ImageImageImage

Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,274

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1061 » by andyhop » Sat Dec 7, 2019 1:00 am

Rubio currently sitting 15th in the league in PIPM ( which is like a luck adjusted RPM)
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1062 » by Jedzz » Sun Dec 8, 2019 5:32 am

What can we trade to get Rubio back? This team doesn't want to use Point Wiggins.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#1063 » by PharmD » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 am

Games with 9+ assists and 1 or less turnovers:

Rubio 7
LeBron 4
then 7 guys with 2
and 23 guys with 1

Games with 11+ assists and 4+ steals:

Rubio 3
Rest of NBA 6

AST – TO ratio (MIN 10 games played and 23 minutes per game)

1. Ricky Rubio 4.88
2. Marcus Smart 3.64
= Difference of 1.24
31. Draymond Green 2.41
= Difference of 1.23
Marcus Smart is closer to #31 then he is #1.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#1064 » by PharmD » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:47 am

Ricky Rubio has 73 assists to 9 TOs over his last 7 games.

He's second in the league with 9.2 APG.

He's posting close to a ridiculous 5 AST/TO ratio.

He's on pace to become the first player ever to average over 12 PPG and 8 APG with less than 2 TOPG in a season.

He's +97 on the season (18 games played).

He's got a +7.7 net rating, highest among all starters outside the top-10 teams in the league

(I stole both these posts fwiw, thanks to Sugarless and BrightSideOfTheSun)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#1065 » by Klomp » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:18 pm

Interesting that Tyus' A/TO ratio has pretty much been cut in half from last year.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1066 » by Jedzz » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 am

Klomp wrote:Interesting that Tyus' A/TO ratio has pretty much been cut in half from last year.

Maybe because he's feeling more pressure to offer offense or even what he's known for at a higher level due to what he's getting paid now. Maybe forcing it more. He never forced anything here, almsot to a fault. Never driving the net, never isoing on offense. His dribbling stopped before reaching the 3 pt line.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#1067 » by PharmD » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:36 am

I just watched this Suns-Spurs game in Mexico City and i cannot believe that we traded away Ricky. He is sofa king good at running an offense. 9.4 assists/game (10.5/36) on 2.1 turnovers.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#1068 » by minimus » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:26 am

Tyrone Wallace was waived by ATL.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1069 » by Jedzz » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 am

to much fun to watch

GooniousMaximus
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#1070 » by GooniousMaximus » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:33 am

Jedzz wrote:to much fun to watch

I switched over to that on League Pass, that was a ridiculous video-game-esque finish, lol. Good ol Zach.

Would he and Rubio be doing better on this squad and coaching staff compared to Thibs and the Timberbulls?
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1071 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:28 pm

GooniousMaximus wrote:
Would he and Rubio be doing better on this squad and coaching staff compared to Thibs and the Timberbulls?

Good question, but I think Rubio wore out his welcome here with all of his shooting problems. Also, depends on who we brought in as coach and or GM. Kind of like the draft nights, if we could know how they would turn out, we would have lots of rings by now. Also, sometimes it takes change of scenery to actually grow into a player. Rubio may have stayed the same, and who knows if Zach was ever going to be healthy again. Thibs took a win now chance and lost. POS Thibs.
GooniousMaximus
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#1072 » by GooniousMaximus » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 pm

I think thats part of the problem, Minnesota historically have had some really talented players we never quite developed, with a few exceptions and even then did we do the best possible development. Latest example is KAT and Wiggins, Wiggins is definitely improved but still needs to continue to calibrate and fine tune and KAT just needs more tenacity and get over the whining part of it when he doesn't get his calls (not saying their not justified but just keep going).
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#1073 » by PharmD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:42 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
GooniousMaximus wrote:

Good question, but I think Rubio wore out his welcome here with all of his shooting problems. Also, depends on who we brought in as coach and or GM. Kind of like the draft nights, if we could know how they would turn out, we would have lots of rings by now. Also, sometimes it takes change of scenery to actually grow into a player. Rubio may have stayed the same, and who knows if Zach was ever going to be healthy again. Thibs took a win now chance and lost. POS Thibs.

Rubio's best year of his career was playing for Thibs. He was better that year than he is now. It's just that now he's playing for not-Minnesota so there's people that see him play and realize how good he is.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1074 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:35 am

PharmD wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
GooniousMaximus wrote:

Rubio's best year of his career was playing for Thibs. He was better that year than he is now. It's just that now he's playing for not-Minnesota so there's people that see him play and realize how good he is.

I thnk there was only a two month stretch where he shot well under Thibs and continued to do everything we knew him as. Thibs relented his constant desire to replace and work around him and let him lead for a couple months to raise his trade value. Rubio got after it shooting wise like he never really had here. Either because he knew he had to for the trade or to prove everyone wrong. But it really wasn't even close to a full season of this. It was on THibs and his goof up drafting Dunn, he even Worked Wiggins at point some backing Rubio off the lead. However, would Rubio felt compelled to start shooting like that if all these events didn't drag it out of him? Not sure. But as soon as hitting the Jazz, we saw a rekindled motor and at least a desire to be able to shoot better more often.
PharmD
Head Coach

Post#1075 » by PharmD » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:30 am

Jedzz wrote:
PharmD wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:

I thnk there was only a two month stretch where he shot well under Thibs and continued to do everything we knew him as. Thibs relented his constant desire to replace and work around him and let him lead for a couple months to raise his trade value. Rubio got after it shooting wise like he never really had here. Either because he knew he had to for the trade or to prove everyone wrong. But it really wasn't even close to a full season of this. It was on THibs and his goof up drafting Dunn, he even Worked Wiggins at point some backing Rubio off the lead. However, would Rubio felt compelled to start shooting like that if all these events didn't drag it out of him? Not sure. But as soon as hitting the Jazz, we saw a rekindled motor and at least a desire to be able to shoot better more often.

I've always seen that season as Thibs coming in already not liking Rubio and trying to make Andrew Wiggins the primary creator/make the offense manageable for Kris Dunn and his obvious limitations.

I've always referred to the first 24 games as the "Ricky in the Corner" era. It all turned around on 12/13/16 @ Chicago, where Thibs wanted to win so bad he let his team play optimally instead of micromanaging like he loved to do. We were down 26 to 6 in the first quarter (and 6-18 on the season) when Thibs called timeout and and let Ricky take the ball. Up to that point Ricky had 6.5 assists/game. From then on he had 10.0 assists/game. We started that year 6-18, then went 22-20 before doing our traditional tank to the finish.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1076 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:33 am

Yes that recounts it well.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#1077 » by Calinks » Fri Jan 3, 2020 8:03 pm

Bring him home! He's ready to contribute and reach his final form!!!!

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Post#1078 » by minimus » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:11 am

packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1079 » by packforfreedom » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:09 pm

every Rubio highlight makes my heart bleed.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1080 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:51 am

Teague with a very nice first game for Atlanta.
15 points on 6-9 with a 3 and 2-2 from the line.
3 boards 7 assists a steal and like usual a block. Still boggles my mind how many blocks he gets.
One down side 5 TOs.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves