ImageImage

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks & Sports Media) - Sparky postgame show back starting tomorrow

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,452

Re: Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and local sports media) 

Post#41 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:53 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:
crkone wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Are there any sites that break it down by time period?

I mean that site has it broken down by month. Are you looking for a longer time period, like going back years?

I think he means by hourly time slot

Yeah I'm interested in specific time slots.i know radio stations pay for that info so I don't think it's widely available. The JS used to publish it occasionally.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#42 » by crkone » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:22 pm

I moved your post over to the FF thread - MD

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#43 » by Siefer » Thu Jan 2, 2020 7:57 pm

I'm pretty darn impressed by Kane's improvements on LOB. He has good hosting instincts, is clearly gaining confidence at the mic, and enjoys strong chemistry with Frank. Very happy with the trajectory of that show.

On the other end of the spectrum, Open Floor has fallen apart since Michael Pina joined. In addition to being charmless, abrasive, and seemingly uninformed, he has negative chemistry with Ben Golliver. You can just feel the soul-crushing exhaustion pouring from Golliver as he tries to mold Pina's ill-conceived hot takes into an actual segment. It's become a chore to listen to what was previously a great podcast.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Bucks Media Thread (Discussion of Bucks and local sports media) 

Post#44 » by StickeeFingaz » Thu Jan 2, 2020 9:16 pm

Siefer wrote:I'm pretty darn impressed by Kane's improvements on LOB. He has good hosting instincts, is clearly gaining confidence at the mic, and enjoys strong chemistry with Frank. Very happy with the trajectory of that show.

On the other end of the spectrum, Open Floor has fallen apart since Michael Pina joined. In addition to being charmless, abrasive, and seemingly uninformed, he has negative chemistry with Ben Golliver. You can just feel the soul-crushing exhaustion pouring from Golliver as he tries to mold Pina's ill-conceived hot takes into an actual segment. It's become a chore to listen to what was previously a great podcast.

100% agree on both takes. Used to really enjoy Sharp and Golliver. I’ll never forget Pina defending Kidd as a good coach years ago, and his love for Harden kills me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#45 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sun Jan 5, 2020 6:54 pm

The MJS print edition today couldn't even get an article out about last night's game.

Sweet article about a Waterfowl group holding their state meeting at Lambeau though.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#46 » by Siefer » Mon Jan 6, 2020 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Love that the band is getting back together, but they're out of their minds with the subscription plan.
feldm093
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#47 » by feldm093 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:01 am

Yeah, Sharp and Golliver were a hell of a one-two punch during Peak Open Floor, but a buck or more a podcast seems excessive.

If they'd mixed it with something like a Patreon where Sharp could do some writing of his own the $5 a month isn't as crazy, but it's still crazy. Hell, there's one or two "newsletters" I subscribe to that pump out tons of daily foreign affairs content and I was able to get in with $20 for the year.

To their credit everyone is trying to figure out what the hell to do with the way the podcast industry is these days. Saying it's over-saturated is underselling it, so credit to them for trying to find a new lane free of men's low-T ads.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#48 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 7:53 pm

I'm not paying for it, but denying people of the podcast for a long time increases demand and being one of the first to put it behind a pay wall is a decent idea.

Not saying it'll work, but this is maybe the best way to leverage things. I'd have considered paying for the return of Simmons after the ESPN firing

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,063

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:22 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:I'm not paying for it, but denying people of the podcast for a long time increases demand and being one of the first to put it behind a pay wall is a decent idea.

Not saying it'll work, but this is maybe the best way to leverage things. I'd have considered paying for the return of Simmons after the ESPN firing

Bill Simmons might be the only guy I’d consider paying for. But the reality is there are so many content producers out there, that someone equally as good will rise with a free pod.

I thought I did read somewhere that Simmons grosses $5 million a year in advertising with his pod.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#50 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 9, 2020 10:56 pm

I don't pay. I get that many podcasts don't want ads in lieu of subscription fees because listeners can easily skip ads.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter
doublejman69
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#52 » by doublejman69 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sad to hear he is one of the good ones. The owner of that radio station is making major cuts nationwide today (they also own 97.3 fm and 920 am and other stations in Milwaukee).
gyp
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#53 » by gyp » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 am

Dario and Shea gone from 97.3 due to those layoffs.
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#54 » by WimpyDeer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:17 pm

Bucks getting some love on The Ringer these last 2 days. Here's an article from today. The NBA podcast touched on the same content yesterday too.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/16/21068573/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#55 » by ACGB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:31 pm

WimpyDeer wrote:Bucks getting some love on The Ringer these last 2 days. Here's an article from today. The NBA podcast touched on the same content yesterday too.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/1/16/21068573/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo

This is calling out pretty much all the national writers who have spent the season talking themselves out of the Bucks. A stugotzian "do it in the playoffs" is the best analysis they get on most podcasts.
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#56 » by WimpyDeer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:29 pm

ACGB wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:Bucks getting some love on The Ringer these last 2 days. Here's an article from today. The NBA podcast touched on the same content yesterday too.

This is calling out pretty much all the national writers who have spent the season talking themselves out of the Bucks. A stugotzian "do it in the playoffs" is the best analysis they get on most podcasts.

The "do it in the playoffs" thing is ridiculous because after losing in 6 games in the ECF this statement actually means "win the title". They did mention on the podcast that it could be similar to the Warriors where people won't believe in it until it works. Before the Warriors won their first title, plenty of heads were saying a jumpshooting team couldn't win.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#57 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:45 pm

gyp wrote:Dario and Shea gone from 97.3 due to those layoffs.

:D

Dario is the worst

Good riddance
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#58 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
gyp wrote:Dario and Shea gone from 97.3 due to those layoffs.

:D

Dario is the worst

Good riddance

The most arrogant, never wrong, I know everything host Milwaukee has had in a long time.
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,115

Post#59 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Rusillo talked Bucks for a good 10 minutes on one of his latest pods although didn't say anything too crazy.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,900

Post#60 » by Plossum » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:28 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:I'm not paying for it, but denying people of the podcast for a long time increases demand and being one of the first to put it behind a pay wall is a decent idea.

Bill Simmons might be the only guy I’d consider paying for. But the reality is there are so many content producers out there, that someone equally as good will rise with a free pod.

I thought I did read somewhere that Simmons grosses $5 million a year in advertising with his pod.

Rumour has it Spotify might be buying The Ringer which is good news for keeping their content free.
#LockUpChuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks