ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA XI

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,829

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#361 » by Beethoven » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Lakers are just 2 point underdogs in tonite's game against Dallas. I dont think AD is playing. I would definitely bet big on Dallas tonite.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#362 » by tugs » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:06 am

Man, Utah will be a problem

Great D, unselfish players, lots of shooters, active off ball movements
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#363 » by iamworthy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:52 pm

Lonzo doing his thing.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#364 » by Landsberger » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:54 pm

tugs wrote:Man, Utah will be a problem

Great D, unselfish players, lots of shooters, active off ball movements

Clarkson has given them spark off the bench that has been missing. He's even been closing games for them. He looks relived to be out of Cleveland.

It took them a while to get used to the new players this year it seems. They are hitting their stride.

That said we match up very well with them. I'm not worried about Utah. We really aren't having issues with anyone other than ourselves this year. Every game we've played and lost has been on us except maybe opening night.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#365 » by Landsberger » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:08 am

The Squatters are going down big again.... this time in Denver.
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 948

Post#366 » by Slink » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:48 am

Landsberger wrote:The Squatters are going down big again.... this time in Denver.

With the loss, they're 5th seed as of now. Interesting how they would do in the first round on the road, especially against Rockets.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#367 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:48 am

HAHAHA **** hobos

hobo fans still talkin like they have the deepest and best team in the league and trying to impress upon others that they "dont care" about the regular season...

well, let me tell you, at what point in the season, do you start thinking , maybe they dont have the best team in the league? lol
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#368 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:29 pm

Utah still a meh team to me. could care less about their current run and how good they play together. kudos to them however.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#369 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:37 pm

Beethoven wrote:HAHAHA **** hobos

hobo fans still talkin like they have the deepest and best team in the league and trying to impress upon others that they "dont care" about the regular season...

well, let me tell you, at what point in the season, do you start thinking , maybe they dont have the best team in the league? lol

That's Kawhi's team... And as such, they think reg season and playoff standings don't matter, because if they get to the playoffs, Kawhi will step up and carry them to a championship. They may be right... But it's getting to be a damn big bet.
I don't think Kawhi realizes how lucky he was last season. He didn't face a single team at their best.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#370 » by Slava » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Kilroy wrote:
Beethoven wrote:HAHAHA **** hobos

That's Kawhi's team... And as such, they think reg season and playoff standings don't matter, because if they get to the playoffs, Kawhi will step up and carry them to a championship. They may be right... But it's getting to be a damn big bet.
I don't think Kawhi realizes how lucky he was last season. He didn't face a single team at their best.

I think Kawhi is acting like he is coming off of a championship and rightfully so. However they are in trouble if the rest of them think they're coming off of a championship season as well because that nonchalance is rubbing off on them. A dude like Paul George who has accomplished **** all in his career needs to be working like a maniac instead of load managing it because his BFF is doing it.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#371 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:59 pm

Slava wrote:However they are in trouble if the rest of them think they're coming off of a championship season as well because that nonchalance is rubbing off on them. A dude like Paul George who has accomplished **** all in his career needs to be working like a maniac instead of load managing it because his BFF is doing it.

Why even mention it...let them believe whatever they want to believe ..it is not like they're my son that i want to have him urgently fix an issue before it is too late.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#372 » by Slava » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:03 pm

Listened to Lamar Odom on the Vince Carter podcast and the poor sap is being played again. Apparently he's found christ and got engaged to a woman, then went and met a pastor who asked him to swear on celibacy until marriage.

Yep, religion is trying to convince a recovering drug and sex addict to remain celibate and I'm sure its not going to lead him down another bender. [/facepalm]
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#373 » by Beethoven » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:32 pm

^well, if he's found Christ , that is good on Lamar , i know we all have our differing opinions here on this kind of thing, but I just wanted to say that being a christian doesnt mean you wont make mistakes again, just means your sincerely faced in the right direction no matter how many steps you take back trying to going forward.
trying to maintain celibacy or swearing on it until marriage, good on him, and it is doesnt really mean anything other than just trying to show your commitment to your mate and to God but if you fail , hey it is failure, 'religion' will condemn you for it, but following christ (i dont see it as religion) is being forgiven and just trying to do the right thing next time.
nuff said alreayd by me.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#374 » by Kilroy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 pm

Slava wrote:Listened to Lamar Odom on the Vince Carter podcast and the poor sap is being played again. Apparently he's found christ and got engaged to a woman, then went and met a pastor who asked him to swear on celibacy until marriage.

Yep, religion is trying to convince a recovering drug and sex addict to remain celibate and I'm sure its not going to lead him down another bender. [/facepalm]

Maybe it was a subtle way of telling him to pump the brakes... Maybe even the pastor can tell he ain't thinking with the right head...

On the other hand, some of those new age churches are like domineering girlfriends themselves... They ain't happy until they're the only ones in your head.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,652

Post#375 » by dockingsched » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 am

Surprised more players don’t get caught dozing off, even ones in uniform.

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#376 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:43 am

The nets court makes it look like they're playing the game on top of a flatscreen showing a black/white movie... It's ugly and it hurts the eyes...
Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 948

Post#377 » by Slink » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 am

Kilroy wrote:The nets court makes it look like they're playing the game on top of a flatscreen showing a black/white movie... It's ugly and it hurts the eyes...

It looks like the players are on a green screen :lol:
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,944

Post#378 » by Sedale Threatt » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:06 am

Ja Morant is what we were all hoping Lonzo could be.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#379 » by tugs » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 am

Ja is so cocky and he can back it up and I love it. 90s-00s vibe to his game
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#380 » by iamworthy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:23 pm

So does Ramona Shelburne work for the clippers now?

Return to Los Angeles Lakers