ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#861 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:
basketballRob wrote:If we have Fultz for at least 6 more healthy years, he could be the best PG in Magic history.

The only way for this to happen is if someone travels back in time and murders Penny Hardaway in 1992.

Hang on there.

I don’t expect Fultz to be better than the best of Penny because those are extremely high expectations for anyone.

However, Penny only played 6 seasons here and the final 3 were shortened. Also, we couldn’t win it all with Penny.

It may not be Fultz, but there are many milestones for someone to achieve and surpass Penny some day.

... coming from a HUGE Penny fan.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,546

Post#862 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:41 pm

I was thinking about peaks primarily when I posted my previous comment. I like Fultz a lot, but I don't see him reaching peak Penny level, given his health issues and how great Penny was in his prime.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#863 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:I was thinking about peaks primarily when I posted my previous comment. I like Fultz a lot, but I don't see him reaching peak Penny level, given his health issues and how great Penny was in his prime.

From a purely statistical level....

Penny's Best season was 21.7pnt 7.2asst 4.3 reb and 2st with 51.2% shooting. Everything you'll want in a PG

but... to be honest... i do see no reason that similar numbers can not be attainable by fultz in the future. THe kid is pretty special and is exciting with the ball in his hands. Slowly but surely that usage rate is going to rise and the ball will be in his hands more than it has been.

I'm no longer worried about his health. I think it was more of a one off freak situation than something that should linger over his head for life. He and the team seems dedicated his health... so... i'm confident on that stance. The kid is special and I'm happy we were able to acquire our pg of the future.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,546

Post#864 » by Bergmaniac » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:19 pm

He'd have to dramatically improve his jump shot to reach prime Penny level as a scorer. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see it happening with his health issues.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#865 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:53 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:I was thinking about peaks primarily when I posted my previous comment. I like Fultz a lot, but I don't see him reaching peak Penny level, given his health issues and how great Penny was in his prime.

Penny's Best season was 21.7pnt 7.2asst 4.3 reb and 2st with 51.2% shooting. Everything you'll want in a PG

but... to be honest... i do see no reason that similar numbers can not be attainable by fultz in the future. THe kid is pretty special and is exciting with the ball in his hands. Slowly but surely that usage rate is going to rise and the ball will be in his hands more than it has been.

I'm no longer worried about his health. I think it was more of a one off freak situation than something that should linger over his head for life. He and the team seems dedicated his health... so... i'm confident on that stance. The kid is special and I'm happy we were able to acquire our pg of the future.

Stats are pretty inflated now though compared to the 90's.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#866 » by j-ragg » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:28 pm

Fultz still has his Washington handle. Still can finish at the rim like at Washington. Just one piece missing to be the superstar, but I said before on here if he doesn't get any better and has an Eric Bledsoe like prime I'm totally fine with that. But Fultz was like Harden at Washington, I hope it comes back damn it
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#867 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:32 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

Stats are pretty inflated now though compared to the 90's.

Good call man! But... if he can get me those numbers now. i'm happy. haha
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#868 » by JojoSlimbiid » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:00 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#869 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:17 am

j-ragg wrote:Fultz still has his Washington handle. Still can finish at the rim like at Washington. Just one piece missing to be the superstar, but I said before on here if he doesn't get any better and has an Eric Bledsoe like prime I'm totally fine with that. But Fultz was like Harden at Washington, I hope it comes back damn it

To each their own, but I keep coming back to prime D-Rose as my Washington Fultz comp.

Not sure anyone here would be upset with any of these scenarios however.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#870 » by drsd » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

Hardaway was a career 31% shooter from distance.

bigmoe1952
Junior
And1: 23

Post#871 » by bigmoe1952 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:00 pm

drsd wrote:Fultz is shooting 73.9% on his free ball. In that increase in percentage, he is also being fouled more. These are both tremendous outcomes of improvement.

He's three-ball still sucks though. He will never be an elite guard without that. But right now his overall metrics score out as "average-starter", which is fine at his salary line.

He needs to practice those 3 balls all summer long. He can get his 3 shot back but it will take some work...and then LOOKOUT!
THAT'LL BE THE DAY!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#872 » by drsd » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:21 pm

bigmoe1952 wrote:
drsd wrote:Fultz is shooting 73.9% on his free ball. In that increase in percentage, he is also being fouled more. These are both tremendous outcomes of improvement.

He's three-ball still sucks though. He will never be an elite guard without that. But right now his overall metrics score out as "average-starter", which is fine at his salary line.

He needs to practice those 3 balls all summer long. He can get his 3 shot back but it will take some work...and then LOOKOUT!

Where is the And-2 button ?!?!?!?

Mc-o
Veteran
And1: 1,507

Post#873 » by Mc-o » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Idk fultz reminds me of Elfrid Payton , just more athletic . If he can’t get a shot , he will be a bench player .
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,993

Post#874 » by p0peye » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:43 pm

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#875 » by zaymon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Mc-o wrote:Idk fultz reminds me of Elfrid Payton , just more athletic . If he can’t get a shot , he will be a bench player .

It all lies on his shot. I think Payton was a better passer while Fultz is a better defender and midrange shooter( still not great as of now)
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#876 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-redemption-of-markelle-fultz-185132211.html

“It's been that way since I was younger,” Fultz, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft, told Yahoo Sports. “I wasn't ranked coming into high school. I got cut from the varsity team. I've been fighting through adversity and battles I've had to overcome, but that's what's made this journey fun.

“I feel like it's almost my own little story that I have, and I feel like it's unwritten until my career is over, so I'm just trying to keep putting pages in my book.”

he's a really great kid from what i see. Happy we were able to get him!
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#877 » by Last Guardian » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Its becoming more clear now. Great ballhandler, elite finisher, great playmaker, decent defender and he starting to find the range (and he's not afraid to take 3's).
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#878 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Last Guardian wrote:Its becoming more clear now. Great ballhandler, elite finisher, great playmaker, decent defender and he starting to find the range (and he's not afraid to take 3's).

Weltman, Hammond and Clifford are quite certain he will be all star. Cant blame them.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#879 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 pm

zaymon wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:Its becoming more clear now. Great ballhandler, elite finisher, great playmaker, decent defender and he starting to find the range (and he's not afraid to take 3's).

Weltman, Hammond and Clifford are quite certain he will be all star. Cant blame them.

And i agree with em too! Can't take this season at face value. Next season will be when he really shines. :nod: :nod:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#880 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:18 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

And i agree with em too! Can't take this season at face value. Next season will be when he really shines. :nod: :nod:

WeHam have to actually go out of their way this offseason to surround Fultz with shooters. Its borderline criminal if they don't add shooters. You put shooters around Futlz and he will find them.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic