ImageImageImage

Welcome Mike Scott

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Re: Welcome Mike Scott 

Post#41 » by snoopdogg88 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm

The Mike Scott cult is so corny. He’s a bad player and a clown of a person.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#42 » by Sixerscan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:13 pm

What’s corny is getting mad at people for having fun with random stuff about sports. It’s not that serious.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,443

Post#43 » by Eyeamok » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Can't we all just get along!
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#44 » by LloydFree » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:24 pm

joelabec wrote:If you want to ingratiate yourself to Philly fans, the last thing you do is pimp your Redskins stuff at an Eagles home game and start posting stuff on some daring stuff on social media. He opened himself up to it and was asking for it there. Iverson is a Cowboys fan, but he doesn't act a fool in Philly about it. Starting to think this pedestrian player is better than he thinks he is. No other fan base even cared about him. Should have known better. And as a pro athlete you don't respond to drunks. Showed lack of discipline here. Not a fan!

He should've knocked out about three more of 'em, including the juvenile delinquent in the Cox jersey. Glad he didn't though, because all those pieces of garbage would have been at a Lawyer's office Monday morning, playing the victim.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
NYSixersFan
Analyst
And1: 1,563

Post#45 » by NYSixersFan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:57 am

Kevin Durant is a die hard Skins fan...if he was a Sixer and that was him at the game instead of Scott; what would the reaction be?
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#46 » by kingofthecourt67 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 am

lol he's not being cut over that. Remember Embiid got into it with an Eagles fan? He did just fine on our team.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,718

Post#47 » by 76thBearCub » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 am

Eyeamok wrote:Can't we all just get along!
Clearly, no.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using RealGM mobile app
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#48 » by gdog2004 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:31 pm

LloydFree wrote:
joelabec wrote:If you want to ingratiate yourself to Philly fans, the last thing you do is pimp your Redskins stuff at an Eagles home game and start posting stuff on some daring stuff on social media. He opened himself up to it and was asking for it there. Iverson is a Cowboys fan, but he doesn't act a fool in Philly about it. Starting to think this pedestrian player is better than he thinks he is. No other fan base even cared about him. Should have known better. And as a pro athlete you don't respond to drunks. Showed lack of discipline here. Not a fan!

He should've knocked out about three more of 'em, including the juvenile delinquent in the Cox jersey. Glad he didn't though, because all those pieces of garbage would have been at a Lawyer's office Monday morning, playing the victim.

Right on. Bunch of drunk cowards do that stuff. People can be awesome, the general public ? not so much.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#49 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:29 pm

This guy.... Another master stroke signing by Elton.

Aside from lack of depth at PF, there's no justifiable explanation as to why Scott should still be in the regular rotation. He's been a 2-way liability for the last several weeks and I see zero reason for Brett to have any allegiance to him at this juncture.

Hopefully we're exploring options to remedy this. A simple Jeff Green pickup makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,898

Post#50 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 pm

gdog2004 wrote: People can be awesome, the general public ? not so much.

Perfect.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,898

Post#51 » by mjkvol » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:This guy.... Another master stroke signing by Elton.

Aside from lack of depth at PF, there's no justifiable explanation as to why Scott should still be in the regular rotation. He's been a 2-way liability for the last several weeks and I see zero reason for Brett to have any allegiance to him at this juncture.

Hopefully we're exploring options to remedy this. A simple Jeff Green pickup makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

Scott will be this year's version of McConnell, the guy who is generally a liability that Brett is obsessed with and 'loyal' to.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
creek48
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#52 » by creek48 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:14 pm

I would like to see Mike get minutes tonight. The trade deadline is coming up fast and both he and Smith seem to be in every trade proposal. The Sixers need to show he still has value. They should be setting him up for success. Last night he had only 3 minutes, tonight on the backend of a back to back he has fresh legs.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,106

Post#53 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:25 pm

I feel like Scott becomes more undesirable the more he's on the court.

I'd keep him off the court so his potential suitors just see a 6'8" dude that can shoot as opposed to the unproductive, impact-less player that he really is.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#54 » by agiaco » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I feel like Scott becomes more undesirable the more he's on the court.

I'd keep him off the court so his potential suitors just see a 6'8" dude that can shoot as opposed to the unproductive, impact-less player that he really is.

His shot is so broken right now. He's not offering anything and we desperately need an upgrade at his position at this point. I'm surprised he was shooting well at some points considering he basically just flings the ball with 1 hand.

I'd like Bertans in his spot. Or Cov but I think paying for Bertans will already be costly.
CastorRay
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#55 » by CastorRay » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:35 pm

WTH has happened to this guy?
CastorRay
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#56 » by CastorRay » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:36 pm

agiaco wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I feel like Scott becomes more undesirable the more he's on the court.

His shot is so broken right now. He's not offering anything and we desperately need an upgrade at his position at this point. I'm surprised he was shooting well at some points considering he basically just flings the ball with 1 hand.

I'd like Bertans in his spot. Or Cov but I think paying for Bertans will already be costly.

Bertans would be a god send to this team. Someone on the NBA jump mentioned this a couple days ago.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#57 » by Arsenal » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:27 pm

creek48 wrote:I would like to see Mike get minutes tonight. The trade deadline is coming up fast and both he and Smith seem to be in every trade proposal. The Sixers need to show he still has value. They should be setting him up for success. Last night he had only 3 minutes, tonight on the backend of a back to back he has fresh legs.

Agree with this. We need to pump and dump on Scott by the deadline. No team will accept him unless he shows he can still do something, because of the extra year on his contract that our moron front office gave him.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#58 » by agiaco » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 pm

I mean no offense but don't you think most teams know what Mike Scott offers by now? It's not like he's a 1 year guy bouncing between the G-League and the NBA.
creek48
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#59 » by creek48 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:37 pm

agiaco wrote:I mean no offense but don't you think most teams know what Mike Scott offers by now? It's not like he's a 1 year guy bouncing between the G-League and the NBA.

He has been in a terrible slump. He needs to play his way out. Giving him encouragement can help. Yes he has been around long enough for people to know what type of player he is but it never hurts to polish up what you hope to sell.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#60 » by phillynative » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:22 am

Hes undersized, streaky shooter and he cant defend any position. The only hope is that he can get it going again.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers