some really uh, odd choices. Heck, no rebuilding teams even picked them up off waivers or free agency.

Also I'm willing to part with Montrezl or Steven Adams, who are on the trading block. I'll also listen to offers to Kyrie.

Was really surprised both were there considering both aren’t 20 yet and on crap teams, there’s a high chance they get big minutes over the second half. As you say, I don’t understand how some of the lower teams didn’t take a flyer on either guy, considering some players who are rostered. Not naming names but when a player isn’t going to be kept and he’s not an asset right now, what’s the point in not stashing a rookie with upside? Could be your classic good stats bad team guys. In retrospect dropping Melo might not have been the best drop, but there’s a method to the madness. The 1.3ast are horrible considering at PF he doesn’t help enough in either REB or BLK or FG%. So means I can just bench Coby and stash Porter, which should help trim my GP which has gotten out of hand as it always does! WeekapaugGroove still has this, should be easily unless Davis misses significant time - even with Isaac down also.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#282 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:56 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Nobody is going to shed any tears for my dynasty team but holy **** am I destroyed by the injury bug right now.

CJ McCollum is literally my only keeper who's either not a INJ or DTD right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app

AD has been DTD all year though. I know he is apparently out for a few games now but I don't think he's missed one.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#283 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:57 pm

I was surprised people wouldn't trade Holmes, Whiteside or Wendell Carter for Malcolm Brogdon. I even looked at teams needing what he gave (FT%, 3s, assists, etc) and had plenty of blocks/rebounds. I thought I was actually giving away the better player but needed the boards.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#284 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 8, 2020 5:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Nobody is going to shed any tears for my dynasty team but holy **** am I destroyed by the injury bug right now.

CJ McCollum is literally my only keeper who's either not a INJ or DTD right now.

AD has been DTD all year though. I know he is apparently out for a few games now but I don't think he's missed one.
Yeah him and embiid have been pretty healthy. Isaac's injury sucks. Winslow has been hurt most of the year. Bryant hasn't played in like a month. Brogdon has been nicked up a bunch. And now kemba has been sick for like 4 games.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#285 » by TASTIC » Wed Jan 8, 2020 9:31 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I was surprised people wouldn't trade Holmes, Whiteside or Wendell Carter for Malcolm Brogdon. I even looked at teams needing what he gave (FT%, 3s, assists, etc) and had plenty of blocks/rebounds. I thought I was actually giving away the better player but needed the boards.

Yeah it's tricky - cos Brogdon has been banged up and over the last month he's been 39% from the field, that's brutal. He's going to take a hit when Oladipo is back too, but I think WCJ would have been fair value, probably Holmes too. But now they're both hurt as well! Whiteside has been huge this season, contract year goodness as always...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#286 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:33 pm

TASTIC wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I was surprised people wouldn't trade Holmes, Whiteside or Wendell Carter for Malcolm Brogdon. I even looked at teams needing what he gave (FT%, 3s, assists, etc) and had plenty of blocks/rebounds. I thought I was actually giving away the better player but needed the boards.

Yeah it's tricky - cos Brogdon has been banged up and over the last month he's been 39% from the field, that's brutal. He's going to take a hit when Oladipo is back too, but I think WCJ would have been fair value, probably Holmes too. But now they're both hurt as well! Whiteside has been huge this season, contract year goodness as always...

When healthy, Brogdon is solid. I think with Dipo back it will help his %s, assists and 3s. He might dip in overall points, but he will see less pressure from the defense. The best defensive guard won't be on him every night. I'm fine keeping him, as long as AD is getting 8 blocks a night. I also picked up Dieng. My premier team is killing me though...with Draymond, picked in the late 20s useless, and Siakam, also picked in 20s out, as well as FVV and Brogdon.

Somehow I'm still in 3rd now but the top 7 or so are very tight.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by TASTIC » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:

When healthy, Brogdon is solid. I think with Dipo back it will help his %s, assists and 3s. He might dip in overall points, but he will see less pressure from the defense. The best defensive guard won't be on him every night. I'm fine keeping him, as long as AD is getting 8 blocks a night. I also picked up Dieng. My premier team is killing me though...with Draymond, picked in the late 20s useless, and Siakam, also picked in 20s out, as well as FVV and Brogdon.

Brogdon has probably won a lot of people a lot of leagues, just with his early play. Dieng has been amazing too, have him in 3-4 leagues and the added 3pt is a huge bonus. Draymond - easy to say now, but as soon as Curry went down his value/minutes disappeared, along with D-Lo being in/out so often. I think Draymond's been completely exposed as a 'star'. He's a star role player, that's it. When he doesn't have the pressure he's an All Star and he can put his effort into defending and being an agitator, but when he's option 2 he's exposed as a fraud. Can't stand that guy.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#288 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 11:07 pm

TASTIC wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Yeah it's tricky - cos Brogdon has been banged up and over the last month he's been 39% from the field, that's brutal. He's going to take a hit when Oladipo is back too, but I think WCJ would have been fair value, probably Holmes too. But now they're both hurt as well! Whiteside has been huge this season, contract year goodness as always...

Brogdon has probably won a lot of people a lot of leagues, just with his early play. Dieng has been amazing too, have him in 3-4 leagues and the added 3pt is a huge bonus. Draymond - easy to say now, but as soon as Curry went down his value/minutes disappeared, along with D-Lo being in/out so often. I think Draymond's been completely exposed as a 'star'. He's a star role player, that's it. When he doesn't have the pressure he's an All Star and he can put his effort into defending and being an agitator, but when he's option 2 he's exposed as a fraud. Can't stand that guy.

I would have never called him a star in the general sense. He's a defensive anchor/distributor but obviously your assist #s will look better with Curry, Klay and KD shooting off of your passes. I just think they are playing him few minutes and he's not particularly motivated all the time. I think he's still a damn good player but he will never do much offensively unless he has a lot of spot up shooters and a good offensive system running, kind of like how SSOL inflated Nash's assist #s.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#289 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:19 am

TASTIC wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Tastic went and picked up my scraps (Coby White and Kevin Porter Jr.) in the dynasty league. I wanted to trade those guys for draft picks lol but no one would bite. And I've got my keepers already for next year. Wish I could have kept them because I still believe they're decent prospects for rebuilding teams (which I'm not anymore, apparently - thanks Jaylen Brown and Brandon Ingram), so to see them picked up is, while predictable, still annoying. In fact I was a bit surprised no bottom feeder wanted to give up their 2nd or 3rd round picks for them- which I think was a mistake on their part because some of those teams at the bottom are rostering some really uh, odd choices. Heck, no rebuilding teams even picked them up off waivers or free agency.

Also I'm willing to part with Montrezl or Steven Adams, who are on the trading block. I'll also listen to offers to Kyrie.

Was really surprised both were there considering both aren’t 20 yet and on crap teams, there’s a high chance they get big minutes over the second half. As you say, I don’t understand how some of the lower teams didn’t take a flyer on either guy, considering some players who are rostered. Not naming names but when a player isn’t going to be kept and he’s not an asset right now, what’s the point in not stashing a rookie with upside? Could be your classic good stats bad team guys. In retrospect dropping Melo might not have been the best drop, but there’s a method to the madness. The 1.3ast are horrible considering at PF he doesn’t help enough in either REB or BLK or FG%. So means I can just bench Coby and stash Porter, which should help trim my GP which has gotten out of hand as it always does! WeekapaugGroove still has this, should be easily unless Davis misses significant time - even with Isaac down also.
I never even saw those guys available on the market, but I know I've tried to grab a couple of young guys off waivers but was beaten to them. Some of these bad teams aren't giving their young guys too much of a leash, which is a little frustrating.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#290 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 9, 2020 1:35 am

MrMiyagi wrote:I never even saw those guys available on the market, but I know I've tried to grab a couple of young guys off waivers but was beaten to them. Some of these bad teams aren't giving their young guys too much of a leash, which is a little frustrating.

They were on my trade block for at least a week and I was sending out offers to a lot of teams.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#291 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Jan 9, 2020 2:09 am

sunskerr wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:I never even saw those guys available on the market, but I know I've tried to grab a couple of young guys off waivers but was beaten to them. Some of these bad teams aren't giving their young guys too much of a leash, which is a little frustrating.

They were on my trade block for at least a week and I was sending out offers to a lot of teams.

Yeah, I think you offered me Coby White for Zach Collins (and a pick swap?), and I rejected it hoping Collins comes back, plays well and doesn't randomly injure his shoulder next year. It's a different proposition dropping a player with no future on your team vs trading away a guy you think (hope) does.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#292 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 9, 2020 8:14 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
sunskerr wrote:

Yeah, I think you offered me Coby White for Zach Collins (and a pick swap?), and I rejected it hoping Collins comes back, plays well and doesn't randomly injure his shoulder next year. It's a different proposition dropping a player with no future on your team vs trading away a guy you think (hope) does.

White’s available again, I claimed Crowder - needed the FT%, STL and 3PT. So have at it!
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#293 » by bigfoot » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:09 pm

TASTIC wrote:

The problem is many bottom dynasty teams already have a lot of young players (keepers) better than White and Porter Jr waiting in the wings. And offering to take Covington off my hands for Coby White or a 2nd round pick for Kevin Porter seems a bit unbalanced. Tell me why you think I would want Kevin Porter as a keeper SG when I'm already loaded with players covering SG in Herro, Heurter, Bogdanovic, Curry, Norman Powell, and Melton who all cover multiple positions at either PG/SG or SG/SF and currently have better value than Kevin Porter who only plays SG.

Really some of the trades I've been offered this season are downright offensive. It always seems to be a top team offering dregs for my decent veteran players or my early draft picks. I might just start responding to these ridiculous trade offers with "WHAT DO YOU THINK??? I'M NOT THAT STUPID"
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#294 » by Desertfox » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:03 pm

Yeah I have the too many keepers problem. I would love to pick up White but no space for him. Way too many good SFs as well, I would love to consolidate a couple of them for a better player.

I don't know how I'm doing so well in G-League with only one top 40 player (granted it is Harden...) and both Ayton and Zion out for most of the season so far.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#295 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 9, 2020 8:14 pm

bigfoot wrote:
TASTIC wrote:

The problem is many bottom dynasty teams already have a lot of young players (keepers) better than White and Porter Jr waiting in the wings. And offering to take Covington off my hands for Coby White or a 2nd round pick for Kevin Porter seems a bit unbalanced. Tell me why you think I would want Kevin Porter as a keeper SG when I'm already loaded with players covering SG in Herro, Heurter, Bogdanovic, Curry, Norman Powell, and Melton who all cover multiple positions at either PG/SG or SG/SF and currently have better value than Kevin Porter who only plays SG.

Really some of the trades I've been offered this season are downright offensive. It always seems to be a top team offering dregs for my decent veteran players or my early draft picks. I might just start responding to these ridiculous trade offers with "WHAT DO YOU THINK??? I'M NOT THAT STUPID"

Ha, that must have been sunskerr - that's a crap offer. Mine are usually only bad initially, not crap haha.

There's at least 8-10 players on the bottom 4-5 teams that have zero chance of being kept and zero chance of helping them this season, so a guy like White or Porter with potential should not be sitting on waivers/FA when they have so much more upside...
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#296 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:57 pm

I don't necessarily think those are crap offers (well, for Covington, I'll admit I'm stretching it). These guys are 19 years old with all the minutes in the world in front of them. You're not supposed to value them like they're 30 year old vets putting up 9 pts 5 reb. Particularly for White- he was the #7 pick in the 2019 draft for a reason, so there's a lot of potential there. A second round pick is easily a fair starting point for negotiating.

And on a lot of the bottom team's rosters, there are loads of players who could have been cut for White/Porter or used as filler for a pick swap.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#297 » by MathiasPW » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:36 pm

365 games in, and Weekapaug is showing signs of weakness - physical weakness, creating injuries, leading to leadership weakness, losing points. As it stands, his 1st spot is at risk, as he is falling behind on games played (25 below league average) and will have to fill them at some point with underperformers, adding pressure to his score totals. Will they be enough? Should he trade oft-injured Joel Embiid for a nice stable piece such as Kevin Lov...ok, that might be too much.

Qwigglez is looking hungrily at that first spot, creating a narrow gap between him and 3rd, 4th and 5th places. TASTIC continues to gain positions, even when noone understands how, leading to conspiracy theories that he has hacked the system. But overall, the top 5 have, collectively, lost 28 points in the past month (or so)! So, where have these points gone? I honestly can't tell, but promise all I'm looking for them.*

Here is a second version of that tracking graph, but now with points instead of positions, so you can see how you've been doing in relative and absolute terms. Keep at it!

*Upon further investigation, it was discovered that there was a weird extra 100 points distributed during the 300GP ranking, but it's been fixed, even though the cause has not been identified. The graph has a normalized point distribution.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#298 » by Desertfox » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Well made it out of that cellar (huge dip at 200 gp!) but still stuck in the second tier at 68 points.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#299 » by TASTIC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:21 pm

MathiasPW wrote:365 games in, and Weekapaug is showing signs of weakness - physical weakness, creating injuries, leading to leadership weakness, losing points. As it stands, his 1st spot is at risk, as he is falling behind on games played (25 below league average) and will have to fill them at some point with underperformers, adding pressure to his score totals. Will they be enough? Should he trade oft-injured Joel Embiid for a nice stable piece such as Kevin Lov...ok, that might be too much.

Qwigglez is looking hungrily at that first spot, creating a narrow gap between him and 3rd, 4th and 5th places. TASTIC continues to gain positions, even when noone understands how, leading to conspiracy theories that he has hacked the system. But overall, the top 5 have, collectively, lost 28 points in the past month (or so)! So, where have these points gone? I honestly can't tell, but promise all I'm looking for them.*

Here is a second version of that tracking graph, but now with points instead of positions, so you can see how you've been doing in relative and absolute terms. Keep at it!

*Upon further investigation, it was discovered that there was a weird extra 100 points distributed during the 300GP ranking, but it's been fixed, even though the cause has not been identified. The graph has a normalized point distribution.

Ha!

Been riding the hot hands of Dinwiddie and Dieng...And 7 guys ranked top 60 over the last month helps. Capela/Butler have been a perfect combo, especially with Dieng adding the 3pt shot.

So now Kyrie's back and as soon as KAT returns I suspect my lead drops, but it means I can keep my GP in check a bit better going forward too.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#300 » by MathiasPW » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:31 pm

Desertfox wrote:Well made it out of that cellar (huge dip at 200 gp!) but still stuck in the second tier at 68 points.
Downhill mountain bikers still prefer the neverending slope of bwgood's falling graph.

Return to Phoenix Suns