GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: GT: Nets vs. Jazz 1/14/20 7:30pm EST 

Post#201 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:42 am

Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:
I see you're a blind optimist no one would agree that this team can beat Milwaukee, Toronto or Philly. No one.

Raptors and 6's not that good don't their record fool you. Bucks of course will be heavy favorite but this time around I think we got what it takes to take them out. Imo I got top three teams that separate themselves from others:
Fave- Clips
Right behind them- Lakers and Bucks
Solid- Den, Jazz, C's, Raps, 6's, Indy, BK and Houston.
Feel free to disagree but come playoffs most teams will try to avoid us. Our record don't show how good this team is.

I'm sorry, but I don't see this team winning in the playoffs at the moment. I'd love to be proven wrong, but again, I just don't see it. The 7-game losing streak this team came off of wasn't all because of simple bad luck and Kyrie, for as great as he is, just isn't enough.

This first half of the season didn't tell me nothing about this team. This system looks different without Kyrie and Caris. Right now this team missed a lot of time and need a lot of catching up to do. There's still a lot of games left to work on our chemistry and build some rotations. Talent level and talent that fits is finally showing again. I'm not going to lie I forgotten how good this team can be without those two. At this point we can only agree to disagree.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#202 » by Claud » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:49 am

This was the type of game where KD would have made a significant difference.

Harris, Dinwiddie, Prince, LeVert were all off tonight.

Utah is playing elite basketball without Conley. Ingles, Spida, and Gobert killed us.

GG, onto the next one.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#203 » by gigantes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:58 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, we've got to start working more plays in to get Joe Harris looks. Teams are taking him away and it's hurting us offensively.

Harris needs to touch the ball more, regardless if he shoots it. He does so many good things to help the team on that end, while being a net minus on the other end. Should maximise and minimise that stuff, respectively.

The three primary guards are great and all, but from what I've seen so far, they all have a bias for individual plays, whether scoring or passing. IMO a guy like Joe who's magnificent at making hockey assists could do even more for us, if the touches were spread around a bit more.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#204 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 am

kamaze wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:
Why? They couldn't score consistently or get steps.

I'm not sure what you seen but what I've seen gives me a lot of good data. We missed a lot of plays that can only be polished through playing. We did get stops when needed just didn't score on them. Difference in this game was, they closed 2nd quarter and gave enough effort plays that seal the deal. I see very scary team that can take out any competition in EC. Need to build that chemistry though.

I see you're a blind optimist no one would agree that this team can beat Milwaukee, Toronto or Philly. No one.

i do, so do others. so you are wrong again. some people believe it, not no one like you claim
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,746

Post#205 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:08 am

GTR11 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Raptors and 6's not that good don't their record fool you. Bucks of course will be heavy favorite but this time around I think we got what it takes to take them out. Imo I got top three teams that separate themselves from others:
Fave- Clips
Feel free to disagree but come playoffs most teams will try to avoid us. Our record don't show how good this team is.

I'm sorry, but I don't see this team winning in the playoffs at the moment. I'd love to be proven wrong, but again, I just don't see it. The 7-game losing streak this team came off of wasn't all because of simple bad luck and Kyrie, for as great as he is, just isn't enough.

This first half of the season didn't tell me nothing about this team. This system looks different without Kyrie and Caris. Right now this team missed a lot of time and need a lot of catching up to do. There's still a lot of games left to work on our chemistry and build some rotations. Talent level and talent that fits is finally showing again. I'm not going to lie I forgotten how good this team can be without those two. At this point we can only agree to disagree.

I just think it's a lot to expect that this team can somehow in 43 games change itself to be expected to beat a Top 4 seed. There's still issues with players not being able to create their own shot and shoot efficiently. We still live and die by the 3 and more often than not we die by it and it will likely be our offense the rest of the season even with Kyrie healthy. I still don't think Allen can defend the more physical bigs of the league and I don't think DJ could close out consistently and I see that as a problem by the end of the season.

There are also still so many questions at the moment to conclude we could beat a Top 4 seed. Will Prince find a consistent 3-ball? Can Spencer be more efficient both playing with and without Kyrie? Will Spencer find a clutch gene? Will LeVert take that next step in efficiency as well? Will not having a 3rd string PG be a problem as the season goes on? Will this team fully get over its FT woes?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#206 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 am

Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
kamaze wrote:

Raptors and 6's not that good don't their record fool you. Bucks of course will be heavy favorite but this time around I think we got what it takes to take them out. Imo I got top three teams that separate themselves from others:
Fave- Clips

not having kyrie or levert, havng to play musa and pinson, and dinwiddie being overused for 25 games is exactly why we lost 7 straight.

this is a completely different team now. with kyrie this is a 50 win team. i think if he plays the rest of the year we still manage 48ish wins.

he is dominant. milwaukee is the only team in the east we cant beat in the east
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#207 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 am

Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I just think it's a lot to expect that this team can somehow in 43 games change itself to be expected to beat a Top 4 seed. There's still issues with players not being able to create their own shot and shoot efficiently. We still live and die by the 3 and more often than not we die by it and it will likely be our offense the rest of the season even with Kyrie healthy. I still don't think Allen can defend the more physical bigs of the league and I don't think DJ could close out consistently and I see that as a problem by the end of the season.

There are also still so many questions at the moment to conclude we could beat a Top 4 seed. Will Prince find a consistent 3-ball? Can Spencer be more efficient both playing with and without Kyrie? Will Spencer find a clutch gene? Will LeVert take that next step in efficiency as well? Will not having a 3rd string PG be a problem as the season goes on? Will this team fully get over its FT woes?

with kyrie we are top 4 team. and he is the best shot create and one of if not the most efficient shooter/scorer in the east. its not an issue as long as he is on the floor. i mean look how good he looks just coming off injury. last 3 games weve played really well. we are about to start stomping people. that includes philly who is a trash fraud team weve already stomped once.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#208 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 am

Another excellent game... execution was lackon on some easy ones and they didnt miss threes. i thought we outplayed them but didnt hit our shots and they had alot of funky plays to kill momentum. the mudiary steal and 3 at the end of the half. alleng etting shoved no call on a layup leading to a transition three. jordan missing diniwdide on a wide open backdoor cut that would have cut it to 9 in the third and they score on a phanton foul next possession.

Kyrie was unreal and more important shared the ball, did it in the flow of the offense and hit shot after shot late to keep us on life support

one major concern. levert cant seem to defend anyone. we need to play zone 100% of the time he is on the floor. offensively im not worried he will have some good games but his D is turrible
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#209 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 am

Prokorov wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Raptors and 6's not that good don't their record fool you. Bucks of course will be heavy favorite but this time around I think we got what it takes to take them out. Imo I got top three teams that separate themselves from others:
Fave- Clips

not having kyrie or levert, havng to play musa and pinson, and dinwiddie being overused for 25 games is exactly why we lost 7 straight.

this is a completely different team now. with kyrie this is a 50 win team. i think if he plays the rest of the year we still manage 48ish wins.

To win 48 games, Nets would have to go 30-13 the rest of the way. I haven't looked at the schedule closely, but that's like a 70% winning percentage the rest of the way after giving up so many winnable games against easy teams already.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#210 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:18 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

To win 48 games, Nets would have to go 30-13 the rest of the way. I haven't looked at the schedule closely, but that's like a 70% winning percentage the rest of the way after giving up so many winnable games against easy teams already.

i can see us wining 28-32 games the rest of the way if kyrie plays them all or most. the schedule doesnt matter. with kyrie we can win every night vs anyone anywhwere
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#211 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:20 am

Prokorov wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i can see us wining 28-32 games the rest of the way if kyrie plays them all or most. the schedule doesnt matter. with kyrie we can win every night vs anyone anywhwere

I just don't see it. I'll be more than happy to be wrong though.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#212 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:21 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

I just don't see it. I'll be more than happy to be wrong though.

im not sure why. were deep, we have an elite star. we have tons of shooting. we have bigs. our offense is among the best in the league with kyrie back. and weve started finding ways to get stops. health is all that stands in the way.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#213 » by Rich Rane » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:31 am

Prokorov wrote:im not sure why. were deep, we have an elite star. we have tons of shooting. we have bigs. our offense is among the best in the league with kyrie back. and weve started finding ways to get stops. health is all that stands in the way.

Are we deep though? A lot of the guys are either struggling with consistency and/or efficiency. Harris and Kyrie can shoot, but a lot of the team has had trouble hitting open 3s this season (maybe some advanced stat can prove me wrong, but I feel Prince has been the most disappointing in this regard). And the team found a way to get stops in 1 recent game against the Heat. This team has still lost 8 of its last 10.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#214 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:36 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Prokorov wrote:im not sure why. were deep, we have an elite star. we have tons of shooting. we have bigs. our offense is among the best in the league with kyrie back. and weve started finding ways to get stops. health is all that stands in the way.

Are we deep though? A lot of the guys are either struggling with consistency and/or efficiency. Harris and Kyrie can shoot, but a lot of the team has had trouble hitting open 3s this season (maybe some advanced stat can prove me wrong, but I feel Prince has been the most disappointing in this regard). And the team found a way to get stops in 1 recent game against the Heat. This team has still lost 8 of its last 10.

We are super deep. our superstar missed 26 games and we went .500 without him and levert. you dont do that without depth. with kyrie in the lineup our bench is #3 in the NBA in scoring. again you dont do that without depth

our threes will fall with frequency now that guys can be catch and shoot players and not have to create offense. Prince and temple should see an uptick for sure. dinwiddie should too. and kyrie adds an elite shooter back in the lineuo.

"losing 8 of the last 10" couldnt possibly be more irrelevant. the team that lost 7 in a row is closer to the long island nets than the brooklyn nets. you cant ask musa, pinson to win games for you. youcant ask temple to be a point guard. you cant ask prince to be a go to scorer. and dinwiddie can only shoulder the load alone so long.

we are a 100000% different team now. we are going to stomp people.
gigantes
Starter

Post#215 » by gigantes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:48 am

Prokorov wrote:We are super deep. our superstar missed 26 games and we went .500 without him and levert. you dont do that without depth. with kyrie in the lineup our bench is #3 in the NBA in scoring. again you dont do that without depth

I'm not convinced that's necessarily a product of depth. I think you could also say that's a product of coaching, development, and other good things that the Markinson Nets are known for.

AFAIK in terms of draft position, this team has one of the most paltry collection of assets in the league. Not trying to knock that or anything, since Marks is a wizard at finding gems in the rough, but I'm not sure you can really say the team has "depth" the way you can about many other teams in the league.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#216 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:53 am

gigantes wrote:
Prokorov wrote:We are super deep. our superstar missed 26 games and we went .500 without him and levert. you dont do that without depth. with kyrie in the lineup our bench is #3 in the NBA in scoring. again you dont do that without depth

I'm not convinced that's necessarily a product of depth. I think you could also say that's a product of coaching, development, and other good things that the Markinson Nets are known for.

AFAIK in terms of draft position, this team has one of the most paltry collection of assets in the league. Not trying to knock that or anything, since Marks is a wizard at finding gems in the rough, but I'm not sure you can really say the team has "depth" the way you can about many other teams in the league.

draft picks have little to nothing to do with depth, unless you are projecting future depth maybe.

we have guys who started on our bench. we have runner up for 6th man in dinwiddie. we have a team that played .500 ball when its 2 best players went down. most teams would kill just to have one of the guys we bring off the bench, let alone 5.

Levert would start on alot of teams. Jordan would start on alot of teams. temple could start on some teams. Rodi was a starter on a playoff team last year. this team is as deep as you will ever find.. this year or any year.

if the measure of a deep team isnt:

-bench production
-Team record once injuries happen

then i dont know what is
gigantes
Starter

Post#217 » by gigantes » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:20 am

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:

draft picks have little to nothing to do with depth, unless you are projecting future depth maybe.

we have guys who started on our bench. we have runner up for 6th man in dinwiddie. we have a team that played .500 ball when its 2 best players went down. most teams would kill just to have one of the guys we bring off the bench, let alone 5.

Levert would start on alot of teams. Jordan would start on alot of teams. temple could start on some teams. Rodi was a starter on a playoff team last year. this team is as deep as you will ever find.. this year or any year.

if the measure of a deep team isnt:

-bench production
-Team record once injuries happen

then i dont know what is

Fair enough.

I don't disagree with those notions, but I do think the level of raw talent you're starting with indeed has a certain impact on a player's ceiling, and is a significant factor in the depth discussion.

Not saying character and work habits aren't majorly important too, but these Nets do typically seem like a team that needs everyone to kind of bust it in order to play at our typical level, whereas with some other teams, players can loaf around a bit and still play at a median level due to their greater inherent talent. Probably someone can craft a more skillful argument than that, but I guess I'll just leave it at that for now.
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#218 » by kamaze » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:29 am

Prokorov wrote:
kamaze wrote:
GTR11 wrote:I'm not sure what you seen but what I've seen gives me a lot of good data. We missed a lot of plays that can only be polished through playing. We did get stops when needed just didn't score on them. Difference in this game was, they closed 2nd quarter and gave enough effort plays that seal the deal. I see very scary team that can take out any competition in EC. Need to build that chemistry though.

i do, so do others. so you are wrong again. some people believe it, not no one like you claim

No one outside of delusional fans that is. :lol:

Don't instigate.

- Rich
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#219 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 am

Not mad at this loss, but man every freakin shot was falling for the Jazz it was annoying, they are not that good at shooting. They pick and rolled us to death, that seems like their only play . Gobert gets away with a lot. But the team is just too hot. We couldn't cut the lead closer than 9. DJ had a bad game, he kept fumbling balls and throwing them away on passes, he killed the momentum multiple times.

Kyrie was insane. That dude is ELITE with the ball, it's crazy how a guy so small can be that dominant. We need Levert to get his act together. Now we have to see how well Kyrie and Din mesh together. Kurucs needs more burn. Again, not mad at this loss but we need the win against Philly tomorrow.
Nondescript
Pro Prospect
And1: 175

Post#220 » by Nondescript » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:15 am

Well, just watched most of the game, basically went how I thought. I know it is an 82 game season but I feel like I can count the number of games where everyone was locked in on one hand and that is kind of a problem for me.

Return to Brooklyn Nets