ImageImageImage

Updates on former Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Updates on former Wolves 

Post#1081 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:06 am

KGdaBom wrote:Teague with a very nice first game for Atlanta.
15 points on 6-9 with a 3 and 2-2 from the line.
3 boards 7 assists a steal and like usual a block. Still boggles my mind how many blocks he gets.
One down side 5 TOs.

Lost by 33. that smarts. We've been there recently.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#1082 » by Dual » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:27 pm

packforfreedom wrote:every Rubio highlight makes my heart bleed.

I was thinking today about how good of a core Wolves had before Thibs break it.
Rubio(playmaker)
Lavine(scorer, clutch)
Wiggins(athletic wing)
Kat(superstar)
I know Wolves fans wanted to be in the playoffs badly after so long, but with just 1 or 2 years more that they had, that would be a playoff team to grow from there and add some pieces, defensive ones I must say.
A shame tbh.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#1083 » by Neeva » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Dual wrote:

Rubio(playmaker)
Lavine(scorer, clutch)
Wiggins(athletic wing)
Kat(superstar)
I know Wolves fans wanted to be in the playoffs badly after so long, but with just 1 or 2 years more that they had, that would be a playoff team to grow from there and add some pieces, defensive ones I must say.
A shame tbh.

Not just that if you are gonna break this up do it for someone like Doncic wolves could have easily moved up to third in 2018 draft and snagged doncic had they just stayed the course and not accelerate the timeline by adding freaking butler.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1084 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:18 pm

Try not to cry. game this weekend.

PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#1085 » by PharmD » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Dual wrote:

Rubio(playmaker)
Lavine(scorer, clutch)
Wiggins(athletic wing)
Kat(superstar)
A shame tbh.

Yep, you suck for a decade to wait to get into such a good spot. Flip Saunders dying really hurt. I was totally on board with hiring Thibs but he really sucked and it was obvious pretty much immediately.

Under Sammich the starting lineup of Rubio-Lavine-Wiggins-Towns-Dieng was +2.8, which is just nuts for a starting lineup with three 20-year olds, a 24-year old and a 25-year old.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#1086 » by Dual » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:17 pm

PharmD wrote:
Dual wrote:

Rubio(playmaker)
Lavine(scorer, clutch)
Wiggins(athletic wing)
Kat(superstar)
A shame tbh.

Yep, you suck for a decade to wait to get into such a good spot. Flip Saunders dying really hurt. I was totally on board with hiring Thibs but he really sucked and it was obvious pretty much immediately.

Under Sammich the starting lineup of Rubio-Lavine-Wiggins-Towns-Dieng was +2.8, which is just nuts for a starting lineup with three 20-year olds, a 24-year old and a 25-year old.

After what he did in Minny it seems Thibs career has ended for the moment.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1087 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am

Dual wrote:
PharmD wrote:
Dual wrote:I was thinking today about how good of a core Wolves had before Thibs break it.
Rubio(playmaker)
Lavine(scorer, clutch)
Wiggins(athletic wing)
Kat(superstar)
A shame tbh.

After what he did in Minny it seems Thibs career has ended for the moment.

I'm with everyone lamenting the Rubio and LaVine moves out of here. Every bit of it. But let's try not to forget Towns and Wiggins had a lot to do with Rubio exiting too. They weren't following him. The whispers out of the locker room were that Rubio had no followers. They were 20 year olds who knew everything, wanted more 20 year olds around them. Now Towns is 24, Wiggins will be 25 in Feb.
Dan33185
Senior
And1: 940

Post#1088 » by Dan33185 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:28 pm

PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#1089 » by PharmD » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:28 pm

Delonte West played for the timberwolves?
mandurugo
Starter
And1: 231

Post#1090 » by mandurugo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 am

Jedzz wrote:I'm with everyone lamenting the Rubio and LaVine moves out of here. Every bit of it. But let's try not to forget Towns and Wiggins had a lot to do with Rubio exiting too. They weren't following him. The whispers out of the locker room were that Rubio had no followers. They were 20 year olds who knew everything, wanted more 20 year olds around them. Now Towns is 24, Wiggins will be 25 in Feb.

I never heard anything like that and can't recall anyone suggesting it here at the time.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1091 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:39 am

mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I'm with everyone lamenting the Rubio and LaVine moves out of here. Every bit of it. But let's try not to forget Towns and Wiggins had a lot to do with Rubio exiting too. They weren't following him. The whispers out of the locker room were that Rubio had no followers. They were 20 year olds who knew everything, wanted more 20 year olds around them. Now Towns is 24, Wiggins will be 25 in Feb.

I never heard anything like that and can't recall anyone suggesting it here at the time.

Sorry that you were out of that loop. That's kind of why I posted it in case you never heard it. Just don't ask me to start googling the universe for 4 and 5 year old stuff.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1092 » by Dewey » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:26 am

Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:

Sorry that you were out of that loop. That's kind of why I posted it, in case you never heard it. Just don't ask me to start googling the universe for 4 and 5 year old stuff.

I can relate to this ... I was a rube fan and these guys had no real understanding of the value he brought to their game. Look at them now ...
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#1093 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:31 am

PharmD wrote:Delonte West played for the timberwolves?

We acquired him, but he never played a game here.

July 26, 2010: Traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers with Sebastian Telfair to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Ryan Hollins, Ramon Sessions and a 2013 2nd round draft pick (Jeff Withey was later selected).

August 3, 2010: Waived by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
mandurugo
Starter

Post#1094 » by mandurugo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:

Sorry that you were out of that loop. That's kind of why I posted it in case you never heard it. Just don't ask me to start googling the universe for 4 and 5 year old stuff.

No need to look it up, though I don't believe you're correct. They couldn't have had too much to do with his leaving for that reason since he was shortly after replaced by Jeff Teague who was 2 years older than him. You might have seen rumors to this effect somewhere, but they were clearly bogus.
gandlogo
Junior
And1: 367

Post#1095 » by gandlogo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:18 pm

As much as I dislike the Lakers and Lebron, it would be cool if D Rose ends up there and gets a ring.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Post#1096 » by Neeva » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:28 pm

Still cant believe wolves didn’t
Try to get something in exchange for rose last year:/
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1097 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:48 pm

mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:

No need to look it up, though I don't believe you're correct. They couldn't have had too much to do with his leaving for that reason since he was shortly after replaced by Jeff Teague who was 2 years older than him. You might have seen rumors to this effect somewhere, but they were clearly bogus.

There was a lot of things leaking out the locker rooms at the time and not much of it was positive. I guarantee it was said somewhere and I dsicussed it with a few people. But you are correct, there is no telling how much truth there was to any of it. Aside from in this case also having the games to look back on and see that they weren't impressed by him or working with him. It was well known enough at the time that the Cameras during games would flash over to Towns every time Rubio would miss a shot to get his facial expression and they were usually telling. It was at least a public belief if the written/leaked reports weren't based on direct word.

If you need further examples to slide over the the belief side, just think about why he was traded. Half the fan base loved him and he was a very good creator for others. A broken shot wasn't enough to push him out. Look at all the broken shots we watch today. He wasn't respected by the child king at the time. Is what it was.
mandurugo
Starter

Post#1098 » by mandurugo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

There was a lot of things leaking out the locker rooms at the time and not much of it was positive. I guarantee it was said somewhere and I dsicussed it with a few people. But you are correct, there is no telling how much truth there was to any of it. Aside from in this case also having the games to look back on and see that they weren't impressed by him or working with him. It was well known enough at the time that the Cameras during games would flash over to Towns every time Rubio would miss a shot to get his facial expression and they were usually telling. It was at least a public belief if the written/leaked reports weren't based on direct word.

If you need further examples to slide over the the belief side, just think about why he was traded. Half the fan base loved him and he was a very good creator for others. A broken shot wasn't enough to push him out. Look at all the broken shots we watch today. He wasn't respected by the child king at the time. Is what it was.

So your new theory is that they didn't want him out to play with somebody else in their 20's, but that they didn't respect him? And perhaps it wasn't both Towns and Wiggins, but only Towns? It seems your beliefs are pretty flexible... ;) Perhaps you're right, but I remain unconvinced. Well, not that you need to convince me, this is all water under the bridge.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1099 » by Jedzz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 am

mandurugo wrote:
So your new theory is that they didn't want him out to play with somebody else in their 20's, but that they didn't respect him? And perhaps it wasn't both Towns and Wiggins, but only Towns? It seems your beliefs are pretty flexible... ;) Perhaps you're right, but I remain unconvinced. Well, not that you need to convince me, this is all water under the bridge.

No theories or changing theories at all. Yes we are just reminiscing. Nothing to get excited over. The additional tack of respect issues was just in case you needed extra validation of the rift that existed. It was funny you brought up Teague. Teague was one of the idiots that elevated the Rubio disrespect around the league at the time, by bullying him on the court not once but I think twice. Other players started raining on him a bit. Butler might have chimed in and piled on from afar at the time. I don't think Thibs liked Rubio at all. Just a guess. However the Teague pickup after Rubio was sent away almost seemed like a twist of the knife after he was already gone.

I hated Rubio's headcase shooting problem as much as anyone while here. I was loud about it. But mostly because I could see how gifted he was at anything else, and yet there was this disconnect for shooting focus. I wanted a shooter, won't lie. But when the Butler trade happened I wanted him to stay to hold the team together, be the bridge of it all.

Thibs and Butler likely ushered Rubio out. But Kat/Wiggins already had issues with him.
mandurugo
Starter

Post#1100 » by mandurugo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:26 am

Jedzz wrote:
mandurugo wrote:

No theories or changing theories at all
. Yes we are just reminiscing. Nothing to get excited over. The additional tack of respect issues was just in case you needed extra validation of the rift that existed. It was funny you brought up Teague. Teague was one of the idiots that elevated the Rubio disrespect around the league at the time, by bullying him on the court not once but I think twice. Other players started raining on him a bit. Butler might have chimed in and piled on from afar at the time. I don't think Thibs liked Rubio at all. Just a guess. However the Teague pickup after Rubio was sent away almost seemed like a twist of the knife after he was already gone.

I hated Rubio's headcase shooting problem as much as anyone while here. I was loud about it. But mostly because I could see how gifted he was at anything else, and yet there was this disconnect for shooting focus. I wanted a shooter, won't lie. But when the Butler trade happened I wanted him to stay to hold the team together, be the bridge of it all.

Thibs and Butler likely ushered Rubio out. But Kat/Wiggins already had issues with him.

Wait... so you still believe that Towns and Wiggins successfully lobbied management to remove Rubio and replace him with a 20 year old point guard... even though that never happened. Are you unaware of history? Do you exist in an alternate timeline in which your theory came true? I would respond to the rest of what you wrote, but this is quite interesting. Please explain further how your theory is correct?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves