ImageImageImageImageImage

Two guys to pick up today

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Whom of the two would you sign today, assuming the money is reasonable?

Collison
88%
Crawford
No votes
Both
13%

Total votes: 16

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Two guys to pick up today 

Post#1 » by stan francisco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Collison should be a no brainer based on his defense and shot selection alone. Must be about timing or image. If he’s he’ll bent on converting the rest of the team and making the Lakers his religious social media platform I could see Jeannie hesitating. If he’s not content not converting everyone around him, don’t sign him.

I’d assume Pelinka is waiting with signing Collison until he has already made a trade involving a guard or two. If we sign Collison first and then look to move KCP and Kuzma for Bogdanovic, let’s say, teams know we‘re self motivated to discount or throw in another guard.

So who is number two that we could and absolutely should sign today? If you ask me, it’s easy. Jamal. Yes, Crawford. He’s still alive and unsigned. Sign him! Game seven in the NBA WC Finals, three seconds left, Jamal with the ball. I’d be grinning calmly. How much could he be asking for?

Then again, it’s not like we don’t have scorers. The ones we have just don’t play defense enough to earn time, and the can’t create for themselves. Jamal like Lou can win a tight series by himself. We just don’t have more(!) than LBJ and AD when it comes to guys you can hand the ball and ask for a bucket and expect to get one. He’d be number three.

Do it, Rob! I’d sign them both.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Re: Two guys to pick up today 

Post#2 » by Beethoven » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:39 pm

I m beginning to really think we should keep the team intact especially Kuzma ( i believe a lot of the team mates are attached to him in regards to supporting him) and just pick up Collison or Iguodala if we can and if not, oh well.
I think there's a reason Crawford is still out there and not mulled around by any one.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#3 » by iamworthy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:16 pm

I'm going to take you through my emotional journey when I read unsigned Jamal Crawford would be on the Lakers, on the floor during clutch time of the WCF, with the ball in his hands.... And not LeBrons hands.

stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by stan francisco » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:13 am

iamworthy wrote:I'm going to take you through my emotional journey when I read unsigned Jamal Crawford would be on the Lakers, on the floor during clutch time of the WCF, with the ball in his hands.... And not LeBrons hands.

Point well taken. Of course, I’d prefer AD and LBJ over him like everyone else. I should’ve been more specific. If that scenario were the case, I’d like my chances better with Crawford than in the hands of anyone not named LBJ or AD currently on the team. Yes, including Caruso and Kuzma.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#5 » by Beethoven » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:58 am

I'd rather have Steve Blake.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
First Take
Senior
And1: 414

Post#6 » by First Take » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:04 am

Pick up my **** Mario Chalmers and shane Battier or Mike Miller
whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#7 » by whitelight » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:23 pm

stan francisco wrote:Collison should be a no brainer based on his defense and shot selection alone. Must be about timing or image. If he’s he’ll bent on converting the rest of the team and making the Lakers his religious social media platform I could see Jeannie hesitating. If he’s not content not converting everyone around him, don’t sign him.

I’d assume Pelinka is waiting with signing Collison until he has already made a trade involving a guard or two. If we sign Collison first and then look to move KCP and Kuzma for Bogdanovic, let’s say, teams know we‘re self motivated to discount or throw in another guard.

So who is number two that we could and absolutely should sign today? If you ask me, it’s easy. Jamal. Yes, Crawford. He’s still alive and unsigned. Sign him! Game seven in the NBA WC Finals, three seconds left, Jamal with the ball. I’d be grinning calmly. How much could he be asking for?

Then again, it’s not like we don’t have scorers. The ones we have just don’t play defense enough to earn time, and the can’t create for themselves. Jamal like Lou can win a tight series by himself. We just don’t have more(!) than LBJ and AD when it comes to guys you can hand the ball and ask for a bucket and expect to get one. He’d be number three.

Don't bother because KCP is not waving that no trade clause to go to Sacramento.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by stan francisco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:33 pm

whitelight wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Collison should be a no brainer based on his defense and shot selection alone. Must be about timing or image. If he’s he’ll bent on converting the rest of the team and making the Lakers his religious social media platform I could see Jeannie hesitating. If he’s not content not converting everyone around him, don’t sign him.

Don't bother because KCP is not waving that no trade clause to go to Sacramento.

We could still sign Jamal for peanuts. Maybe we’ll pick them both up after the trade deadline. Makes no sense to do it now.
whitelight
Freshman

Post#9 » by whitelight » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 pm

stan francisco wrote:
whitelight wrote:

We could still sign Jamal for peanuts. Maybe we’ll pick them both up after the trade deadline. Makes no sense to do it now.

Screw Crawford because we need someone to defend Kawhi because we have no one.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by stan francisco » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:46 am

whitelight wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
whitelight wrote:

So, you’re shooting down suggestions but not suggesting anything better? Cool. He is in shape, can be had for five bucks. He can score 30 off the bench, 20 in any given quarter.

I’m all about defense, too. LeBron is afraid to guard KL, at least based on the first two meetings, so we could sure use a defensive wing big-time. Knowing Kuz, he’ll ask to guard Kawhi next game. He’ll get torched into early foul trouble.

Yeah, like all of us here, I want MWP to time travel for the Clippers meetings to give KL a serious fight. Iggy would be a good addition.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#11 » by BEazy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:35 am

The only moves I see happening are Iggy and Collison. I'm sure Rob will have to be blown away if a team wants Kuzma.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#12 » by Landsberger » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:44 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:The only moves I see happening are Iggy and Collison. I'm sure Rob will have to be blown away if a team wants Kuzma.

You are assuming Rob is the one making the deals. He's the one who gets the credit but don't underestimate the team Bron here. I could easily see us trading Kuz for a vet with a year left. Everything we've done in the last 18 months points to us being in full on win now mode. Kuz needs time and is young. Two things that mean little to us right now it seems.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#13 » by Spanish_Laker » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 pm

LMAO at Crawford as an option.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
whitelight
Freshman

Post#14 » by whitelight » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:49 pm

stan francisco wrote:
whitelight wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

So, you’re shooting down suggestions but not suggesting anything better? Cool. He is in shape, can be had for five bucks. He can score 30 off the bench, 20 in any given quarter.

I’m all about defense, too. LeBron is afraid to guard KL, at least based on the first two meetings, so we could sure use a defensive wing big-time. Knowing Kuz, he’ll ask to guard Kawhi next game. He’ll get torched into early foul trouble.

Yeah, like all of us here, I want MWP to time travel for the Clippers meetings to give KL a serious fight. Iggy would be a good addition.

The problem is Memphis won't wavie him try are trying to trade him so they can get what they want. As for not suggesting anything better getting a defender to stop Khawi is suggesting something better.
whitelight
Freshman

Post#15 » by whitelight » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:52 pm

Landsberger wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:The only moves I see happening are Iggy and Collison. I'm sure Rob will have to be blown away if a team wants Kuzma.

You are assuming Rob is the one making the deals. He's the one who gets the credit but don't underestimate the team Bron here. I could easily see us trading Kuz for a vet with a year left. Everything we've done in the last 18 months points to us being in full on win now mode. Kuz needs time and is young. Two things that mean little to us right now it seems.

Which he'll regret doing, and the real reason we might trade Kuz is because his new contract, and ADs new contract will put them in the luxury tax.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by stan francisco » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:23 am

whitelight wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
whitelight wrote:

The problem is Memphis won't wavie him try are trying to trade him so they can get what they want. As for not suggesting anything better getting a defender to stop Khawi is suggesting something better.

There is always a way. I want both Kuzma and Iggy. Not one or the other.

Who is that defensive veteran capable of slowing down Kawhi better than Kuzma? Remember that his salary needs to match Kuzma’s $1.94M and his +/- needs to be projected higher than Kuzma’s or we shouldn’t do it.

I’ve been waiting for that answer since start of season.

If we send them Caroline or Cacok paired with one of Troy Daniels or Quinn Cook, along with cash considerations, that would make sense for their ground up rebuild around Jae M.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers