LeMelo Ball Done In Australia

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

LeMelo Ball Done In Australia 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:40 am

Potential top draft pick LaMelo Ball is reportedly done with the Australian NBL, Olgun Uluc from Fox Sports Australia has tweeted.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">LaMelo Ball’s time playing in the NBL is over. “Yeah he’s done,” his manager, Jermaine Jackson, told me this evening.</p>&mdash; Olgun Uluc (@OlgunUluc) <a href="https://twitter.com/OlgunUluc/status/1217741424893915136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Via Fox Sports Australia

lekasjeda
Sophomore
And1: 8

Re: LeMelo Ball Done In Australia 

Post#2 » by lekasjeda » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:19 am

at least spell his name right
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#3 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 am

I don't think any top pick should come from Australia. No one even cares about basketball there. You want someone who lives and breathes the game. They must attend an American college.
Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#4 » by Badbobby » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:13 am

IWishIWasHarden wrote:I don't think any top pick should come from Australia. No one even cares about basketball there. You want someone who lives and breathes the game. They must attend an American college.

Yeah! Just like Luka and Porzingis and Dirk and Yao and... oh, wait a second...
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#5 » by Darthlukey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:42 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:I don't think any top pick should come from Australia. No one even cares about basketball there. You want someone who lives and breathes the game. They must attend an American college.

Australia is very keen on basketball and our elite talent is probably the strongest that its ever been. However, our domestic competition is pretty trash, I wont argue that point. Part of the reason though is that our elite guys are now mostly good enough to play in europe and the nba
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,119

Post#6 » by brutalitops » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Imagine being this wrong.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#7 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:16 pm

brutalitops wrote:

... this frequently.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#8 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:15 pm

Exactly what Chicago needs. I think he's going to be very good next year.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#9 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Badbobby wrote:

Um, they're not Australian last time I checked. If LaMelo Ball wants to go from growing up in the US to playing in some specific parts Europe, that would be fine. I would recommend staying in US college though.

But most people you mentioned excelled at being tall. Yao was bread to be a basketball player quite literally, so basketball was in his family and country and in him as a very specific purpose. Feel free to keep naming Asians if you want. There are 7 billion people in the world and you've given me 5 examples.
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#10 » by Batsy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:43 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
Badbobby wrote:

Um, they're not Australian last time I checked. If LaMelo Ball wants to go from growing up in the US to playing in some specific parts Europe, that would be fine. I would recommend staying in US college though.

But most people you mentioned excelled at being tall. Yao was bread to be a basketball player quite literally, so basketball was in his family and country and in him as a very specific purpose. Feel free to keep naming Asians if you want. There are 7 billion people in the world and you've given me 5 examples.

Well, someone is getting defensive. You are wrong BTW
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#11 » by PoundTown » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:07 pm

brutalitops wrote:

I can’t imagine being this wrong actually. Dude - number 1, a 1st overall pick has already been Australian, but did play for a US college so maybe that meets your criteria and bogut lived and breathed basketball enoUgh, same with Simmons. Also, you’re flat out looking for the best player you can find, which has nothing to do with geographical location.
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#12 » by mixerball » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
Badbobby wrote:

oh, you were being serious with your fisrt post. i though that was sarcasm. guess not lol
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 203

Post#13 » by RipCityKJ » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:48 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:
Badbobby wrote:

Dude you’re ignorant AF! What are you even talking about? What even constitutes an American to you anyway? Is it the white only Europeans who came here on the mayflower or is the Natives they killed in mass genocide? Or do you go back to the ice age when humans traveled from Central Europe and Western Asia over the ice cap into North America?

You only have to mention Steve Nash to make your whole argument pointless, he was a small point guard who won back to back MVPs as a CANADIAN and would have won 3 but lost to Dirk a GERMAN! I could name 30 more players right now mostly guards or wings but here’s 5 from the last decade that have something in common other than not attending US colleges:

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Marco Belinelli
Boris Diaw
Tiago Spliter

All won championships playing together as a team, enough said!
big_hump
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#14 » by big_hump » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:08 pm

"They must attend an American college"

That's where you screwed up... Where is Bogut from again? Not saying he tore the league apart, but you should just proofread, and think it through next time.
MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,396

Post#15 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:53 pm

big_hump wrote:

"They must attend an American college"

That's where you screwed up... Where is Bogut from again? Not saying he tore the league apart, but you should just proofread, and think it through next time.

He played for Utah in the NCAA tho...
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#16 » by DoItALL9 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:18 pm

mixerball wrote:
IWishIWasHarden wrote:
Badbobby wrote:

oh, you were being serious with your fisrt post. i though that was sarcasm. guess not lol
Hahahahahaha
Same here, I thought it was just playful trolling maybe with the hidden agenda of supporting the NCAA game

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#17 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:51 pm

Phhht.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#18 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

The largest junior basketball tournament in the world is occurring within 100 metres of my house this coming week.

14000 kids playing in it would be somewhat surprised by your perspective.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,197

Post#19 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:53 pm

If only I had known it started... I missed the whole thing!

Return to Wiretap Discussion